Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#70278 Jan 7, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yah. Is-Ra-El. Zionism.
Zionism? That is bs. Our interest in Israel is not really about the Jews. It is about Moral Majority types who really could care less about the Jews (as non Christians the Jews are destined for hell anyway in their religious ideology) but for religious reasons they still support the state of Israel. Even more than the American Jews. A rather bipolar worldview.

No reason to blame it on Jewish zionists or the Israel lobby.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#70279 Jan 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the opposite. Sociopaths react to needs, basic needs like survival and sustenance. Psychopaths respond to emotional drive, they react to their own personal emotions, and this is almost always anger or the drive to hunt. The christian god is very often destroying things out of anger, and makes the classic "you made me" excuse common to the psychopath.
An interesting tidbit of information, most abusers are psychopaths, they react based only on their emotional state, which often leads to imagined slights and a lack of logical reasoning in their actions.
First you need to define the difference between sociopath vs. psychopath.

"psychopathy leans towards the hereditary whereas sociopathy tends towards the environmental."

"Psychopaths are born with temperamental differences such as impulsivity, cortical underarousal, and fearlessness that lead them to risk-seeking behavior and an inability to internalize social norms. On the other hand, sociopaths have relatively normal temperaments; their personality disorder being more an effect of negative sociological factors like parental neglect, delinquent peers, poverty, and extremely low or extremely high intelligence."

Agree?
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#70280 Jan 7, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Jim Jones comes to mind.
An interesting question... have Christians murdered more people over the centuries just for being Moslem or have Moslems murdered more people over the centuries just for being...?

These two Jewish sects have quite a history of mass murder.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#70281 Jan 7, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So is it safe to assume that perhaps every sociopath or psychopath need a Jesus personality psychologically speaking? Whether they want an attachment with one or victimize one.
This has nothing to do with following a religion. Don't get me wrong.
Nope. Neither needs anything more than less stereotyping by the masses. Considering most live in society without ever posing a threat, there is no need for them to change, our culture needs to change and learn to embrace and utilize differences better, that's all.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#70282 Jan 7, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
First you need to define the difference between sociopath vs. psychopath.
"psychopathy leans towards the hereditary whereas sociopathy tends towards the environmental."
"Psychopaths are born with temperamental differences such as impulsivity, cortical underarousal, and fearlessness that lead them to risk-seeking behavior and an inability to internalize social norms. On the other hand, sociopaths have relatively normal temperaments; their personality disorder being more an effect of negative sociological factors like parental neglect, delinquent peers, poverty, and extremely low or extremely high intelligence."
Agree?
Nope, it's all genetic, and not usually hereditary. It is simply a different logic system.

Level 5

above and beyond

#70283 Jan 7, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Zionism? That is bs. Our interest in Israel is not really about the Jews. It is about Moral Majority types who really could care less about the Jews (as non Christians the Jews are destined for hell anyway in their religious ideology) but for religious reasons they still support the state of Israel. Even more than the American Jews. A rather bipolar worldview.
No reason to blame it on Jewish zionists or the Israel lobby.
Whatever the reason is, it has got something to do with the elites. Maybe rooted from biblical war among Cain and Abel descendants that has evolved into the political arena we have today. lol

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#70284 Jan 7, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
An interesting question... have Christians murdered more people over the centuries just for being Moslem or have Moslems murdered more people over the centuries just for being...? These two Jewish sects have quite a history of mass murder.
You left out the Christians who murdered people for being the "wrong kind" of Christian.(The Muslims still do that, in terms of the "wrong kind" of Muslim.)

Level 5

above and beyond

#70285 Jan 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, it's all genetic, and not usually hereditary. It is simply a different logic system.
Sounds like you refuse a remedy to the problem. If by nature or nurture we all acquire the traits of psychopath or sociopath, why would you want to remain that way? We will all end up in jails with some having to face capital punishment. Not a good way to continue the path to human evolution. lol
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#70286 Jan 7, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out the Christians who murdered people for being the "wrong kind" of Christian.(The Muslims still do that, in terms of the "wrong kind" of Muslim.)
What about the Christians who murdered people for making scientific observations? Nowhere in the Bible does it say the Earth is the center of the solar system and yet the Inquisition somehow thought it ok to burn people at the stake for...

