Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
65,361 - 65,380 of 113,285 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
It also amazes me how some souls don't think it possible for 'god' to be here, but yet they're here...conscious and aware, and able to create...
But yet trillions of years before their existance...this could not have ever occured before...
How one could be so close minded, just to prooves ones disdain for Christanity, is beyond me...
Your last point is just projection.

There have been things created by other animals, one of the oldest forms of architecture are nests, birds commonly build these. Some animals exhibit artistic capabilities as well.

Of course it took a while for us to evolve, there had to be enough mutations for something with a more selfish gene to alter the environment around them instead of just live in it.

To your god thing, where is evidence that such exists? I'm curious to actually have some evidence supporting one to study and analyze, so far no one has given any. It would be nice to have more than blind assertions from believers, so we could stop calling you delusional.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

mee wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't trust internet links as proof.
Oh really, you wouldn't trust links to colleges or universities or other scientific sites.

We know you're not a Luddite because you use the computer...what's up??

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

IReasonablyI wrote:
Wonder how I would have conducted my life had I not been taught about Jesus as the Son of God.
More educated, for one.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your last point is just projection.
There have been things created by other animals, one of the oldest forms of architecture are nests, birds commonly build these. Some animals exhibit artistic capabilities as well.
Of course it took a while for us to evolve, there had to be enough mutations for something with a more selfish gene to alter the environment around them instead of just live in it.
To your god thing, where is evidence that such exists? I'm curious to actually have some evidence supporting one to study and analyze, so far no one has given any. It would be nice to have more than blind assertions from believers, so we could stop calling you delusional.
What makes you think you could find God when you haven't really found yourself?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Edison's efforts are verifiable and repeatable.
How's your deity doing on those?
MY deity? I think NOT!

Edison seems to have had his moment of grandstanding on the subject.

And Einstein.

And a bunch of other scientists who don't seem to think that the unknown can be left unknown in the sight of their brilliance!

I don't do authority. Even the absurd ones.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
More educated, for one.
Personally, I'm annoyed at the vague reference to "the woman at the well".

I don't feel like researching it. Ain't going to crack the cover on the looney book. Just cause!
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

It is a cold world and people turn to things like addictive substances and sexual sins to try and comfort themselves, the end is desperation and a worse state. Jesus can save anyone if they will repent.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think you could find God when you haven't really found yourself?
Why do you make so many assumptions? Is projection simply reflex for you?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
It is a cold world and people turn to things like addictive substances and sexual sins to try and comfort themselves, the end is desperation and a worse state. Jesus can save anyone if they will repent.
Most people who turn to addiction are religious, in the US they are almost all christian.

As for your "sexual sins," what are you referring to? Since sin is a religious construct with no basis in reality, mind you.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I'm annoyed at the vague reference to "the woman at the well".
I don't feel like researching it. Ain't going to crack the cover on the looney book. Just cause!
I don't care anymore either, if they don't reference it then it's just a lie until they do, as far as I am concerned.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a "mythology" nor a "bible".
<quoted text>
The 14th Amendment was not 100 years old at the time of the Loving v. Virginia decision.
<quoted text>
The USSC, in several cases, has stated that marriage is a basic human right.
<quoted text>
They interpret it as a *contractual* arrangement, which has ramifications beyond "finance".
<quoted text>
How is breeding being subsidized?
<quoted text>
Because heaven help us if same-sex couples are granted all of the exact same rights and responsibilities of marriage enjoyed by opposite-sex couples, right?
<quoted text>
Who knew that the marriage penalty was a "bribe"?
<quoted text>
Fairness is important to me, which is why I won't settle for anything less than marriage law to apply to same-sex couples in the same way as it does for opposite-sex couples. We don't need some second-class institution of "civil union".
<quoted text>
If you're claiming that the next-of-kin, such as a spouse, cannot donate the deceased spouse's organs without pre-authorization, you would be sadly mistaken. Unless the deceased has left documentation refusing donation, then the absence of any such documentation means that the spouse or other next-of-kin makes the decision.
OK, 99 years, not 100. Good to know that you have a clear bead on the important things in life!

"We don't need.."

Understood. Every other statement of your character is invalidated now. YOU, that magical megaphone of perspective, YOU're dictating to 98 percent what the 2 percent will accept.

That is why I don't need YOU and yours in building consensus. I'm glad to have had this chance to demonstrate what it costs to those who would consider it.

Now, go worry about important it is to be able to decide how to carve up the remains of your sex partner. Have a nice day!

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
Are you fear mongering?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

It amazes me that people do not understand why Jesus came and went to the cross. He came to save us because we are all sick and in need of a physician. We have all sinned, and those who say they have never sinned are liars. Our very nature is offensive to God, There are some sins that are more repulsive to our Creator than others and yes God does get angry because of wickedness. We are required to turn from wrongdoings and if we don't, we are in danger of Hell fire.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
It amazes me that people do not understand why Jesus came and went to the cross. He came to save us because we are all sick and in need of a physician. We have all sinned, and those who say they have never sinned are liars. Our very nature is offensive to God, There are some sins that are more repulsive to our Creator than others and yes God does get angry because of wickedness. We are required to turn from wrongdoings and if we don't, we are in danger of Hell fire.
Yes, we know your beliefs are self degrading and horrible, can you provide evidence that they are based on fact?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

People didn't want to hear the truth in the time of Jesus and this world is just as cold and corrupt today. If a man who claims to be a follower of Jesus can not tell people there is a real Hell where there is flames and torment, then he fears men more than God. The name of Jesus can bring us up out of those flames.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we have quotes from Edison...he was a total atheists, unlike Einstein who was a deist or mild agnostic. Look him up and read about him.
Then how would you explain the reference to "... infinite intelligence"?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
People didn't want to hear the truth in the time of Jesus and this world is just as cold and corrupt today. If a man who claims to be a follower of Jesus can not tell people there is a real Hell where there is flames and torment, then he fears men more than God. The name of Jesus can bring us up out of those flames.
So you have nothing at all to support your claims, thus you just begin spamming. Great, have a good day MUQ ... oh wait, I meant KJV .... erm, that's not correct either ....

.... or is it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know either.
Next question: Is it right to prose-cute a sinner?
that would imply some sort of religious authoritarian judgement...

I guess it would be based on the severity of the sin...

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

anonymous wrote:
YOU, that magical megaphone of perspective, YOU're dictating to 98 percent what the 2 percent will accept.
I see that you missed the fact that a *majority* of Americans believe that same-sex couples should have their marriages given legal recognition. Not merely as "civil unions", but as *marriages*.

The trends are *not* going in your homophobic favor.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
The Observer Effect(quantum physics)... basically implies that the Universe could not have come into existence with out an Observer being present.
If this indeed be the case...then where is the Observer now?
If there was an Observer at the the beginning of the Universe...the Observer would have to be transcendent of both time and space..."I know

and the "infinite intelligence" reference made by Edison, might of hit the nail right on the head.

and it must be assumed that the Observer is here now and has always been here.

Do you ever get the feeling when your alone, that your not really alone?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••