Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#71035 Jan 14, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
And what happens? When I go to bed I am in a deep thoughts with someone. LOL.
Oh...well that will work too...lol

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#71038 Jan 14, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I only like chocolate in my coffee. But meh, whatever you enjoy doing you can participate in, even when you worship something that doesn't even exist.
But you are correct, every human body is about 20% hollow, oddly enough. Most of your internal chest/abdomen cavaity is air.
Lol...I like chocolate in my coffee too! Heya kitten ;D

Level 6

Location hidden

#71039 Jan 14, 2013
"The most beautiful and most profound experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the sower of all true science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their primitive forms - this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness."
( Albert Einstein - The Merging of Spirit and Science)

“There is no such thing”

Level 3

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#71040 Jan 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything's possible ;)
I think that you mean that nothing is impossible.(and there is no such thing as infinity)
ROCK

New Orleans, LA

#71041 Jan 15, 2013
Bible Belt wrote:
<quoted text>The stone in my profile picture is a real Kentucky agate. I post using the name FREE SERVANT at times.
Does anyone see a white face surrounded by red below the man carrying the long object? I think it is a skull.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#71042 Jan 15, 2013
ROCK wrote:
<quoted text>Does anyone see a white face surrounded by red below the man carrying the long object? I think it is a skull.
When we find something true, we can find comfort in knowing that 100 years and more from now it will still be beautiful.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#71043 Jan 15, 2013
The story of the hill of Golgotha has been told for many hundreds of years. A man by the name of Simon did carry a cross upon the bloody place known as the hill of the skull, for the saviour of all mankind.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71044 Jan 15, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The story of the hill of Golgotha has been told for many hundreds of years. A man by the name of Simon did carry a cross upon the bloody place known as the hill of the skull, for the saviour of all mankind.
There was a tree frog named Edward. He ate flies and one day died. This was clearly a message of beauty and hope.

Level 6

Location hidden

#71045 Jan 15, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a tree frog named Edward. He ate flies and one day died. This was clearly a message of beauty and hope.
Lmao...nah...can't type...pml..

Location hidden

#71046 Jan 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
"The most beautiful and most profound experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the sower of all true science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their primitive forms - this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness."
( Albert Einstein - The Merging of Spirit and Science)
I must say, that is one of the most profoundest things I have ever read.

Level 6

Location hidden

#71047 Jan 15, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>I must say, that is one of the most profoundest things I have ever read.
He was an intelligent guy :)

Location hidden

#71049 Jan 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
He was an intelligent guy :)
...and so much more. Alot of people cite him as an atheist...but it's clearly not the case...

"That deep emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God."

-Albert Einstein

"I know this world is ruled by infinite intelligence. Everything that surrounds us- everything that exists - proves that there are infinite laws behind it. There can be no denying this fact. It is mathematical in its precision."

-Thomas A. Edison

apparently great minds really do think alike.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#71050 Jan 15, 2013
anonymous wrote:
No, you are deciding what is relevant and throwing out the rest. That's rude.
When a person refers to a gay person as a "deviant", he's hardly in a position to claim that others are "rude".
anonymous wrote:
Reality alert. Polls don't matter. The vote matters.
Reality alert. Several states voted in the last election to give legal recognition to same-sex marriage.

Reality alert. Courts matter, too. Several state courts have thrown out laws against legal recognition of same-sex marriage.

Reality alert. The U.S. Supreme Court matters a great deal. Ask any interracial couple who wanted their marriages recognized in all 50 states in 1967.
anonymous wrote:
You have an illness. That's my opinion.
An opinion backed by no evidence. And therefore, worthless.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#71051 Jan 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...I like chocolate in my coffee too! Heya kitten ;D
Chocolate with coffee is how we roll! lol

Hi, I hope your life is treating you well right now.

Level 6

Location hidden

#71052 Jan 15, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>...and so much more. Alot of people cite him as an atheist...but it's clearly not the case...

"That deep emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God."

-Albert Einstein

"I know this world is ruled by infinite intelligence. Everything that surrounds us- everything that exists - proves that there are infinite laws behind it. There can be no denying this fact. It is mathematical in its precision."

-Thomas A. Edison

apparently great minds really do think alike.
They sure do, only small minds, for lack of a better term, exclude the possibility of unproven mysteries.
<3

Level 6

Location hidden

#71053 Jan 15, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>When a person refers to a gay person as a "deviant", he's hardly in a position to claim that others are "rude".

anonymous wrote, "Reality alert. Polls don't matter. The vote matters."

Reality alert. Several states voted in the last election to give legal recognition to same-sex marriage.

Reality alert. Courts matter, too. Several state courts have thrown out laws against legal recognition of same-sex marriage.

Reality alert. The U.S. Supreme Court matters a great deal. Ask any interracial couple who wanted their marriages recognized in all 50 states in 1967.

anonymous wrote, "You have an illness. That's my opinion."

An opinion backed by no evidence. And therefore, worthless.
Lmao. Well said :)

Level 6

Location hidden

#71054 Jan 15, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Chocolate with coffee is how we roll! lol

Hi, I hope your life is treating you well right now.
Yeah, not too bad, still can't sleep and just dared to challenge BJJ on Science... How's things in your world?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#71055 Jan 15, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...well that will work too...lol
You wouldn't believe what just happened today. Do you believe in thought transference?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#71056 Jan 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, not too bad, still can't sleep and just dared to challenge BJJ on Science... How's things in your world?
Life is decent. I have a pretty big project I'm working on so I don't get much time free these days except to surf the net. Health is sub-par, but meh.
Robert

Winchester, KY

#71057 Jan 15, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't believe what just happened today. Do you believe in thought transference?
absolutely beyond a doubt...please tell.( I had an experience once that was utterly amazing!)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 1 min DILF 1,587
last word - first (Jun '12) 2 min DILF 7,714
Word Association (Mar '10) 3 min DILF 17,095
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 4 min DILF 41,527
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 5 min DILF 78,984
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 6 min DILF 7,912
Add 2 Letters to Complete a Word 7 min DILF 554
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 13 min eleanorigby 40,282
News Baltimore Mom Catches Her Son Rioting, Beats Hi... 41 min Cold Tard Facts 188
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr took you long enough 29,006
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Lumatrix 161,826
News Naked Couple Busted For Sex In Library Loo 4 hr Al Shrapnel 24
More from around the web