Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Patagonia

#69642 Jan 1, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Word, you sound like you need to be saved. First off tea has caffeine and secondly, your own wife. Have you no shame?
I know, I know....I try S000ooo hard to live a good and sin free life, but the tea and sex calls me in such sonorous and lilting tones, I just can't resist.

(cue soft and lilting music)

(bows head in shame)

Aayyyeee!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Patagonia

#69643 Jan 1, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>He isn't going to stop. He is born again. Converts are the worst zealots there are.
Yeah, unfortunately you are right, but I just HAD to Zing him..:-)

“There is no such thing”

Level 3

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#69644 Jan 1, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
If what they said isn't backed up by any evidence, then it can be automatically dismissed. They still have the burden of proof.
So, you admit to being lazy..
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#69645 Jan 1, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, lets see, there was no Adam and Eve, therefore there was no ' original Sin', therefore there was no need for Jesus.
Your dogma is toast...
We suffer and die because of their disregard for the word of God.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#69646 Jan 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has a set of ethics. Ethics are subjective, based on social pressures and genetic traits inherited, developed through natural selection. We lump them together and call them ethics.
"Everyone has a set of ethics."

That statement alone could spawn off an entirely new thread.

So, if you don't use the Bible as a source of ethics (and ignore it when convenient), where do you derive your ethics? You were born with them?

“River of tears flowing out of ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

West Plains

#69647 Jan 2, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
"Everyone has a set of ethics."
That statement alone could spawn off an entirely new thread.
So, if you don't use the Bible as a source of ethics (and ignore it when convenient), where do you derive your ethics? You were born with them?
Where do people that adhere to religions different from Christianity derive their ethics? Are you saying that they don't have ethics?

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#69648 Jan 2, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Where do people that adhere to religions different from Christianity derive their ethics? Are you saying that they don't have ethics?
Nope. They're heathens awaiting to hear the gospels. But perhaps I misunderstood evangelical preachers on TV.

Without the Bible threats of Hell, we'd all be murderers, thieves, adulterers, perjurers, and boiling young goats in their mother's milk.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#69649 Jan 2, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is a made up story whether documented or not.
The English who are from England brought the English language to the Americas( North America).
Wrong, that is a true story,(2 true stores actually). That you are too ignorant to realise that is your problem and you do seem to have several problems to contend with.

English was in the USA years before English settlers popularised it. Had it not been it is though doubtful those first settlers would have survived.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#69650 Jan 2, 2013
greymouser wrote:
Without the Bible threats of Hell, we'd all be murderers, thieves, adulterers, perjurers, and boiling young goats in their mother's milk.
Funny that animals of other species manage to live orderly lives without religion, but Christians say that they couldn't.
And Christians say that they are higher than all the other animals!

Level 6

#69651 Jan 2, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. They're heathens awaiting to hear the gospels. But perhaps I misunderstood evangelical preachers on TV.
Wrong.

Humanity, morality and civilisation developed long before the babble or threats of hell were even thought of.

What/who has the babble brought us? I could mention Adam Lanza (Catholic and child killer), James Holmes (Christian and child killer), Anders Behring Breivik (Fundamentalist Christian mass murderer). How about Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic (both committed genocide against Moslems in the name of their christian church). The IRA (mass murdering terrorist catholics), the NLFT (Good christian murderers all). Or the KKK and anti abortionists in the US and Canada (each adhering to good old christian teachings). Not to mention Hitler (Catholic who did what he did in the name of his god and his love of jesus) and Stalin (Orthodox Christian tipped to a priest) and of course Pol Pot who was influenced by 15 years of Christian schooling.

The babble teaches genocide, child murder, mass murder, rape, slavery and conquest.

From you god being the first recorded mass murderer in history GE 6:11-17, 7:11-24

You lord committing mass child murder EX 12:29

Your god condones slavery and rape DT 20:13-14

You babble teaches human sacrifice LE 27:29 and JG 11:30-39

Just a few of David's murderous conquests 2SA 8:1-18
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69652 Jan 2, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you missed the fact that a *majority* of Americans believe that same-sex couples should have their marriages given legal recognition. Not merely as "civil unions", but as *marriages*.
The trends are *not* going in your homophobic favor.
Wave your statistics around and strike up a good, "satisfied" pose, maybe a master of galley slaves! First, you'll make your liberal patricians "happy" and they'll go back to their wine and orgies. Second, you might get lucky! You never know when you might find a "dissatisfied" Ben Hur among the rowers! Eh?

I don't trade one set of delusional fanatics for another.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69653 Jan 2, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, shit.
I completely misinterpreted your post.
Profound apologies.
S'alright! It's what I get for posting an apparently less than obvious parody!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69654 Jan 2, 2013
IReasonablyI wrote:
<quoted text>
The woman at the well was a samaritan who met up with Jesus and He knew of her five husbands and the man she had been living with outside of marriage. She then ran into town professing Jesus.
Why would you be annoyed at that reference since you obviously don't believe?
Never heard it. Didn't want to have to search through the Bible to find it, thus giving the appearance of endorsing your lifestyle. Evangelists work that way. They share that trait in common with Gay activists.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#69655 Jan 2, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, lets see, there was no Adam and Eve, therefore there was no ' original Sin', therefore there was no need for Jesus.
Your dogma is toast...
No... no it's not-not at all. It's a good base, to decent, ethical people with some morality to them...trying to live decent, ethical lives with some morality anyway.

