Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
66,461 - 66,480 of 115,245 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#70736 Jan 13, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't really have life without both matter and energy.
;)
Again it depends on how you define life.

There is energy that creates life that takes the form of a matter and energy that creates life that takes the form of something we don't call matter. lol

Life as we define it is just in the physical form that breathes. But I'm going beyond this definition.

Level 5

above and beyond

#70737 Jan 13, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The brain has very few gap junctions. It mostly uses ionic synapses.
But KK mentioned 'electricity' and that is what I compared the brain's capability for electrical activity to. I am aware of others such as chemical synapses in the neurotransmitters.

Level 5

above and beyond

#70738 Jan 13, 2013
Life after death
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#70739 Jan 13, 2013
Systems created reproduction after the kind in living things. Living things are patterned after their own kind. Repeating cyclic mechanisms such as pumping elements are responsible for maintaining life. All living things have pumps. Life unfolds following seedlike patterns of former things. Life did not branch out and become a varity from a common thing, it began in varity and then reproduced after certain kinds. Systems which cycle following patterns, is the way life works and the timing and pace of these systems was in the self adjusting patterned arrangement from the beginning and Creation of life on earth.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#70740 Jan 13, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Lots of gay men are fathers, why would you think that they could not reproduce?
For men(man) to men(man) marrying each other, there can never be procreation.

Level 2

Location hidden

#70741 Jan 13, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You understand that homosexuality is simply one sexual identity from Western culture, right?
I understand that earlier than now.
Can adults of the sex reproduce or procreate?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#70742 Jan 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> For men(man) to men(man) marrying each other, there can never be procreation.
Yes brother, and we Christians know that our Creator will never put such a union together and give his blessings. it is a delusion of the flesh and a perversion in the sight of God. God bless you.

Level 2

Location hidden

#70743 Jan 13, 2013
Can adults of the same sex reproduce or procreate?
Hidingfromyou, this question is for you.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#70744 Jan 13, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Yes brother, and we Christians know that our Creator will never put such a union together and give his blessings. it is a delusion of the flesh and a perversion in the sight of God. God bless you.
Lucky for rest of us SANE people we dont care nor have tof ollow your made up cults rules.....YOU GET THAT WE ARE FREE PEOPLE NOT SLAVES LIKE YOU,

Level 2

Location hidden

#70745 Jan 13, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You understand that homosexuality is simply one sexual identity from Western culture, right?
People of the same sex can only marry but can never procreate or reproduce?
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#70746 Jan 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> People of the same sex can only marry but can never procreate or reproduce?
Only in some states do same sex people have equal righst and freedom ...In most states the religous nazi fascist still hold freedom and equality out of reach.

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#70747 Jan 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I understand that earlier than now.
Can adults of the sex reproduce or procreate?
I guarantee to you, sir, that any adults who do reproduce have, in fact, a sex.

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

justify your deity?

#70748 Jan 13, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't really have life without both matter and energy.
;)
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Again it depends on how you define life.
There is energy that creates life that takes the form of a matter and energy that creates life that takes the form of something we don't call matter. lol
Life as we define it is just in the physical form that breathes. But I'm going beyond this definition.
Uh...no, no, this one's a universal. There is no life that does not have both matter and energy.

We can do a quick test, if you like. For example, take spinach. Check, matter. Check, energy.

Smaller, you say? Ok, take bacteria. Check, matter. Check, energy.

Smaller? Ok, take viruses. Check, matter. Check, energy.

Smaller still? Ok, prions. Check, matter. Check energy.

That's about as small as we can get for life.

You want to demonstrate there is life without matter or without energy? Sure...give us some evidence, please.

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

justify your deity?

#70749 Jan 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
Can adults of the same sex reproduce or procreate?
Hidingfromyou, this question is for you.
As long as they have functioning genitalia, they can reproduce. I can't imagine why you would think they cannot.

Let me just jump ahead a bit...Yes, almost all primate species have demonstrated same sex sexual behavior, along with many, many other species.

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

justify your deity?

#70750 Jan 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> For men(man) to men(man) marrying each other, there can never be procreation.
Why not?

Do you think that procreation only happens within the boundaries of marriage?]

May I ask you a side question?

Do you know what a gene is?

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

justify your deity?

#70751 Jan 13, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
But I did mention that it depends on how you define "life"
a battery has life, a car engine has life, an equipment has life, etc.
Everything in the universe has life. A star dies and a star is born. But we don't define this life in biological terms.
A battery does not have life. A car engine does not have life.

Unless you want to redefine life in a way that makes our current definitions utterly useless.

In that case, all you are doing is replacing the word "life" with the word "stuff."

Sure...batteries have stuff. Engines have stuff, just like turtles have stuff. So do eggs and ipods and tables. All these things...lots of stuff.

See? Suddenly you've made the word life as useless as the word stuff. Now we can't do anything with it.

When you play these silly word games, you remove the ability of science to understand the universe around us. Biology ceases to have meaning. That's why we call these kind of logical games "sophistry" or "pedantry." They result in an inability to understand the phenomena around us - they reduce our ability to produce new knowledge and are therefore damaging.

Build knowledge, don't attack it.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#70752 Jan 13, 2013
There is only one way to have sex and not sin. The marriage bed is the only place that is not unclean or dirty and defiled in the sight of God.
ROCK

New Orleans, LA

#70753 Jan 13, 2013
Bible Belt wrote:
<quoted text>The stone in my profile picture is a real Kentucky agate. I post using the name FREE SERVANT at times.
The red object behind the bearded man must be a Roman flag.
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

#70754 Jan 13, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
There is only one way to have sex and not sin. The marriage bed is the only place that is not unclean or dirty and defiled in the sight of God.
Says a nazi fascist religous cult member....WE SANE PEOPLE DONT FOLLOW YOUR CULTS BUYBULL CRAP....So---yea we dont care.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#70755 Jan 13, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Says a nazi fascist religous cult member....WE SANE PEOPLE DONT FOLLOW YOUR CULTS BUYBULL CRAP....So---yea we dont care.
The Darwin cult would like to call every person who believes in the God of the Bible crazy. The truth will prevail.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min Princess Hey 145,242
*=* Hoosier Hillbilly *=* 7 min Hoosier Hillbilly 36
Fergson Police Dept. 13 min TALLYHO 8541 383
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 22 min Princess Hey 6,528
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 30 min Grace Nerissa 35,985
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 38 min _Brenda_ 25,341
Big dawg 46 min Princess Hey 404
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr -Lea- 18,593
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 3 hr Krypteia 28,506
What's your tip for the day? 3 hr Rose of Tralee 808