Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216695 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#69650 Jan 2, 2013
greymouser wrote:
Without the Bible threats of Hell, we'd all be murderers, thieves, adulterers, perjurers, and boiling young goats in their mother's milk.
Funny that animals of other species manage to live orderly lives without religion, but Christians say that they couldn't.
And Christians say that they are higher than all the other animals!

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#69651 Jan 2, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. They're heathens awaiting to hear the gospels. But perhaps I misunderstood evangelical preachers on TV.
Without the Bible threats of Hell, we'd all be murderers, thieves, adulterers, perjurers, and boiling young goats in their mother's milk.
Wrong.

Humanity, morality and civilisation developed long before the babble or threats of hell were even thought of.

What/who has the babble brought us? I could mention Adam Lanza (Catholic and child killer), James Holmes (Christian and child killer), Anders Behring Breivik (Fundamentalist Christian mass murderer). How about Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic (both committed genocide against Moslems in the name of their christian church). The IRA (mass murdering terrorist catholics), the NLFT (Good christian murderers all). Or the KKK and anti abortionists in the US and Canada (each adhering to good old christian teachings). Not to mention Hitler (Catholic who did what he did in the name of his god and his love of jesus) and Stalin (Orthodox Christian tipped to a priest) and of course Pol Pot who was influenced by 15 years of Christian schooling.

The babble teaches genocide, child murder, mass murder, rape, slavery and conquest.

From you god being the first recorded mass murderer in history GE 6:11-17, 7:11-24

You lord committing mass child murder EX 12:29

Your god condones slavery and rape DT 20:13-14

You babble teaches human sacrifice LE 27:29 and JG 11:30-39

Just a few of David's murderous conquests 2SA 8:1-18
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#69652 Jan 2, 2013
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you missed the fact that a *majority* of Americans believe that same-sex couples should have their marriages given legal recognition. Not merely as "civil unions", but as *marriages*.
The trends are *not* going in your homophobic favor.
Wave your statistics around and strike up a good, "satisfied" pose, maybe a master of galley slaves! First, you'll make your liberal patricians "happy" and they'll go back to their wine and orgies. Second, you might get lucky! You never know when you might find a "dissatisfied" Ben Hur among the rowers! Eh?

I don't trade one set of delusional fanatics for another.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#69653 Jan 2, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, shit.
I completely misinterpreted your post.
Profound apologies.
S'alright! It's what I get for posting an apparently less than obvious parody!
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#69654 Jan 2, 2013
IReasonablyI wrote:
<quoted text>
The woman at the well was a samaritan who met up with Jesus and He knew of her five husbands and the man she had been living with outside of marriage. She then ran into town professing Jesus.
Why would you be annoyed at that reference since you obviously don't believe?
Never heard it. Didn't want to have to search through the Bible to find it, thus giving the appearance of endorsing your lifestyle. Evangelists work that way. They share that trait in common with Gay activists.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#69655 Jan 2, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, lets see, there was no Adam and Eve, therefore there was no ' original Sin', therefore there was no need for Jesus.
Your dogma is toast...
No... no it's not-not at all. It's a good base, to decent, ethical people with some morality to them...trying to live decent, ethical lives with some morality anyway.

No matter what is or isn't "beyond".

So your BS about other peoples opinions is "burnt" toast-only "fit" for the gutter trash piles.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#69656 Jan 2, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that animals of other species manage to live orderly lives without religion, but Christians say that they couldn't.
And Christians say that they are higher than all the other animals!
You're lump and labelduhm ignorantly stereotyping there Kirk...or Spock.. McCoy, Sulu...which ever one you gotz avatared there lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#69657 Jan 2, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Humanity, morality and civilisation developed long before the babble or threats of hell were even thought of.
What/who has the babble brought us? I could mention Adam Lanza (Catholic and child killer), James Holmes (Christian and child killer), Anders Behring Breivik (Fundamentalist Christian mass murderer). How about Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic (both committed genocide against Moslems in the name of their christian church). The IRA (mass murdering terrorist catholics), the NLFT (Good christian murderers all). Or the KKK and anti abortionists in the US and Canada (each adhering to good old christian teachings). Not to mention Hitler (Catholic who did what he did in the name of his god and his love of jesus) and Stalin (Orthodox Christian tipped to a priest) and of course Pol Pot who was influenced by 15 years of Christian schooling.
The babble teaches genocide, child murder, mass murder, rape, slavery and conquest.
From you god being the first recorded mass murderer in history GE 6:11-17, 7:11-24
You lord committing mass child murder EX 12:29
Your god condones slavery and rape DT 20:13-14
You babble teaches human sacrifice LE 27:29 and JG 11:30-39
Just a few of David's murderous conquests 2SA 8:1-18
OR- when read by people actually containing some intelligence, it shows the history of mankind in it's evil wickedness, and how to avoid being wicked, and E-VILE.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#69658 Jan 2, 2013
IM, could you please explain your allusions to Star Trek?
I don't have a TV, so I haven't watched Star Trek very much.

And could you please explain how I'm stereotyping?
I thought that Christians believed in a book that says that God created man in his own image, and commanded man to have dominion over the earth.

