Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
66,341 - 66,360 of 113,285 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago
Givemehumbleanyd ay

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Just following that old saying:
"If you can't be part of the solution, be part of the problem."
Hense, the mankind and Gawd theory.

"If you were a Stawbucks flooruh, I would gladly accidently spill coffee on yew, so yew culd send yer clone to klean it up".

lol
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Too many people have been watching too much bad sci-fi.
A human cloning gets you one human newborn. That is all.
No reason to treat it any differently from any other...
Blending sci-fi concepts too. The idea of clones as property isn't as common as that of genetically designed humans. Genetically designed humans does cross several boundaries of ethics.

Even clones made by inserting the nucleus of the parent person into an egg cell will not be clones if the egg does not have the mitochondria of the parent. There will be other changes in the way the genes express themselves due to changes in the endoplasmic reticulum as I remember reading, concerning Dolly and other clones.

The big question is whether or not we can afford to keep a cloned body in a vat somewhere as a spare parts bin, and whether that clones vitality would be sufficient to be used for parts.

I say stem cell research has better potential, but you're still not going to live forever just because the brain is not capable of self-repair and even if it was through stem cell techniques, you'd probably lose most of your early memories in the process. Not much point in living long under those circumstances.

Maybe computer implants! Then you can be a Marvin who always wishes for the good ol' days!

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

chancelor wrote:
the earth is not round..
the universe is round..
Yes we know the earth is not round but please advise how you know the universe is round?

You appear to have an insight that no one else in the world has, including the worlds leading astronomers and cosmologists
Givemehumbleanyd ay

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sorry, was I addressing yes another sock of you? Well in that case I don’t give a wet fart for what type you are, and of course that explains the deliberate ignorance and stupidity I detected in your posts. Honey bitch, when you insult me then I insult you right back, rules of the game. You don’t like the rules of the game then go play with you little dollie;.
Uhhuh.'Nuff said.eh???
You're being convulted again...because I have no idea of what you're talking about, I never was one much for these "dollies" you project, so can only assume what one or might've offered as being a passing interest, pre-kindergarten age, that of which I outgrew MANY, MANY years ago, once they showed me microscopes!
You don't make the rules of the game...especially and obviously more specifically, in MY game-because I tend to be a rule "practicer" believing that a lot of times, such is GOOD for society, rather than denigrating to

So try this one:

You have to be Original, NOT parrot, squawked and clonedDUH...because that parrot, resquawrked and clonedUH kind of stuff is actually pretty weird...of obsessive stalkers realms, and stalker types tend to be a little freakish, with known psychological problems...and for the more normal, rule considering types of people, it's best to stay away from ones like that.

You can apologize anytime for calling me a childish name though, just don't even bother to address me as "honey" anything-especially disrespectfully...there's very few that I even acknowledge such familiarity from, and anything else, from anywhere else, I attribute to ignorance.

But dew yew have yerself a nice day.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Givemehumbleanyday wrote:
<quoted text>
You're being convulted again...because I have no idea of what you're talking about, I never was one much for these "dollies" you project, so can only assume what one or might've offered as being a passing interest, pre-kindergarten age, that of which I outgrew MANY, MANY years ago, once they showed me microscopes!
You don't make the rules of the game...especially and obviously more specifically, in MY game-because I tend to be a rule "practicer" believing that a lot of times, such is GOOD for society, rather than denigrating to
So try this one:
You have to be Original, NOT parrot, squawked and clonedDUH...because that parrot, resquawrked and clonedUH kind of stuff is actually pretty weird...of obsessive stalkers realms, and stalker types tend to be a little freakish, with known psychological problems...and for the more normal, rule considering types of people, it's best to stay away from ones like that.
You can apologize anytime for calling me a childish name though, just don't even bother to address me as "honey" anything-especially disrespectfully...there's very few that I even acknowledge such familiarity from, and anything else, from anywhere else, I attribute to ignorance.
But dew yew have yerself a nice day.
Ahh, yet another clone, how original, parrot what???

Not surprised you have no idea, you being so short in the comprehension stakes as you are but that’s acceptable from you.

No I don’t make the rules of the game, I just follow the rules of the game because I enjoy the game. You may be too ego-testical to realise that topix is not YOUR game but the game of any one who wants to contribute and when you attempt to insult those other players then you should not be surprised at the comeback.

Uhhuh.'Nuff said.eh???

What have parrots got to do with you objecting to people having there own view? With people having a different outlook to you? From your point of view I would have thought one so vocal as you about originality would consider that as originality – hypocrite much?

No need to apologise for fact honey bitch. See, not your game… Live with it

So you admit your ignorance, well done, very brave of you.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

There can be only one!
UTweetDeyTweetNo tallTweet

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I try.

