Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#70029 Jan 5, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If God created space/time, then he would be outside of space/time and therefore be infinite in nature.
( This idea is referenced by many through out history.)
Even the latest developments in Quantum Physics support this concept with the Observer Effect.
AND the "God Particle".

(Good choice, and applause lol)
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#70030 Jan 5, 2013
"The search for the ultimate particle began with a Greek philosopher named Democritus, Lederman writes, who managed to postulate the existence of the ``a-tom''--in spite of an unaccommodating myth-based culture, the scorn and amusement of his peers, and a total lack of... any concrete proof..."

Lederman, Leon. The God Particle. If the Universe Is the Answer, What Is the Question? Houghton Mifflin, 1993. 352. Print.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#70031 Jan 5, 2013
Time and Space wrote:
You don't get 'guts'...and strands of DNA, RNA with millions of coded messages, out of inatimate space dust...
Get over it...
Amino acids, alcohol, water, & complex organic compounds have all been detected in interstellar space.

Also in the interiors of meteorites found on earth, and in the tails of comets that the earth frequently passes through.

Get over it...
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#70032 Jan 5, 2013
Subject:
Philosophy
Subject:
General science
Subject:
Science
Subject:
Physics
Subject:
History
Subject:
Cosmology
Subject:
Science -- Philosophy.
Subject:
Matter -- Constitution.
Subject:
History of Science-General

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#70033 Jan 5, 2013
Time and Space wrote:
The more I look at the complexeties of living organisms...the more I'm convenced there is a creator...or maybe a whole bunch of creators...
None of this is happen chance...
exactly...it is intuitional knowledge.

("Intuition is the ability to acquire knowledge without inference and/or the use of reason.")

Location hidden

#70034 Jan 5, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
AND the "God Particle".
(Good choice, and applause lol)
(TY)

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#70035 Jan 5, 2013
Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly...there has to be a 'master chemist' there to arrange chemicals in the proper order...
Just as man takes dust, and arranges it into whatever he wants, through chemistry...but there has to be someone or something to orchestrate it...
Clearly you have no idea of the present state of abiogenesis.

You make countless claims of what had to happen without giving any evidence that supports those claims.

As the great Hitch said, Claims made without any evidence can be dismissed without any evidence.

You need to try harder.

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#70036 Jan 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So basically you're saying chemistry itself is all a lie.
Of course not....

Chemistry is true...

But every thing invented, that you use today, every product that you use...did not magically just come to be...or exist...

Someone, a chemist, arraingend the chemicals, heat ect ect...combinations, to get desired product...

Aluminum cans didn't just put themselves together through chance evolution...ok...

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#70037 Jan 5, 2013
Cybele wrote:
The anthropomorphic God of the Bible is obviously a male
neutral observer wrote:
Jesus perhaps but where does it state in the Bible that God has a physical body? Is the Jewish/Christian/Moslem god not a spiritual being?
The Moslem god is obviously biased.
Their religion promises an entourage of sex slaves for every men who lives a good Moslem life, but promises nothing for every woman who lives a good Moslem life.

Location hidden

#70038 Jan 5, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly...it is intuitional knowledge.
("Intuition is the ability to acquire knowledge without inference and/or the use of reason.")
(and I might add... this is basically why all primitive cultures have a concept of a creator, in some form or another.)

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#70039 Jan 5, 2013
Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not....
Chemistry is true...
But every thing invented, that you use today, every product that you use...did not magically just come to be...or exist...
Someone, a chemist, arraingend the chemicals, heat ect ect...combinations, to get desired product...
Aluminum cans didn't just put themselves together through chance evolution...ok...
Chemical reactions occur without guidance, without the need for any "designer," all natural science is based on this. Chemists use this fact as well, aluminum is also metallurgy, not chemistry, it's refining the metals in the rock and then mixing them, like soup. No chemical reactions there, actually.

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

#70040 Jan 5, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you have no idea of the present state of abiogenesis.
You make countless claims of what had to happen without giving any evidence that supports those claims.
As the great Hitch said, Claims made without any evidence can be dismissed without any evidence.
You need to try harder.
Nor is there any evidence of life coming out of inordinate matter...

Inordinate lifeless elements cannot ever, will not ever, produce life...

get over it...

It has no reason to...dust will remain dust for trillions of years, until a master, intellegent chemist entity, comes along and arranges the chemicals in a way that can produce life...
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#70041 Jan 5, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsk! Tsk! You don't really have a Zen approach to things! Remember my little essay on pain and pleasure? Question: What would be the equation if say, birds or cats or dinosaurs, had 1 or 2 bit responses to pain and pleasure, but quantified on a two or three bit level of parallelism?
You know, I used to think we were all the same inside, like the "rainbow power" preachers like to claim. Bad assumption! Bad monkey! Bad me! ;D
Okay-tag you're it then! Bad you lol.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#70042 Jan 5, 2013
Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
get over it...
It has no reason to...dust will remain dust for trillions of years, until a master, intellegent chemist entity, comes along and arranges the chemicals in a way that can produce life...
Really? You have evidence of this assertion? Life had to come from non-life ultimately, and you deny both the naturalistic possibilities and the possibility of supernatural events. Which means life had to always exist.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#70043 Jan 5, 2013
Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
get over it...
DUGWAY PROVING GROUND, Utah ó After a seven-year, 2.9 billion-mile round trip, NASA's Stardust space capsule floated down to a landing in the Utah desert early Sunday, bringing back interstellar dust and comet samples that scientists hope will yield clues to the origins of the solar system....

.....Stardustís sample return is the latest mission designed to study comets up close....

Six months earlier, NASA sent a probe called Deep Impact into the path of an onrushing comet. The high-speed collision with Comet Tempel 1 set off a celestial fireworks display in space and exposed the cometís primordial interior. Scientists have been analyzing the voluminous debris hurled from the cometís belly and are trying to figure out the size of the crater caused by the impact....

MSNBCStaff. Capsule of Comet Dust lands back on Earth. NBCNews-SPACE. 1/15/2006

Pancakes with syrup and bacon in moderation (HECK YEAH!) or Eggs, Biscuits and Gravy lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#70044 Jan 5, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
Cybele wrote:
The anthropomorphic God of the Bible is obviously a male
neutral observer wrote:
Jesus perhaps but where does it state in the Bible that God has a physical body? Is the Jewish/Christian/Moslem god not a spiritual being?
The Moslem god is obviously biased.
Their religion promises an entourage of sex slaves for every men who lives a good Moslem life, but promises nothing for every woman who lives a good Moslem life.
Ah say Kirk, did you fathom the StarDusts mission?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#70045 Jan 5, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay-tag you're it then! Bad you lol.
Doh!

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

#70046 Jan 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You have evidence of this assertion? Life had to come from non-life ultimately, and you deny both the naturalistic possibilities and the possibility of supernatural events. Which means life had to always exist.
Quit reisiting me and grow...

Your fear of the 'Christian god' doesn't mean there isn't an intellegent creator beyond human comprehension...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

#70047 Jan 5, 2013
Most resist the idea of a creator...simply because religion has attached judgment and condemnation, as traits of this creator or creators or spirits or superior beings...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#70048 Jan 5, 2013
Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit reisiting me and grow...
Your fear of the 'Christian god' doesn't mean there isn't an intellegent creator beyond human comprehension...
Why are you projecting? I cannot fear what is myth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
things women should do. (Jul '11) 3 min Petal Power 140
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min who am I now 20,507
a thread to vent about anything (Jun '11) 4 min Petal Power 253
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min CJ Rocker 147,199
Name 3 things better then sex or money .... 6 min Petal Power 14
Things Not To Say In Bed (Oct '11) 11 min wichita-rick 2,544
spirit girl i aint warnin you know more 21 min Petal Power 68
I Like..... (Mar '14) 1 hr ms_Sweeter 323
•••

Weird People Search