Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#71786 Jan 23, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I read that ancient Egyptian mommies put fly feces in their babies' milk to sedate them and keep them from crying.
Where did you read that?

And did it work?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71787 Jan 23, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Since this thread is full of fundies thoughtful comments can be rare. However skewering trolls is not done merely for skewing trolls, it is also to counter the misinformation they spread. Which can at the very least provide potential lurkers to evaluate positions for themselves and hint at further lines of investigation.
That's an honest response. You're presenting a political position as well as a logical argument, looking out for the outsider. I'm sure you wouldn't like someone cutting up your arguments and pasting them together again like a crazy ransom note!

With that in mind, that's why I find it easier to keep the wording as close to impartiality as possible, but then post a conclusion at the end of the observation. Don't make assumptions that aren't essential to your point when the point is scientific. You can play whatever games you want with the politics, but the science should come first. Sound bites make bad science.

Just my humble observation! ;)
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71788 Jan 23, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Shit!
This is a forum for all. What you have said had been said before.
Charles, scatological comments don't enhance the forum.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#71789 Jan 23, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Think straight!
What is the essence of women and men, if men are only interested in their sexes, instead of their sexes?
Don't turn your brain upside down.
I do think straight and in straight thinking it is easy to see that you have deliberately tried to screw the questions round a corner so you can ignore them.

You have not answered ANY of the questions, but instead offered a limited scope cop out that ignores human instincts and the desire for pleasure in any way that the CONSENTING humans personally choose. Why was that?

Was it because you don’t have answers? So all you can to is try (and fail) to discredit the questioner with foam and irrelevancies?

Or was it because you feel it your god given right to stick you nose into the life of everyone you don’t agree with?

I will ask again

There is no justification for religion either except for personal choice but that never stopped you – right?
(You never answered that but you proved it to be correct by your actions, it did not stop you)

Does homosexuality effect you in any way?

Do you see homosexuals telling the world that you are wrong?

Now can you say the same for godbots like you?

Waiting

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#71790 Jan 23, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Homosexuality has no positive impact on any culture.
Nor do people who are left-handed.
Or Blonde.

Etc.

Except when the OTHER qualities these individuls possess other than their dexterity, hair color, or sexual identity are not considered.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#71791 Jan 23, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quotedr text>For the Pharaohs.
Why are pyramids all over the world the same shape?
They are alters to the heavens and the priest began to worship the creation rather than the Creator and God confounded them to stop them from learning any more about the universe.

Level 6

#71792 Jan 23, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Irony.
You are only saying that based on your frustrations. Try another road, loser.
Sorry, my irony meter went boom listening to you christards

Nope I am only saying that because it’s FACT

Religion is indoctrinated (usually but not always) from birth

Ok honey, what makes you think I am frustrated? Just because I don’t get myself of dreaming of a god does not mean I am frustrated, it means that you life view is severely limited

You cannot deny that a new born does not worship any god and that as the child grows its parents belief (and later other relatives and peers) helps mould that child’s belief system.

You cannot deny that christians worship the first recorded mass murderer and child killer who condoned rape.

Or can you…?

Honey, I am not the one worshipping a genocidal child killer, that would be you… loser

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#71793 Jan 23, 2013
anonymous wrote:
Second, the issue of marriage is not victimless. It places a higher tax burden on those in the minority who do not receive tax breaks.
OK, so lets say the tax treatment for married couples is fixed so that its perfectly fair for married and single people.

What difference does it make if some of the married ones are knob/slot, slot/slot, or knob/knob? How does it affect marriage in general?

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#71794 Jan 23, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>They are alters to the heavens and the priest began to worship the creation rather than the Creator and God confounded them to stop them from learning any more about the universe.
Where do you make this junk up from?

Level 6

#71795 Jan 23, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then you don't know the meaning of hypocrisy.
You must be an hypocrates.
Yes I do - claiming moral standards or beliefs which are contradicted by one's own behaviour

I am not the one claiming righteous indignation because I worship a genocidal mass murdering apologist for rape, that’s you

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#71796 Jan 23, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The explanation is right before you. If a good quality becomes bad when combined with much the same, than it would be of limited value to the genome.
As I already explained, in this case you will have an allele that never dominates the population and also never entirely disappears.

Malarial resistance was just one example. The mutation responsible for Tay-Sachs appears to be another, with single carriers showing high intelligence and double carriers dead before they are 10 because of some sort of overgrowth of the neurons.

Anyway like I said its speculative because no "gay allele" has been found. Just saying - it is possible.

Level 6

#71797 Jan 23, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I comes right out of his head

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#71798 Jan 23, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Homosexuality has no positive impact on any culture.
Perhaps its just coincidence that one of the most gay accepting cultures in the world, the ancient Greek, was also just about the most brilliant and creative culture we have ever seen on earth.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#71799 Jan 23, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true and if you look hard enough you will find the truth.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#71800 Jan 23, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>They are alters to the heavens and the priest began to worship the creation rather than the Creator and God confounded them to stop them from learning any more about the universe.
Put

down

the

crack

pipe.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#71801 Jan 23, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>It is true and if you look hard enough you will find the truth.
No. It is wrong. Period.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#71802 Jan 23, 2013
RappinRollerCoaster wrote:
Creation all the way, and hip hop.
The Pussycat Dolls and the Backstreet Boys were Created.

Real music evolved.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#71803 Jan 23, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So "religiosity" would be a natural construct of the human mind that transcends all ancient and present day cultures...what purpose would it serve in terms of evolution?...surly not one of evolutionary survival.
"religiosity" would seem to me, to be directly related to a higher perception of reality....
No mention of great apes, or monkeys, or any animal for that matter in this article practicing religiosity....why?
It would seem that if we were so closely related as implied by the evolution theory, then religiosity would be readily apparent in the animal kingdom. I cannot even think of one example...can you?
( The praying mantis might be an exception...but I don't think that would that really count?....do you?...lol
I would say reliosity exists because humans are the only creatures on earth with the sentience to realise that their own death is inevitable, and what that means...while still carrying the impulse of millions of years of evolution to fear danger and death.

Creates a bit of a dilemma don't you think? Might be tempting for such a creature to try to rationalise his way out of it. Then add the ingredient of tying the outcome to good or bad behavior, and you have a potent combination. Doesn't make it true though.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#71804 Jan 23, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
*sigh*

The word you're aiming at is "altAr".

And the Pyramids were, in fact, tombs for the Pharaohs.

Look something up, willya?

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#71806 Jan 23, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps its just coincidence that one of the most gay accepting cultures in the world, the ancient Greek, was also just about the most brilliant and creative culture we have ever seen on earth.
A brief burst of intellect in a few individuals followed by many centuries of decadence is not my idea of a brilliant culture. Maybe if their ancient philosophers hadn't indulged in exploiting boys for sex, they wouldn't have fallen,(culturally?), quite so early (and deeply) in the annals of history.

(pun intended)

:)

Most ancient,*advanced* cultures found homosexuality extremely distasteful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 7 min Jennifer Renee 6,687
Why? 7 min Weird 0ne 2 27
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 7 min Fah Q 37,464
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 8 min 5th Row Centre 1,575
Bill Cosby 12 min Parden Pard 146
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 13 min Silly 7,334
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 13 min 5th Row Centre 46,970
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 52 min -Lea- 7,947
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr Help Desk 23,927
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr dandylioness 150,957