Even though that belief came from Greek philosophers who were not even Christian.
Anelectronfield

Somerset, KY

#70287 Jan 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has ever claimed that life "raised itself". The appearance of life on the Earth was due to reactions to the state the Earth was in at that time.
Where is your evidence that they were looking at electron field? From my understanding they are looking at black smokers as the source of energy and quite a few of the chemicals involved.
Electron fields..plural. Pre whole"atoms" so to speak-quarks etc.

Synchrotron radiation from proton bunches in the LHC creates photoelectrons at the beam screen wall. These photoelectrons are pulled toward the positively charged proton bunch. When they hit the opposite wall, they generate secondary electrons which can in turn be accelerated by the next bunch. Depending on several assumptions about surface reflectivity, photoelectron and secondary electron yield, this mechanism can lead to the fast build-up of an electron cloud (the animation shows simulation results by O. Brüning for 10 subsequent bunch passages, during which the pictures become red) with potential implications for beam stability and heat load on the beam screen. In view of the tight deadline for the design of the LHC cryogenic system, a crash program has been set up to measure the relevant physical quantities with and without magnetic field.
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#70288 Jan 7, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever the reason is, it has got something to do with the elites. Maybe rooted from biblical war among Cain and Abel descendants that has evolved into the political arena we have today. lol
The elites? I think it is like with immigration. The fundamentalist teabagger types have a knee-jerk support for Israel and the elites just tip-toe around them out of fear they will go totally bonkers if the government adopts a sensible policy.

The Brits are really to blame for the Israel/Palestinian thing. Not the Jews or the Moslems. What did they think would happen when they carved up the Holy Land between the Arabs and the...?
Anelectronfield

Somerset, KY

#70289 Jan 7, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you refuse a remedy to the problem. If by nature or nurture we all acquire the traits of psychopath or sociopath, why would you want to remain that way? We will all end up in jails with some having to face capital punishment. Not a good way to continue the path to human evolution. lol
Disgree- all people do not end up twisted and warped. Why would they, when they can choose of their own "free will", "being good over being evil".

Level 5

above and beyond

#70290 Jan 7, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
Of course, people who try to hijack threads for purposes other than the topic of the thread are certainly acting in an anti-social way, don't you think?
<quoted text>
How so?
You are giving a different meaning to anti-social
Drew Smith wrote:
Don't you think it takes judgment to determine if someone else's argument is illogical and contains logical fallacies?
No you are not using your 'own' judgement but following a set of rules for logical arguments. We can't apply those set of rules in every type of argument.
Anelectronfield

Somerset, KY

#70291 Jan 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has ever claimed that life "raised itself". The appearance of life on the Earth was due to reactions to the state the Earth was in at that time.
Where is your evidence that they were looking at electron field? From my understanding they are looking at black smokers as the source of energy and quite a few of the chemicals involved.
V.V. Anashin, A. Krasnov, Method of SEY and ELECTRON clouds life time measurements in the presence of magnetic field, BINP Vacuum Group Report 5-2009; presentation at CERN (A. Krasnov, 12.03.2010)
AGOODelectronfie ld

Somerset, KY

#70292 Jan 7, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone must carry a DICTIONARY including yourself. You know they have dictionary 'apps' now.
Low life scum? You are a classic example of a PEST and you are used to kill what is actually good.
No, TICS are pests, and I am not "used" to "kill" anything, is that some sort of delusion? So why would everyone carry a dictionary, in the digital age, when even 8 year olds can find dictionary apps?

