Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#69847 Jan 3, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Ain't you a daisy.
Loose that hard stool in your track........FREAK

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#69848 Jan 4, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I would bet that your a big Dianetics fan.
He does get a chubby for Tom Cruise.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#69849 Jan 4, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much everyone is in agreement on that point. The question is about what if anything preceded that big bang creation event.
Something had to come before. Like if you believe in an all powerful God who created him?
Actually if the Observer Effect is true, then the Observer would not exist within the confines of space time...so the Observer would not be subject to birth and death...but would be infinite in nature.

and if you understand anything about relativity, then you know that you cannot have a finite without a infinite...

...and so Edison's remark about a "infinite intelligence" would stand to reason.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69851 Jan 4, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually if the Observer Effect is true, then the Observer would not exist within the confines of space time...so the Observer would not be subject to birth and death...but would be infinite in nature.
and if you understand anything about relativity, then you know that you cannot have a finite without a infinite...
...and so Edison's remark about a "infinite intelligence" would stand to reason.
No, I don't think it does. If you define intelligence as a measurable quantity, then it must be finite, while stupidity, potentially having a measurable value of zero, would be a divide-by-0 value of infinity.

Just saying.

Now, if you consider the possibility of negative intelligence, you'll have to think with real numbers, but that might be assigning a bias to the term "intelligence", so really, it may be better to stop finding intelligence where there is none!.....other than in bad poetry!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#69852 Jan 4, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
IM, could you please explain your allusions to Star Trek?
I don't have a TV, so I haven't watched Star Trek very much.
And could you please explain how I'm stereotyping?
I thought that Christians believed in a book that says that God created man in his own image, and commanded man to have dominion over the earth.
One more question: are you trying to argue against Evolutionary theory by saying that I look like an extraterrestrial?
I don't see how that amounts to anything more than an ad hominem attack.
Your avatar just looky like a "trekky".

Simple enough?:-)

Latest news from CERN (the European org for nuclear research)

-------

It has been said that the operation is going to get closed for maintenance purposes. Experts known to the matter have affirmed that the LHC will resume working by 2015. Its revival will witness some more features added to the same, as it will witness rise in collision energy, rise in power.

Not only this, it has also been revealed that its luminosity will also be increased.

The particle, which is also known as God's Particle was made by the European Organization for Nuclear Research CERN.

Experts said that there is a reason for calling the particle to be God's Particle, as the discovery is said to the building block, which provides mass to any substance present in the universe....
Maledevic, I. CERN’s Large Hadron Collider to Take 2 Years’ Break. TopnewsUS. 1/3/2013

----------

Huh..Well fancy that descriptive-right out of the mouth of SCIENCE.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#69853 Jan 4, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is believing something with no evidence. I don't do that, why do you??
If Science felt that way, they'd all still be stuck, sitting in kindergarten sandboxes, twying to see how many make mud pies they culd makes, with they little plaskit pails of puddwle wahter.
----------
....and though it raised a few eyebrows when the Higgs-like particle made the list of nominees for Person of the Year, in the video above Kluger deftly argues that the boson should at least be Particle of the Year. "Unless the Higgs could be found," he says, "[The Standard Model], one of the great edifices of physics, could come tumbling down.

O'Luanaigh, C. TIME honours Fabiola Gianotti and the Higgs-like boson . CERN. 12/9/2012.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#69854 Jan 4, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>The more I read and learn and listen to Christians on here, the more I have doubts about maintaining my alliance to a God that uses terrorist tactics to get my support.
Lots of sectors use those stone age type tacTics. PoliTics too. Huh..might be where the term political terrorism is coned from--"reckon"?

In any case, dark age tacTics not matter the labelduhm label affixed to them (or not), is just that--of neanderthals and their "idiocracy" of ignorance.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#69855 Jan 4, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
Faith is believing something with no evidence. I don't do that, why do you??

The Independent Majority wrote:
If Science felt that way, they'd all still be stuck, sitting in kindergarten sandboxes, twying to see how many make mud pies they culd makes, with they little plaskit pails of puddwle wahter.

I don't know where IM gets that idea.
I thought that Science DID feel that way,
and I don't see how it could keep science in a state of stagnation.

Lack of faith never stopped anyone from forming hypotheses, and it certainly never kept scientists from testing those hypotheses.

