Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,300)

Showing posts 65,981 - 66,000 of106,056
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The Bible tells us that God has a record book of everyone and I would think he has a record of everything.
thewordofme wrote:
Do you think He has a computer nowadays??
Gotta' keep up with the times.
If he does, I wish he would post a message on this thread and settle the question once and for all.
Ramen brother

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

anonymous wrote:
You don't see fit to defend your lifestyle.
I don't have a "lifestyle". I have a life.
anonymous wrote:
You're judging my posts as homophobic and worthy of being having me placed in a straightjacket.
Says the guy who already said that I should be placed in a straitjacket. Do you even read your own postings?
anonymous wrote:
You may like the choice to use your name, but you may find yourself losing opportunities because of it.
Ask me if I'm worried.
anonymous wrote:
H.R. people don't like political fanatics, and maybe other things.
Sorry to disappoint you, but my H.R. isn't in any position to object to my political postings.
anonymous wrote:
I've already stated that I consider the Gay agenda to be about pushing Affirmative Action for Gays.
Let us know when companies are required by law to hire gays under a quota system.

In the meantime, the only agenda I'll be supporting is the one where gays get equal rights. Not some agenda imagined by homophobes.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>He already has given us a written message, just open a Bible randomly to any page and you will hear from him.
Sorry to bust your bubble my friend...the Bible is solely written by man and not 'God inspired'....just like ALL other religious books.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
US is enslaving China and their commie government is okay with that because it gives them power but lately it seems they have come to the realization that labor force is the most valuable asset by giving them more pay. Pay up or shut up.
Well, that's another possibility.

If the U.S. wanted to undermine Communism in China, demonstrating the improved lifestyle that comes with industrialization could trigger unrest with the public. Keep in mind though, 20 years ago, that government was completely willing to crack down on dissenters, pitting battle tanks against unarmed students in Tiananmen Square. Also keep in mind, we are a nation one quarter of the population of China. Industrialization of a country THAT large is dangerous and the lost jobs in the western world are highly destabilizing.

Throw in other factors like the Kyoto Accords,currency manipulation, changes in import laws due to the inevitability of globalization, the eventual loss of global oil supplies, etc. and it's anyone's guess what will happen in the not-so-distant future, but I can't imagine it will happen peacefully! That's like a "Peace in our Time" joke.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a "lifestyle". I have a life.
<quoted text>
Says the guy who already said that I should be placed in a straitjacket. Do you even read your own postings?
<quoted text>
Ask me if I'm worried.
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you, but my H.R. isn't in any position to object to my political postings.
<quoted text>
Let us know when companies are required by law to hire gays under a quota system.
In the meantime, the only agenda I'll be supporting is the one where gays get equal rights. Not some agenda imagined by homophobes.
Ooooohhh! You have a life, not a lifestyle! Wow! Stop the presses! And who said that I think you should be in a straitjacket? I'm betting that you aren't ready to take your battle out of your secret places. Doing so, well then I think you'd lose your grip!

Just look at what you've just posted. Completely in control, are you? It's all about rights! Rights to what?...a lifestyle. This is YOUR ego trip. Nobody has to respect you. Nobody has to keep from smiling to each other and winking and ...YOU ...CAN'T ...CONTROL ...THAT! But you WILL try. Use IT! You WILL use it! <wink!> ;)

Denial. No meaning.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
if it weren't for the anonymity of this forum, blah blah blah
I agree. We all use this as an outlet to have a voice. I think we're all here for the same reason. When I'm done with this distance learning program, I'm going to focus on playing my role all over again in the real-world called the work place while I get a life.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. We all use this as an outlet to have a voice. I think we're all here for the same reason. When I'm done with this distance learning program, I'm going to focus on playing my role all over again in the real-world called the work place while I get a life.
That sounds like a young person speaking.

You don't sound like a social climber to begin with so I don't know how much you'll learn from us misfits! If you like to make waves, avoid the big companies and pick a small company that suits your lifestyle.
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
US is enslaving China and their commie government is okay with that because it gives them power but lately it seems they have come to the realization that labor force is the most valuable asset by giving them more pay. Pay up or shut up.
The US is inslaving China? How so?

From what I see Washington has run up the national debt so high we have to endlessly borrow from communist China and the Saudi monarchy just to keep up on the interest payments. Thanks to the Bush administration and then more of the same from his clone Obama...

Any day now they will show up with a u-haul and start carrying out the furniture.

As for enslaving their workers I would define that more as unemploying ours. This outsourcing of jobs to east Asia hurts us... not China.

Mao's heirs won the cold war.
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>He can speak to you and signify that the message is only what you have ask. The evidence is in the answer.
Since it is written in parable form you can even choose for yourself what that message is. About like the works of Nostradamus. You can read pretty much anything into scripture.

The ancients were clever about that. For it to survive the test of time it had to be...

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

anonymous wrote:
And who said that I think you should be in a straitjacket?
Your words: "...if it weren't for the anonymity of this forum, you'd be in a straitjacket by now."
anonymous wrote:
I'm betting that you aren't ready to take your battle out of your secret places.
Says the guy who posts under "anonymous" while I post under my real name.
anonymous wrote:
It's all about rights! Rights to what?
To being treated the same way as straights in regards to marriage.
anonymous wrote:
This is YOUR ego trip.
Human rights are an ego trip?
anonymous wrote:
Nobody has to respect you.
Nope. They just have to treat my marriage the same way as other marriages under the law.

