Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
65,881 - 65,900 of 114,439 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Skepticism has prevented me from being duped by "psychics," honesty and integrity has kept me from being one of those psychics.
Since they serve me well, there is no need to buy another person's delusion.
It's okay you don't need to be part of the circuit. When you learn to get rid of that micro-chip on your shoulder, maybe you'll become the mother board like.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
very very interesting...even outside of books...some Native Americans are able to hear the Earth speak...not in words, but more in the way of intuitions and symbols... I have experienced this directly, and I must say it is the most amazing thing that I have ever experienced. Believe it or not.
I think I'm in love ;-)
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. what an evil joke. Your strokes are in humane. Perhaps you're an example of the necessary evil in this society. The pure capitalistic freedom of the invisible hand that has been proven to be dysfunctional in an economy when encouraged in almost full swing because it causes collective dementia and senility. That's when the age of pure innocence ends. Way to ruin the fountain of youth.
I'm not that big of a capitalist. As I remember it, Soviet Communism wasn't killed by us capitalists, and China isn't too pure in its Communism anymore. That leaves a few looney farms like North Korea and Cuba.

What I see is closer to a decision between self-policing Democracy, or a rule by an aristocracy. If the Soviets were a Communist ideal, it would have succeeded or failed based on the ability to self-police. It seems that China is putting us and our democracy to the same test now, and we are spending ourselves into collapse, just as the we did to the Soviets.

Is it all part of a plan? I can't say, but I do know that people are far more interested in instant gratification so I see the aristocrats winning the chess game, but they may pay for it with eventual revolutions.

With that in mind, I'd like to think that the youth should have something to believe in, but expect hard times. They're a'coming!
Robert

Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I'm in love ;-)
:)

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah! Any weenie can play "I've got a secret". Why shouldn't I just assume that you're defending attention starved children?
Let's say that I'm "sort of" in the loop. At a certain psychological level I imagine paranoia, but block it out emotionally. Why shouldn't I just assume that you're just looking in the mirror, and calling it empathy when it only an echo chamber of your own ego and experiences?
God is a nice word to give a face to your fear of your own trivial, helplessness in a very large universe.
Your grumpy old man is showing. lol

What FEAR are you talking about?

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not that big of a capitalist. As I remember it, Soviet Communism wasn't killed by us capitalists, and China isn't too pure in its Communism anymore. That leaves a few looney farms like North Korea and Cuba.
What I see is closer to a decision between self-policing Democracy, or a rule by an aristocracy. If the Soviets were a Communist ideal, it would have succeeded or failed based on the ability to self-police. It seems that China is putting us and our democracy to the same test now, and we are spending ourselves into collapse, just as the we did to the Soviets.
Is it all part of a plan? I can't say, but I do know that people are far more interested in instant gratification so I see the aristocrats winning the chess game, but they may pay for it with eventual revolutions.
With that in mind, I'd like to think that the youth should have something to believe in, but expect hard times. They're a'coming!
US is enslaving China and their commie government is okay with that because it gives them power but lately it seems they have come to the realization that labor force is the most valuable asset by giving them more pay. Pay up or shut up.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You fear not knowing ... or admitting to not knowing.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You fear not knowing ... or admitting to not knowing.
You have fear of tapping into the unknown.

A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You have fear of tapping into the unknown.
A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
Wait, you think split personalities are healthy?

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, you think split personalities are healthy?
Split personality (or even multiple personalities) is a pathology when the person isn't aware of it. During its initial stages it's unhealthy I must admit. But with increased awareness, it can become useful. I constantly ask myself "Did I do that?" lol

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

anonymous wrote:
Let me know when you've read what I posted and see the meaning.
I've read what you've posted. It has no meaning. It just rambles on as a tirade against...well, who knows? Apparently, you're angry at something, but whatever it is, it doesn't have anything to do with evolution or same-sex marriage or anything that people here have been posting about. So what *is* your problem, exactly?
anonymous wrote:
It seems you belong with the suicide bombers, because you think there are rules when there are none.
Let's see. The suicide bombers think that their god told them to do something involving killing innocent people. I lack any theistic belief, so I can't use any such justification to do immoral things.

Nope, I don't belong with them.
anonymous wrote:
You would have been a fundamentalist but you gamble as if you have nothing to lose. Someday, you'll be used up. Perhaps dying of AIDS in a dark room...
Because, as all homophobes know, gay people always die of AIDS. Or is just the ones that advocate in favor of same-sex marriage?
anonymous wrote:
You're a deviant and whether or not you find shame in that, you are and will always be looked upon as one.
Says the patently obvious homophobe.
anonymous wrote:
You respect immorality and not morality.
anonymous wrote:
You need medicine but don't make medicines. You're all messed up on the inside, and if it weren't for the anonymity of this forum, you'd be in a straitjacket by now.
Right, that's why I use my real name and city while you post as "anonymous". Which of us appears to be more fearful of being placed in a straitjacket because of their ramblings?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read what you've posted. It has no meaning. It just rambles on as a tirade against...well, who knows? Apparently, you're angry at something, but whatever it is, it doesn't have anything to do with evolution or same-sex marriage or anything that people here have been posting about. So what *is* your problem, exactly?
<quoted text>
Let's see. The suicide bombers think that their god told them to do something involving killing innocent people. I lack any theistic belief, so I can't use any such justification to do immoral things.
Nope, I don't belong with them.
<quoted text>
Because, as all homophobes know, gay people always die of AIDS. Or is just the ones that advocate in favor of same-sex marriage?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Right, that's why I use my real name and city while you post as "anonymous". Which of us appears to be more fearful of being placed in a straitjacket because of their ramblings?
Blah! Blah! Blah!

