Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,364)

Showing posts 67,261 - 67,280 of112,787
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that the question was addressed to someone else, but what would you consider eirrefutable evidenc?
personal experience and observation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Cybele wrote:
Can anyone guess where I came from? lol
Venus?...lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Cybele wrote:
Just kiddin'...your obviously Neptunian.:)
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Cybele wrote:
Not going to speculate, but I think you may be leading people on. Why is it important? Are you rebelling against your own culture?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Cybele wrote:
ok...I give up...where?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly what I'd call irrefutable!

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

I’m accustomed to trying to instruct Creationists on Evolution, but I never thought I’d ever had to instruct a Creationist on Creationism,

The Dude wrote:
If the Ark story is true then "MACRO"-evolution definitely DID happen

Langooliers wrote:
No sorry I have to burst your bubble.

That’s not The Dude’s bubble, that’s a Creationist bubble.
It has just been presented right here on this forum—and by a Creationist, no less.
In 1941, Frank L. Marsh recognized that it would be an impossible task for Noah and his seven trusty crewmen to take all one million species on board and keep them all fed.
So Marsh invented a new model which he called “baraminology.”
This model by-passes all that intellectual tedium about phylums and genuses and species, and instead classifies all animals as “kinds.”
He couldn’t translate the word “kind” into Latin, because the Latin equivalent has already been taken with the word “species.”
So he translated it into Hebrew instead.

Today, Duane Gish embraces that concept, also calling it “basic kind” or “Genesis kind.”

Langoliers wrote:
Macro evolution is one "Kind of animal or plant completely changing to another Kind" there is no proof of this ever happening.

You mean you’re going to make Noah’s family feed all 35 species of dogs, all 850 species of bats, and all 280,000 species of worms? That’s cruel of you!

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Venus?...lol
Did you know the meaning of VE (shrine) and NUS is spelled backwards?

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
I realize that the question was addressed to someone else, but what would you consider irrefutable evidence?

Xxxooxxx wrote:

I don’t know about Drew Smith, but I have heard lots of testimonials from mainline Christians.
But I have also heard testimonials from members of many religious groups which mainline Christians tend to regard as false.
How do I know which ones to listen to and which ones not to listen to?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly what I'd call irrefutable!
well I guess there's no irrefutable evidence that you exist at all, then is it.lol

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Not going to speculate, but I think you may be leading people on. Why is it important? Are you rebelling against your own culture?
In order for me to find the answer to how life started, I must know where I came from (other than from my parents). I'm starting to wonder if there was an external force behind my existence.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
had to look it up...it's been awhile since I read about it...
..."ancient artifacts include the small zinc and silver vessel found in a Massachusetts rock layer supposed to be 600 million years old, and advanced stone tools found in California gold mines. Professor J.D. Whitney, the state geologist of California, published a lengthy review of these implements, including spear points, mortars and pestles, verifying that they were found deep in mine shafts underneath thick, undisturbed layers of lava thought to be from 9 to 55 million years old."
Link please?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know the meaning of VE (shrine) and NUS is spelled backwards?
no I did not...and I thank you for bringing that to my attention.:)

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Let’s apply the xxxooxxx test right here.
Have the Creationists on this forum been more respectful than the Evolutionists?
Have the Creationists argued more intelligently than the Evolutionists?
Have the Creationists been better listeners than the Evolutionists?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>I'm an atheist, but I'm not "screaming" for anything. I'm *asking* for theists to provide some *evidence* that supports their beliefs.

So far, they are coming up empty.
I see, well there is many things that ate evidence to our believe. The Bible contains about 2500 prophesy of which 2000 have been fulfilled. You can google that. Many will claim that those prophesy were written after the fact. That's not true in fact many have been fulfilled in the last hundreds years clearly after the prophesy were written.
The odds that 2000 prophesy coming true all from one book is through the roof, yet these prophesy where all fulfilled to the letter.

Jesus is the most influential person in the history of man. Look at the dating method BC "Before Christ" AD "in the year of our Lord"

"H. G. Wells, British writer, 1866-1946

When asked which person left the most permanent impression on history, he replied that judging a person’s greatness by historical standards:

“By this test, Jesus stands first.”

“I am a historian, I am not a believer, but I must confess as a historian that this penniless preacher from Nazareth is irrevocably the very center of history. Jesus Christ is easily the most dominant figure in all history.”

“Christ is the most unique person of history. No man can write a history of the human race without giving first and foremost place to the penniless teacher of Nazareth.”

Kenneth Scott Latourette, former President of American Historic Society

In A History of Christianity:

“It is evidence of His importance, of the effect that He has had upon history and presumably, of the baffling mystery of His being that no other life ever lived on this planet has evoked so huge a volume of literature among so many people and languages, and that, far from ebbing, the flood continues to mount.”

“As the centuries pass by, the evidence is accumulating that measured by its effect on history, Jesus is the most influential life ever lived on this planet. The influence appears to be mounting.”

“No other life lived on this planet has so widely and deeply affected mankind.”

George Bancroft, great American historian

“I find the name of Jesus Christ written on the top of every page of modern history.”

http://www.why-jesus.com/history.htm

There is also a very good DVD you can watch it's called "The Star of Bethlehem"

This is a good start by far not all encompassing.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
well I guess there's no irrefutable evidence that you exist at all, then is it.lol
Well, I'm fairly sure that science doesn't worry itself with the existential. Evidence that is shareable and reproducible is the standard.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>The definition of micro and macro-evolution from that link is incorrect or misused. lol
Pretty impressive you claiming to know more then the Evolution Team at Berkeley.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
In order for me to find the answer to how life started, I must know where I came from (other than from my parents). I'm starting to wonder if there was an external force behind my existence.
OK, if that isn't anything your parents can take credit for, it does sound like a possible angle for attention. What the cynic and the scientist would both probably ask is "What makes YOU so special?" If we all aren't privy to your perceptions, why so? And what would you have to gain by sharing your patchwork experiences?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
Thomas Robertson wrote:
I realize that the question was addressed to someone else, but what would you consider irrefutable evidence?
Xxxooxxx wrote:
I don’t know about Drew Smith, but I have heard lots of testimonials from mainline Christians.
But I have also heard testimonials from members of many religious groups which mainline Christians tend to regard as false.
How do I know which ones to listen to and which ones not to listen to?
Which ever one stands true in your heart...I would guess.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty impressive you claiming to know more then the Evolution Team at Berkeley.
Pretty unimpressive when people refuse to respond to people who aren't registered on Topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 67,261 - 67,280 of112,787
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

218 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 9 min pizzed 6,785
Marine Biologist: 6th-Grader Stole My Idea 9 min Instigator 1
FREE hot dogs on National Hot Dog Day 11 min nickbo13 3
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 12 min Portland Pizza Roll 14,840
LOVE and OTHER BRUISES (Apr '12) 20 min Ozzie 1,250
what are you eatin'? (Mar '13) 20 min Instigator 2,376
Word goes to the Movies (Nov '08) 23 min Ozzie 13,988
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Ozzie 141,208
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 3 hr Maverick 808 15,586