Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Level 7

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#69807 Jan 3, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is pointing their finger at God and saying that??
It's hard for a non-existent God to cause anything.
There are probably a billion plus livable planets in the whole universe, and so far we have been unable to actually 'see' them to know if we live on the best one...never will either.
Probably, unable to actually "see" them, never will either...

Hmmm...sounds a bit like faith to me...

With God it is...

Definitely, unable to actually "see" Him...for now, will eventually...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#69808 Jan 3, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is pointing their finger at God and saying that??
It's hard for a non-existent God to cause anything.
There are probably a billion plus livable planets in the whole universe, and so far we have been unable to actually 'see' them to know if we live on the best one...never will either.
but yet you have no problem in believing in the probably of a billions worlds that will never see....but for you to believe in the probably of an infinite intelligence that might have made these worlds is what 0?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#69809 Jan 3, 2013
lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>Accordiing to your nutbar side of the equation your "god" is, always has been, and rermains eternal right, so the 7 whole days he spent "creating" the earth is a pretty small investment of an eternal beings time...so why we would we assume he hasn't made maybe 6 trillion other earths or whatever??? What makess us so special that he would dote on us or even care what we are up to, the christians???C'mon what a let down for the big guy, they can't even get along with each other never mind muster the intellect capable of dissuading the naysayers...christians can't even dream big......this explains so much of the christian hate machine..........
Why do you care about the other parts of the universe when you don't give a 'hoot' about other people on this planet? lol

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

#69810 Jan 3, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably, unable to actually "see" them, never will either...
Hmmm...sounds a bit like faith to me...
With God it is...
Definitely, unable to actually "see" Him...for now, will eventually...
The more I read and learn and listen to Christians on here, the more I have doubts about maintaining my alliance to a God that uses terrorist tactics to get my support.

Level 9

Threats pending

#69811 Jan 3, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
but yet you have no problem in believing in the probably of a billions worlds that will never see....but for you to believe in the probably of an infinite intelligence that might have made these worlds is what 0?
It isn't hard to go from the existence of planets in this solar system, the existence of plants around other stars that we have observed and then use simple math to calculate an estimate of the number of habitable planets that may be out there.

You make a claim about the ultimate luxuriousness of this world without benefit of anything to actually base your claim. Then you expect that erroneous claim to support your view of a God that cannot be seen or shown to exist outside the minds of his adherents.

I'm going to have to go with Word on this. Sorry Word, better luck next time.

Location hidden

#69812 Jan 3, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>It isn't hard to go from the existence of planets in this solar system, the existence of plants around other stars that we have observed and then use simple math to calculate an estimate of the number of habitable planets that may be out there.
You make a claim about the ultimate luxuriousness of this world without benefit of anything to actually base your claim. Then you expect that erroneous claim to support your view of a God that cannot be seen or shown to exist outside the minds of his adherents.
I'm going to have to go with Word on this. Sorry Word, better luck next time.
let me ask you this then...Science says that the Universe virtually popped out of nothing...is this what you believe then?
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#69813 Jan 3, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
let me ask you this then...Science says that the Universe virtually popped out of nothing...is this what you believe then?
Pretty much everyone is in agreement on that point. The question is about what if anything preceded that big bang creation event.

Something had to come before. Like if you believe in an all powerful God who created him?

Location hidden

#69814 Jan 3, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much everyone is in agreement on that point. The question is about what if anything preceded that big bang creation event.
Something had to come before. Like if you believe in an all powerful God who created him?
just poof!...right out of thin air?

Location hidden

#69815 Jan 3, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
anything preceding the big bang would have to be considered something...would it not?

I cannot really see anything preceding the big bang under this idea...it would imply cause and effect.

And cause and effect is something.

Location hidden

#69816 Jan 3, 2013
in fact, anything preceding the big bang would have to be within the confines of time...by the very nature that it preceded...(came before)...so time would have to exist for this scenario to happen...
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#69817 Jan 3, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
just poof!...right out of thin air?
Unless of course a previous universe collapsed in on itself and collapsed into... and then was reborn.

A born again universe.

No one can see past the big bang. We can speculate I suppose.

Location hidden

#69818 Jan 3, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless of course a previous universe collapsed in on itself and collapsed into... and then was reborn.
A born again universe.
No one can see past the big bang. We can speculate I suppose.
that a pretty old theory if I remember right...I was thinking it had been discarded.(?)
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#69819 Jan 3, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
in fact, anything preceding the big bang would have to be within the confines of time...by the very nature that it preceded...(came before)...so time would have to exist for this scenario to happen...
Maybe the cause came after the effect? Remember things like black holes effect not only space but also time.

Or maybe the big bang is really just a little bang in a much larger universe of such explosive creation events? Just because you lack imagination...

Certainly a bunch of primitivist shepards wandering around in the deserts of the Middle East and talking to "gods" had no concept of such things.
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#69820 Jan 3, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
that a pretty old theory if I remember right...I was thinking it had been discarded.(?)
Do you prefer the multiverse thing where there are many such universes being born and dying all the time and something in another of them ignited our big bang creation event?

If you believe God just popped into existence and then decided to create... why not save a step and just say the universe itself popped into...?

Location hidden

#69821 Jan 3, 2013
besides, isn't the Universe speeding up...which would negate the big crunch theory?

Location hidden

#69822 Jan 3, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the cause came after the effect? Remember things like black holes effect not only space but also time.
Or maybe the big bang is really just a little bang in a much larger universe of such explosive creation events? Just because you lack imagination...
Certainly a bunch of primitivist shepards wandering around in the deserts of the Middle East and talking to "gods" had no concept of such things.
well they seemed to have nailed the Observer Effect down.lol

Level 9

Threats pending

#69823 Jan 3, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Until a better explanation comes along that fits the facts, then Yes, I accept that theory. How is it really all that different from God created the universe from nothing. Perhaps he did. The Big Bang Theory really doesn't address the presence of God. It just works on the facts that we know to explain conditions as they exist.

Do you feel threatened by science? You shouldn't. If you do, but feel that God is more powerful, then go on with your faith. If you want to tell others that God is greater than science, go ahead, but don't destroy science because you fear it. Science will gladly change if you can show better explainations to match the facts then are currently being used.

If you believe in God and you have faith in God, what do you fear? If God decides that there are not enough righteous people on Earth, He is just going to blow it up and start again. There is no need for you to try to usurp God's authority and blow things up yourself.

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#69824 Jan 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why it's not science. Thank you for proving that creationism is just woowoo.
I lost track of you...but have found you again cause last post of a few days ago got deleted accidently do to bad connection...

Anyways so i'll start anew...

You cannot seperate 'creationism' from 'evolution'...

You are here...right?

So what makes you think 'God', a superior being to me and you, could not have under gone the same process say 1 billion years ago?

Or is life on earth the only life ever, that has been able to evolve...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

#69825 Jan 3, 2013
Science cannot be compared to 'God'...

Science is like an adult throwing lego bricks in a babies pin...and as the baby grows, they simply learn what they can do with the legos...

The planet Earth is simply one big lego set...

Man playing around with matter...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

#69826 Jan 3, 2013
And contrary to what most Anti-Christian Athiest think...not everyone needs the bible, or the bibles stories or morality, to confirm or deny the existance of 'other worldy beings'...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coffee with Pie! (Sep '08) 3 min Aka - Alias 34,991
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 7 min Hoosier Hillbilly 6,958
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 9 min Hoosier Hillbilly 40,228
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 13 min Hoosier Hillbilly 54,547
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 18 min Hoosier Hillbilly 29,334
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 22 min Aka - Alias 5,454
Hoosier Hey!!! 22 min Hoosier Hillbilly 24
WEIRD! Women Cyclists Model In Romantic Kits 2 hr Mister_ E 4
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr curiouslu 146,731
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 hr Sublime1 20,012
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••