No matter what is or isn't "beyond".

So your BS about other peoples opinions is "burnt" toast-only "fit" for the gutter trash piles.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#69656 Jan 2, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that animals of other species manage to live orderly lives without religion, but Christians say that they couldn't.
And Christians say that they are higher than all the other animals!
You're lump and labelduhm ignorantly stereotyping there Kirk...or Spock.. McCoy, Sulu...which ever one you gotz avatared there lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#69657 Jan 2, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Humanity, morality and civilisation developed long before the babble or threats of hell were even thought of.
What/who has the babble brought us? I could mention Adam Lanza (Catholic and child killer), James Holmes (Christian and child killer), Anders Behring Breivik (Fundamentalist Christian mass murderer). How about Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic (both committed genocide against Moslems in the name of their christian church). The IRA (mass murdering terrorist catholics), the NLFT (Good christian murderers all). Or the KKK and anti abortionists in the US and Canada (each adhering to good old christian teachings). Not to mention Hitler (Catholic who did what he did in the name of his god and his love of jesus) and Stalin (Orthodox Christian tipped to a priest) and of course Pol Pot who was influenced by 15 years of Christian schooling.
The babble teaches genocide, child murder, mass murder, rape, slavery and conquest.
From you god being the first recorded mass murderer in history GE 6:11-17, 7:11-24
You lord committing mass child murder EX 12:29
Your god condones slavery and rape DT 20:13-14
You babble teaches human sacrifice LE 27:29 and JG 11:30-39
Just a few of David's murderous conquests 2SA 8:1-18
OR- when read by people actually containing some intelligence, it shows the history of mankind in it's evil wickedness, and how to avoid being wicked, and E-VILE.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#69658 Jan 2, 2013
IM, could you please explain your allusions to Star Trek?
I don't have a TV, so I haven't watched Star Trek very much.

And could you please explain how I'm stereotyping?
I thought that Christians believed in a book that says that God created man in his own image, and commanded man to have dominion over the earth.

One more question: are you trying to argue against Evolutionary theory by saying that I look like an extraterrestrial?
I don't see how that amounts to anything more than an ad hominem attack.

Level 6

#69659 Jan 2, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
OR- when read by people actually containing some intelligence, it shows the history of mankind in it's evil wickedness, and how to avoid being wicked, and E-VILE.
There are some few bits in the babble that teach good, these are the bits christards advertise as being the bits they read and promote. However in their ignorance (that you consider intelligence Ė go figure) they tend to ignore or skip over mention of the genocide, child murder, mass murder, rape, slavery, prostitution and conquest until they want to hurt people who donít think as they do and then it all comes flooding back

Certainly the documentation and actions relating to Adam Lanza, James Holmes, Anders Behring Breivik, Radovan Karadzic, Ratko Mladic, the IRA, the NLFT, Adolph Hitler etc, etc confirms babble teaching as the key to their atrocities.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69661 Jan 2, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
IM, could you please explain your allusions to Star Trek?
I don't have a TV, so I haven't watched Star Trek very much.
And could you please explain how I'm stereotyping?
I thought that Christians believed in a book that says that God created man in his own image, and commanded man to have dominion over the earth.
One more question: are you trying to argue against Evolutionary theory by saying that I look like an extraterrestrial?
I don't see how that amounts to anything more than an ad hominem attack.
It's the shirt, dude!

I've come to expect a mix of lucid and obscure posts from IM. Not much point in asking.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69662 Jan 2, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
There are some few bits in the babble that teach good, these are the bits christards advertise as being the bits they read and promote. However in their ignorance (that you consider intelligence Ė go figure) they tend to ignore or skip over mention of the genocide, child murder, mass murder, rape, slavery, prostitution and conquest until they want to hurt people who donít think as they do and then it all comes flooding back
Certainly the documentation and actions relating to Adam Lanza, James Holmes, Anders Behring Breivik, Radovan Karadzic, Ratko Mladic, the IRA, the NLFT, Adolph Hitler etc, etc confirms babble teaching as the key to their atrocities.
I'd go with the admission that the Bible is not a literal book. If she tries to keep a foot in both camps, then you can show how poorly the literal translation works.

I'm not here to kill the bible, just to promote Evolution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min Wolftracks 148,960
Truck containing 36,000 pounds of Crisco stolen 3 min Sam 33
Ohio Sam sucks Co ck 9 min Righdownthemiddle 1
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 11 min Mitt s Santorum S... 21
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 11 min a_visitor 22,218
Word Association (Mar '10) 16 min White Fire 16,109
News System Rigged 23 min Enter Username 3
True or False Game 2 hr Vector aka Victor... 377
Family shocked after texting dead grandmother, ... 3 hr Protoham 9
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 5 hr Juju Beans 6,829

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE