Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
66,441 - 66,460 of 114,586 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
what makes no sense is how we existed without an external agent. Just because you have no proof of God, doesn't mean there is none. Which is why that makes him more of a God because your little brain can't comprehend it. You don't make a good detective. lol
Goodness. I never get tired of religious people acting as if they have somehow discovered the ultimate truth, a truth that is so inscrutable that it only reveals itself to those willing to really "feel" it, and a truth for which there is not a shred of evidence. Of course.

I must admit, I have never heard the "he's more of a god because no one can find him" line. That's pretty hilarious.

Our existence is a profound mystery - one that, if I think about it too much, literally leaves me in a stupor - and honestly, in my opinion, you diminish the beauty of it all by reducing it to "goddidit."

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Are you for or against the issue of racism?
What has gay rights got to do with the rights of human beings?
is it because they were negroes?
And I for or against racism? That is an awkwardly worded question.

Anyways, charles, if you can't figure out how I feel about both civil rights and gay rights from my previous comment, I don't think there's any point in explaining it to you.

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on how you define life. Inanimate objects doesn't have the life like humans or animals. In accounting, everything has life. Companies buy an asset, that asset will soon depreciate and be used up, thus why accountants calculate their useful life.
If you think energy is not equal to life, then what is the source of life?
Energy does not equal life. That's not my opinion, that is a fact. Life is life, and we are made of matter, which is condensed energy. That doesn't mean that the energy itself is life though, it's the arrangement of the matter/energy that makes life, not the matter itself. By your logic, literally everything in the universe is alive.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The energy goes back to the world too, and even faster. Electricity is the same, whether in a living organism or in a computer. All that changes is how it's utilized.
Our brain is like a computer. It has electrical synapses for electrical activity that are released between neurons.

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Are you for or against the issue of racism?
Also, it almost sounds as if you were implying that gays aren't human...

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Goodness. I never get tired of religious people acting as if they have somehow discovered the ultimate truth, a truth that is so inscrutable that it only reveals itself to those willing to really "feel" it, and a truth for which there is not a shred of evidence. Of course.
I must admit, I have never heard the "he's more of a god because no one can find him" line. That's pretty hilarious.
Our existence is a profound mystery - one that, if I think about it too much, literally leaves me in a stupor - and honestly, in my opinion, you diminish the beauty of it all by reducing it to "goddidit."
What kind of evidence do you need?

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
So we can't discuss the evolution of cosmos and particles? yawn
I should say not.
It is obvious from the title of the thread that the discussion is on evolution of one species from another.
Discussing the evolution of something else constitutes nothing more than redefining the term.
If you want to talk about evolution of hair styles, clothing styles, or musical styles, then start another thread.

There are two well-known novels entitled The Invisible Man.
One is by H. G. Wells, the other is by Ralph Ellison.
It would be very rude to barge into a discussion of one novel and comment on the other.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>And I for or against racism? That is an awkwardly worded question.
Anyways, charles, if you can't figure out how I feel about both civil rights and gay rights from my previous comment, I don't think there's any point in explaining it to you.
I am only concerned about your response to the Negroes, because they are human beings like the Caucasians( whites).

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:

Who is "they"?
I thought some gays were Black and some were White.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Energy does not equal life. That's not my opinion, that is a fact. Life is life, and we are made of matter, which is condensed energy. That doesn't mean that the energy itself is life though, it's the arrangement of the matter/energy that makes life, not the matter itself. By your logic, literally everything in the universe is alive.
Life comes from energy. So technically everything in the universe has life. But it is not alive in terms of biology.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Also, it almost sounds as if you were implying that gays aren't human...
No. They are humans. The only difference is that, they engages in sexual pervertions.
What then is the essence of man, woman, children and procreation?
A big question to/ for homosexuals( gays) world wide...

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I should say not.
It is obvious from the title of the thread that the discussion is on evolution of one species from another.
Discussing the evolution of something else constitutes nothing more than redefining the term.
If you want to talk about evolution of hair styles, clothing styles, or musical styles, then start another thread.
There are two well-known novels entitled The Invisible Man.
One is by H. G. Wells, the other is by Ralph Ellison.
It would be very rude to barge into a discussion of one novel and comment on the other.
The reason why we start talking about abiogenesis and all that stuff is to educate bible literalists and provide other explanations of how life started other than what the bible says. And I don't see anything wrong with getting to know the posters in the forums when we talk about personal matters. It actually helps better understand where they are coming from.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

When a star is born, another star dies.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
Charles Idemi wrote:
Who is "they"?
I thought some gays were Black and some were White.
But the Negroes are not whites either.
Gay rights or perversions?
What then, is the essence of procreation or reproduction?
Mi-Yun

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Eeew! Religion is so 2000 years ago

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of evidence do you need?
Let's start with... anything at all.

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I am only concerned about your response to the Negroes, because they are human beings like the Caucasians( whites).
Charles, you are really dumb. Again, if you could not glean from my comment how I feel about both civil rights for blacks and civil rights for gays, then you are a lost cause. And you continue to imply that gay people are not human beings, which is kind of despicable.

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Life comes from energy. So technically everything in the universe has life. But it is not alive in terms of biology.
Not really. Just because energy is required for life does not mean that everything that has energy is life.

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No. They are humans. The only difference is that, they engages in sexual pervertions.
What then is the essence of man, woman, children and procreation?
A big question to/ for homosexuals( gays) world wide...
What if I said that blacks are human, but that the big difference is that they have different colored skin? That's the big question for blacks worldwide - why are they so perverted as to have black skin, and what is the true essence of man?(being white, duh).

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> But the Negroes are not whites either.
Gay rights or perversions?
What then, is the essence of procreation or reproduction?
Charles, you are not making sense. WTF do you mean, "what i the essence of procreation or reproduction?" Is god the answer to this stupid question?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••