Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 173880 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#70980 Jan 13, 2013
b.utt h.ole obama's connection to holmes, loughner and lanza...

It is indeed a sickening sight to see b. h. obama speak following a mass shooting. As if he is qualified to be the one in charge of condolences and advising people on “what to do.”
I find it very difficult to go along with b. h. obama who is a man who allowed himself to associate and to be mentored for years by the communist-terrorist bill ayers. The facts show there is not a dime’s worth of difference between obama’s mentor bill ayers and loughner, lanza and holmes. In fact they are connected in several ways…
It was discovered that loughner attended a school where ayers had created, in collaboration with longtime communist mike kolinsky, the so-called "Small Schools Movement."
It is also coincidental how holmes wired his entire apartment with bombs that would explode on police investigators; ayers is suspected of being behind a bomb that killed a police officer and maimed another and was connected to a bomb that killed his girlfriend and two comrades. That bomb was intended for US Soldiers stationed at Fort Dix NJ. It is also coincidental how ayers advocated killing parents and that adam lanza did exactly that when he shot his mother in the face 4 times while she slept.
Common sense should dictate that anyone who allowed himself to be mentored for years by bill ayers and who launched their political career from the home of bill ayers just like b. h. obama did should be the last one to be speaking on the behalf of anyone who lost their life to deranged individuals.

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individual...

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfi...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1222128560757...

“I can never convince the ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

stupid that they are stupid.

#70981 Jan 13, 2013
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>oh sorry to burst your bubble
You aren't saying that there isn't a Santa are you. My folks explained that to me. It is just the kids on the naughty list being bad because all they are going to get is a lump of coal for Christmas.

You almost had me there for a minute.

“I can never convince the ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

stupid that they are stupid.

#70982 Jan 13, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Shh, you will set him off again.
Chuckles will go on for days on end about how the English language belongs to the English. And no, Chuckles is not a native English speaker.
By the jujits, I think Chuckie took offense at your post. High score for the evening again.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#70983 Jan 14, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>By the jujits, I think Chuckie took offense at your post. High score for the evening again.
I am currently debating at a Christian Forum too, it goes by the name of "Christian Forums". You are supposed to be very polite and not offend anyone there. I don't think I will last too long, the moderators don't seem to apply the rules equally to atheists and Christians.

At any rate I have to get my insults in somewhere.

You don't know how good it feels to tell someone what an a-hole that they are when you have been restricted from doing so.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#70984 Jan 14, 2013
"Evolution vs. Creation"?

Isn't it possible that the Allmighty "created" a really, really, really big Bang?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#70985 Jan 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The crazy stuff you said about biology - I laughed and laughed :)
You think thats funny? You should have the Dude tell the one about Noah's spaceship.......
Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#70986 Jan 14, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
Isn't it possible that the Allmighty "created" a really, really, really big Bang?
Anything's possible ;)

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#70987 Jan 14, 2013
Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Science thinks the Big Bang created everything.....that's absurd! In human terms it makes sense. In the scope of understanding infinite space...its a theory, nothing more.
Your basic premise is wrong – science says no such thing. Science says that either there was nothing before the “big bang” or there was something before the “big bang”.

However what the majority of scientific opinion is agreed on is that no god did it

Level 6

#70988 Jan 14, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that Satan is a mythical creature and Lilith is too right?
And the gods (all gods) are too

Level 6

#70989 Jan 14, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
Doubtful

There are several reasons not to believe this idea

1 Lack of any evidence for an “almighty”

2 What his he use? Godbots always use the argument you can’t get something from nothing yet always fail to consider whether there was nothing for a god to work with.

3 Where did he stand when he though “I know what I’ll do to pass some time. I’ll create a great universe billions of light years across and then in around a 14 billion years or so I’ll stick humans on one tiny, insignificant ball of rock in one small galaxy out of the billions of galaxies I make just so they can worship me”.

And there are a considerable number of reasons to believe the alternative starting with #1 above

Level 6

#70990 Jan 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>That again is not a justification of homosexuality( lity).
Sexual perversion is an habit that needs to be discouraged.
Nope you and the other ignorant godbots of this world are a habit that need to be discouraged

There is no justification for religion either except for personal choice but that never stopped you – right?