Level 5

above and beyond

#70293 Jan 7, 2013
Anelectronfield wrote:
<quoted text>
Disgree- all people do not end up twisted and warped. Why would they, when they can choose of their own "free will", "being good over being evil".
Then you don't understand what the disorder actually means and the consequences of it in our society. Why would bad always remain bad and the good remain good? We need balance. Just like Yin and Yang. duh!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#70294 Jan 7, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Erm, what? Most of the prisoners are neither sociopaths or psychopaths, the form of logic we call sociopathic or psychopathic are not inherently bad, I know I already mentioned that. Most live in society without ever even being analyzed, and that's often because psychiatrists are not scientific. It's not an illness anymore than being gay is, it's simply a difference and nothing more. Until you stop thinking that everything that is not like you is an illness you will never learn anything beyond stereotypes.
AGOODelectronfie ld

Somerset, KY

#70295 Jan 7, 2013
Cybele wrote:
For the less educated ones:
PEST analysis stands for "P olitical, E conomic, S ocial, and T echnological analysis"
Learn your 'own' Business!
WRONG!!!
Do not pass "go" Do not cowerct 200 hunnert dolluh-and no get outa jail fwee cawrd!
AGOODelectronfie ld

Somerset, KY

#70296 Jan 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Very inaccurate, there are many people who never need a dictionary. There are learning mechanisms and logic types that you have never even ones considered viable because they all differ from you.
Did you know that sociopaths actually just think differently than you? They lack the chemical reactions that produce the erratic and often detrimental emotions in their brains. Due to this all resources are utilized for learning, and they rarely need a dictionary because they become natural sponges for information. If we utilized these people more we could be on Mars already, instead of fearing them, another often irrational emotional response.
Many autistic people rarely need dictionaries either, they often become masters of using words and using even the least known definitions of words. Often twisting the meaning of what people say to suit their own ends, by utilizing obscure and lesser known meanings of the words to make what you say mean something completely different. They are also literalists, it's part of their logic method, everything is as it is, slang often escapes them, memes are a complete mystery to them.
Those are just the two of the top of my head. Two examples of people who don't need dictionaries.
Savants might classify in the category as well.

(Savant syndrome is a rare, but extraordinary, condition in which persons with serious mental disabilities, including autistic disorder, have some ‘island of genius’ which stands in marked, incongruous contrast to overall handicap. As many as one in 10 persons with autistic disorder have such remarkable abilities in varying degrees, although savant syndrome occurs in other developmental disabilities or in other types of central nervous system injury or disease as well. Whatever the particular savant skill, it is always linked to massive memory.)

The savant syndrome: an extraordinary condition. A synopsis: past, present, future.
Darold A. Treffert Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2009 May 27; 364(1522): 1351–1357. doi:10.1098/rstb.2008.0326

PMCID:
PMC2677584.National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#70297 Jan 7, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude even you admitted a while back, that there could be no amount of scientific evidences that would convince you of the existence of God. So why do you all clammer on about proof that you would not except anyway? Geez.
If so then you should be able to link to the post where I said that. Of course anyone who knows me knows that you won't find it because I have never argued from a fundamentalist atheist standpoint. In fact I'm currently frustrating Skippy the 'Skeptic' by the very fact that he makes the POSITIVE claim that there definitely is no God and I keep asking him to prove it. KittenKoder can also confirm this if you happen to give a hoot.

Theism and atheism are COMPLETELY irrelevant to science. I don't argue from either of those standpoints because I have no NEED to. Never have. Science merely deals with what can be demonstrated and what cannot.

You may be confused where I've said that there IS no current scientific evidence of (a) God. However science is, has been, and always will be open to the possibility should some future evidence be discovered. It's just the simple fact at this moment in time that no-one on the ENTIRE PLANET has been able to do so. If that's a problem, it's not mine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 57 min wichita-rick 755
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 1 hr wichita-rick 697
Favorite lines from a song (Mar '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 3,632
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 155,263
tasteless jokes 1 hr wichita-rick 89
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 2 hr Mega Monster 8,731
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... 2 hr wichita-rick 455
Lets Discuss Men (Dec '13) 5 hr Sublime1 386
"man" words 5 hr andet1987 208
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 6 hr TALLYHO 8541 38,437