Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
66,741 - 66,760 of 115,319 Comments Last updated 33 min ago

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#71021 Jan 14, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
interesting topic...(levels of consciousness)
have you ever experienced the state of nonverbal consciousness?
what is that? heterostasis?
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#71022 Jan 14, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
We have over 7 billion people on earth right now. The largest population the planet has ever seen, and the population is growing exponentially.

According to Fundies (such as yourself),'sexual perversion' is rampant, and "it will pose a negative effects on human population growth".

Do you see ANY logical disconnect here?
Let us be honest. Modernity leads to a liberal outlook and to population decline. From Europe to North America to Japan...

It is only in more traditional societies that population growth is out of control. If not for immigration the USA would gradually depopulate. Nothing wrong with a steady flow of Latin Americans keeping us from oblivion. Only bigots bemoan this fact of life.
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#71023 Jan 14, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Non-verbal consciousness? Thinking in pictures? Pretty much everyone does this from the time they were babies.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#71024 Jan 14, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
(heterostasis?...what?...lol)

Its state of pure awareness, without the chitter chatter of words.

(for lack of a better definition)

Location hidden

#71025 Jan 14, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Non-verbal consciousness? Thinking in pictures? Pretty much everyone does this from the time they were babies.
actually, I have gave the idea of thinking in images a great deal of thought....but that's not really what I was implying here.

Location hidden

#71026 Jan 14, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, I have gave the idea of thinking in images a great deal of thought....but that's not really what I was implying here.
(very interesting subject though...how would someone think, if they were never exposed to a language?)

Level 5

above and beyond

#71027 Jan 14, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
(heterostasis?...what?...lol)
Its state of pure awareness, without the chitter chatter of words.
(for lack of a better definition)
Sounds like a meditative state. When I meditate I see images and experience some sort of sensation. I don't do that very often though. Most of the time, words are involved whether I'm listening, responding, reflecting, reading and writing.

Location hidden

#71028 Jan 14, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a meditative state. When I meditate I see images and experience some sort of sensation. I don't do that very often though. Most of the time, words are involved whether I'm listening, responding, reflecting, reading and writing.
it more of a state where you are mainly focused on consciousness itself, instead of images and so forth...not that anything is to be suppressed...but quite the contrary, it more of a process of mental free flow...

Location hidden

#71029 Jan 14, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...if you want to try something really cool...when you first go to bed and close your eyes, try relaxing your eyes completely without any focused attention, but pay particular attention to the back of your eye lids for about ten minutes or so...

Level 5

above and beyond

#71030 Jan 14, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...if you want to try something really cool...when you first go to bed and close your eyes, try relaxing your eyes completely without any focused attention, but pay particular attention to the back of your eye lids for about ten minutes or so...
And what happens? When I go to bed I am in a deep thoughts with someone. LOL.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71031 Jan 14, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it "out of context"? I included all of the relevant portions of your posting.
To have a conversation, one side makes a point, then the other responds, then the other makes a point. When you make more than one point in a single posting, I separate out each point and respond to each one.
<quoted text>
No, I use the word "we" because (1) I'm not the only person who supports the legal recognition of same-sex marriage, and (2), in the United States, the majority of adults support the legal recognition of same-sex marriage.
<quoted text>
"Doorstep" polls? You really need to learn how polls are conducted. And Congress and the state legislatures have long lagged behind the majority position. Heck, Alabama didn't get rid of its constitutional amendment against *interracial* marriage until the year 2000.
<quoted text>
Which doesn't prevent the USSC from deciding the Constitutionality of a Federal or state law regarding marriage.
<quoted text>
Which government? Obama's administration? Nope. Obama endorses the repeal of DOMA.
<quoted text>
I don't have an "illness". The medical jury is still out about your exhibited homophobia.
No, you are deciding what is relevant and throwing out the rest. That's rude.

Reality alert. Polls don't matter. The vote matters. The Obama administration is not the government. They are the upper level of the Executive branch only. Ever notice how often the public offsets one party in Congress with the other party in the White House? The public understands what kind of pathological criminals the parties are. They're just too fat-a## lazy to fix things.

The Supreme Court can do many things. Congress can do many things if the Supreme Court exceeds their authority. What you fail to accept is that the Congress and the Supreme Court are both dominated by conservatives, but you're going to go on with your personality cult proclamations anyway. You WILL do it! You will OBEY YOUR MASTER!

You have an illness. That's my opinion. The "medical jury" is a nonsensical concept. That's your pathology. Drive on!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71032 Jan 14, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course that is government's job.
Look at how many nations the USA is bullying around the world. We are in a perpetual state of war as de facto world policemen. Almost always preying on small weak nations with no hope of defending themselves against "the evil empire". We seem to have no problem reigning death down upon them from up above.
From discouraging bigotry to discouraging gun violence to discouraging meth labs to discouraging hard working immigrants from keeping their jobs we act just as much the bully at home. Things like homosexuality and pedophilia also need to be ruthlessly discouraged.
See? You've just invoked the Big Sin! You've implied a link between pedophilia and homosexuality. The men in the black suits will pick you up shortly.

Laws must be enforced, but we have laws against the abuse of criminals too. Those laws have been neglected. Cruel and unusual punishment is becoming the norm. It isn't stopping crime and it's further breaking down the collective moral compass of the country.

No need to preach to me. We need to solve our own problems and stop pretending that we can solve everyone else's. But then again, we WILL just go back to the voting booth, if for some ungodly reason we ever break away from our first person shooter games, and vote for a the local Democrook or Republicon as a duty-minded citizen should.

It really isn't easy to keep myself from just getting in people's faces and saying "Stupid!!!!" over and over again. One just has to accept that doing so is just as stupid, and hope that rational dialog may someday produce results. It begins with information. These fine White citizens of the fatherland keep secrets like a deer caught in the headlights. The rest, well, they're off their nuts!

Not much else to do but put deer food in the road!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71033 Jan 14, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
You only think that you can see me but I'm actually on the planet Trafalgamore where everything always is and always will be.
Tralfamadore!....bloody tourists!
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

#71034 Jan 14, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And you just proved your ignorance. Anyone who says the phrase "just a theory" or its equivalent, does not know what a scientific theory is.
By the way what evidence do you have that space is infinite? That is not a mistake that scientists will make. Without evidence they will not claim that space is infinite or bounded. In fact that is one question that they are still studying.
SZ what would or does Jesus think of that colorful language? Now, bow thy head and pray for forgiveness.......if you believe in that stuff.

Location hidden

#71035 Jan 14, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
And what happens? When I go to bed I am in a deep thoughts with someone. LOL.
Oh...well that will work too...lol

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#71038 Jan 14, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I only like chocolate in my coffee. But meh, whatever you enjoy doing you can participate in, even when you worship something that doesn't even exist.
But you are correct, every human body is about 20% hollow, oddly enough. Most of your internal chest/abdomen cavaity is air.
Lol...I like chocolate in my coffee too! Heya kitten ;D

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#71039 Jan 14, 2013
"The most beautiful and most profound experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the sower of all true science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their primitive forms - this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness."
( Albert Einstein - The Merging of Spirit and Science)

“There is no such thing”

Level 3

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#71040 Jan 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything's possible ;)
I think that you mean that nothing is impossible.(and there is no such thing as infinity)
ROCK

New Orleans, LA

#71041 Jan 15, 2013
Bible Belt wrote:
<quoted text>The stone in my profile picture is a real Kentucky agate. I post using the name FREE SERVANT at times.
Does anyone see a white face surrounded by red below the man carrying the long object? I think it is a skull.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#71042 Jan 15, 2013
ROCK wrote:
<quoted text>Does anyone see a white face surrounded by red below the man carrying the long object? I think it is a skull.
When we find something true, we can find comfort in knowing that 100 years and more from now it will still be beautiful.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 17 min Tom2Tone 145,428
--7 YEAR TRIBULATION READY to START (*News) TIC... 19 min YTubeNEws 1
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 27 min Truths 29,158
30,000 post wins (May '13) 28 min Truths 1,347
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 33 min Truths 6,880
Women Hid Stolen Watches in Their Vaginas in Bi... 36 min SLY WEST 22
Words that end with the same sound, but not the... 37 min Hannah V 9
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr -Lea- 18,692
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 36,044
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr SLY WEST 838