Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,350)

Showing posts 66,981 - 67,000 of111,548
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm...species don't set out trying to improve their genetic diversity. That sort of just happens through mutation and population increase.
Everything else you wrote is spot on though.
:)
I didn't mean that they do it on purpose or with intelligent intent. I just failed to combine a better descriptive of the cause and effect.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
But...but...if homosexuality is natural then suddenly gay marriage is ok and then the whole world will stop buying gasoline and the sun will nova!
No! We cannot allow the end of all humanity!
You forgot about the Moon crashing into the Earth! The horror! The horror!

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
interesting to say the least...I would say that maybe the book choose you by way of synchronicity...and there was a important message for you contained somewhere within the book...you should know it when you find it...I found it's best not to really try to search for it, but try just reading like you normally would, and if indeed there is,it will present itself...that's been my experience anyway.
No I don't try to search for it, it just comes. I love meaningful coincidences, it makes life really interesting ;-)

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't correct me at all. You blustered.
My observation remains. Was your ambiguous choice of words an effort to engage in harassment? I don't need an answer. Ask yourself the question, because you claim you don't have a stake in this while I do.
Nope, you said something idiotic, I corrected you, you ducked, and then complained when I pointed out that you ducked. All of the moves of a typical loser when it comes to a debate.

My choice of words was not ambiguous, there was no effort at harassment until you asked to be harassed.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
False. I corrected your ridiculous statements and fabrications. Then I pointed you to people who, if you read them, would enlighten you about the strange things you claim. They're scientists.
You have only succeeded in writing a lot of projection above. You haven't produced a single cogent argument based on any science whatsoever. You are, however, quite good at making garbage up.
The wiki has one on bias.
Once you are in the system and diagnosed for one thing, it's likely you could be diagnosed for more things. Before you know it you are labeled allavro, which could , given the narrow definitions easily lead to a psychiatric stigma.
Parents in particular would not want this.
So we get some new 'disease'.(Always good for the pharmaceutical industry to try some processed salt on. Since that comes in countless varieties for $65 per metric ton. If it does nothing -good- one can still use it as placebo in psychiatry!)
So whe looking how many people have this affliction we meet medical bias allavro, preselection.
But if we looked at the overall population we would see that a lot of behaviours are widespread and nothing special, at least those never got medicalised.

So anonymous stated that he intended to point out that those people want to get rid of the behaviour.
And with psychologized he might maybe have meant the bias as it works in reality, as mentioned above.
With the remark that they are not cured, nor is any intention made to do so.

But on the whole the communication went awry.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Epileptics, Tourette's patients and others aren't considered mentally handicapped in that way either. I never claimed that gays were mentally handicapped in a cognitive way. They have a medical symptom which may be the result of biology or environment. Some may have genetic reasons for the symptom, but not all. A lot of effort was made to find the "gay" gene. Nothing was found.
Freud's abstractions are awful. Even modern psychology is pathetic. Here's a good government source quote.
"The accuracy of psychiatric diagnosis was the highest for cognitive disorders 60%, followed by depression 50% and anxiety disorders 46%, whereas the accuracy of diagnosing psychosis was 0%."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3 ...
Well, who's to say who is political and who isn't? The question is, if homosexuality is a medical problem, then is it sensible to address it constitutionally? Race? Sex? Part of the human condition and consistent with evolution. Religion? Sexual preference? Not so absolute.
We protect the medically afflicted. We don't nurture their conditions.
---
Well that is the same as implying that homosexuality is a medical condition and there fore they must be cured.
Well it is not.
But if i put the accent on nurtured, then i face the wall of your quotes of proper -biassed?-diagnoses. Were apparently a lot of people ended up in the system without having the infliction or a different one and thus not cured, so frankly nurtured!
Further complicated by taking the discussion to CDO.'They are properly diagnosed but labeled and want to be cured but not cured.'
Well and then you loose me also, literaly, since form that point on i can not untie the gordian knot.
---
Followed by if not medicalised, why is a civil union not good enough?

