Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#71350 Jan 19, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You're missing the point though. Law is largely about enforcement. If you're just a sailor without legal means, the norm is about what you can get away with. Taking chances is the norm.
So...your argument is that homosexual rape is bad? Sure, I agree. So is heterosexual rape.

“Al Qur'an is Revolution ”

Since: Oct 12

Islam is Future

#71351 Jan 19, 2013
man n universe cannot exist without beginning..
God as The Creator has no beginning and end..
we cannot makes an image like a human or all things.. not the same

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

justify your deity?

#71352 Jan 19, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Non heterosexuals only exist in a western cultural perspective? Hmmmm. If you say so.
Must be why our birth rates are so much lower.
That's not how I phrased it. I wrote that the construction of sexuality in Western culture is through sexual identities - mainly hetero and homo, but also bisexuality is tossed in on occasion.

From a Western cultural point of view, everyone from other cultures where sexuality was different would be non-heterosexual.

Islam is Future

#71353 Jan 19, 2013
God is different from all things we can imagine..
God can see us but we never see God.. we only can see all things, but we can think from all creature that proved there is A Creator :)

Islam is Future

#71354 Jan 19, 2013
darwin (darwinism) was absolutely wrong perception to understand reality in correct way..i mean it

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

justify your deity?

#71355 Jan 19, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much everything I post is sarcastic in tone... but no.
Laws against homosexuality are not really aimed at them. Their real intent is to discourage the far larger latent bisexual community from exploring their true sexual identities.
The government has little interest in what gay people do.
It may not have interest now, but it sure did 50-80 years ago.

And...why would the gov't care about bisexuals?

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#71356 Jan 19, 2013
anonymous wrote:
Red hair is going to be red, no matter how you behave. That's no analogy.
And gay people are going to be attracted to members of the same sex, no matter how they behave. The analogy stands.
anonymous wrote:
Do you want to complain about the creation of the word "deviant" as a hate crime?
No, I want to point out that your use of the word "deviant" to describe gays is one more point of evidence toward your being a homophobe.
anonymous wrote:
I'm surprised to think that Maryland has that high a population but it doesn't change much.
It makes you wrong.
anonymous wrote:
3 out of 50 states and, let's face it, the population centers are New York and California.
And same-sex couples can have their marriages legally recognized in New York. According to polls conducted in New York, 63% of those polled want that to be the law.

Polls in California show more people favoring the legal recognition of same-sex marriage than opposing it.
anonymous wrote:
No matter how you add the numbers, they don't represent a revolution.
The numbers represent a trend that continues to favor those who support the legal recognition of same-sex marriage.
anonymous wrote:
as far as unconventional methods of gratification are concerned, you can't win that one.
So you know as little about sex as you do about geography?

Tampa, FL

#71357 Jan 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
It's based on the idea that sexuality is homo/hetero, which is a Western cultural construction and not a human universal.
Are you claiming that sexual attraction is not biological but merely cultural?

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

justify your deity?

#71358 Jan 19, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was that genetic diversity leads to stagnation. A species will never evolve and improve upon itself unless it is through isolated small populations. That is how evolution works and how new species come into being.
After one of those mass extinction events there is always a scramble where the surviving species compete to fill all the new ecological niches. Evolution is intelligent design. Nothing random about it. It is all about nature modifying creatures to match the environmental conditions.
I'm sorry, you are mistaken. Genetic diversity does not lead to stagnation, it leads to evolution.

Evolution = gene frequency change in gene pools.

Increased genetic diversity = gene frequency change in gene pools.

Yes, it's true that smaller populations are more likely to experience stronger selective forces. But that is not true all the time. The human species has populations of it that are not biologically isolated who are undergoing intense selection pressure (the poor, those with allergies to industrial pollution, those living in areas of poor nutrition, poor calories and high disease).

Humans have massive population numbers, and it turns out we are undergoing rapid evolution in our 1) immune systems and 2) brains.

Smaller populations = increased genetic drift and susceptibility to selection pressure.

Larger populations = increased gene flow, wider diversity of environmental pressures.

Growing populations = increased and increasing genetic variety, wider diversity of environmental pressures

So, yes, a large population is not going to have an adaptive radiation unless it gets separated into isolated populations. However, a large population is going to be experiencing high mutation rates, new genetic variety, and will evolve via gradualism rather than speciation - and this can happy quickly.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71359 Jan 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So...your argument is that homosexual rape is bad? Sure, I agree. So is heterosexual rape.
I'm certainly not saying it's good. It's just yet another thing that the aristocracy cannot be bothered with. Sort of like compulsory health insurance instead of nationalized healthcare.

....But I'm sure most doctors don't want to be government employees on a salary so any number of absurdities become scientific "fact". Not much point in taking this where it needs to go.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#71360 Jan 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
What's SCP theory?
SYSTEMS, CYCLES, PATTERNS theory is systems thinking on a whole nuther level.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71361 Jan 20, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
And gay people are going to be attracted to members of the same sex, no matter how they behave. The analogy stands.
<quoted text>
No, I want to point out that your use of the word "deviant" to describe gays is one more point of evidence toward your being a homophobe.
<quoted text>
It makes you wrong.
<quoted text>
And same-sex couples can have their marriages legally recognized in New York. According to polls conducted in New York, 63% of those polled want that to be the law.
Polls in California show more people favoring the legal recognition of same-sex marriage than opposing it.
<quoted text>
The numbers represent a trend that continues to favor those who support the legal recognition of same-sex marriage.
<quoted text>
So you know as little about sex as you do about geography?
And every election season those statistics don't hold up. There's no point in going there. It's just going to lead to silly conspiracy theories. From where I stand, statistics don't mean much. You're moving from zero acceptance to minor acceptance in old-school liberal territory. The numbers look like momentum because there's almost only one direction that they can go.

