Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,283)

Showing posts 65,641 - 65,660 of111,898
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>It is our little friend Makesure. Upon these Topix threads he must indure his faith in man he doth abjure. How can he be so pure, yet remain off limits and obscure? Is he a foil and nothing more? He will not bend, his mission he remains objure.
Yet within this dark wood he doth blunder. While spreading this love of peace up yonder. The love, the mercy, his heart doth surrender. With the gentleness of blunt force trauma. Heed his words of wisdom he does proffer. Unless you get a better offer.
Where do you come from Freak? You make no sense. Perhaps in some corner of darkness you can communicate..........I don't understand you....thus, you are a Freak.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Mother Mary wrote:
<quoted text>So, Jim Jones has a drink for Thy, Marshall Applewhite wants to take a trip with Thy, Warren Jeffs, the prophet needs a bed warmer........Humans are simple minded animals.....add religion and its over....pray the gay away!
Freak, just live knowing you are a Freak. It works.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Time and Space wrote:
Science cannot be compared to 'God'...
Science is like an adult throwing lego bricks in a babies pin...and as the baby grows, they simply learn what they can do with the legos...
The planet Earth is simply one big lego set...
Man playing around with matter...
WTF?

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Time and Space wrote:
And contrary to what most Anti-Christian Athiest think...not everyone needs the bible, or the bibles stories or morality, to confirm or deny the existance of 'other worldy beings'...
I agree. The only thing you need is evidence.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you come from Freak? You make no sense. Perhaps in some corner of darkness you can communicate..........I don't understand you....thus, you are a Freak.
Why thank you so much. I really appreciate your kind thoughts and critical evaluation. This will help me be a better me.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."
Matthew 19:24 (KJV)
I went through it several times my Freak.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
I went through it several times my Freak.
Did you get those grungy eye boogers when you did it?

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Did you get those grungy eye boogers when you did it?
Freaks like you could never understand. Infidels.........

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
Isn't it amazing...mankind is given, maybe the most beautiful planet in the Universe, with almost unlimited resources... with the brains to develop practically anything that he can imagine...and what does mankind do?... turns it into a cesspool, then points his finger at God and says it all your fault! lol
Actually it's all Satan's fault.
Remember, we're applying Occam's razor.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
let me ask you this then...Science says that the Universe virtually popped out of nothing...is this what you believe then?
So...you say the same thing about God.

You cannot prove God...we can prove planets

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If one could prove God in a scientific manner, there would be no need for faith. And faith is everything.
Faith is believing something with no evidence. I don't do that, why do you??

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Freaks like you could never understand. Infidels.........
Ain't you a daisy.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Ain't you a daisy.
Loose that hard stool in your track........FREAK

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I would bet that your a big Dianetics fan.
He does get a chubby for Tom Cruise.

“Somewhere in time...”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much everyone is in agreement on that point. The question is about what if anything preceded that big bang creation event.
Something had to come before. Like if you believe in an all powerful God who created him?
Actually if the Observer Effect is true, then the Observer would not exist within the confines of space time...so the Observer would not be subject to birth and death...but would be infinite in nature.

and if you understand anything about relativity, then you know that you cannot have a finite without a infinite...

...and so Edison's remark about a "infinite intelligence" would stand to reason.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually if the Observer Effect is true, then the Observer would not exist within the confines of space time...so the Observer would not be subject to birth and death...but would be infinite in nature.
and if you understand anything about relativity, then you know that you cannot have a finite without a infinite...
...and so Edison's remark about a "infinite intelligence" would stand to reason.
No, I don't think it does. If you define intelligence as a measurable quantity, then it must be finite, while stupidity, potentially having a measurable value of zero, would be a divide-by-0 value of infinity.

Just saying.

Now, if you consider the possibility of negative intelligence, you'll have to think with real numbers, but that might be assigning a bias to the term "intelligence", so really, it may be better to stop finding intelligence where there is none!.....other than in bad poetry!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
IM, could you please explain your allusions to Star Trek?
I don't have a TV, so I haven't watched Star Trek very much.
And could you please explain how I'm stereotyping?
I thought that Christians believed in a book that says that God created man in his own image, and commanded man to have dominion over the earth.
One more question: are you trying to argue against Evolutionary theory by saying that I look like an extraterrestrial?
I don't see how that amounts to anything more than an ad hominem attack.
Your avatar just looky like a "trekky".

Simple enough?:-)

Latest news from CERN (the European org for nuclear research)

-------

It has been said that the operation is going to get closed for maintenance purposes. Experts known to the matter have affirmed that the LHC will resume working by 2015. Its revival will witness some more features added to the same, as it will witness rise in collision energy, rise in power.

Not only this, it has also been revealed that its luminosity will also be increased.

The particle, which is also known as God's Particle was made by the European Organization for Nuclear Research CERN.

Experts said that there is a reason for calling the particle to be God's Particle, as the discovery is said to the building block, which provides mass to any substance present in the universe....
Maledevic, I. CERN’s Large Hadron Collider to Take 2 Years’ Break. TopnewsUS. 1/3/2013

----------

Huh..Well fancy that descriptive-right out of the mouth of SCIENCE.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
If Science felt that way, they'd all still be stuck, sitting in kindergarten sandboxes, twying to see how many make mud pies they culd makes, with they little plaskit pails of puddwle wahter.
----------
....and though it raised a few eyebrows when the Higgs-like particle made the list of nominees for Person of the Year, in the video above Kluger deftly argues that the boson should at least be Particle of the Year. "Unless the Higgs could be found," he says, "[The Standard Model], one of the great edifices of physics, could come tumbling down.

O'Luanaigh, C. TIME honours Fabiola Gianotti and the Higgs-like boson . CERN. 12/9/2012.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>The more I read and learn and listen to Christians on here, the more I have doubts about maintaining my alliance to a God that uses terrorist tactics to get my support.
Lots of sectors use those stone age type tacTics. PoliTics too. Huh..might be where the term political terrorism is coned from--"reckon"?

In any case, dark age tacTics not matter the labelduhm label affixed to them (or not), is just that--of neanderthals and their "idiocracy" of ignorance.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

thewordofme wrote:

The Independent Majority wrote:
If Science felt that way, they'd all still be stuck, sitting in kindergarten sandboxes, twying to see how many make mud pies they culd makes, with they little plaskit pails of puddwle wahter.

I don't know where IM gets that idea.
I thought that Science DID feel that way,
and I don't see how it could keep science in a state of stagnation.

Lack of faith never stopped anyone from forming hypotheses, and it certainly never kept scientists from testing those hypotheses.

Forming a hypothesis has served very well as a starting point for countless experiments, and it will serve very well as a starting point for countless experiments to come.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 65,641 - 65,660 of111,898
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••