Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
66,581 - 66,600 of 112,945 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
Then what is the essence of men, women and children?
Being human.
Charles Idemi wrote:
If men are going after men likewise women, how can there be continuity of human race?
Because humanity is a *mixture* of straights and gays. Not every individual needs to procreate in order for the species to continue.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Cybele wrote:
Until people are in my shoes, they won't understand my perspective. It's not about what feels good to me, it's what I can make sense out of what's right before me.
How do you *reliably* distinguish between what's "right before you" and a vivid imagination?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Until people are in my shoes, they won't understand my perspective. It's not about what feels good to me, it's what I can make sense out of what's right before me.
The dreams thing? I have dreams all the time. They aren't mine. They're the #$%$^ that people feed me as if I wasn't looking their way. I don't think you'll ever be able to distinguish between the lies that people try to bait you with from their own subconscious fantasies and denial. None the less, you're no more likely to profit from your dreams than you are to win the lottery.

Just my cynical observation.

I've more or less stated this before. If you really were paying attention, you'd be dissecting people's words down to their minimalist values, pronouns, verbs and other "suggestive" things that snake oil types want you to believe in.

The real epiphany here is to accept how completely some people are social predators, and how many of them there are, and how many of them are in the places of power. They'll give you comfort when you're down just to steal your wallet. They pathologically don't have normal moral values, so don't just go wandering down dark allies looking for "truth".
sickofit

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Hmmm!
But come to think of it, how can people of the same sex be marriage partners?
That is ridiculous, how can they procreate or reproduce?
HAVEING KIDS IS NOT WHAT MARRIAGE IS ABOUT MORON....Being married is about two people becomeing partners..

NOW TAKE YOUR STONE AGE NAZI CULT AND STAY OUT OF OTHER PEOPLES BUSINESS...OK HITLER????????

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
All you can do is try to communicate your perspective using the means available. I think you are trying to take us someplace, I am not always sure if you are finding the best words to convey us on that journey. These forums aren't always the best medium to do that either. It would be a distinct waste of time for anyone to try and dissect every word posted here for some hidden meaning, just as it is often difficult to find the right words to post.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>The dreams thing? I have dreams all the time. They aren't mine. They're the #$%$^ that people feed me as if I wasn't looking their way. I don't think you'll ever be able to distinguish between the lies that people try to bait you with from their own subconscious fantasies and denial. None the less, you're no more likely to profit from your dreams than you are to win the lottery.
Just my cynical observation.
I've more or less stated this before. If you really were paying attention, you'd be dissecting people's words down to their minimalist values, pronouns, verbs and other "suggestive" things that snake oil types want you to believe in.
The real epiphany here is to accept how completely some people are social predators, and how many of them there are, and how many of them are in the places of power. They'll give you comfort when you're down just to steal your wallet. They pathologically don't have normal moral values, so don't just go wandering down dark allies looking for "truth".
Now you mention social predators who hold power in this society. Let's see how they are using their tools for their own benefit instead of mankind. Does that empower you? Are you demonizing them because their motives didn't serve your best interest? Perhaps that is your excuse for you to express your own prejudices. You ostracize people that you don't see fit in your imagined utopia. Who is dreaming now? I am not dreaming all the time, mind you. Most of the time I am just AWARE.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you *reliably* distinguish between what's "right before you" and a vivid imagination?
I know when to trust my senses
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing wrong with someone believing God created it. What should concern Science is HOW God did it.
Why should that concern them? Since there is no more evidence for a "God" than there is of the Cosmic Sheep of dimension Zog. Since the hurdles for scientifically demonstrating both are EXACTLY the same, shouldn't science merely be concerned with how it all came about?

Best only to deal with more specifics only when evidence of those specifics come to light. Hypothesizing is good, but only if it be potentially scientific.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>All you can do is try to communicate your perspective using the means available. I think you are trying to take us someplace, I am not always sure if you are finding the best words to convey us on that journey. These forums aren't always the best medium to do that either. It would be a distinct waste of time for anyone to try and dissect every word posted here for some hidden meaning, just as it is often difficult to find the right words to post.
No I'm just going through the motions and going with the punches. The ebb and flow of life that is. And then I learned to roll with the punch and just go with the flow!

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Cybele wrote:
I know when to trust my senses
And you know this how?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Cybele wrote:
what makes no sense is how we existed without an external agent.
To YOU. Your personal incredulity is irrelevant.
Cybele wrote:
Just because you have no proof of God, doesn't mean there is none.
Correct. But your incredulity does not mean there must be one either.
Cybele wrote:
Which is why that makes him more of a God because your little brain can't comprehend it.
Can yours? Well um, actually no. Unless you happen to be the first person on the planet who is able to present a "scientific theory" of creationism.

But since we're talking about an allegedly intelligent entity who creates universes in its spare time, my guess is it would be incomprehensible to any in-universe organism.(shrug)
Cybele wrote:
You don't make a good detective. lol
And you're proposing a culprit before there's even evidence of a crime.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Cybele wrote:
Energy has always existed.
Not necessarily.
Cybele wrote:
It just takes another form - from non-living to living and from living to non-living.
Careful, that may gain you the ire of many a creationist!

:-p
Cybele wrote:
There is no such thing as NOTHING.
Elephants have trunks.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
Charles Idemi wrote:
What has gay rights got to do with the rights of human beings?
is it because they were negroes?
Who is "they"?
I thought some gays were Black and some were White.
And all are human.

Well, except for these for example:

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/photos/unca...

Which just goes to demonstrate that such behaviour is observed in nature, making it a natural occurrence. Despite the protests of bigoted fundies.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> But the Negroes are not whites either.
Gay rights or perversions?
What then, is the essence of procreation or reproduction?
The KAMA SUTRA!

Okay, well not really, that's just fun.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
that's not an answer. You have to describe what constitute God first and foremost.
Actually I always thought that was the job of those who propose that it's scientifically relevant.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should that concern them? Since there is no more evidence for a "God" than there is of the Cosmic Sheep of dimension Zog. Since the hurdles for scientifically demonstrating both are EXACTLY the same, shouldn't science merely be concerned with how it all came about?
Best only to deal with more specifics only when evidence of those specifics come to light. Hypothesizing is good, but only if it be potentially scientific.
I choose to kind of call it God because the oneness of everything is something that I experience all the time. I experience the parts of a whole and take its entirety as one embodiment. And because this experience is in human form, it's just appropriate to relate to it like any other human would relate to another human. lol.

Why do I even try to explain the unexplicable?

Just like the Grinch who stole christmas "oh the Who-manity!"
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You understand that homosexuality is simply one sexual identity from Western culture, right?
You lost him when your words reached double digits.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
Systems
We still don't care Mikey.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Yes brother, and we Christians know that our Creator will never put such a union together and give his blessings. it is a delusion of the flesh and a perversion in the sight of God. God bless you.
Love thy fellow man, Mikey. God commands it!

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know this how?
Try meditation you might experience a heightened awareness and attain higher consciousness. Ya baby! Now pass me the joint!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

198 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 min Mister_ E 15,109
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 4 min Spirit67_ 17,295
Man run over by own truck during road rage 5 min _Word_Woman_ 17
Word Association (Jun '10) 8 min Spirit67_ 26,005
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 9 min Spirit67_ 6,238
Word Association (Mar '10) 11 min Bezeer 15,719
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min wichita-rick 141,407
If you could create a new judgeit... 1 hr Jenji 27
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 2 hr dragoon70056 15,631