Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#71043 Jan 15, 2013
The story of the hill of Golgotha has been told for many hundreds of years. A man by the name of Simon did carry a cross upon the bloody place known as the hill of the skull, for the saviour of all mankind.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71044 Jan 15, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The story of the hill of Golgotha has been told for many hundreds of years. A man by the name of Simon did carry a cross upon the bloody place known as the hill of the skull, for the saviour of all mankind.
There was a tree frog named Edward. He ate flies and one day died. This was clearly a message of beauty and hope.

“The..”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#71045 Jan 15, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a tree frog named Edward. He ate flies and one day died. This was clearly a message of beauty and hope.
Lmao...nah...can't type...pml..

“This is the other side”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#71046 Jan 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
"The most beautiful and most profound experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the sower of all true science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their primitive forms - this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness."
( Albert Einstein - The Merging of Spirit and Science)
I must say, that is one of the most profoundest things I have ever read.

“The..”

Level 6

#71047 Jan 15, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>I must say, that is one of the most profoundest things I have ever read.
He was an intelligent guy :)

“This is the other side”

Location hidden

#71049 Jan 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
He was an intelligent guy :)
...and so much more. Alot of people cite him as an atheist...but it's clearly not the case...

"That deep emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God."

-Albert Einstein

"I know this world is ruled by infinite intelligence. Everything that surrounds us- everything that exists - proves that there are infinite laws behind it. There can be no denying this fact. It is mathematical in its precision."

-Thomas A. Edison

apparently great minds really do think alike.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#71050 Jan 15, 2013
anonymous wrote:
No, you are deciding what is relevant and throwing out the rest. That's rude.
When a person refers to a gay person as a "deviant", he's hardly in a position to claim that others are "rude".
anonymous wrote:
Reality alert. Polls don't matter. The vote matters.
Reality alert. Several states voted in the last election to give legal recognition to same-sex marriage.

Reality alert. Courts matter, too. Several state courts have thrown out laws against legal recognition of same-sex marriage.

Reality alert. The U.S. Supreme Court matters a great deal. Ask any interracial couple who wanted their marriages recognized in all 50 states in 1967.
anonymous wrote:
You have an illness. That's my opinion.
An opinion backed by no evidence. And therefore, worthless.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#71051 Jan 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...I like chocolate in my coffee too! Heya kitten ;D
Chocolate with coffee is how we roll! lol

Hi, I hope your life is treating you well right now.

“The..”

Level 6

#71052 Jan 15, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>...and so much more. Alot of people cite him as an atheist...but it's clearly not the case...

"That deep emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God."

-Albert Einstein

"I know this world is ruled by infinite intelligence. Everything that surrounds us- everything that exists - proves that there are infinite laws behind it. There can be no denying this fact. It is mathematical in its precision."

-Thomas A. Edison

apparently great minds really do think alike.
They sure do, only small minds, for lack of a better term, exclude the possibility of unproven mysteries.
<3

“The..”

Level 6

#71053 Jan 15, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>When a person refers to a gay person as a "deviant", he's hardly in a position to claim that others are "rude".

anonymous wrote, "Reality alert. Polls don't matter. The vote matters."

Reality alert. Several states voted in the last election to give legal recognition to same-sex marriage.

Reality alert. Courts matter, too. Several state courts have thrown out laws against legal recognition of same-sex marriage.

Reality alert. The U.S. Supreme Court matters a great deal. Ask any interracial couple who wanted their marriages recognized in all 50 states in 1967.

anonymous wrote, "You have an illness. That's my opinion."

Lmao. Well said :)

“The..”

Level 6

#71054 Jan 15, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Chocolate with coffee is how we roll! lol

Hi, I hope your life is treating you well right now.
Yeah, not too bad, still can't sleep and just dared to challenge BJJ on Science... How's things in your world?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#71055 Jan 15, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...well that will work too...lol
You wouldn't believe what just happened today. Do you believe in thought transference?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#71056 Jan 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, not too bad, still can't sleep and just dared to challenge BJJ on Science... How's things in your world?
Life is decent. I have a pretty big project I'm working on so I don't get much time free these days except to surf the net. Health is sub-par, but meh.
Robert

Winchester, KY

#71057 Jan 15, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't believe what just happened today. Do you believe in thought transference?
absolutely beyond a doubt...please tell.( I had an experience once that was utterly amazing!)
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71058 Jan 15, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
When a person refers to a gay person as a "deviant", he's hardly in a position to claim that others are "rude".
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Hmmm... 2 percent of the population or so, a general contradiction of biology, let alone the improvised mechanics of gratification and you don't think deviant applies?

Oh, well. The proof is in peoples willingness to try it. Go ahead and get some testimonials from the citizens of Maine and Maryland.

Oh, yes! That "several" was actually TWO states, right? Just about the two smallest in the country? I've already observed, the demographics tell the real story. I'm a bit surprised that Maryland voted for it. It's a large minority state and they don't tend to like anyone co-opting Affirmative Action for their lifestyle choices....and yes, everyone knows it's about Affirmative Action and special hate-crime legal protection.

I've already observed that demographics matter. Do you suppose that the whole country is going to fall like dominoes now that Colorado and Washington have legalized marijuana? Funny how that same rhetoric is just "an opinion backed by no evidence" when it's not part of your AGENDA. Opinion? Common Sense? People don't vote based on scientific evidence. Your vigilante judges do more to keep Republicans in charge than anything else in government.

You're boring me with your pep rally. Parse it some more! DOMINATE!! You MUST be the DOMINANT monkey or you won't be a WINNER!! Drive on!!

I want a replacement for the Democratic party. I'm counting on people like you to make the Dems downfall written in stone. You WILL USE it! You WILL obey your MASTER!

Level 5

above and beyond

#71059 Jan 15, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
absolutely beyond a doubt...please tell.( I had an experience once that was utterly amazing!)
only if you tell first. lol

“This is the other side”

Location hidden

#71060 Jan 15, 2013
Somebody please tell something..I can't stand the suspense!...lol
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71061 Jan 15, 2013
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Level 5

above and beyond

#71062 Jan 15, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
Somebody please tell something..I can't stand the suspense!...lol
Have ever felt like someone's getting into your head and you think it's your own thoughts but it's not?

“This is the other side”

Location hidden

#71063 Jan 15, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do. Most of people just brush such things off as imagination or coincidence....I think in reality they don't want to acknowledge that such things are real.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ohio Sam sucks Co ck 4 min Sam 3
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min Wolftracks 148,961
Truck containing 36,000 pounds of Crisco stolen 11 min Are you sure 34
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 25 min Mitt s Santorum S... 21
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 25 min a_visitor 22,218
Word Association (Mar '10) 30 min White Fire 16,109
News System Rigged 37 min Enter Username 3
True or False Game 2 hr Vector aka Victor... 377
Family shocked after texting dead grandmother, ... 3 hr Protoham 9
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 5 hr Juju Beans 6,829

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE