Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
67,121 - 67,140 of 112,807 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
I really cannot imagine, how anyone can look at the incomprehensible complexity of design, in the structure of the Universe, and not be able to perceive some sort of intelligence behind it
What *exactly* in the structure of the Universe implies "some sort of intelligence behind it"?

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
That which is self evident needs no proof.
Delusions are self evident to the Delusional.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

anonymous wrote:
You don't accept the reality that human beings are intelligent. They can't be predicted like simple physics.
So it's just coincidence that polls taken over a period of time by different organizations show the same results?

It's just coincidence that polls are able to predict who wins in elections?

That humans are intelligent does not allow us to conclude that, when taken as a large group, we can't predict their behavior.

Otherwise, it would be impossible to design highways or buildings, it would be impossible for restaurants to predict how many staff they'll need for different shifts, it would be impossible for stores to predict how many items they need to put on the shelves.

And yet all of these things are done.

Intelligent humans, in the aggregate, are still predictable.
anonymous wrote:
In the long run, you're only going to become part of some cliche tale of the the decadent new Romans.
Ah, the wishful thinking of a homophobe. I do love a good fantasy story. But just like the Jetsons and their flying cars, your view of the future isn't likely to happen, either.
anonymous wrote:
I certainly can't predict the future
And yet you keep doing it. Why is that?
anonymous wrote:
but as a country, we're destined to have a big collapse soon. Unless something turns around the old Northeast aristocratic control of Washington, several obvious economic and political trends will tear your world apart.
Well, since you admit that you can't predict the future, your predictions are valueless, are they not?
anonymous wrote:
the point that I have been trying to suggest without endorsing it, is that good ol' boys will have their day and they won't be happy with you and your methods.
You mean the way that the "good ol' boys" have managed to prevent interracial marriages from taking place?

Oh, wait, they haven't.

I guess those "good ol' boys" won't have their day, after all.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusions are dangerous if one cannot comprehend them with intelligence.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
So Einstein and Edison were Delusional...?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
What *exactly* in the structure of the Universe implies "some sort of intelligence behind it"?
everything including you...well not so much you...but you get my drift...lol

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
I have no idea.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
everything including you...well not so much you...but you get my drift...lol
You're avoiding my question. I'm asking *how* anything in the structure of the Universe implies "some sort of intelligence behind it".

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps. They say there is a thin line between genius and crazy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You're avoiding my question. I'm asking *how* anything in the structure of the Universe implies "some sort of intelligence behind it".
well if you have to ask how...then you will never know...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps. They say there is a thin line between genius and crazy.
(I thought that was love and hate?...lol)

Most people who think outside the box are considered crazy...

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
(I thought that was love and hate?...lol)
Most people who think outside the box are considered crazy...
thinking the cube analogy...Here's an article on Hoyle's intelligent universe

http://home.planet.nl/~gkorthof/pdf/korthof47...
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you think the creatures are given the tools withn their own makeup to change if needed to match the outlined niche?
Look at plants and insects. Some plants evolve chemical defenses to discourage insects and the insects then evolve an immunity to those defenses. It is biological and chemical warfare between species which could not possibly grasp the concept. Yet they still engage in it.

There is an intelligence in nature itself. The evolutionary process is hardly random.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
well if you have to ask how...then you will never know
Translation: You can't explain how one thing implies the other.

Yeah, we got that already.
nott

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Islamic Scientist wrote:
Creation can be proved.. many scientist prove DNA code, relativity theory, big bang, etc.. evolution theory have weakness in many side :)
Proved? Do us a favor......strap explosives to your chest and go kill more innocent people.......Proved? Scientist proved they believ their own BS!!!!! The Big Bang is a joke....its right up there with the Bible!
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans have massive population numbers, and it turns out we are undergoing rapid evolution in our 1) immune systems and 2) brains.
Smaller populations = increased genetic drift and susceptibility to selection pressure.
To suggest that there is evolution within the human species is not pc. One must cling to the notion that we are all pretty much equal in our abilities. To do otherwise would be to engage in eugenics much like the nazis did.

With billions of humans evolution has hit a dead end. We evolve through non evolutionary means. It is our technology which evolves... not our genes.

Small isolated communities evolve in order to survive. Humanity survives by using the grey matter we were all born with. Not much different than the grey matter our ancestors were born with when they first left Africa. We are post evolutionary. Unless a comet or something were to wipe about 99.9% of us out anyway.
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:

<quoted text>
Translation: You can't explain how one thing implies the other.

Yeah, we got that already.
If there is no intelligence in the structure of the universe how can scientists use physics to explain it? There is not chaos up there. We do live in an ordered universe.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
I know this world is ruled by infinite intelligence. Everything that surrounds us- everything that exists - proves that there are infinite laws behind it. There can be no denying this fact. It is mathematical in its precision.
Thomas A. Edison
The idea of Edison "infinite intelligence" seems to be reflected in...
Psalm 147:5 -“Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit.”
No so fast there dude:

My mind is incapable of conceiving such a thing as a soul. I may be in error, and man may have a soul; but I simply do not believe it.[Thomas Edison, Do We Live Again?]

All Bibles are man-made.[Thomas Edison]

So far as religion of the day is concerned, it is a damned fake... Religion is all bunk.[Thomas Edison]

I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the religious theories of heaven and hell, of future life for individuals, or of a personal God.[Thomas Alva Edison, Columbian Magazine]

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Islamic Scientist wrote:
darwin (darwinism) was absolutely wrong perception to understand reality in correct way..i mean it
We have more proof of evolution aka 'Darwinism' then you do for Allah (pbuh)
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at plants and insects. Some plants evolve chemical defenses to discourage insects and the insects then evolve an immunity to those defenses. It is biological and chemical warfare between species which could not possibly grasp the concept. Yet they still engage in it.
There is an intelligence in nature itself. The evolutionary process is hardly random.
A species will adapt to be fruitful and multiply after its own kind and the Creator gave this to every kind that is working to support the chain of life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

226 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min Mister_ E 141,260
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 11 min razz58 14,871
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 12 min curiouslu 76,866
30,000 post wins (May '13) 12 min Truths 714
Celiac Disease 15 min Nurse 3
Word Association (Mar '10) 23 min Jennifer Renee 15,682
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 25 min Spirit67_ 17,278
Woman: Backyard near turnpike is not a rest stop 29 min Sally Brown 2
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 2 hr Phaerae 13,018