Well simply because it does only stand as long as you stay under the same condition in the same state. Especially when children are involved.
Mariage is solid, federally covered.
(I looked into it)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot about the Moon crashing into the Earth! The horror! The horror!
What about the CHIRRUN?!?!
Doesn't anyone care about the CHIRRUN??!!

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>What about the CHIRRUN?!?!
Doesn't anyone care about the CHIRRUN??!!
Oh, than we'll ChiRun all the way to Chirundu.
If that's safe enough?

I know that a comet will pass round about the first of july.
Is it conneted?

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, than we'll ChiRun all the way to Chirundu.
If that's safe enough?
I know that a comet will pass round about the first of july.
Is it conneted?
Hehehe.

Doubt it.

That's Comet ISON (yes, caps - it's an acronym).
It might be daylight visible in November-ish - but we've heard that before.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

HoHoHO
We could end up caring for the CHIRRUN.

For all i know it might be some sort of really sticky earwax.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
Amusingly, it's invariably the fundies who drag homosexuality into unrelated threads.
I thought this thread was about evolution vs. creationism,
didn't you, macumazahn?

“Somewhere in time...”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't try to search for it, it just comes. I love meaningful coincidences, it makes life really interesting ;-)
I'm going to have to do a little research on the subject...I'm really glad you brought this to my attention.:)...this stuff is fascinating.

"Even at Jung's presentation of his work on synchronicity in 1951 at an Eranos lecture, his ideas on synchronicity were still evolving. Following discussions with both Albert Einstein and Wolfgang Pauli, Jung believed that there were parallels between synchronicity and aspects of relativity theory and quantum mechanics.[9] Jung was transfixed by the idea that life was not a series of random events..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to have to do a little research on the subject...I'm really glad you brought this to my attention.:)...this stuff is fascinating.
"Even at Jung's presentation of his work on synchronicity in 1951 at an Eranos lecture, his ideas on synchronicity were still evolving. Following discussions with both Albert Einstein and Wolfgang Pauli, Jung believed that there were parallels between synchronicity and aspects of relativity theory and quantum mechanics.[9] Jung was transfixed by the idea that life was not a series of random events..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity
I definitely agree to what you posted. It has something to do with relativity theory of consciousness. I have yet to find out about quantum mechanics.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Following along in our recent derail, it is not only homosexual males that participate in certain sex acts, sometimes good Christian virgins do to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I definitely agree to what you posted. It has something to do with relativity theory of consciousness. I have yet to find out about quantum mechanics.
What the heck is "relativity theory of consciousness"?

Sounds distinctly New Agey...as in pseudoscientific.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
What the heck is "relativity theory of consciousness"?
Sounds distinctly New Agey...as in pseudoscientific.
mind trip lol

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Cybele wrote:
I thought you were a lucid dreamer at times.
A friend of mine got up two hours earlier drank a tot of gin and smoked half a joint to go back to bed to do some lucid dreaming.
I had you coined for one that however liked the coincidence of reality best. That means being firmly aware in the present.
Otherwise you'ld miss out.

You could also listen to Muse madness

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you were a lucid dreamer at times.
A friend of mine got up two hours earlier drank a tot of gin and smoked half a joint to go back to bed to do some lucid dreaming.
I had you coined for one that however liked the coincidence of reality best. That means being firmly aware in the present.
Otherwise you'ld miss out.
You could also listen to Muse madness
I've experienced lucid dreaming but not a lot. Sometimes it's more interesting when you just let it take control of your senses. I think anyone can experience meaningful coincidences. You just have to be consistently aware.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought this thread was about evolution vs. creationism,
didn't you, macumazahn?
Ab origine, of course.
It's been interfered with a bit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 66,981 - 67,000 of111,548
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

94 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min Mister_ E 140,285
Things you don't know about me..._____________ (May '08) 19 min Hank Williams 4,863
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 28 min Bezeer 76,573
Chain Link Game! (Apr '12) 30 min Bezeer 6,159
Word Association (Jun '10) 30 min Bezeer 25,765
Word Association. (Nov '10) 32 min Bezeer 16,514
Add a word and drop a word 32 min Bezeer 893
How to become Unbannable 1 hr Toasted Poster 56
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 hr SimplyLoveYou 14,104
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••