Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
66,261 - 66,280 of 113,170 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

PTK wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just amazed at the amount of investment going into what is often just such uselessness. Imagine that amount of funding, put towards stuff like jobs, health care for everyone, and other vital type infrastructure.
Not surprising though, and no wonder the economy says mired up in muck to it's neck, like little boy tongues stuck to iced over flagpoles...telnet to port 666, the new age of they know not what to worship :-).
Two things. It's about becoming the standard while the opportunity is there, and it's about making a buck later. That amounts to advertizing or data mining. Google is probably the exception to the rule when it comes to advertising success, so data mining it is.

Too bad for the complete idiots who post pictures of themselves raping passed-out girls at parties. Too bad for the other idiots who think that's the bar for judgment.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

ROCKER wrote:
Rock on!
Still don't care Mikey.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Microsoft wants to put all of it's users into a Cloud system. Just an FYI, if you don't like it, you'll switch to something where you get to choose.
But net admin is my job. I accept the need to learn what businesses use.

Personally, I'd love to find a GOOD book for Linux beginners, and particularly one with good instructions on PostFix. Pushed E-mail support in a free product would make the deal a winner.

Most everything else that would be used in a smallish office can be managed fairly easily in its current state although I'd like to see better utilities for backing up MySQL databases. There's still a lack of trained people in Linux, so it's a win-win if I can find that niche.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
LibraOffice is based on Open Office. Oracle just has abandoned development of Open Office, so developers have taken the code elsewhere. Oracle likes to buy out Open Source products and then kill them, but usually they try to see if they can undermine Microsoft with the products first.
The Sun acquisition probably was more about having control of a stable operating system for hosting their database but Oracle has pulled other such stunts, MySQL being one of them.
Cheers, that does make a difference to any decision we make

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

CritterLittersgeehawlore wrote:
<quoted text>
There are some critters that are rather different at times, like egg bearers however, and even range into a different category, than the usual "propagation" methods!
Quote from article-on certain "insects"-
"There are, however, rare examples of asexual species that reproduce by cloning. Each offspring is genetically identical to the parent, with little variation generation after generation.(Mutations do create a minor amount of change.)
If asexual reproduction survives at all, conditions must sometimes favor it, even in competition for a niche with sexually reproducing species. Some insects, like aphids, are both asexual and sexual reproducers. Though rare, those species that reproduce asexually tend to persist...."
"Asexual Reproducers". Evolution, Library. WGBH Educational Foundation. Clear Blue SkyProductions. PBS.org . 2001. 1/9/2013
Are you suggesting that I should clone myself? hmm?

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Human cloning is a very controversial issue and I don't think it's even possible.
ROCK

Marrero, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Still don't care Mikey.
How did everybody like the ROCK? I was trying to get someone to look at it!
ROCK

Marrero, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

PTK wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't work TOO hard though!!
I always work as hard as the job requires, the best at what they do are required to do that. ROCK ON!
PTK

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheers, that does make a difference to any decision we make
medi-limitations:81mgs -orange flavored -once a day only.

Mortor briks in YOUR pockets for head banging lol.
PTK

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting that I should clone myself? hmm?
No.

I was pointing out, on topic, that that is the only species in nature that can do it themselves.
All others would FAIL.

So actually, that had nothing to do with you-unless...are you a mutated tic? Hmmm.
Nope, they don't classify in that category of insects either.

In hard ticks, the female tick attaches to a host and feeds, often for more than 24 hours, before mating. The male tick feeds before mating as well, but he's often a fraction of the size of the engorged female when mating takes place.
PTK

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

ROCK wrote:
<quoted text>I always work as hard as the job requires, the best at what they do are required to do that. ROCK ON!
Well, plz check yourself for tics every now and again if you step out into any environment that may harbor the parasites, mmk...nasty critters, telling ya lol.

Level 2

Since: Sep 10

Alhambra, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Cybele wrote:
Human cloning is a very controversial issue and I don't think it's even possible.
Cybele, human cloning is very possible and could be done right now with enough effort and money. The problem with cloning is that it would always tend to bring slavery back into modern society. This cannot be permitted, so I doubt that cloning will ever be openly done as it threatens the social order.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

PTK wrote:
<quoted text>
Well aware, I have never had the luxury of being mired in ignorance, it wasn't allowed when I was growing up :-).
You are making up for it now…
PTK wrote:
<quoted text>
medi-limitations:81mgs -orange flavored -once a day only.
Mortor briks in YOUR pockets for head banging lol.
I assume you have overdosed on your olanzapine

Uhhuh.'Nuff said.eh???

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

PTK wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I was pointing out, on topic, that that is the only species in nature that can do it themselves.
All others would FAIL.
So actually, that had nothing to do with you-unless...are you a mutated tic? Hmmm.
Nope, they don't classify in that category of insects either.
In hard ticks, the female tick attaches to a host and feeds, often for more than 24 hours, before mating. The male tick feeds before mating as well, but he's often a fraction of the size of the engorged female when mating takes place.
Are you lying? What insect can actually clone itself? I know some lizards have that ability through parthenogenesis.

No I'm not a tic like you unless you like my company. ;-)

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Christopher Keller wrote:
<quoted text>
Cybele, human cloning is very possible and could be done right now with enough effort and money. The problem with cloning is that it would always tend to bring slavery back into modern society. This cannot be permitted, so I doubt that cloning will ever be openly done as it threatens the social order.
Well that is just stupid. Why would cloned humans be treated like slaves or threaten social order? Is it because scientists haven't proven anything about the intelligence or health of a clone?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Cybele wrote:
The mechanics of cloning a human aren't any different from those involved in cloning a cat or a sheep.

I'd regard it as inevitable, if indeed it hasn't already occurred.

The aftermath should be interesting.
ROCK

Covington, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

PTK wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, plz check yourself for tics every now and again if you step out into any environment that may harbor the parasites, mmk...nasty critters, telling ya lol.
KENTUCKY ROCKS!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

PTK wrote:
<quoted text>
A+, COMPTIA Security+ and mucho misc other training here....Years worth.
Two reasons, why we have Civil Law enforcement as well...1) idiots that are sooooo ignorant, that 2)they can only slander and stalk others.
WELL worth the time in "sniffing " them down, like the dogchit they are, and making them accountable for what they let roll across and out of their dumps in my opinion.
But thanks for explaining it to others, who might think the screens they hide behind are somehow "private". Nothing like a good dose of reality :-).
Highly doubtful you have anything more than reading articles as training. If you did, you'd never touch MS Windows, knowing of all the backdoors and loopholes into the system. Sorry, but I'm not believing anything you say now.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Cybele wrote:
Twins.

Besides, if we can clone dolly the sheep we could eventually clone humans deliberately at some point.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are making up for it now…
<quoted text>
I assume you have overdosed on your olanzapine
Uhhuh.'Nuff said.eh???
Talking to yourself?
If not- then you might check yourself-because I am the type that is very NON-impressed with big pharma anything. In fact- I LOATHE alot of it.
WAYYYY too much JUNK out there these days-destroys good minds and lives, and ruins common sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••