Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#70192 Jan 6, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dna

give me evidence that this advance code can come randomly from a dead rock...

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#70193 Jan 6, 2013
Time and Space wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D na
give me evidence that this advance code can come randomly from a dead rock...
rocks are not dead!

“River of tears flowing out of ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

West Plains

#70194 Jan 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
rocks are not dead!
Pardon? What do you mean?

Long live Rock!

Level 5

above and beyond

#70195 Jan 6, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Pardon? What do you mean?
Long live Rock!
They have energy. They are just more stable than other forms of matter. Hard Rock!

Level 9

West Plains

#70196 Jan 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
They have energy. They are just more stable than other forms of matter. Hard Rock!
Well, I will go along with you that they are forms of matter and all that that entails. But you are you implying that they are living organism?

Hard Rock! But of course.

Level 5

above and beyond

#70197 Jan 6, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I will go along with you that they are forms of matter and all that that entails. But you are you implying that they are living organism?
Hard Rock! But of course.
All matter are made up of atoms including rocks. They are not living organisms. They have kinetic energy and electron motion.

Level 5

above and beyond

#70198 Jan 6, 2013
Atoms have kinetic energy based on thermal energy (the "vibration" of the atom) and also on electron motion. They also have the energy of their mass. This is the energy that would be derived if all of their mass was converted into energy. That's the so-called mass equivalence that Albert Einstein gave us with E=mc2.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_atoms_have_energ...

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#70199 Jan 6, 2013
Instead, you should help him return to the thread's topic, which is evolution vs. creation.
Cybele wrote:
are you anti-social? Is that your phobia?
I don't have any phobias.

Of course, people who try to hijack threads for purposes other than the topic of the thread are certainly acting in an anti-social way, don't you think?

So, what do you think about the debate regarding evolution vs. creationism? Where do you stand on that issue?

Tampa, FL

#70200 Jan 6, 2013
anonymous wrote:
I'll tell you what I think though. This whole thing is about saving face. If you were confident in your convictions, you would have been able to walk away. If Drew was confident in his sense of legal authority, he would be able to walk away.
So, using your own argument, if you had been confident in your position, you wouldn't have responded. Yet you did.

I guess that means you're not very confident.

Tampa, FL

#70201 Jan 6, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
He is intelligent, but he can't stand to be shown that he is wrong. He has a tendency not to read your post but to focus on some, key to him, phrasing and then draw conclusions on that. If you jumped into an exchange between him and someone else, that is between you two, not that it is unusual here. But I dislike the hypocrisy of his getting onto you for that, when he did the same to me.
If his postings were actually coherent, it might be interesting, but he apparently got upset when his homophobic attitude was pointed out (it drove him to make childish remarks about AIDS, to refer to gays as "deviant", and to use that old homophobic cliche of "lifestyle"). His only way out was to whine about off-topic postings, despite the fact that he had spent little time talking about evolution and creationism in most of his postings the last few days.

In any event, I don't buy into the "jumping into an exchange" idea, since this is a public message board. If he wants to exchange in a private debate with another poster, he always has email to do that. Oh, wait, he posts anonymously and unregistered.

That pretty much sums up the typical Internet troll.

Level 9

West Plains

#70202 Jan 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
All matter are made up of atoms including rocks. They are not living organisms. They have kinetic energy and electron motion.
I understand that, I was just wondering where you were going with your statement.

By the way, and I thought I was clear in mentioning this at the time, but just in case I wasn't, I thought that while I am here I would clarify my position on NDE/OBE. While I am skeptical of the meaning of near death experiences and out of body experiences, I recognize the impact they have on the lives of those who have experienced them. My questions aren't about the existence of these experiences, but what they mean. If you were able to gain new and positive insight into your own life from one, that is laudable.

Rock on!

Level 9

West Plains

#70203 Jan 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
Atoms have kinetic energy based on thermal energy (the "vibration" of the atom) and also on electron motion. They also have the energy of their mass. This is the energy that would be derived if all of their mass was converted into energy. That's the so-called mass equivalence that Albert Einstein gave us with E=mc2.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_atoms_have_energ...
That Einstein was a true Rocker.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#70204 Jan 6, 2013
Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't play that game with me...
On the contrary...where is your evidence that life can sprout on it's own, out of rocks?
It can't...
How can rocks suddenly code themselves with millions of messages and genes?
You have no evidence of dead matter, suddenly deciding to create life on it's own...with the complexities involved...
Quit resisting...
Here, read this first:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

Level 5

above and beyond

#70205 Jan 6, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
Instead, you should help him return to the thread's topic, which is evolution vs. creation.
<quoted text>
I don't have any phobias.
Of course, people who try to hijack threads for purposes other than the topic of the thread are certainly acting in an anti-social way, don't you think?
Are you serious? that's an equivocation
Drew Smith wrote:
So, what do you think about the debate regarding evolution vs. creationism? Where do you stand on that issue?
I don't know I just use my own judgement unlike you who just memorize a bunch of fallacies and point out illogical arguments. Don't get me wrong, I love science! lol

Level 9

West Plains

#70206 Jan 6, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
So, using your own argument, if you had been confident in your position, you wouldn't have responded. Yet you did.
I guess that means you're not very confident.
I don't care if he was trying to save face. Hell, I would have left it at that, but he accused me of something in a conversation I was having with someone else, then he accuses you of the same thing. I know we all probably have done it ourselves however intented, but I don't like hyopcrisy and double standards. I think it was Free Willy, that responded to anonymous first attempt on my post by pointing out his hypocrisy of labelling me. This was even before I responded. It isn't like he does this and no one notices.

It is odd, that a person would defend the mentally ill because of the reasons he has stated, but attack others for their sexuality when those people have no more choice in the matter than a mentally ill person has in choosing to have a mental illness. I hope you will not think I am trying to equate the two, they just happen to be the connection between my arguments with anonymous and yours. Still, you would think he would be more open minded.

Anyway, I thought I would throw in my experience if it would help. I don't dislike anonymous, but he needs to reavaluate his tactics or he is going to keep coming up on the short side of the debate.

Level 9

West Plains

#70207 Jan 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? that's an equivocation
<quoted text>
I don't know I just use my own judgement unlike you who just memorize a bunch of fallacies and point out illogical arguments. Don't get me wrong, I love science! lol
You love science. See we have so much in common.

Level 9

West Plains

#70208 Jan 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, read this first:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis
I was reading this and recalled that MazHere recently stated that fungi are not terrestrial surface organisms. I forget the context, but I had meant to reply and got caught with something else. Maz doesn't really know that much about biology does she.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#70209 Jan 6, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang! That's New Testament? There's a way to kill evangelism!
Oh, the Old Testament no longer applies?

So much for Leviticus...

Level 9

West Plains

#70210 Jan 6, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>No I am not saying that. I am saying that if God is not the source of evil, then who is. If evil is outside of God and God's control then he is not omniscient. Not being omniscient he is capable of mistakes.
So if you argue that God is not the source of evil, then what I have laid out is the stand you are taking Rose Tyler.
I am not evil by the way, but I can see it. One of the most evil acts I have every heard is being discussed in the media even now. I weep for those little ones that were so mercilessly destroyed by evil. The evil that is man.
Anonymous from Akron, this is the post where you decided to set me straight on my attacks on handicapped people. I just want to bring it back to refresh your memory on my scathing assault on people with mental illness. Please explain to the group how you went from this post to my attakcing the handicapped.

Let me explain this to you so that you can understand since you seem to be so lax in the area of understanding. I was talking about evil and god and man. We are after all on a "creation" vs evolution thread. So we were heavy on the creation for this discussion. I didn't say anything specific about a particular person although it is clear I am referring to the then current event in the Northeast. You keyed in on what I said, mixed it with your own bias and facts I did not know and went on a tirade. You got busted and now you are crying like a baby trying to crawfish out of it. The nerve have to even complain about Drew doing something similar, if he even did, is indicative of your hypocrisy.

I don't mind that you are touchy about the subject of mental illness. I respect your opinion on the way mentally ill people are treated even today. I don't completely agree with it, but I can respect it.

I don't respect a person like yourself, that does something wrong and doesn't have the courage to admit it. If you want to save face, that would have been the way to do it.
crzzzd

Rochester, PA

#70211 Jan 7, 2013
youtube.com/watch... Birth vs Death? Its goes on for a couple Hundred Years huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min wichita-rick 149,056
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 17 min Cyan in CA 40,426
Ferreting Out The Ferrets 19 min Sam 4
Brewer: I Bought All the Count Chocula to Make ... 29 min Prosperity Fundie... 1
Cappuccino Potato Chips? America Says No 31 min Prosperity Fundie... 2
China's Advice to Citizens: Don't Pick a Stripp... 33 min Prosperity Fundie... 3
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 39 min Cyan in CA 29,805
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 1 hr Crazy Beautiful 6,838
Truck containing 36,000 pounds of Crisco stolen 2 hr JV Team 44
True or False Game 3 hr -CatCiao- 410
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 hr ms_Sweeter 22,238

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE