Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,301)

Showing posts 66,001 - 66,020 of106,046
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

For as long as there are white supremacists, there will be a need for equal rights such as the affirmative action.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
That usually requires that you know more about your job than they do. Even then, expect them to have a self-important attitude about the politics that they bring to the job, and if you easily get frustrated that you've spent years in school to learn a technical specialty that they undermine by making uninformed budget decisions, yet completely keep you isolated from the budgeting process in order to protect their leadership image, then you're not a social climber.
Most likely, you'll be reporting to an idiot who knows all about last weekends sports events and nothing about business, technology or finance. Or you'll be reporting to a female who has a chip on her shoulder about men, and who will hypocritically seek to smother you with a pillow while you sleep.
Your only defense in either situation is to be a married idiot, showing everyone pictures of the kids, letting them know that you're one of the good people who are entitled to something more. And don't rock the boat, EVER!!
(NOW I'm being cynical!)
Then bring it! I don't care if I'm not part of the budgeting decisions as long as they're not trying to screw me up.
I like a good boss, but they're hard to find. Women in the work place complicate things by causing too much drama and men will always be men. There should be a balance between male and female roles in the work place.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I think you're here to be a homophobic Internet troll.
<quoted text>
Says the guy who has posted so much recently about things other than evolution.
<quoted text>
I'll have to tell that to all of my straight family members, friends, and coworkers. They'll get a good laugh of it.
<quoted text>
What "omissions"? The only "demand" I'm making is for equal rights, especially for equal rights in legal recognition of same-sex marriage.
I fail to see what Affirmative Action has to do with that.
And why won't a civil union do the same thing?

You're still just labeling people and demanding non-existent rights. I pretty much told one person to keep his gay politics out of the forum and you jumped in, and have not failed to parse out a reply out of context to EVERY post I've made on the subject.

Why should I be the first to be silent? WHY?

Talk about WHY your lifestyle is worthy of protection. Show me that you understand what I've been saying and give a thought out rebuttal. You won't. You want to dictate, and to pose like an alpha monkey mounting the submissive. I can walk away anytime because I have made my point and have demonstrated that you don't have ANYTHING but monkey mimicry and rhetoric.

I'm calling this closed now. But you're going to say the same thing again. You'll claim that it's all nonsense, everyone's a homophobe who doesn't agree with you, and you are going to pose like George Washington crossing the Delaware to get your RIGHTS!

There are no rules! Enjoy your silly pose, but don't interrupt my discussions with others. I consider personal honor something you have to earn, not a "right" about where you can poke your swizzle stick, and I don't take kindly to REAL Internet trolls.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Then bring it! I don't care if I'm not part of the budgeting decisions as long as they're not trying to screw me up.
I like a good boss, but they're hard to find. Women in the work place complicate things by causing too much drama and men will always be men. There should be a balance between male and female roles in the work place.
There should be a balance, but we know that there's still a traditional "women in the home" attitude and a tendency to think that women just aren't suited to some jobs. Perhaps sexual dimorphism suggests this to be a valid point and perhaps it doesn't. Just don't expect managers to be understanding.

They're mostly just arm-twisters who don't want to get dirt on themselves so if they can get away with it, they WILL make budget decisions that help them move up the ladder while chaining you down with workplace inefficiencies.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Shitomanchuranee?
Let us know when the U.S. of going broke isn't bankrupted already anymore.
Simple just look at the financial reports

http://www.fms.treas.gov/fr/index.html

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

anonymous wrote:
Because not every right accorded to marriage is automatically accorded to civil unions.

And because there's no logical reason to deny legal recognition of same-sex marriage *as* marriage.
anonymous wrote:
You're still just labeling people and demanding non-existent rights.
The right to marriage is non-existent? You might want to take that idea up with the Supreme Court. They have ruled otherwise.
anonymous wrote:
I pretty much told one person to keep his gay politics out of the forum
Says the guy who brings in his irrelevant political postings in this thread.

Let me know when you're going to get back to debating evolution vs. creationism.
anonymous wrote:
Why should I be the first to be silent?
Who here was complaining about "ego" a while ago?
anonymous wrote:
Talk about WHY your lifestyle is worthy of protection.
I don't have a lifestyle. I have a life.
anonymous wrote:
You want to dictate, and to pose like an alpha monkey mounting the submissive.
I'm not really interested in hearing about your sexual fantasies.
anonymous wrote:
I can walk away anytime
And you've clearly done such a good job of doing that, eh?
anonymous wrote:
I'm calling this closed now.
Because, of course, you determine which topics are closed and which are not. But it's not about you, is it?