Homophobes hate that.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>That sounds like a young person speaking.
You don't sound like a social climber to begin with so I don't know how much you'll learn from us misfits! If you like to make waves, avoid the big companies and pick a small company that suits your lifestyle.
Big or small company, it doesn't really matter as long as I enjoy what I do with some freedom from micro-management. lol
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Presumably, the inference was "play dough". I'm listening to you. You're disrupting me! My assertion that I was setting up was that biologically, there IS an evolutionary precedent for an inherent type of multi-tasking behavior.
It can and does exist in the gene pool, and the political dog-pack mentality is locked in a genocidal form of prejudice, playing a numbers game, and is completely unconcerned with rights and morality.
That is why this discussion goes on and on. That is why nobody is going to be taken seriously when they play for pathos, claiming complete irrationality from the other side. They're just as irrational and won't surrender a single toehold of authority to the real truth. This debate is not about science or religion. It's politics.
Ummm, ayup an ayeah...anduh..aDUH.
As in DUH...not "doh" as in "play-doh" (not pizza "dough")

Why is the sky blue, why are trees green, and brown and golden, and red....why is some water clear and other water orange, why are cirlces round and squares square?

Category-Question overheard in kindergarten classes everwhere, for a wooden nickel please Alec.

Duh.(as in why even bother :-)...)
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I am guilty of that. lol
I started with the bible, then I started doing other books. It's almost like magic. I swear it works all the time for me whether it was a fiction or history book then it became anything. Try it it's fun.
It's called 'stichomancy' or what I like to say the magic touch.
Shitomanchuranee?
Let us know when the U.S. of going broke isn't bankrupted already anymore.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Skepticism has prevented me from being duped by "psychics," honesty and integrity has kept me from being one of those psychics.
Since they serve me well, there is no need to buy another person's delusion.
Logicality sayz-
That's a good one !

:-)
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words: "...if it weren't for the anonymity of this forum, you'd be in a straitjacket by now."
<quoted text>
Says the guy who posts under "anonymous" while I post under my real name.
<quoted text>
To being treated the same way as straights in regards to marriage.
<quoted text>
Human rights are an ego trip?
<quoted text>
Nope. They just have to treat my marriage the same way as other marriages under the law.
Homophobes hate that.
I said that you'd be in a straitjacket, not that I'D put you in one.

See? You may learn yet, but I doubt it.

You think that I'm here to battle you, when I really wish you'd just shaddup and get back on topic.

You're paranoid about straights. It's about subsidized breeding and about keeping workers legally and financially dependent on their underpaid jobs, not straight vs. gay. You're really picking the wrong battle, but you WILL do it anyway.

Your demands and your omissions absolutely imply that you're gunning for Affirmative Action but you don't seem to have a clue about how the empty suits hate workplace litigation.

Demand your rights AGAIN! BUT LOUDER!!! LOUDER!!!!! LOOOUUUDER!!!!!!!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I see Washington has run up the national debt so high we have to endlessly borrow from communist China and the Saudi monarchy just to keep up on the interest payments. Thanks to the Bush administration and then more of the same from his clone Obama...
Any day now they will show up with a u-haul and start carrying out the furniture.
As for enslaving their workers I would define that more as unemploying ours. This outsourcing of jobs to east Asia hurts us... not China.
Well.... that's not the MOST neutral thing I've heard today!:o)

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
When I say US I mean the elitist. They are not hurt by outsourcing jobs, it benefits them. It only hurts the economy because it was orchestrated that way so that UN, IMF, Zeitgeist movement, and other international organizations along with financial intermediaries can step up and further their globalist agendas. mwuhahaha!

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

anonymous wrote:
You think that I'm here to battle you
No, I think you're here to be a homophobic Internet troll.
anonymous wrote:
...when I really wish you'd just shaddup and get back on topic.
Says the guy who has posted so much recently about things other than evolution.
anonymous wrote:
You're paranoid about straights.
I'll have to tell that to all of my straight family members, friends, and coworkers. They'll get a good laugh of it.
anonymous wrote:
Your demands and your omissions absolutely imply that you're gunning for Affirmative Action
What "omissions"? The only "demand" I'm making is for equal rights, especially for equal rights in legal recognition of same-sex marriage.

I fail to see what Affirmative Action has to do with that.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Big or small company, it doesn't really matter as long as I enjoy what I do with some freedom from micro-management. lol
That usually requires that you know more about your job than they do. Even then, expect them to have a self-important attitude about the politics that they bring to the job, and if you easily get frustrated that you've spent years in school to learn a technical specialty that they undermine by making uninformed budget decisions, yet completely keep you isolated from the budgeting process in order to protect their leadership image, then you're not a social climber.

Most likely, you'll be reporting to an idiot who knows all about last weekends sports events and nothing about business, technology or finance. Or you'll be reporting to a female who has a chip on her shoulder about men, and who will hypocritically seek to smother you with a pillow while you sleep.

Your only defense in either situation is to be a married idiot, showing everyone pictures of the kids, letting them know that you're one of the good people who are entitled to something more. And don't rock the boat, EVER!!

(NOW I'm being cynical!)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Smart editor then...reiterate-no use of getting all cussy in vanity about something just 'cuz ya aint got it figured out yet lol.
Wouldn't have been as good for sales either-would've trashed it down quite a few levels, and the impact of the depth of it all, wouldn't have been the same...except for the blaring FACT, that they still "don't know" :-).
Way to avoid the fact that I gave you exactly what you asked for. As a deflection, that's an epic fail.

Oh, and did you mean my use of the word "bastard" when you said "cussy"?

Don't look at me, it's Biblical:
" A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD. " (Deuteronomy 23:2)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 65,981 - 66,000 of106,056
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••