You don't see fit to defend your lifestyle. You're judging my posts as homophobic and worthy of being having me placed in a straightjacket. No sense of honor among peers. Never will be.

I remain anonymous for many reasons, but I am perfectly aware that the people I fear could trace things through network logs, if it was that important. Other than that, the occasional stalker does concern me but more than anything, I worry about H.R. people profiling me and stifling my political voice.

You may like the choice to use your name, but you may find yourself losing opportunities because of it. That's a friendly warning. H.R. people don't like political fanatics, and maybe other things.

...and of course, I've already stated that I consider the Gay agenda to be about pushing Affirmative Action for Gays. Everything has come full circle, but you think that it's all about rules and you deny your own sense of legal vigilantism, so there we are.

No meaning.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
The fear that defines most inner feelings, intuition, etc.

Pleasure is something people don't put much planning into, so I don't think it plays much of a part, other than with people who have nothing left but kinky fantasies. If a person is that far gone, they're a bit unstable. Otherwise, Freudian slips may happen, but I think most people tend to bluff and pretend those are deliberate when they happen. It's all about fear.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The Bible tells us that God has a record book of everyone and I would think he has a record of everything.
thewordofme wrote:
Do you think He has a computer nowadays??
Gotta' keep up with the times.
If he does, I wish he would post a message on this thread and settle the question once and for all.
Ramen brother

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

anonymous wrote:
You don't see fit to defend your lifestyle.
I don't have a "lifestyle". I have a life.
anonymous wrote:
You're judging my posts as homophobic and worthy of being having me placed in a straightjacket.
Says the guy who already said that I should be placed in a straitjacket. Do you even read your own postings?
anonymous wrote:
You may like the choice to use your name, but you may find yourself losing opportunities because of it.
Ask me if I'm worried.
anonymous wrote:
H.R. people don't like political fanatics, and maybe other things.
Sorry to disappoint you, but my H.R. isn't in any position to object to my political postings.
anonymous wrote:
I've already stated that I consider the Gay agenda to be about pushing Affirmative Action for Gays.
Let us know when companies are required by law to hire gays under a quota system.

In the meantime, the only agenda I'll be supporting is the one where gays get equal rights. Not some agenda imagined by homophobes.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

McMurdo Station

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>He already has given us a written message, just open a Bible randomly to any page and you will hear from him.
Sorry to bust your bubble my friend...the Bible is solely written by man and not 'God inspired'....just like ALL other religious books.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
US is enslaving China and their commie government is okay with that because it gives them power but lately it seems they have come to the realization that labor force is the most valuable asset by giving them more pay. Pay up or shut up.
Well, that's another possibility.

If the U.S. wanted to undermine Communism in China, demonstrating the improved lifestyle that comes with industrialization could trigger unrest with the public. Keep in mind though, 20 years ago, that government was completely willing to crack down on dissenters, pitting battle tanks against unarmed students in Tiananmen Square. Also keep in mind, we are a nation one quarter of the population of China. Industrialization of a country THAT large is dangerous and the lost jobs in the western world are highly destabilizing.

Throw in other factors like the Kyoto Accords,currency manipulation, changes in import laws due to the inevitability of globalization, the eventual loss of global oil supplies, etc. and it's anyone's guess what will happen in the not-so-distant future, but I can't imagine it will happen peacefully! That's like a "Peace in our Time" joke.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a "lifestyle". I have a life.
<quoted text>
Says the guy who already said that I should be placed in a straitjacket. Do you even read your own postings?
<quoted text>
Ask me if I'm worried.
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you, but my H.R. isn't in any position to object to my political postings.
<quoted text>
Let us know when companies are required by law to hire gays under a quota system.
In the meantime, the only agenda I'll be supporting is the one where gays get equal rights. Not some agenda imagined by homophobes.
Ooooohhh! You have a life, not a lifestyle! Wow! Stop the presses! And who said that I think you should be in a straitjacket? I'm betting that you aren't ready to take your battle out of your secret places. Doing so, well then I think you'd lose your grip!

Just look at what you've just posted. Completely in control, are you? It's all about rights! Rights to what?...a lifestyle. This is YOUR ego trip. Nobody has to respect you. Nobody has to keep from smiling to each other and winking and ...YOU ...CAN'T ...CONTROL ...THAT! But you WILL try. Use IT! You WILL use it! <wink!> ;)

Denial. No meaning.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
if it weren't for the anonymity of this forum, blah blah blah
I agree. We all use this as an outlet to have a voice. I think we're all here for the same reason. When I'm done with this distance learning program, I'm going to focus on playing my role all over again in the real-world called the work place while I get a life.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. We all use this as an outlet to have a voice. I think we're all here for the same reason. When I'm done with this distance learning program, I'm going to focus on playing my role all over again in the real-world called the work place while I get a life.
That sounds like a young person speaking.

You don't sound like a social climber to begin with so I don't know how much you'll learn from us misfits! If you like to make waves, avoid the big companies and pick a small company that suits your lifestyle.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••