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
There should be a balance, but we know that there's still a traditional "women in the home" attitude and a tendency to think that women just aren't suited to some jobs. Perhaps sexual dimorphism suggests this to be a valid point and perhaps it doesn't. Just don't expect managers to be understanding.
They're mostly just arm-twisters who don't want to get dirt on themselves so if they can get away with it, they WILL make budget decisions that help them move up the ladder while chaining you down with workplace inefficiencies.
I'm not going to work under that kind of ill motivated boss. I agree some women are not fit to do certain jobs but so do men. There are certain situations and social settings that can make anyone maladjusted especially the fuddy duddy ones. lol
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going to work under that kind of ill motivated boss. I agree some women are not fit to do certain jobs but so do men. There are certain situations and social settings that can make anyone maladjusted especially the fuddy duddy ones. lol
Fuddy Duddy?! Hmmmm.

Not an advisable approach. The football jocks get along with fuddy duddies because they at least pretend to listen, and they do the nasty arm-twisting without realizing how disposable that makes them.

Ultimately, the only advantage young people have is that they can work long hours, aren't likely to be a healthcare problem, and for now, they're cheap. If you've got issues with older managers, it makes me wonder what manner of bad relationships you may have with them.

The workplace is their time. Your time is your time and I wouldn't let them bully you into giving up that time just because you might have agreed to a salaried position. They will pull those tricks. Otherwise, it's always good to listen, especially if new training or experience is in the deal.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Fuddy Duddy?! Hmmmm.
Not an advisable approach. The football jocks get along with fuddy duddies because they at least pretend to listen, and they do the nasty arm-twisting without realizing how disposable that makes them.
Ultimately, the only advantage young people have is that they can work long hours, aren't likely to be a healthcare problem, and for now, they're cheap. If you've got issues with older managers, it makes me wonder what manner of bad relationships you may have with them.
The workplace is their time. Your time is your time and I wouldn't let them bully you into giving up that time just because you might have agreed to a salaried position. They will pull those tricks. Otherwise, it's always good to listen, especially if new training or experience is in the deal.
I don't have an issue with age. It's the personality types that I'm having difficulty with. Most people don't mind dealing with a job they don't enjoy and put up with people whom they can't grow fond with. Been there done that. It's why I am at a point where I tried to find work where I'm my own boss, and something more independent such as being a writer or artist while I find that dream job!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have an issue with age. It's the personality types that I'm having difficulty with. Most people don't mind dealing with a job they don't enjoy and put up with people whom they can't grow fond with. Been there done that. It's why I am at a point where I tried to find work where I'm my own boss, and something more independent such as being a writer or artist while I find that dream job!
Well, I don't place much faith in the artist/writer thing. That's one of those things you do on your own time, and if you get traction, great! It's like betting on becoming a pro athlete though. One in a million.

Now, I always find the older people more agreeable, but then again, I'm about 50 so that's increasingly becoming a peer thing. I'm not a stuffy old patriarch, as I think my meanderings on this site have demonstrated, but I still find them a bit more patient.

The biggest rule to remember on work ethics is, in my humble opinion, to never allow yourself to become an 80/20 worker. That is, don't just focus on the 80 percent of the work that takes 20 percent of the time. The whole job needs to get done. Kids can be impatient that way!

You'd have to tell me what kind of experiences you're referring to. There are a few curmudgeonly pains out there but everyone needs to pay their bills.

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Would you like to learn the current state of abiogenesis? Or do you want to remain in a state of denial?
But like someone said on another post...

If this random soup is created in a lab...all it prooves is 'intellegent design'...

And randomn soup, is not enough to produce the enviornment we have on this planet...

The variety of life...the opposite sex dynamics...

Life cannot exist without an enviornment in which to live or thrive...

What happens if you place one plant on the moon...without oxygenated soil, without other plants to polinate with?

It will simply die...

Look at all the various species put here, simply to be apart of a greater ecosphere...

Life on earth is a team effort...

It was all done deliberatly by a master designer or bio-engineer...or creator...

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't place much faith in the artist/writer thing. That's one of those things you do on your own time, and if you get traction, great! It's like betting on becoming a pro athlete though. One in a million.
Now, I always find the older people more agreeable, but then again, I'm about 50 so that's increasingly becoming a peer thing. I'm not a stuffy old patriarch, as I think my meanderings on this site have demonstrated, but I still find them a bit more patient.
The biggest rule to remember on work ethics is, in my humble opinion, to never allow yourself to become an 80/20 worker. That is, don't just focus on the 80 percent of the work that takes 20 percent of the time. The whole job needs to get done. Kids can be impatient that way!
You'd have to tell me what kind of experiences you're referring to. There are a few curmudgeonly pains out there but everyone needs to pay their bills.
Glad to see that you're staying on topic with evolution vs. creation!

