Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
66,741 - 66,760 of 114,516 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

God is a delusion. We have been passing on this God gene for many many generations. And what did we accomplish? All kinds of mental illness, wars, bigotry and hatred. If we didnít learn to reason, we will never find a cure for anything.

Religion can give you comfort but it wonít give you the ability to walk on water or raise someone from the dead.

Why the need for learning outdated wisdom when we can make progress with what we have now? Why the need to pray when we can make things happen? Why speak the language of the bible when what we need is learn foreign languages so we can understand other cultures, comprehend the language of different academic disciplines, and listen to the voice of others? Why the need to go to heaven when we can make this planet a better place?

It all comes down to what we make of ourselves with the strength of our minds. What you are is what you think. Now use your head!
Force Majeure

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

You only think that you can see me but I'm actually on the planet Trafalgamore where everything always is and always will be.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

JohnInLa wrote:
<quoted text>Attention PussyKoder...Easter is coming up and I suspect you'll be on your knees in WalMart worshipping chocolate bunnies...They are for the most part hollow, just like you.
Actually, I only like chocolate in my coffee. But meh, whatever you enjoy doing you can participate in, even when you worship something that doesn't even exist.

But you are correct, every human body is about 20% hollow, oddly enough. Most of your internal chest/abdomen cavaity is air.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
An advice, the use of capital letters or upper casing is not too ideal, moron.
Sexual perversion whether in marriages or not, are wrong and should be discouraged.
People who can't seem to handle the rudiments of grammar of subject-verb agreement in English are not in a position to criticize the capitalization of others.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Just so you should know, I believe you. But not in the direction that you think.
Cybele wrote:
You believe it?
That you exhibit being at a different level of consciousness? Yes. But not "different" in the direction you think.
Cybele wrote:
So you want to join the rest of them?
The rest of whom?

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
From your premise, i will simply call that an habit.
It's not a "habit". Even virgins know whether they are straight or gay.
Charles Idemi wrote:
How can a normal guy go after another guy of the same sex.
When he's a normal gay guy, it happens all the time.
Charles Idemi wrote:
If that habits continues, it might have a negative effects on human population growth.
Even gay people produce children. I guess you didn't realize that.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

anonymous wrote:
Let me know when you can have a conversation. I'm not interested in your out of context sound bites.
How is it "out of context"? I included all of the relevant portions of your posting.

To have a conversation, one side makes a point, then the other responds, then the other makes a point. When you make more than one point in a single posting, I separate out each point and respond to each one.
anonymous wrote:
You use the word "we" as if you own it.
No, I use the word "we" because (1) I'm not the only person who supports the legal recognition of same-sex marriage, and (2), in the United States, the majority of adults support the legal recognition of same-sex marriage.
anonymous wrote:
Congress would be enacting laws if there was a majority at work, but they know that the majority votes at the voting booth, not in doorstep polls steered towards confirmation bias.
"Doorstep" polls? You really need to learn how polls are conducted. And Congress and the state legislatures have long lagged behind the majority position. Heck, Alabama didn't get rid of its constitutional amendment against *interracial* marriage until the year 2000.
anonymous wrote:
Now, you CAN argue about the Constitutionality but there isn't a word in the Constitution about marriage or sexual preference.
Which doesn't prevent the USSC from deciding the Constitutionality of a Federal or state law regarding marriage.
anonymous wrote:
Here's what Wikipedia has to say about the government position:
"Under the law, no U.S. state or political subdivision is required to recognize a same-sex marriage from another state. Section 3 of DOMA..."
Which government? Obama's administration? Nope. Obama endorses the repeal of DOMA.
anonymous wrote:
...to be allowing your particular illness to be a part of.
I don't have an "illness". The medical jury is still out about your exhibited homophobia.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you should know, I have a different level of consciousness. I don't feel the need to share that with you because it would be a waste of time. You wouldn't believe any of it. poof!
interesting topic...(levels of consciousness)

have you ever experienced the state of nonverbal consciousness?

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
I am currently debating at a Christian Forum too, it goes by the name of "Christian Forums". You are supposed to be very polite and not offend anyone there. I don't think I will last too long, the moderators don't seem to apply the rules equally to atheists and Christians.
My experience exactly.
I got kicked off of a forum entitled Evolution Fairy Tale,
and they never explained why.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

SO with AZ this TALK about GAY this and that..ARE you saying THAT perhaps, GAYS "evolved" from Eve's temptation to BITE that Apple on a DARE..to see WHETHER or NOT she DESIRED Adam or NOT? Were GAYS created to see WHETHER or NOT they could play well with others and vice versa? Exactly, how close are we..to REALIZING THAT it is the SPIRIT WHO is IN LOVE with another Spirit..AND if it is the same sex so be in. Thr HYPE on GAY Marriage is a Faust.. People marry for LOVE NOT SEX..LOVE RULES!! So, WHY do the lawmakers have ANY say so in GAYS wanting to marry?? THEY and the Church NEED to BUTT OUT..and Let GAYS marry..for better or for worse..
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the governments job.

Last I saw, you're the only one claiming to be from Nigeria on this site. Where do you get off advising members of democracies to engage in government sanctioned bullying?
Of course that is government's job.

Look at how many nations the USA is bullying around the world. We are in a perpetual state of war as de facto world policemen. Almost always preying on small weak nations with no hope of defending themselves against "the evil empire". We seem to have no problem reigning death down upon them from up above.

From discouraging bigotry to discouraging gun violence to discouraging meth labs to discouraging hard working immigrants from keeping their jobs we act just as much the bully at home. Things like homosexuality and pedophilia also need to be ruthlessly discouraged.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
interesting topic...(levels of consciousness)
have you ever experienced the state of nonverbal consciousness?
what is that? heterostasis?
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
We have over 7 billion people on earth right now. The largest population the planet has ever seen, and the population is growing exponentially.

According to Fundies (such as yourself),'sexual perversion' is rampant, and "it will pose a negative effects on human population growth".

Do you see ANY logical disconnect here?
Let us be honest. Modernity leads to a liberal outlook and to population decline. From Europe to North America to Japan...

It is only in more traditional societies that population growth is out of control. If not for immigration the USA would gradually depopulate. Nothing wrong with a steady flow of Latin Americans keeping us from oblivion. Only bigots bemoan this fact of life.
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Non-verbal consciousness? Thinking in pictures? Pretty much everyone does this from the time they were babies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
(heterostasis?...what?...lol)

Its state of pure awareness, without the chitter chatter of words.

(for lack of a better definition)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Non-verbal consciousness? Thinking in pictures? Pretty much everyone does this from the time they were babies.
actually, I have gave the idea of thinking in images a great deal of thought....but that's not really what I was implying here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, I have gave the idea of thinking in images a great deal of thought....but that's not really what I was implying here.
(very interesting subject though...how would someone think, if they were never exposed to a language?)

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
(heterostasis?...what?...lol)
Its state of pure awareness, without the chitter chatter of words.
(for lack of a better definition)
Sounds like a meditative state. When I meditate I see images and experience some sort of sensation. I don't do that very often though. Most of the time, words are involved whether I'm listening, responding, reflecting, reading and writing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a meditative state. When I meditate I see images and experience some sort of sensation. I don't do that very often though. Most of the time, words are involved whether I'm listening, responding, reflecting, reading and writing.
it more of a state where you are mainly focused on consciousness itself, instead of images and so forth...not that anything is to be suppressed...but quite the contrary, it more of a process of mental free flow...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...if you want to try something really cool...when you first go to bed and close your eyes, try relaxing your eyes completely without any focused attention, but pay particular attention to the back of your eye lids for about ten minutes or so...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••