You're just a small player in an upcoming conflict. Most likely, one of the human sandbag variety. You clearly don't see how this works. You don't bring anything to the table but a number, and you've bought into the idea that numbers is all that it takes. Reality is going to hit you hard.

See the way industry has been moving out of those Northeastern industrial towns? Do you see the small size of those states who still hang on to liberal causes? Overcrowded and lacking resources, yet the one resource that does exist, cheap labor, is being undercut by China. Meanwhile the rest of the country resents the obvious looting of government money to keep the artificial economies of your states alive.

This is a class war in the making, and your agenda does nothing but further clarify the borders. My prediction is that New York will eventually go your way, California wont, even though California is a haven for gay communities. It's all about money. California can pull out of their financial problems. New York can't. They are the urban culture of the Northeast, largely fueled by crime and corruption.

All you are is a gatekeeper who keeps out the riff-raff who would dare to ask why crime bosses and Kennedys are attending the same parties.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#71363 Jan 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you don't make a good critique here.
Try explaining what a species is and you'll see where your argument fails.
A species is a division of individuals grouped by virtue of their common capabilities to be fruitful and multiply within a given work area or ecosystem niche.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#71364 Jan 20, 2013
Islamic Scientist wrote:
man n universe cannot exist without beginning..
God as The Creator has no beginning and end..
we cannot makes an image like a human or all things.. not the same
I can't say that I have seen scriptures to prove the Creator did not have a beginning, could you point something out to me?

Tampa, FL

#71365 Jan 20, 2013
anonymous wrote:
And every election season those statistics don't hold up.
It held up in Maine, Maryland, and Washington.

I guess you missed that.
anonymous wrote:
From where I stand, statistics don't mean much.
Yeah, we should just throw out voting, since that's just "statistics" for determining who Americans want for their leaders. We should throw out weather forecasting, since that's just models based upon statistics. Let's throw out actuarial tables, medical treatments, gas mileage predictions, heck, pretty much any technological advance that depends upon data, because it's all just "statistics".
anonymous wrote:
You're moving from zero acceptance to minor acceptance in old-school liberal territory.
No, we've moved to majority acceptance. You really need to keep up.
anonymous wrote:
The numbers look like momentum because there's almost only one direction that they can go.
The numbers who favor same-sex marriage, which is over 50%, could go down. They aren't.
anonymous wrote:
You're just a small player in an upcoming conflict. Most likely, one of the human sandbag variety. You clearly don't see how this works. You don't bring anything to the table but a number, and you've bought into the idea that numbers is all that it takes. Reality is going to hit you hard.
You just watch your backs, warned the homophobe?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#71366 Jan 20, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I can't say that I have seen scriptures to prove the Creator did not have a beginning, could you point something out to me?
Isaiah 40:28 -“Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth, He will not grow tired or weary and his understanding no one can fathom.”

The idea that you have of God coming into existence at the time of creation, is actually a Buddhist concept of "mutual arising"...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prat%C4%ABtyasam...

Location hidden

#71367 Jan 20, 2013
I know this world is ruled by infinite intelligence. Everything that surrounds us- everything that exists - proves that there are infinite laws behind it. There can be no denying this fact. It is mathematical in its precision.

Thomas A. Edison

The idea of Edison "infinite intelligence" seems to be reflected in...
Psalm 147:5 -“Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit.”

Tampa, FL

#71368 Jan 20, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
I know this world is ruled by infinite intelligence. Everything that surrounds us- everything that exists - proves that there are infinite laws behind it. There can be no denying this fact. It is mathematical in its precision.
Thomas A. Edison
How does one get from "infinite laws" (which are *descriptive*, not prescriptive), to "infinite intelligence")?

Location hidden

#71370 Jan 20, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
How does one get from "infinite laws" (which are *descriptive*, not prescriptive), to "infinite intelligence")?
I notice that to...would seemingly be a paradox...sort to speak.

I think the implication here is, infinite laws from an infinite intelligence...

Location hidden

#71371 Jan 20, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice that to...would seemingly be a paradox...sort to speak.
I think the implication here is, infinite laws from an infinite intelligence...
I really cannot imagine, how anyone can look at the incomprehensible complexity of design, in the structure of the Universe, and not be able to perceive some sort of intelligence behind it...albeit forever beyond the limited capacities of the human intellect...

and this is the concept of God, that that people like Edison and Einstein have... a incomprehensible underlying intelligence, that is plainly self evident in the structure of the Universe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I love you because.............. (Mar '09) 3 min Belle Tired 4,450
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min CJ Rocker 146,891
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 10 min Doug77 77,380
Big dawg 13 min COOTERDOG 541
10-Year-Old Goldfish Undergoes Brain Surgery 14 min SirPrize 4
LIE 2 ME please (Oct '11) 20 min dragoon70056 2,765
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 25 min Christ Allah Mighty 5,539
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr -Lea- 20,032
Navy 4 on trial for bizarre sexual assault 2 hr The Paisan 4
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 36,425