Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69928 Jan 4, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
If a Creationist were to bring solid evidence here concerning intelligent design in nature, all we would get from the Evos would be the sound of crickets.
Hey, maybe.

As it happens though it's the other way around.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69929 Jan 4, 2013
Cybele wrote:
You will never comprehend the meaning of God and soul and why people succumb to the idea because you are in denial of yourself.
Actually I suspect we'll never understand it because proponents of the concepts can provide nothing but bad philosophical ramblings.

Because in the end, no-one on Earth knows more about God than anyone else does period.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69930 Jan 4, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
The anthropomorphic God of the Bible is obviously a male
It's certainly portrayed that way.

Not that it makes sense of course.

Do Gods even need dangly bits?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#69931 Jan 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are distorting my assertions and words in an attempt to make yourself feel better. Interesting how hard you will work just to avoid facing the mirror, no? How could I be in denial of being human, I fully know and admit that I am human, a member of the great apes that have proven dominance over the other animals by our own intelligence. So what am I denying? Sounds as if you are too frightened to face reality, really. Either because you wasted your life so you grasp at the fantasy that there is more after, or you are guilty of something you know is wrong so you hold onto a "forgiving" super power that is capable of overturning your own conscience. You have become an even more complex and thus more interesting subject.
Now the excuse of "eccentric" side, does that actually make you feel better about being different? You should not feel upset about being different, it is our differences that make our species strong. Then your attempt to claim that I called creativity a pathology, that's interesting. Please explain what drove you to that conclusion.
So you think there is something psychologically wrong with me based on my opinions I have stated here and my linguistic pattern, right? I call that creativity. I play the game of Life. But unlike you, I tend to be drawn to something larger than life. And life becomes great when you look at it that way. It opens up a whole new perspective.

Your sexuality is not the issue, it's your perspective.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69932 Jan 4, 2013
Cybele wrote:
Your sexuality is not the issue
Seems to be, as it seems to be always other people who bring it up.

Level 5

above and beyond

#69933 Jan 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I suspect we'll never understand it because proponents of the concepts can provide nothing but bad philosophical ramblings.
Because in the end, no-one on Earth knows more about God than anyone else does period.
Dude, are you in denial too or you just want to be cool? lol.

To be honest, I don't really like to go to church or throw bible verses here to preach. But that doesn't make it cooler than the high-minded ones. It just makes me feel more connected.

Level 5

above and beyond

#69934 Jan 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to be, as it seems to be always other people who bring it up.
you misquoted me

“Time will tell...”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#69935 Jan 4, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't think it does. If you define intelligence as a measurable quantity, then it must be finite, while stupidity, potentially having a measurable value of zero, would be a divide-by-0 value of infinity.
Just saying.
Now, if you consider the possibility of negative intelligence, you'll have to think with real numbers, but that might be assigning a bias to the term "intelligence", so really, it may be better to stop finding intelligence where there is none!.....other than in bad poetry!
While you might consider the Universe a refection of negative intelligence... I think I'll stick with the opinions of people like Edison and Einstein on such matters.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69936 Jan 4, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as many states had such laws (even some in their constitutions) against *interracial* marriage until the US Supreme Court's 1967 decision in the Loving v. Virginia case.
<quoted text>
I guess you missed the fact that same-sex marriage is also legal in Maryland, Washington state, and Iowa.
<quoted text>
And considering your grasp of the facts, we all know what trust we can place in your predictions.
<quoted text>
Yeah, the legal recognition of same-sex marriage can be such an obstruction to homophobia.
Denial is not how I'd prepare for hard times.

It's true that the states had laws against inter-racial marriage until that decision. That doesn't even begin to make you think about how the law really works, does it?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69937 Jan 4, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
While you might consider the Universe a refection of negative intelligence... I think I'll stick with the opinions of people like Edison and Einstein on such matters.
Whatever, but their poetry stinks!!:)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69938 Jan 4, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, are you in denial too or you just want to be cool? lol.
What exactly is it do you claim I am denying?
Cybele wrote:
To be honest, I don't really like to go to church or throw bible verses here to preach. But that doesn't make it cooler than the high-minded ones. It just makes me feel more connected.
Connected to what?

“Time will tell...”

Location hidden

#69939 Jan 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoops, my bad. I mistook you for Bo. Not too surprising based on the writings though.
However, note to all fundies - the admission of error. Something few fundies are capable of.
Actually dude, he is 100% right.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69940 Jan 4, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
you misquoted me
I was talking more generically, as a lot of people other than kitten have brought it up.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69941 Jan 4, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually dude, he is 100% right.
No he ain't. If he were he'd be able to provide scientific evidence. Instead he just whined about how creo's can't and in his opinion if they ever could we would reject it for philosophical/theological reasons. Well that may be true if he's talking about fundie atheists, but the fact of the matter is that science doesn't give two hoots about theism or atheism.

“Time will tell...”

Location hidden

#69942 Jan 4, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
If a Creationist were to bring solid evidence here concerning intelligent design in nature, all we would get from the Evos would be the sound of crickets.
don't ever mistake this to be a thread to an unbiased scientific endeavor...it's politically motivated through and through...

“Time will tell...”

Location hidden

#69943 Jan 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No he ain't. If he were he'd be able to provide scientific evidence. Instead he just whined about how creo's can't and in his opinion if they ever could we would reject it for philosophical/theological reasons. Well that may be true if he's talking about fundie atheists, but the fact of the matter is that science doesn't give two hoots about theism or atheism.
Dude even you admitted a while back, that there could be no amount of scientific evidences that would convince you of the existence of God. So why do you all clammer on about proof that you would not except anyway? Geez.

“Time will tell...”

Location hidden

#69944 Jan 4, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever, but their poetry stinks!!:)
(never really read any poetry by Einstein)

Before God

I want to know God's thoughts;
the rest are details.
God does not play dice with the universe.
God is subtle, but not malicious;
clever, but not dishonest.
God does not care about our mathematical difficulties.
He integrates empirically.

Albert Einstein
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#69945 Jan 4, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
And you brought up the subject, why don't you state your own opinion?
I already have-time and time again, and that hasn't changed an iota.

I find the type of work being done at CERN, amazing.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#69946 Jan 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Well stated :-).
Mother Mary

Chicago, IL

#69947 Jan 4, 2013
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Freak, just live knowing you are a Freak. It works.
Freak? Aint pretending fun MS100? The internet sucks!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it possible to....... 22 min wichita-rick 613
Should the St Patricks Day parade be open to th... 53 min Wolftracks 13
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 53 min eleanorigby 37,787
Name something you shouldn't do naked .... (Mar '14) 1 hr SimplyLoveYou 333
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr SimplyLoveYou 1,853
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 1 hr whatimeisit 40,764
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr Mega Monster 7,808
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr wichita-rick 152,866
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr -Lea- 26,019
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 8 hr TALLYHO 8541 28