One more question: are you trying to argue against Evolutionary theory by saying that I look like an extraterrestrial?
I don't see how that amounts to anything more than an ad hominem attack.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#69659 Jan 2, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
OR- when read by people actually containing some intelligence, it shows the history of mankind in it's evil wickedness, and how to avoid being wicked, and E-VILE.
There are some few bits in the babble that teach good, these are the bits christards advertise as being the bits they read and promote. However in their ignorance (that you consider intelligence – go figure) they tend to ignore or skip over mention of the genocide, child murder, mass murder, rape, slavery, prostitution and conquest until they want to hurt people who don’t think as they do and then it all comes flooding back

Certainly the documentation and actions relating to Adam Lanza, James Holmes, Anders Behring Breivik, Radovan Karadzic, Ratko Mladic, the IRA, the NLFT, Adolph Hitler etc, etc confirms babble teaching as the key to their atrocities.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#69661 Jan 2, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
IM, could you please explain your allusions to Star Trek?
I don't have a TV, so I haven't watched Star Trek very much.
And could you please explain how I'm stereotyping?
I thought that Christians believed in a book that says that God created man in his own image, and commanded man to have dominion over the earth.
One more question: are you trying to argue against Evolutionary theory by saying that I look like an extraterrestrial?
I don't see how that amounts to anything more than an ad hominem attack.
It's the shirt, dude!

I've come to expect a mix of lucid and obscure posts from IM. Not much point in asking.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#69662 Jan 2, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
There are some few bits in the babble that teach good, these are the bits christards advertise as being the bits they read and promote. However in their ignorance (that you consider intelligence – go figure) they tend to ignore or skip over mention of the genocide, child murder, mass murder, rape, slavery, prostitution and conquest until they want to hurt people who don’t think as they do and then it all comes flooding back
Certainly the documentation and actions relating to Adam Lanza, James Holmes, Anders Behring Breivik, Radovan Karadzic, Ratko Mladic, the IRA, the NLFT, Adolph Hitler etc, etc confirms babble teaching as the key to their atrocities.
I'd go with the admission that the Bible is not a literal book. If she tries to keep a foot in both camps, then you can show how poorly the literal translation works.

I'm not here to kill the bible, just to promote Evolution.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Level 7

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#69663 Jan 2, 2013
Hey...

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#69664 Jan 2, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>It's the shirt, dude!
I've come to expect a mix of lucid and obscure posts from IM. Not much point in asking.
IM is in denial. All she does is inflict fear and guilt because she takes the literal meaning of the bible. She is no different than a dic-tator.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Level 7

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#69665 Jan 2, 2013
Vampires, werewolves and zombies still show that evolution is true...

If they don't exist...than evolution can't possibly exist either as true...

Level 2

Since: Mar 09

Statesville, NC

#69666 Jan 2, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Humanity, morality and civilisation developed long before the babble or threats of hell were even thought of.
What/who has the babble brought us? I could mention Adam Lanza (Catholic and child killer), James Holmes (Christian and child killer), Anders Behring Breivik (Fundamentalist Christian mass murderer). How about Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic (both committed genocide against Moslems in the name of their christian church). The IRA (mass murdering terrorist catholics), the NLFT (Good christian murderers all). Or the KKK and anti abortionists in the US and Canada (each adhering to good old christian teachings). Not to mention Hitler (Catholic who did what he did in the name of his god and his love of jesus) and Stalin (Orthodox Christian tipped to a priest) and of course Pol Pot who was influenced by 15 years of Christian schooling.
The babble teaches genocide, child murder, mass murder, rape, slavery and conquest.
From you god being the first recorded mass murderer in history GE 6:11-17, 7:11-24
You lord committing mass child murder EX 12:29
Your god condones slavery and rape DT 20:13-14
You babble teaches human sacrifice LE 27:29 and JG 11:30-39
Just a few of David's murderous conquests 2SA 8:1-18
Nice...almost word for word my response to the typical warm-fuzzy-religion types...of course, they like the 'I'm not an Old Testament' believer, more of a New Testament type...until you remind them about creating the universe, the commandments, the Flood, etc, etc...I'm always amused to watch the dance...never disappointed, either!lol

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#69667 Jan 2, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
Vampires, werewolves and zombies still show that evolution is true...
If they don't exist...than evolution can't possibly exist either as true...
Psychologically speaking yes

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#69668 Jan 2, 2013
Denail

in ordinary English usage, is asserting that a statement or allegation is not true. The same word, and also abnegation, is used for a psychological defense

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#69669 Jan 2, 2013
GatorBUILT wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice...almost word for word my response to the typical warm-fuzzy-religion types...of course, they like the 'I'm not an Old Testament' believer, more of a New Testament type...until you remind them about creating the universe, the commandments, the Flood, etc, etc...I'm always amused to watch the dance...never disappointed, either!lol
Thanks ( great minds eh?)

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#69671 Jan 2, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
"Everyone has a set of ethics."
That statement alone could spawn off an entirely new thread.
So, if you don't use the Bible as a source of ethics (and ignore it when convenient), where do you derive your ethics? You were born with them?
it's called con-science

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 min Denny CranesPlace 20,450
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 min Denny CranesPlace 67,156
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 5 min Princess Hey 6,395
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 10 min Princess Hey 48,260
News Trump's bizarre claim that the Clinton email co... 11 min Rider on the Storm 999
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 28 min Mr_FX 61,050
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 29 min Mr_FX 2,380
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 45 min Bad Bex 10,580
All Christmas Carols/Songs and Quotes.. 52 min Truth 55
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Sublime1 206,953
More from around the web