Forming a hypothesis has served very well as a starting point for countless experiments, and it will serve very well as a starting point for countless experiments to come.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#69856 Jan 4, 2013
Mat 27:32 and Mark 15:21 and Luke 23:26 tells us that a Cyrenian by the name of Simon followed Jesus and helped bear the cross. Cyrene was a Greek city near modern day Banghazi Libya on the Mediterranean Sea coast and men from that area may have been asscociated with the navy or marines who wore green and the tunica was common clohing or the Greek chiton which had a large waist cloth belt.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#69857 Jan 4, 2013
JUST SAYIN
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69858 Jan 4, 2013
anonymous wrote:
Now you're being simple. Blacks and women are not being denied marriage nor do they have any interest in hitting on me. Blacks and women are what they are by genetics. What is the recognition and what is the religious interference that you talk about? It sounds rhetorical, not real.
Blacks and women aren't being denied marriage. Gays are. Religious interference comes from religious people dictating their religious beliefs as a basis for law. Churches have the right to deny anyone they like getting married, but the law should not. Gay people should still be allowed to legally get married by the state. And that is what should be recognised - equal rights.
anonymous wrote:
If gays want the government to dictate to churches, that's wrong. They can always make their own church. The recognition isn't morality, it's a legal prejudice. It's recognition with a money angle, as all politics is. I'm not lifting a finger to help them blockade my political agendas or harass me with legal vigilantism.
You don't have to do anything. As long as they are legally allowed to marry subject to the same legal benefits as everyone else.
anonymous wrote:
I suppose you haven't ever worked in government and seen how people abuse discrimination laws either. Social engineering is a sloppy, last-chance effort to prevent riots at best. At worst, it buries the problems until they blow up in everyone's face.
Discrimination by individuals or groups is NOT an argument against equal rights for all. People will break laws, that does not mean we should not have them. Just because people rob banks doesn't mean we should get rid of laws that make it illegal.
anonymous wrote:
I have a sister who ran on and on about how bad ol' business didn't hire minorities. We were at a scientist convention of hers and I asked her why no minorities (OK, mostly Blacks, and in Washington DC, 80% or so Black!) were in attendance. She blamed it on bad ol' business and wasn't even slightly interested in the fact that these were all university eggheads who probably never punched a clock off-campus in their entire lives!
The social problems are EVERYONE'S problems. You can't cherry pick the ones that fit your political pose and toss out the rest. Get rid of the tax breaks for married people and the inheritance breaks.
My only "political pose" here is equal rights. I'm not arguing for or against any other subjects or alleged problems, whatever they may be. I'm simply focussing on one subject because abortion, healthcare and world poverty aren't directly related to this one, though each may all be valid concerns for everyone.
anonymous wrote:
See if anyone cares about recognition when you've eliminated the prejudicial treatment that married people get in their favor.
Hey I'm all for geting rid of the tax breaks if they aren't fair. But that has no bearing on the fact that gays should be allowed to get married. And if they are they should get the same legal benefits and problems that go with it, whatever they may be.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69859 Jan 4, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yes. Animals have diseases just like people do! Will you accept "recognition" of a mentally handicapped status?
Didn't think so. Politics!
Actually we do. That's why in our country they will get benefits. Don't know the particulars meself tho.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#69860 Jan 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacks and women aren't being denied marriage. Gays are. Religious interference comes from religious people dictating their religious beliefs as a basis for law. Churches have the right to deny anyone they like getting married, but the law should not. Gay people should still be allowed to legally get married by the state. And that is what should be recognised - equal rights.
<quoted text>
You don't have to do anything. As long as they are legally allowed to marry subject to the same legal benefits as everyone else.
<quoted text>
Discrimination by individuals or groups is NOT an argument against equal rights for all. People will break laws, that does not mean we should not have them. Just because people rob banks doesn't mean we should get rid of laws that make it illegal.
<quoted text>
My only "political pose" here is equal rights. I'm not arguing for or against any other subjects or alleged problems, whatever they may be. I'm simply focussing on one subject because abortion, healthcare and world poverty aren't directly related to this one, though each may all be valid concerns for everyone.
<quoted text>
Hey I'm all for geting rid of the tax breaks if they aren't fair. But that has no bearing on the fact that gays should be allowed to get married. And if they are they should get the same legal benefits and problems that go with it, whatever they may be.
It is a felony to have more than one wife and people can be imprisoned for that, so what makes it a worse perversion?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69861 Jan 4, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You were speculating on what is normal. I gave you a realistic answer. This isn't a "rights" issue because nobody has taken anyone's rights away.
If gays don't have the right to legally marry then they were never given the rights they should have been which were guaranteed by the Constitution.

Why not just cut the BS and just say you don't like gays therefore you don't think they should be allowed to get married? Or if you do think they should have that right then you can stop bothering to argue.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69862 Jan 4, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
God exists ...
Provide evidence that this assertion is correct, then you can make more based on it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69863 Jan 4, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>It is a felony to have more than one wife and people can be imprisoned for that, so what makes it a worse perversion?
I got no problem with polygamy if that's what others are into, but I didn't make up the law. Marriages with multiple husbands and wives have been allowed in other countries. It's like the death penalty, legal in some states not in others. Why? Because people disagree over what's right.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69864 Jan 4, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>It is a felony to have more than one wife and people can be imprisoned for that, so what makes it a worse perversion?
Actually, lots of people have more than one wife and husband, just no legal contracts with the others. The law is to have only one with the contract that is legal marriage, there is no law stating that they cannot have more than one "in spirit."
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69865 Jan 4, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Your avatar just looky like a "trekky".
It's the shirt. It does look like Captain Kirk's old uniform.

And according to Mikey, Noah may have worn one just like it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69866 Jan 4, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, good old philosophy! Let us know when you're talking science.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69867 Jan 4, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
don't ya mean which God?...
that's usually the standard reply...you need to get some index cards to read off of, like the others...lol
Before "which" can be asked, one must first provide evidence that one exists. This has not been done, so "what" is more appropriate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 min Petal Power 937
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 min Kleenex 20,482
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min CJ Rocker 147,175
Is Princess Hey really Lifelover? (Sep '12) 5 min Petal Power 42
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 12 min mrbill3 40,261
Big dawg 13 min Petal Power 568
What Could Be Faked,...? 24 min SLY WEST 45
What's your tip for the day? 2 hr liam cul8r 1,062
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 hr SimplyLoveYou 36,489
Cops: Wash. Man Posed as Policeman ... for 25 Y... 7 hr Lawrence Wolf 6