Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
67,081 - 67,100 of 112,840 Comments Last updated 31 min ago
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
When we're discussing animals, it's better not to use "homosexuality" or "bisexuality" and just talk about sexual behavior. I prefer the terms "same sex sexual behavior" or "opposite sex sexual behavior" though primatologists use the technical jargon of isosexual and contrasexual.

Homosexuality, heteroseuxality and bisexuality are sexual identities of Western culture. Not really applicable to animals - and not always to non-Westerners who do not identify with the Western cultural constructions of identity and sexuality.
Non heterosexuals only exist in a western cultural perspective? Hmmmm. If you say so.

Must be why our birth rates are so much lower.
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>If we define the word in general terms maybe it means a representation or reflection since God is a spirit, but he has hands that were seen by men and though they were cloudlike he created and directed with them, as far as I know.
Why not just say the soul is the part that was created in this alleged God's image?
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The God of the Bible is THE one who brought ALL things into existence in THE beginning. He could see the end from the beginning when it all started. We may not have the reasoning capacity to understand this.
Who brought him into existence? Who was God's creator? Did he poof himself into being too? Something had to come before...

You can not make a God out of nothing.
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh...is the above a joke?
Pretty much everything I post is sarcastic in tone... but no.

Laws against homosexuality are not really aimed at them. Their real intent is to discourage the far larger latent bisexual community from exploring their true sexual identities.

The government has little interest in what gay people do.
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The God of the Bible is THE one who brought ALL things into existence in THE beginning. He could see the end from the beginning when it all started. We may not have the reasoning capacity to understand this.
As dumb as that theory is any chimp would have more than enough reasoning capacity to see the holes in it. The Bible was written down by semi-literate wandering nomads in the Middle Eastern desert over many centuries.

To imagine it even has a coherent message to it is...
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Massive genetic diversity is produced when a population is growing at a rapid rate.

You are more specifically describing the strengthened effects of genetic drift and natural selection on small populations - but genetic diversity itself grows fastest in populations that are under high growth. Genetic diversity is lost most quickly in small populations, though you can have high rates of evolution in these populations because genetic drift becomes stronger and, under severe environmental conditions, natural selection is likewise severe.
My point was that genetic diversity leads to stagnation. A species will never evolve and improve upon itself unless it is through isolated small populations. That is how evolution works and how new species come into being.

After one of those mass extinction events there is always a scramble where the surviving species compete to fill all the new ecological niches. Evolution is intelligent design. Nothing random about it. It is all about nature modifying creatures to match the environmental conditions.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was that genetic diversity leads to stagnation. A species will never evolve and improve upon itself unless it is through isolated small populations. That is how evolution works and how new species come into being.
After one of those mass extinction events there is always a scramble where the surviving species compete to fill all the new ecological niches. Evolution is intelligent design. Nothing random about it. It is all about nature modifying creatures to match the environmental conditions.
Don't you think the creatures are given the tools withn their own makeup to change if needed to match the outlined niche?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Who brought him into existence? Who was God's creator? Did he poof himself into being too? Something had to come before...
I think the Genesis of the Bible was the beginnng of all things.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I could have said it that way but it wouldn't generate sympathy! We all were kids once. I can respect the job of raising them. Throw in the tax and insurance breaks and I'm ready to toss out the fifth commandment.
Frankly i.m.o. the fifth one means to recall were you came from, tribal affiliation, even if by adoption.
'Do unto others as they do unto you'...in mind.
So if parents are a royal pain there is no need to be all respectfull.
Especially given such practices of kids heaving to work of the debts their parents incurred.
According to Roman law this was however only allowed thrice.

Reminds me of the Finnish system where trafic fines can be passed on to the next generation. To be paid when they reach official adulthood. Leaving some kids with staggering debts when they should frankly start building their own future.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I think the Genesis of the Bible was the beginnng of all things.
According to the hebrew oral law, one year went before, as well as several qualities and f.i. the sun and the moon.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

neutral observer wrote:

Free Servant wrote:
I think the Genesis of the Bible was the beginnng of all things.

You mean the Genesis of the Bible was the beginning of God?
That's what neutral observer is asking about.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
Don't you think the creatures are given the tools withn their own makeup to change if needed to match the outlined niche?
That's one of Jonathan Sarfati's greatest hits.
He allows for change in a species or variety if the "information" is there.
He gives the example of a potential Great Dane, German shepherd, or chihuahua being programmed into the first wolf that God created.

For the life of me, I can't find a definition of "information" anywhere in his writings.
If we look into the biochemistry of a lifeform living today, where can we find the information on what it can change into and what it cannot?

“You have blue shoes”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
I don't have the documentation with me, but I read somewhere that animal subjects do all sorts of unpleasant things in overpopulation experiments.
They fight, they murder, they molest juveniles, and guess what--they practice homosexuality!
I tried Googling "animal homosexuality overpopulation."
I got lots of Websites listed, but I couldn't get into any of them.
(China's Internet service is as crummy as all get out.)
If someone else could perform such a search and tell me what you get, I would appreciate it--whether I'm wrong or right.
aka "the lemming effect" (which was a Disney hoax, where they chased lemmings off a cliff and filmed it as if they were suiciding b/c of high population numbers).

High population no's in confined areas leads to stress and violence. It also allows you to observe unusual behavior, since there are more animals to view.

“You have blue shoes”

Level 5

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>SCP theory is a good replacement.
What's SCP theory?

“Al Qur'an is Revolution ”

Since: Oct 12

Islam is Future

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Creation can be proved.. many scientist prove DNA code, relativity theory, big bang, etc.. evolution theory have weakness in many side :)

“You have blue shoes”

Level 5

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
Darwin was wrong when he concluded that the forces of change acting on any population of organisms were only competition, desease, climate, etc, and that they resulted in the survival of those more fitted to the environment. A species is engaged and made use of in a paricular activity that is a suitable place or position for the kind to function to do work within a given ecological system. Each kind or species has instructional constituents within their makeup to allow for change if needs be to function. The instructions are provided as templates or patterns which produce copies through cycling. SCPID/SEED/WORK theory is a group of general propositions used as principles of explanation for diversity of life known today as well as functioning of all natural systems eveywhere throughout our known uinverse.
Sorry, but you don't make a good critique here.

Try explaining what a species is and you'll see where your argument fails.

“You have blue shoes”

Level 5

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You're missing the point though. Law is largely about enforcement. If you're just a sailor without legal means, the norm is about what you can get away with. Taking chances is the norm.
So...your argument is that homosexual rape is bad? Sure, I agree. So is heterosexual rape.

Islam is Future

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

man n universe cannot exist without beginning..
God as The Creator has no beginning and end..
we cannot makes an image like a human or all things.. not the same

“You have blue shoes”

Level 5

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Non heterosexuals only exist in a western cultural perspective? Hmmmm. If you say so.
Must be why our birth rates are so much lower.
That's not how I phrased it. I wrote that the construction of sexuality in Western culture is through sexual identities - mainly hetero and homo, but also bisexuality is tossed in on occasion.

From a Western cultural point of view, everyone from other cultures where sexuality was different would be non-heterosexual.

Islam is Future

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

God is different from all things we can imagine..
God can see us but we never see God.. we only can see all things, but we can think from all creature that proved there is A Creator :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

86 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 10 min whatimeisit 14,968
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 10 min curiouslu 53,959
Boy, 9, marries 62-year-old mother of five for ... 1 hr Alan Partridge 23
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr TALLYHO 8541 34,947
How did you get over a broken heart? (Oct '09) 3 hr wichita-rick 264
Don't bet with " Wabbit" (Feb '12) 3 hr Wabbit 87
~Things YOU Love Game~ (Oct '12) 3 hr Enzo49 3,797
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr wichita-rick 141,322
Car Dealer Gives Woman Refund - in Pennies 4 hr Marcavage s Emission 7