Tell me, does homosexuality effect you in any way? Do you see homosexuals telling the world that you are wrong? Now can you say the same for godbots like you?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#70991 Jan 14, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
We already have one. It's called "marriage". We just have to get the USSC to overturn the laws in those states where they still discriminate on the basis of sex.
<quoted text>
We do if we want to treat people fairly.
<quoted text>
It does if it doesn't want to be seen as endorsing discrimination on the basis of sex.
<quoted text>
The issue isn't "sexual preference" (by that, I assume you mean sexual orientation). The issue is discrimination on the basis of sex. Even without an amendment, the USSC can rule that such discrimination violates due process, as well as the good faith and credit clause.
<quoted text>
Let us know when Fido is capable of giving informed consent to a marriage contract.
<quoted text>
The majority of Americans already support the legal recognition of same-sex marriage.
But I guess that is upsetting to homophobes.
Parse! Ni! Ni!

Let me know when you can have a conversation. I'm not interested in your out of context sound bites.

It's quite simple. You use the word "we" as if you own it. You don't. Congress would be enacting laws if there was a majority at work, but they know that the majority votes at the voting booth, not in doorstep polls steered towards confirmation bias.

The Supreme Court does not shanghai the law based on obscure fuzzy-wuzzy wording in the Constitution about how states should behave. Last I knew, Congress voted for the "Defense of Marriage Act" not Gay marriage.
Now, you CAN argue about the Constitutionality but there isn't a word in the Constitution about marriage or sexual preference. The only REAL argument is that its a bad law in that it is about exclusion, a bad start to any democratic legal principle.

Here's what Wikipedia has to say about the government position:

"Under the law, no U.S. state or political subdivision is required to recognize a same-sex marriage from another state. Section 3 of DOMA codifies the non-recognition of same-sex marriages for all federal purposes, including insurance benefits for government employees, Social Security survivors' benefits, immigration, and the filing of joint tax returns."

See? Do you see it? It's about money! Money! Money! Money! Nobody gives a toot about your morality except the looney Christians. I've pointed pointed this out and you just go on ignoring it.

The public is tired of having our government turned dysfunctional by parties who rely on zealot harassment from fringe groups like yours. You can parse out your little sound bites, but everyone knows the one simple truth. You're a socially disruptive group who spent the latter half of the 20th century marketing your value but it was all on the backs of real artists, hard working people who do their best to get along and police who are doing their best to do what's right for everyone.

It's all about you. It always will be. I'll take my chances on civil disobedience without your help. You and yours won't have anything other than your agenda, and I think consensus is too delicate a thing to be allowing your particular illness to be a part of.

Now, go parse out your sound bites again! but I'm not going to just fade away while you tell your big lie. I don't ask anyone else to help. I am happy to demonstrate a simple point.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#70992 Jan 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I am not afraid of anything. Sexual perversion is an habit and if that habits is tolerated, it will pose a negative effects on human population growth.
We have over 7 billion people on earth right now. The largest population the planet has ever seen, and the population is growing exponentially.

According to Fundies (such as yourself),'sexual perversion' is rampant, and "it will pose a negative effects on human population growth".

Do you see ANY logical disconnect here?

Level 6

#70993 Jan 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I am not afraid of anything. Sexual perversion is an habit and if that habits is tolerated, it will pose a negative effects on human population growth.
Religion is a habit that for the most part is indoctrinated from birth and such indoctrination is revelled in by those doing the indoctrination of children. It has for thousands of years posed a negative effect on humanity. Christianity for example requires the worship of the first recorded mass murderer who killed children for spite and condoned rape.

And you have the gall to proclaim homosexuality a perversion against humanity.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#70994 Jan 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything's possible ;)
That's what I was thinking.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#70995 Jan 14, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubtful
There are several reasons not to believe this idea
1 Lack of any evidence for an “almighty”
2 What his he use? Godbots always use the argument you can’t get something from nothing yet always fail to consider whether there was nothing for a god to work with.
3 Where did he stand when he though “I know what I’ll do to pass some time. I’ll create a great universe billions of light years across and then in around a 14 billion years or so I’ll stick humans on one tiny, insignificant ball of rock in one small galaxy out of the billions of galaxies I make just so they can worship me”.
And there are a considerable number of reasons to believe the alternative starting with #1 above
1). YOUR POINT HOLDS NO WATER. There is absolutely no evidence that you, I, or anyone else exist, other than in our minds. Close your eyes, go to sleep and where are you? In a dream. Perhaps even while awake we're in a dream. Nothing else. In other words there is no evidence (in either direction) of anything pertaining to the meaning of life.