Want to watch a blender crush? Let me just grab some dat ignoRANTs outa your hole of dysfunctional and we'll see what Concocts!!

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

anonymous wrote:
There can be only one!
And anything else is an imposter lol.

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, yet another clone, how original, parrot what???
Not surprised you have no idea, you being so short in the comprehension stakes as you are but that’s acceptable from you.
No I don’t make the rules of the game, I just follow the rules of the game because I enjoy the game. You may be too ego-testical to realise that topix is not YOUR game but the game of any one who wants to contribute and when you attempt to insult those other players then you should not be surprised at the comeback.
Uhhuh.'Nuff said.eh???
What have parrots got to do with you objecting to people having there own view? With people having a different outlook to you? From your point of view I would have thought one so vocal as you about originality would consider that as originality – hypocrite much?
No need to apologise for fact honey bitch. See, not your game… Live with it
So you admit your ignorance, well done, very brave of you.
An say hi to duh (yer) mazzer in and of "BUMpusses"... from us sane, ethical, and decent ones lol.

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

anonymous wrote:
There can be only one!
and in the language of "ewes" .....bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.(and related goats need not bother!)

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

UTweetDeyTweetNotallTweet wrote:
<quoted text>
I try.
Want to watch a blender crush? Let me just grab some dat ignoRANTs outa your hole of dysfunctional and we'll see what Concocts!!
Yes your are very trying

What is “dat ignoRANTs outa”?, I am dyslexic and do have real problems when faced with deliberate stupidity

And it looks like you are now issuing threats, perhaps you should read the topix TOC before continuing with this game that you dream of owning

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

UTweetDeyTweetNotallTweet wrote:
<quoted text>
An say hi to duh (yer) mazzer in and of "BUMpusses"... from us sane, ethical, and decent ones lol.
Say what? Methinks you need to up your olanzapine dose

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

anonymous wrote:
There can be only one!
I am I
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text>. WHY would ANYONE want to CLONE anything? It's like creating ARTIFICIAL Flavors from the Original NATURAL Flavor?? The taste is NEVER exactly the same.. THERE is a slight difference.. BUT I just can't put my finger on it.
A clone of you still has everything you have, nothing would be different. Except for personal life experiences there is no biological difference. There would possibly be a few minor DNA bases different, but that happens with natural born twins too.
Colorado Chick wrote:
That's WHY we were created by the Master Creator himself..to REPRODUCE!! Reminds me of the movie.. The Boys From Brazil..create a Master Race..FREAKIN' SCARY!!
Yup, God created us all to shag, then gave its fundie followers the power to tell people exactly how and when to shag in what positions and even what to wear!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

HILLBILYHIPPYMAN wrote:
Even if the evolution theory is correct. Theres just too many chemical processes that would have to take place perfectly. Im quite sure that there was somthing out there for all the millions of chain reactions of chemicals to take place. Then PUFF, we are here. All thanks to our lord God.
What's "perfect"?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

chancelor wrote:
the universe is round..
This may not even make sense.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you're mistaken. Lots of plants can create clones or sexually reproduce. They decide which to do based on the environmental conditions around them. In favorable conditions, clone. In poor conditions, sexually reproduce.
Some lizard species are 100% clones - no male offspring, only females. All daughters share 100% of their genes with their mother, minus mutation.
All identical twins are clones. There's about 8 primate species that only reproduce in twins - golden lion tamarins, for example.
I honestly wish people would learn more about biology before they make pretense to authoritative statements about it. It's just misleading behavior.
In case you're wondering, most social insects are not actually clones of each other.
Yes I've heard of plants and lizards that can clone itself through pathenogenesis. Other than that, no other animal species are known to have this ability.

A twin is different really because twins still have the DNA of both parents from sexual reproduction, not from cloning process.

Yah I don't know where someone here got the information that insects clone. lol

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yaaay!
What other theories would you like to "confirm" after the fact, with your own guesses?
I'm not sure but something does interest me. I read somewhere that genetic mutations take place in the cloning process and that it could be lethal that's why clones die off. I can't stop but wonder why this happens and how it could be fixed! lol

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Oh HidingFromYou lady, I think I have a theory that raises a question. Since our repair systems correct damage to DNA, are these repair systems that 'fail' during the cloning process? How do we strengthen our DNA repair systems so that lethal mutations can be avoided?

“I write too fast”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

Hurry up!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I've heard of plants and lizards that can clone itself through pathenogenesis. Other than that, no other animal species are known to have this ability.
A twin is different really because twins still have the DNA of both parents from sexual reproduction, not from cloning process.
Yah I don't know where someone here got the information that insects clone. lol
- a lot of species reproduce via pathenogenesis - i.e., assexually (it's not limited to lizards and plants...)

- sure, twins aren't clones of their parents, but clones of each other

- all drone bees are clones...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••