Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,293)

Showing posts 65,841 - 65,860 of111,789
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Cybele wrote:
The anthropomorphic God of the Bible is obviously a male
neutral observer wrote:
Jesus perhaps but where does it state in the Bible that God has a physical body? Is the Jewish/Christian/Moslem god not a spiritual being?
The Moslem god is obviously biased.
Their religion promises an entourage of sex slaves for every men who lives a good Moslem life, but promises nothing for every woman who lives a good Moslem life.

“Somewhere in time...”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly...it is intuitional knowledge.
("Intuition is the ability to acquire knowledge without inference and/or the use of reason.")
(and I might add... this is basically why all primitive cultures have a concept of a creator, in some form or another.)

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not....
Chemistry is true...
But every thing invented, that you use today, every product that you use...did not magically just come to be...or exist...
Someone, a chemist, arraingend the chemicals, heat ect ect...combinations, to get desired product...
Aluminum cans didn't just put themselves together through chance evolution...ok...
Chemical reactions occur without guidance, without the need for any "designer," all natural science is based on this. Chemists use this fact as well, aluminum is also metallurgy, not chemistry, it's refining the metals in the rock and then mixing them, like soup. No chemical reactions there, actually.

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you have no idea of the present state of abiogenesis.
You make countless claims of what had to happen without giving any evidence that supports those claims.
As the great Hitch said, Claims made without any evidence can be dismissed without any evidence.
You need to try harder.
Nor is there any evidence of life coming out of inordinate matter...

Inordinate lifeless elements cannot ever, will not ever, produce life...

get over it...

It has no reason to...dust will remain dust for trillions of years, until a master, intellegent chemist entity, comes along and arranges the chemicals in a way that can produce life...
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsk! Tsk! You don't really have a Zen approach to things! Remember my little essay on pain and pleasure? Question: What would be the equation if say, birds or cats or dinosaurs, had 1 or 2 bit responses to pain and pleasure, but quantified on a two or three bit level of parallelism?
You know, I used to think we were all the same inside, like the "rainbow power" preachers like to claim. Bad assumption! Bad monkey! Bad me! ;D
Okay-tag you're it then! Bad you lol.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
get over it...
It has no reason to...dust will remain dust for trillions of years, until a master, intellegent chemist entity, comes along and arranges the chemicals in a way that can produce life...
Really? You have evidence of this assertion? Life had to come from non-life ultimately, and you deny both the naturalistic possibilities and the possibility of supernatural events. Which means life had to always exist.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
get over it...
DUGWAY PROVING GROUND, Utah ó After a seven-year, 2.9 billion-mile round trip, NASA's Stardust space capsule floated down to a landing in the Utah desert early Sunday, bringing back interstellar dust and comet samples that scientists hope will yield clues to the origins of the solar system....

.....Stardustís sample return is the latest mission designed to study comets up close....

Six months earlier, NASA sent a probe called Deep Impact into the path of an onrushing comet. The high-speed collision with Comet Tempel 1 set off a celestial fireworks display in space and exposed the cometís primordial interior. Scientists have been analyzing the voluminous debris hurled from the cometís belly and are trying to figure out the size of the crater caused by the impact....

MSNBCStaff. Capsule of Comet Dust lands back on Earth. NBCNews-SPACE. 1/15/2006

Pancakes with syrup and bacon in moderation (HECK YEAH!) or Eggs, Biscuits and Gravy lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
Cybele wrote:
The anthropomorphic God of the Bible is obviously a male
neutral observer wrote:
Jesus perhaps but where does it state in the Bible that God has a physical body? Is the Jewish/Christian/Moslem god not a spiritual being?
The Moslem god is obviously biased.
Their religion promises an entourage of sex slaves for every men who lives a good Moslem life, but promises nothing for every woman who lives a good Moslem life.
Ah say Kirk, did you fathom the StarDusts mission?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay-tag you're it then! Bad you lol.
Doh!

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You have evidence of this assertion? Life had to come from non-life ultimately, and you deny both the naturalistic possibilities and the possibility of supernatural events. Which means life had to always exist.
Quit reisiting me and grow...

Your fear of the 'Christian god' doesn't mean there isn't an intellegent creator beyond human comprehension...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Most resist the idea of a creator...simply because religion has attached judgment and condemnation, as traits of this creator or creators or spirits or superior beings...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit reisiting me and grow...
Your fear of the 'Christian god' doesn't mean there isn't an intellegent creator beyond human comprehension...
Why are you projecting? I cannot fear what is myth.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and oxygen did not appear until long after the first stars appeared. So the Bible is wrong again.
Did the hydrogen become light?
drinK the Hive

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Switching From Space/Time 2 Time/Space?- What Does This Even Mean?...

http://i54.tinypic.com/kb6g51.jpg

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Did the hydrogen become light?
Wow, your complete and total lack of comprehension is astounding. How do you manage to dress yourself?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, your complete and total lack of comprehension is astounding. How do you manage to dress yourself?
One leg at a time......
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Doh!
Play?

(duh lol)
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

I think it is obvious the light was lit.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Time and Space wrote:
Most resist the idea of a creator...simply because religion has attached judgment and condemnation, as traits of this creator or creators or spirits or superior beings...
"Many" rather than "most" would read truer, and so would "because indoctrination" rather than "religion") has attached.. etc...

Mostly...because.. a person can...for example, "religiously" brush their teeth, or "religiously" drink two cups of coffee each day, neither of which "ritual" will have perpetuated any sort of religious "indoctrination" upon them.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
Please...you don't know what I know...
Life does not come from, magicaly spring from, dead, lifeless, non-bio matter or elements...that's science...
Enlighten me Oh wise one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 65,841 - 65,860 of111,789
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••