2). GOOD POINT. However, it neither supports nor denies the existance of a Creator. Just because we can see no logical reason for His existance doesn't mean He dosn't. Your point leaves us with a stale mate.

3). EVEN MORE CRIPTIC. I can only say that your comment ...

God: "I’ll create a great universe ...... stick humans on one tiny, insignificant ball of rock ..... just so they can worship me”.

Your assumption is that because the major "establised" religions proclaim that we should "worship Him" then it must be the sum of metaphisical belief on earth. Personally, I don't think one can make that assumption. Who's to say that God (if there is one) expects us to worship Him when all we've got is nothing to go by. No, no, no - don't even bring the Bible into it. There are no clues in that book other than what a hoard of superstitious men wrote in order to have something to believe in.

I know you said "Doubtful" but you have cast no more doubt against the possibility of an Allmighty creating the Big Bang than you have against Adam & Eve and the whole 7 day Creation thing. "Doubtful" is the wrong choice of word.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#70996 Jan 14, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
We have over 7 billion people on earth right now. The largest population the planet has ever seen, and the population is growing exponentially.
According to Fundies (such as yourself),'sexual perversion' is rampant, and "it will pose a negative effects on human population growth".
Do you see ANY logical disconnect here?
No, he doesn't. But why aren't you stating the obvious? Even with his hypothetical Nigerian perspective,(or more likely because of it!) what he's really interested in is a larger White population.

It concerns me, but then again, so do Whites who might subconsciously wish that the other races would just go away as they keep their silence.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#70998 Jan 14, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is a habit that for the most part is indoctrinated from birth and such indoctrination is revelled in by those doing the indoctrination of children. It has for thousands of years posed a negative effect on humanity. Christianity for example requires the worship of the first recorded mass murderer who killed children for spite and condoned rape.
And you have the gall to proclaim homosexuality a perversion against humanity.
Most perversions are the product cultural bias. Are you preparing to introduce some as absolute?

Charles is stunted on so many levels, it degrades the conversation to address them on a one-by-one basis.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#70999 Jan 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>That again is not a justification of homosexuality( lity).
Sexual perversion is an habit that needs to be discouraged.
Not the governments job.

Last I saw, you're the only one claiming to be from Nigeria on this site. Where do you get off advising members of democracies to engage in government sanctioned bullying?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#71000 Jan 14, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
A few pages ago, there was discussion on alleged racism on the part of Evolutionists.
Wanna hear some racist Creationist theories?
According to Elijah Muhammed, founder of the Black Muslims, the White race was created by a mad scientist living on an island off the coast of Africa. His intent was to persecute God's chosen people.
According to the Black Hebrews, another Black racist group, the White people are descended from Eve and the serpent.
The original version of The Book of Mormon promised that when Native Americans embraced Mormonism, God would turn their skins "white and delightsome."
According to the Mormons, God lives on another planet named Kolob, with thousands of wives. All the other inhabitants of the planet are his progeny. We are reincarnations of those inhabitants. We chose to come here. We made this choice because we realized that it would be in the interests of our spiritual development to live in a place where we cannot see God. Therefore, we have to accept the existence of God on faith.
God places us according to our behavior on Kolob. The most privileged are placed in Mormon families. The next best are born White.
After Cain killed Abel, God punished Cain by turning his skin black. All of the black people are descended from Cain. Ham went on the Ark with his wife, who was descended from Cain. Her name was Egyptus, and the nation of Egypt is named after her.
Until 1978, black members of the church were forbidden to serve as priests. A Federal court ordered the church to grant priesthood to blacks or lose their tax-exempt status. The church chose the former alternative, so everything I just told you has been swept under the rug.
Brigham Young, the second leader of the church, prophesied that if the church ever granted priesthood to blacks, God would rain fire down on the church. That prophesy has been swept under the rug too.
Yeah, but there are the Adolf Hitler types too. Eternal vigilance and all that stuff, you know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The last word in the sentence must rhyme with t... 1 min DILF 28
The Yes/No Game (May '11) 3 min DILF 7,986
Just start naming actors and actresses (Sep '11) 4 min DILF 3,090
Poll Why's Slacky, Paul Jensen so fat? 5 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 4
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 6 min DILF 13,362
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 6 min TALLYHO 8541 43,804
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 6 min Satan 29,740
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 50 min illi bishop 169,512
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 1 hr DILF 2,511
More from around the web