Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#70111 Jan 6, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is pure dreck, scientifically speaking.
Don't co-opt science as being supportive of your views. You're living in a private fantasy. You don't care about empirical evidence, scientific hypothesis nor peer review, not even the class-biased definition of "peer" that pervades the scientific community.
You might as well be the village idiot, taking coins for laughs.
No you are just out of the 'loop'

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#70112 Jan 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I have evidence. When you learn to trust it, it will occur more often.
To buy anything without first seeing the evidence that it's supported by facts is lunacy, making you gullible. To sell something without evidence makes you dishonest. Which are you trying to be?

Level 5

above and beyond

#70113 Jan 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
To buy anything without first seeing the evidence that it's supported by facts is lunacy, making you gullible. To sell something without evidence makes you dishonest. Which are you trying to be?
To see is to believe. Go ahead and be skeptical about it. It's not my problem that you can't make it work. Our brain is hardwired to the environment. You are just not aware.

Level 5

above and beyond

#70114 Jan 6, 2013
T-rust the Iron-Y
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#70115 Jan 6, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying that authoritarian claims are ok if they are accompanied by long, pointless rambles?
<quoted text>
Funny, but you didn't demonstrate any "meaningless statistics" nor any "prejudices".
But it's good to know that your opinions aren't "judgmental".
<quoted text>
Let us know when you add something of value to this discussion.
Let me know when you've read what I posted and see the meaning. It's not like I haven't already explained the the method, it's just that apparently you're not what you think you are. Oh, well. I try to show respect but you don't understand it when it's offered. It seems you belong with the suicide bombers, because you think there are rules when there are none. You're.... YOU!

You would have been a fundamentalist but you gamble as if you have nothing to lose. Someday, you'll be used up. Perhaps dying of AIDS in a dark room, perhaps getting killed in some petulant act of defiance, and all without learning that simple truth. No rules, yet not to be trusted to show any kind of personal honor, because you don't understand.

You're a deviant and whether or not you find shame in that, you are and will always be looked upon as one. You step into a punch rather than block it. You respect immorality and not morality. You need medicine but don't make medicines. You're all messed up on the inside, and if it weren't for the anonymity of this forum, you'd be in a straitjacket by now.

Until you see meaning, whether or not you agree;

Authoritarian claims, judgmental behavior and so on and so on.....
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#70116 Jan 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are just out of the 'loop'
Yeah! Any weenie can play "I've got a secret". Why shouldn't I just assume that you're defending attention starved children?

Let's say that I'm "sort of" in the loop. At a certain psychological level I imagine paranoia, but block it out emotionally. Why shouldn't I just assume that you're just looking in the mirror, and calling it empathy when it only an echo chamber of your own ego and experiences?

God is a nice word to give a face to your fear of your own trivial, helplessness in a very large universe.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#70117 Jan 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
To see is to believe. Go ahead and be skeptical about it. It's not my problem that you can't make it work. Our brain is hardwired to the environment. You are just not aware.
Skepticism has prevented me from being duped by "psychics," honesty and integrity has kept me from being one of those psychics.

Since they serve me well, there is no need to buy another person's delusion.

Level 5

above and beyond

#70118 Jan 6, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me know when you've read what I posted and see the meaning. It's not like I haven't already explained the the method, it's just that apparently you're not what you think you are. Oh, well. I try to show respect but you don't understand it when it's offered. It seems you belong with the suicide bombers, because you think there are rules when there are none. You're.... YOU!
You would have been a fundamentalist but you gamble as if you have nothing to lose. Someday, you'll be used up. Perhaps dying of AIDS in a dark room, perhaps getting killed in some petulant act of defiance, and all without learning that simple truth. No rules, yet not to be trusted to show any kind of personal honor, because you don't understand.
You're a deviant and whether or not you find shame in that, you are and will always be looked upon as one. You step into a punch rather than block it. You respect immorality and not morality. You need medicine but don't make medicines. You're all messed up on the inside, and if it weren't for the anonymity of this forum, you'd be in a straitjacket by now.
Until you see meaning, whether or not you agree;
Authoritarian claims, judgmental behavior and so on and so on.....
Wow. what an evil joke. Your strokes are in humane. Perhaps you're an example of the necessary evil in this society. The pure capitalistic freedom of the invisible hand that has been proven to be dysfunctional in an economy when encouraged in almost full swing because it causes collective dementia and senility. That's when the age of pure innocence ends. Way to ruin the fountain of youth.
Robert

Prestonsburg, KY

#70119 Jan 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I am guilty of that. lol
I started with the bible, then I started doing other books. It's almost like magic. I swear it works all the time for me whether it was a fiction or history book then it became anything. Try it it's fun.
It's called 'stichomancy' or what I like to say the magic touch.
very very interesting...even outside of books...some Native Americans are able to hear the Earth speak...not in words, but more in the way of intuitions and symbols... I have experienced this directly, and I must say it is the most amazing thing that I have ever experienced. Believe it or not.

Level 5

above and beyond

#70120 Jan 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Skepticism has prevented me from being duped by "psychics," honesty and integrity has kept me from being one of those psychics.
Since they serve me well, there is no need to buy another person's delusion.
It's okay you don't need to be part of the circuit. When you learn to get rid of that micro-chip on your shoulder, maybe you'll become the mother board like.