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Anyone who studies DNA and RNA strands, and chromozones...and studies the complexity of it all...the protiens...the codes...

Knows that it is not randomn...it's all deliberate...

Birds with yellow feathers...deliberate...

Frogs...deliberate....

Honey bees to polinate the fruit...deliberate...

Quit allowing your hostility towards the Christian narrative blind you to the fact that there is a creator...an intellegent designer, who planted, seeded, life on earth...

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Time and Space wrote:
Anyone who studies DNA and RNA strands, and chromozones...and studies the complexity of it all...the protiens...the codes...
Knows that it is not randomn...it's all deliberate
Yeah, all of those chromozones and protiens aren't randomn. We knew that.

“Happy New Year”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still just labeling people and demanding non-existent rights. I pretty much told one person to keep his gay politics out of the forum and you jumped in, and have not failed to parse out a reply out of context to EVERY post I've made on the subject.
Why should I be the first to be silent? WHY?
Talk about WHY your lifestyle is worthy of protection. Show me that you understand what I've been saying and give a thought out rebuttal. You won't. You want to dictate, and to pose like an alpha monkey mounting the submissive. I can walk away anytime because I have made my point and have demonstrated that you don't have ANYTHING but monkey mimicry and rhetoric.
I'm calling this closed now. But you're going to say the same thing again. You'll claim that it's all nonsense, everyone's a homophobe who doesn't agree with you, and you are going to pose like George Washington crossing the Delaware to get your RIGHTS!
There are no rules! Enjoy your silly pose, but don't interrupt my discussions with others. I consider personal honor something you have to earn, not a "right" about where you can poke your swizzle stick, and I don't take kindly to REAL Internet trolls.
I don't really hate to point out that you did to me exactly that. You interupted an exchange between myself and another to chastize me about how I characterized a child killer. You didn't bother to ask what I meant or anything about me. You labelled me, accused me of crossing some imaginary line and then went on a rant.

How is that different from what you are accusing Drew of doing?

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't making enough as a writer. But I enjoyed doing it even though I'm not a native speaker. Other writers find that very rewarding though it could be quite challenging sometimes. And being an artist can be time consuming. I would probably make more money when I'm dead!

I enjoy being around people of all ages, personality types, and cultures but it seems like anyone can relate to me but I'm not getting the same thing back from others. I still have to figure out why I always feel that way. I'm just different from the rest. And you whiners keep proving my point. lol
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I don't really hate to point out that you did to me exactly that. You interupted an exchange between myself and another to chastize me about how I characterized a child killer. You didn't bother to ask what I meant or anything about me. You labelled me, accused me of crossing some imaginary line and then went on a rant.
How is that different from what you are accusing Drew of doing?
I gave you every reason to explain yourself about choosing to call a Asperger's patient "evil". You didn't think that was necessary so it escalated. Are you going to make that assertion again?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to see that you're staying on topic with evolution vs. creation!
Oops! Not content to butt out, eh? Well, that is what it is.

Trolling!

I knew you couldn't resist! ;)
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't making enough as a writer. But I enjoyed doing it even though I'm not a native speaker. Other writers find that very rewarding though it could be quite challenging sometimes. And being an artist can be time consuming. I would probably make more money when I'm dead!
I enjoy being around people of all ages, personality types, and cultures but it seems like anyone can relate to me but I'm not getting the same thing back from others. I still have to figure out why I always feel that way. I'm just different from the rest. And you whiners keep proving my point. lol
Whiner? Hmmm. Well, if you really do take everything on the chin...

So where are you coming from if that's not too personal? My first guess would be south of the border, but no guarantees there. I kind of winced at the thought that you were trying to be a writer because your English writing does have a few too many boo-boo's for the average editor to take seriously, but your syntax is too close to standard English for you to not have had significant exposure to it. Most people would just assume that you lack education.

I first pegged you as possibly part Native American because you obviously don't observe pecking orders, but you have enough confidence to wade into an American style of argument so I'd suspect a good deal of Spanish in your blood as well. Combine that with a reverence for Christian doctrine and it seems to fit.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Way to avoid the fact that I gave you exactly what you asked for. As a deflection, that's an epic fail.
Oh, and did you mean my use of the word "bastard" when you said "cussy"?
Don't look at me, it's Biblical:
" A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD. " (Deuteronomy 23:2)
Dang! That's New Testament? There's a way to kill evangelism!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 66,001 - 66,020 of106,046
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••