Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 171553 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#69910 Jan 4, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
It was already cited. Just follow the citation5949.
That doesn't go anywhere as far as I can find. I requested a link.
bohart

Newport, TN

#69911 Jan 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he allegedly created it all. If only he didn't make that evil talking lizard...
<quoted text>
Free will is an illusion under omnipotent omniscience.
<quoted text>
You mean god? Yes he would.
<quoted text>
So you're saying your god is incapable of preventing us from being bad?
What a wuss.(shrug)
No ,he can't stop you from choosing evil, anymore than he can stop you from being stupid and believing in the life giving goo.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#69912 Jan 4, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a walking paradox lying hippo-crite. I never insulted butch lesbians or transsexuals. In fact, I went to school with them. I went to night clubs with them. I hung out with them. So who is making assertions or assumptions here?
You might want to rub some snake oil on your thick skin. For you to say that I lack or have low self-esteem is a joke, that coming from a lost soul. Go find your soul unless you are out of this world, Lady.
Where did I assert that you insulted transsexuals? You are now reading way more into what I posted, which just compounds the evidence that you are projecting. Your immediate defensive posture to my stating that I perceive a low self esteem because of your assertions actually counts as proof of it, making my assertions even more valid. Then your attempts at ad homs compounds evidence of your lack of self esteem, considering that "lost soul" would be an insult to you, and not me, only demonstrates your consistent projection. Souls do not exist, as far as we know, as there is no evidence of them, therefore one cannot be lost, for things which do not exist cannot be lost.

I made no assumptions, all my assertions and analysis of your psychological profile are based entirely on your posts, your own words. Whether my analysis is accurate can be debated, it is, however, based on solid and consistent habits you display on here for all to see. The fact that you continue to make specific assumptions about someone you know absolutely nothing about is a pretty good indication that you are either projecting or being dishonest, my analysis is that you are projecting due to other aspects of your linguistic patterns I have pointed out.
Robert

Clay City, KY

#69913 Jan 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Before "which" can be asked, one must first provide evidence that one exists. This has not been done, so "what" is more appropriate.
You would not believe in God even if there was indisputable scientific evidence...it's such a mute question...you would just call it bad science...so why do you even ask?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69914 Jan 4, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
You would not believe in God even if there was indisputable scientific evidence...it's such a mute question...you would just call it bad science...so why do you even ask?
You project a lot, don't you? How do you know this? Or are you just blindly assuming something that you know nothing about?

Hint: I am a skeptic who enjoys conversations with James Randi.
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#69915 Jan 4, 2013
Cybele wrote:
Six Personality Traits of a God

http://www.everystudent.com/wires/whatlike.ht...

Do you know how difficult it is for a woman to be like this God when he is a perceived as a male? lol
A monotheistic god would be neither male nor female. For it to be one requires that gods of the other gender also exist. Unless you are polytheistic...
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#69916 Jan 4, 2013
If a Creationist were to bring solid evidence here concerning intelligent design in nature, all we would get from the Evos would be the sound of crickets.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#69917 Jan 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That doesn't go anywhere as far as I can find. I requested a link.
that's because it's NOT a hyperlink, it's a citation.
Just type the pertinent citation information in any search engine of your choice lol.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69918 Jan 4, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
If a Creationist were to bring solid evidence here concerning intelligent design in nature, all we would get from the Evos would be the sound of crickets.
More assumptions or projections, for you it is same to assume that this is a projection. The other who just posted this same canard could go either way. You have ignored all the solid evidence for evolution.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#69919 Jan 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm.
Are you claiming that that grammatical nightmare was actually published? In a reputable journal?
I'd like to see a link, please.
Here's another one on it-

Take a moment to thank this little particle for all the work it does, because without it, you'd be just inchoate energy without so much as a bit of mass. What's more, the same would be true for the entire universe. It was in the 1960s that Scottish physicist Peter Higgs first posited the existence of a particle that causes energy to make the jump to matter. But it was not until last summer that a team of researchers at Europe's Large Hadron Collider Rolf Heuer, Joseph Incandela and Fabiola Gianotti at last sealed the deal and in so doing finally fully confirmed Einstein's general theory of relativity. The Higgs as particles do immediately decayed to more-fundamental particles, but the scientists would surely be happy to collect any honors or awards in its stead.

