Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,281)

Showing posts 65,601 - 65,620 of111,977
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Level 7

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. The narration is that God is omnipotent and we are his puppets. As any devout Calvinist knows there was no orininal sin because God had the whole thing planned out prior to the creation of the universe. Faith plays no role in it because he controls everything. He created Satan, Adam and Eve and then programmed them to... so he could have beings to torture for all eternity.
Sorry not a calvinist...a christian...that is a follower of Jesus Christ...and through Him God...

Level 7

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. The narration is that God is omnipotent and we are his puppets. As any devout Calvinist knows there was no orininal sin because God had the whole thing planned out prior to the creation of the universe. Faith plays no role in it because he controls everything. He created Satan, Adam and Eve and then programmed them to... so he could have beings to torture for all eternity.
We have the freedom to choose which way to go...

Level 7

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason God does not intervene? A being powerful enough to create the universe would take little interest in the lives of what to him would be little more advanced than viruses.
To think such a being would...
You wouldn't take interest in your creation?

You sound a bit like a deist...

“Somewhere in time...”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
So mankind murders millions in wars, aborts the unborn , starves his fellow man to death for profit , rapes, steals, burns and it's Gods fault? Why? because he doesn't intervene to stop man from doing what he wants? And if he did intervene ,and put an end to all evil and violence and left man alone again ,he'd be doing the same evil again in less than a couple generations. It is what we are that is the problem.
Isn't it amazing...mankind is given, maybe the most beautiful planet in the Universe, with almost unlimited resources... with the brains to develop practically anything that he can imagine...and what does mankind do?... turns it into a cesspool, then points his finger at God and says it all your fault! lol

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

bohart wrote:
So mankind murders millions in wars, aborts the unborn , starves his fellow man to death for profit , rapes, steals, burns and it's Gods fault? Why? because he doesn't intervene to stop man from doing what he wants? And if he did intervene ,and put an end to all evil and violence and left man alone again ,he'd be doing the same evil again in less than a couple generations. It is what we are that is the problem.
I agree that an imaginary entity can be neither the problem nor the solution.
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>

Would I take an interest in the lives of gnats? Seriously?

But I have no reason to believe such a higher intelligence exists so not a deist. Besides if a higher intelligence did create the universe I would define it not as God but as something that had evolved in a prior universe.

On the other hand evolution is not random. There is intelligent design. Those birds blown to remote islands did not evolve randomly but instead changed to fill particular niches... just as brown bears on the arctic ice sheet evolved into polar bears. Unlike some Darwinists I see nothing happenstance about it.

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason God does not intervene? A being powerful enough to create the universe would take little interest in the lives of what to him would be little more advanced than viruses.
To think such a being would...
But then what would some have God do?...sit on the top of the world and reign with an an iron fist?

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Accordiing to your nutbar side of the equation your "god" is, always has been, and rermains eternal right, so the 7 whole days he spent "creating" the earth is a pretty small investment of an eternal beings time...so why we would we assume he hasn't made maybe 6 trillion other earths or whatever??? What makess us so special that he would dote on us or even care what we are up to, the christians???C'mon what a let down for the big guy, they can't even get along with each other never mind muster the intellect capable of dissuading the naysayers...christians can't even dream big......this explains so much of the christian hate machine..........

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it amazing...mankind is given, maybe the most beautiful planet in the Universe, with almost unlimited resources... with the brains to develop practically anything that he can imagine...and what does mankind do?... turns it into a cesspool, then points his finger at God and says it all your fault! lol
sorry....what god????????
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that an imaginary entity can be neither the problem nor the solution.
Imaginary constructs are the cause of most of humanity's wars. Take how the God of the Hebrews ordered them to commit wholesale genocide killing not just men, women and children but even the livestock of their enemies. His mentality was not much different than Hitler's or Stalin's really.

If you also count non religious artificial constructs like communism imaginary entities are responsible for nearly all of humanity's ills.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is pointing their finger at God and saying that??

It's hard for a non-existent God to cause anything.

There are probably a billion plus livable planets in the whole universe, and so far we have been unable to actually 'see' them to know if we live on the best one...never will either.

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>sorry....what god????????
don't ya mean which God?...

that's usually the standard reply...you need to get some index cards to read off of, like the others...lol

Level 7

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
There are probably a billion plus livable planets in the whole universe, and so far we have been unable to actually 'see' them to know if we live on the best one...never will either.
Probably, unable to actually "see" them, never will either...

Hmmm...sounds a bit like faith to me...

With God it is...

Definitely, unable to actually "see" Him...for now, will eventually...

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
but yet you have no problem in believing in the probably of a billions worlds that will never see....but for you to believe in the probably of an infinite intelligence that might have made these worlds is what 0?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>Accordiing to your nutbar side of the equation your "god" is, always has been, and rermains eternal right, so the 7 whole days he spent "creating" the earth is a pretty small investment of an eternal beings time...so why we would we assume he hasn't made maybe 6 trillion other earths or whatever??? What makess us so special that he would dote on us or even care what we are up to, the christians???C'mon what a let down for the big guy, they can't even get along with each other never mind muster the intellect capable of dissuading the naysayers...christians can't even dream big......this explains so much of the christian hate machine..........
Why do you care about the other parts of the universe when you don't give a 'hoot' about other people on this planet? lol

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably, unable to actually "see" them, never will either...
Hmmm...sounds a bit like faith to me...
With God it is...
Definitely, unable to actually "see" Him...for now, will eventually...
The more I read and learn and listen to Christians on here, the more I have doubts about maintaining my alliance to a God that uses terrorist tactics to get my support.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
but yet you have no problem in believing in the probably of a billions worlds that will never see....but for you to believe in the probably of an infinite intelligence that might have made these worlds is what 0?
It isn't hard to go from the existence of planets in this solar system, the existence of plants around other stars that we have observed and then use simple math to calculate an estimate of the number of habitable planets that may be out there.

You make a claim about the ultimate luxuriousness of this world without benefit of anything to actually base your claim. Then you expect that erroneous claim to support your view of a God that cannot be seen or shown to exist outside the minds of his adherents.

I'm going to have to go with Word on this. Sorry Word, better luck next time.

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>It isn't hard to go from the existence of planets in this solar system, the existence of plants around other stars that we have observed and then use simple math to calculate an estimate of the number of habitable planets that may be out there.
You make a claim about the ultimate luxuriousness of this world without benefit of anything to actually base your claim. Then you expect that erroneous claim to support your view of a God that cannot be seen or shown to exist outside the minds of his adherents.
I'm going to have to go with Word on this. Sorry Word, better luck next time.
let me ask you this then...Science says that the Universe virtually popped out of nothing...is this what you believe then?
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
let me ask you this then...Science says that the Universe virtually popped out of nothing...is this what you believe then?
Pretty much everyone is in agreement on that point. The question is about what if anything preceded that big bang creation event.

Something had to come before. Like if you believe in an all powerful God who created him?

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much everyone is in agreement on that point. The question is about what if anything preceded that big bang creation event.
Something had to come before. Like if you believe in an all powerful God who created him?
just poof!...right out of thin air?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 65,601 - 65,620 of111,977
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••