Level 5

above and beyond

#70121 Jan 6, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
very very interesting...even outside of books...some Native Americans are able to hear the Earth speak...not in words, but more in the way of intuitions and symbols... I have experienced this directly, and I must say it is the most amazing thing that I have ever experienced. Believe it or not.
I think I'm in love ;-)
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#70122 Jan 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. what an evil joke. Your strokes are in humane. Perhaps you're an example of the necessary evil in this society. The pure capitalistic freedom of the invisible hand that has been proven to be dysfunctional in an economy when encouraged in almost full swing because it causes collective dementia and senility. That's when the age of pure innocence ends. Way to ruin the fountain of youth.
I'm not that big of a capitalist. As I remember it, Soviet Communism wasn't killed by us capitalists, and China isn't too pure in its Communism anymore. That leaves a few looney farms like North Korea and Cuba.

What I see is closer to a decision between self-policing Democracy, or a rule by an aristocracy. If the Soviets were a Communist ideal, it would have succeeded or failed based on the ability to self-police. It seems that China is putting us and our democracy to the same test now, and we are spending ourselves into collapse, just as the we did to the Soviets.

Is it all part of a plan? I can't say, but I do know that people are far more interested in instant gratification so I see the aristocrats winning the chess game, but they may pay for it with eventual revolutions.

With that in mind, I'd like to think that the youth should have something to believe in, but expect hard times. They're a'coming!
Robert

Prestonsburg, KY

#70123 Jan 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I'm in love ;-)
:)

Level 5

above and beyond

#70124 Jan 6, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah! Any weenie can play "I've got a secret". Why shouldn't I just assume that you're defending attention starved children?
Let's say that I'm "sort of" in the loop. At a certain psychological level I imagine paranoia, but block it out emotionally. Why shouldn't I just assume that you're just looking in the mirror, and calling it empathy when it only an echo chamber of your own ego and experiences?
God is a nice word to give a face to your fear of your own trivial, helplessness in a very large universe.
Your grumpy old man is showing. lol

What FEAR are you talking about?

Level 5

above and beyond

#70125 Jan 6, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not that big of a capitalist. As I remember it, Soviet Communism wasn't killed by us capitalists, and China isn't too pure in its Communism anymore. That leaves a few looney farms like North Korea and Cuba.
What I see is closer to a decision between self-policing Democracy, or a rule by an aristocracy. If the Soviets were a Communist ideal, it would have succeeded or failed based on the ability to self-police. It seems that China is putting us and our democracy to the same test now, and we are spending ourselves into collapse, just as the we did to the Soviets.
Is it all part of a plan? I can't say, but I do know that people are far more interested in instant gratification so I see the aristocrats winning the chess game, but they may pay for it with eventual revolutions.
With that in mind, I'd like to think that the youth should have something to believe in, but expect hard times. They're a'coming!
US is enslaving China and their commie government is okay with that because it gives them power but lately it seems they have come to the realization that labor force is the most valuable asset by giving them more pay. Pay up or shut up.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#70126 Jan 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Your grumpy old man is showing. lol
What FEAR are you talking about?
You fear not knowing ... or admitting to not knowing.

Level 5

above and beyond

#70127 Jan 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You fear not knowing ... or admitting to not knowing.
You have fear of tapping into the unknown.

A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#70128 Jan 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You have fear of tapping into the unknown.
A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
Wait, you think split personalities are healthy?

Level 5

above and beyond

#70129 Jan 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, you think split personalities are healthy?
Split personality (or even multiple personalities) is a pathology when the person isn't aware of it. During its initial stages it's unhealthy I must admit. But with increased awareness, it can become useful. I constantly ask myself "Did I do that?" lol

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#70130 Jan 6, 2013
anonymous wrote:
Let me know when you've read what I posted and see the meaning.
I've read what you've posted. It has no meaning. It just rambles on as a tirade against...well, who knows? Apparently, you're angry at something, but whatever it is, it doesn't have anything to do with evolution or same-sex marriage or anything that people here have been posting about. So what *is* your problem, exactly?
anonymous wrote:
It seems you belong with the suicide bombers, because you think there are rules when there are none.
Let's see. The suicide bombers think that their god told them to do something involving killing innocent people. I lack any theistic belief, so I can't use any such justification to do immoral things.

Nope, I don't belong with them.
anonymous wrote:
You would have been a fundamentalist but you gamble as if you have nothing to lose. Someday, you'll be used up. Perhaps dying of AIDS in a dark room...
Because, as all homophobes know, gay people always die of AIDS. Or is just the ones that advocate in favor of same-sex marriage?
anonymous wrote:
You're a deviant and whether or not you find shame in that, you are and will always be looked upon as one.
Says the patently obvious homophobe.
anonymous wrote:
You respect immorality and not morality.
Says the patently obvious homophobe.
anonymous wrote:
You need medicine but don't make medicines. You're all messed up on the inside, and if it weren't for the anonymity of this forum, you'd be in a straitjacket by now.
Right, that's why I use my real name and city while you post as "anonymous". Which of us appears to be more fearful of being placed in a straitjacket because of their ramblings?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 6 min Sublime1 7,987
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 7 min CJ Rocker 4,185
last word - first (Jun '12) 8 min Vector aka Victor... 7,210
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 9 min Mega Monster 6,715
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 10 min CJ Rocker 3,766
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min Proud To Be Trina 150,995
One word~~multiple meanings! (Oct '13) 12 min -CatCiao- 717
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 42 min Grace Nerissa 37,480
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr -Lea- 23,923
Bill Cosby 3 hr FTW Forever 176

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE