Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
65,881 - 65,900 of 112,851 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
There are four forces of nature and twelve particles of matter .....
This isn't actually the hard stuff either. You don't know therefore "god" doesn't cut it. You are not even addressing stuff we don't know, which is just willful ignorance on your part. Just say you don't want to learn anything and move on, at least then you'd be honest.
No I'm telling you the heart of the matter.

We're talking about atoms and I brought up sub-atomic particles that consists an atom. Let's focus on that since the topic became about the God Particle.

Or better yet, how did particle produce mass? In other words, where did a nucleus come from?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No I'm telling you the heart of the matter.
We're talking about atoms and I brought up sub-atomic particles that consists an atom. Let's focus on that since the topic became about the God Particle.
Or better yet, how did particle produce mass? In other words, where did a nucleus come from?
You mean the goddamn particle, well thanks to that we now have a natural explanation for how we have mass, that was the entire point of that particle in the first place.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the goddamn particle, well thanks to that we now have a natural explanation for how we have mass, that was the entire point of that particle in the first place.
And what is your understanding about mass?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
And what is your understanding about mass?
Ask a physicist.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Thomas Robertson wrote:
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The Bible tells us that God has a record book of everyone and I would think he has a record of everything.
thewordofme wrote:
Do you think He has a computer nowadays??
Gotta' keep up with the times.
If he does, I wish he would post a message on this thread and settle the question once and for all.
He already has given us a written message, just open a Bible randomly to any page and you will hear from him.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>He already has given us a written message, just open a Bible randomly to any page and you will hear from him.
Where is the evidence that this "message" can even be trusted, much less that it's from a god?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the evidence that this "message" can even be trusted, much less that it's from a god?
He can speak to you and signify that the message is only what you have ask. The evidence is in the answer.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>He can speak to you and signify that the message is only what you have ask. The evidence is in the answer.
To buy something without first requiring evidence is a fool's errand, it makes you gullible. To buy something simply because you want it to be true is the beginning of delusion. Which are you?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I've got a clue. My clue is that you like to engage in long, rambling, pointless posts.
Yeah, I get that.
Not at all like short authoritarian claims, based on judgmental opinions, meaningless statistics and unspoken but deep seated prejudices?

Yep. You're pretty much the same thing as a fundamentalist Christian. Just engaging in class warfare, playing the role of a puppet and not about to listen or add anything of value to this discussion.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Play?
(duh lol)
Presumably, the inference was "play dough". I'm listening to you. You're disrupting me! My assertion that I was setting up was that biologically, there IS an evolutionary precedent for an inherent type of multi-tasking behavior.

It can and does exist in the gene pool, and the political dog-pack mentality is locked in a genocidal form of prejudice, playing a numbers game, and is completely unconcerned with rights and morality.

That is why this discussion goes on and on. That is why nobody is going to be taken seriously when they play for pathos, claiming complete irrationality from the other side. They're just as irrational and won't surrender a single toehold of authority to the real truth. This debate is not about science or religion. It's politics.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>He can speak to you and signify that the message is only what you have ask. The evidence is in the answer.
And that is pure dreck, scientifically speaking.

Don't co-opt science as being supportive of your views. You're living in a private fantasy. You don't care about empirical evidence, scientific hypothesis nor peer review, not even the class-biased definition of "peer" that pervades the scientific community.

You might as well be the village idiot, taking coins for laughs.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
He can speak to you and signify that the message is only what you have ask. The evidence is in the answer.
I've read about a person who tried to solve his problem by closing his eyes, opening the Bible, pointing his finger, and reading the verse where his finger lands.

On the first round, he got "And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself." (Matthew 27:5)

On the second round, he got "Go, and do thou likewise." (Luke 10:37)
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read about a person who tried to solve his problem by closing his eyes, opening the Bible, pointing his finger, and reading the verse where his finger lands.
On the first round, he got "And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself." (Matthew 27:5)
You know that FREESERVENT will probably insist that that WAS God's word, don't you?

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am guilty of that. lol

I started with the bible, then I started doing other books. It's almost like magic. I swear it works all the time for me whether it was a fiction or history book then it became anything. Try it it's fun.

It's called 'stichomancy' or what I like to say the magic touch.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

anonymous wrote:
Not at all like short authoritarian claims
So you're saying that authoritarian claims are ok if they are accompanied by long, pointless rambles?
anonymous wrote:
based on judgmental opinions, meaningless statistics and unspoken but deep seated prejudices?
Funny, but you didn't demonstrate any "meaningless statistics" nor any "prejudices".

But it's good to know that your opinions aren't "judgmental".
anonymous wrote:
You're pretty much the same thing as a fundamentalist Christian. Just engaging in class warfare, playing the role of a puppet and not about to listen or add anything of value to this discussion.
Let us know when you add something of value to this discussion.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I have evidence. When you learn to trust it, it will occur more often.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is pure dreck, scientifically speaking.
Don't co-opt science as being supportive of your views. You're living in a private fantasy. You don't care about empirical evidence, scientific hypothesis nor peer review, not even the class-biased definition of "peer" that pervades the scientific community.
You might as well be the village idiot, taking coins for laughs.
No you are just out of the 'loop'

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I have evidence. When you learn to trust it, it will occur more often.
To buy anything without first seeing the evidence that it's supported by facts is lunacy, making you gullible. To sell something without evidence makes you dishonest. Which are you trying to be?

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
To buy anything without first seeing the evidence that it's supported by facts is lunacy, making you gullible. To sell something without evidence makes you dishonest. Which are you trying to be?
To see is to believe. Go ahead and be skeptical about it. It's not my problem that you can't make it work. Our brain is hardwired to the environment. You are just not aware.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

T-rust the Iron-Y

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

206 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 4 min _Word_Woman_ 53,967
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 9 min Sublime1 14,979
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 11 min Gynger 17,199
Let's have some FUN(NY)... 13 min dragoon70056 15
Word Association (Mar '10) 16 min Bezeer 15,704
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 20 min Parden Pard 39,911
I read the news today, oh boy (Jun '10) 25 min moi 841
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 35 min TenderTink 34,955
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 36 min CJ Rocker 141,332