Kluger, J. "The Higgs Boson, Who Should Be TIME's Person of the Year 2012?." TIME. 26/11/2012: n. page. Web. 4 Jan. 2013. < TIME.com >.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#69920 Jan 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I assert that you insulted transsexuals? You are now reading way more into what I posted, which just compounds the evidence that you are projecting. Your immediate defensive posture to my stating that I perceive a low self esteem because of your assertions actually counts as proof of it, making my assertions even more valid. Then your attempts at ad homs compounds evidence of your lack of self esteem, considering that "lost soul" would be an insult to you, and not me, only demonstrates your consistent projection. Souls do not exist, as far as we know, as there is no evidence of them, therefore one cannot be lost, for things which do not exist cannot be lost.
I made no assumptions, all my assertions and analysis of your psychological profile are based entirely on your posts, your own words. Whether my analysis is accurate can be debated, it is, however, based on solid and consistent habits you display on here for all to see. The fact that you continue to make specific assumptions about someone you know absolutely nothing about is a pretty good indication that you are either projecting or being dishonest, my analysis is that you are projecting due to other aspects of your linguistic patterns I have pointed out.
No, dummy, I have already admitted that I have an eccentric side and if you call my creative side a pathology, then you are in serious problem yourself. You will never comprehend the meaning of God and soul and why people succumb to the idea because you are in denial of yourself. Get over it!

Level 5

above and beyond

#69921 Jan 4, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, maybe CERN has a "question-and-answer-page "!
And you brought up the subject, why don't you state your own opinion?

Level 5

above and beyond

#69922 Jan 4, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
A monotheistic god would be neither male nor female. For it to be one requires that gods of the other gender also exist. Unless you are polytheistic...
The anthropomorphic God of the Bible is obviously a male

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#69923 Jan 4, 2013
anonymous wrote:
And yet, a significant majority of states don't recognize gay marriage, many of which actually have incorporated specific wording into their state Constitutions defining marriage as between a man and a woman.
Just as many states had such laws (even some in their constitutions) against *interracial* marriage until the US Supreme Court's 1967 decision in the Loving v. Virginia case.
anonymous wrote:
The only trend I'm seeing is tiny-weenie New England states, the ones who don't have a lot of other minorities in them, doing Gay marriage.
I guess you missed the fact that same-sex marriage is also legal in Maryland, Washington state, and Iowa.
anonymous wrote:
What I predict is something on the order of a pogrom against you and yours.
And considering your grasp of the facts, we all know what trust we can place in your predictions.
anonymous wrote:
If I seem like a gay basher, it is because you're an obstruction.
Yeah, the legal recognition of same-sex marriage can be such an obstruction to homophobia.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69924 Jan 4, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No, dummy, I have already admitted that I have an eccentric side and if you call my creative side a pathology, then you are in serious problem yourself. You will never comprehend the meaning of God and soul and why people succumb to the idea because you are in denial of yourself. Get over it!
Now you are distorting my assertions and words in an attempt to make yourself feel better. Interesting how hard you will work just to avoid facing the mirror, no? How could I be in denial of being human, I fully know and admit that I am human, a member of the great apes that have proven dominance over the other animals by our own intelligence. So what am I denying? Sounds as if you are too frightened to face reality, really. Either because you wasted your life so you grasp at the fantasy that there is more after, or you are guilty of something you know is wrong so you hold onto a "forgiving" super power that is capable of overturning your own conscience. You have become an even more complex and thus more interesting subject.

Now the excuse of "eccentric" side, does that actually make you feel better about being different? You should not feel upset about being different, it is our differences that make our species strong. Then your attempt to claim that I called creativity a pathology, that's interesting. Please explain what drove you to that conclusion.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69925 Jan 4, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
No ,he can't stop you from choosing evil, anymore than he can stop you from being stupid and believing in the life giving goo.
Like I said - your god is a wuss.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69926 Jan 4, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are you even bringing it up?(shrug)

Facts are Bo, that you are incapable of providing a rational argument for your position. I suspect that even despite your complete and total utter lack of education, you are aware of this. This is why even now your response to my post was not to address any arguments I make but to respond with more ad-hom.

But since you're STILL here and STILL repeating BS philosophical arguments which are known to be BS by both the non-fundies AND fundies of this forum, and STILL bringing the subject up...

... then we will keep asking.

It ain't OUR fault you have no rational point.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69927 Jan 4, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoops, my bad. I mistook you for Bo. Not too surprising based on the writings though.

However, note to all fundies - the admission of error. Something few fundies are capable of.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69928 Jan 4, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Hey, maybe.

As it happens though it's the other way around.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69929 Jan 4, 2013
Cybele wrote:
You will never comprehend the meaning of God and soul and why people succumb to the idea because you are in denial of yourself.
Actually I suspect we'll never understand it because proponents of the concepts can provide nothing but bad philosophical ramblings.

Because in the end, no-one on Earth knows more about God than anyone else does period.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Like..... (Mar '14) 2 min Crazy Jae 1,250
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 5 min Parden Pard 1,862
News How a Guy Got Banned From All Starbucks 7 min Parden Pard 3
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) 7 min Trunketeer 93
News Florida man fired up after being told to keep B... 9 min Parden Pard 1
Word Association (Mar '10) 15 min wichita-rick 17,607
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 18 min TheJerseyDevil 4,919
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 20 min Observer 166,968
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 42,047
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 3 hr Sublime1 29,494