Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
65,361 - 65,380 of 114,489 Comments Last updated 22 min ago

Level 1

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Intelligent design refers to a scientific research program as well as a community of scientists, philosophers and other scholars who seek evidence of design in nature. The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You feel the presence of something?
actually, I am a little more sensitive to such things than most.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I do now...lol
lol

I'm scared of myself!

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are preoccupied with ignorance. You never had a sexual life.......get over it, it's not important. You were no doubt abused as a child......get over it. You are a hateful person who only sends hate. Get over it all. Every message you send is filled with doubt, sour opinion and total ignorance in everything.........GET A LIFE.
Why all those hateful things could be said of you. So far I have not been impressed with your alledged "higher education." Are you really talking about an education at the "University of a Higher Power?" If you are, that would explain your attitude. Now why don't you stop thinking about me taking a shower and find something nonviolent to take up your time.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

kenny gilgan wrote:
Intelligent design refers to a scientific research program as well as a community of scientists, philosophers and other scholars who seek evidence of design in nature. The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected
The evidence is all around in the timing and structure of natural systems. Systems cycle to do a work and this in itself denotes intelligence in the set up.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

kenny gilgan wrote:
Which is why it's not science. Thank you for proving that creationism is just woowoo.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The evidence is all around in the timing and structure of natural systems. Systems cycle to do a work and this in itself denotes intelligence in the set up.
Well, first, your assertion that it requires "design" to do this is not evident at all. Secondly, which "intelligence?" None of those asserted by humans so far withstand scrutiny. So you have two things to provide evidence for, that this can't happen on it's own and that your particular "intelligence" made it happen.

Care to compound your assertions?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

IReasonablyI wrote:
<quoted text>
For you to be so rude to me without so much as provocation just amazes me. Perhaps if we were to talk about how we raise our children or our favorite recipe we may have been more pleasant to be around. Guess you are the better woman here. Have a nice ... life.
Posting nothing but religious mythology makes it impossible to take you seriously when the topic is one of scientific inquiry. Perhaps you shouldn't bring sporks to gunfights?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
I'm scared of myself!
and speaking of coincidences...earlier right after my very first post about the "Observer" the number 9 started filling up my the search box and going ding...ding...ding...well I thought oh no...got a virus... so I shut down my browser and ran my virus scanner ( and all the time that my scanner was running I was still getting ding...ding...ding)well the scanner didn't pick up anything but the thing was still dinging...then I thought ut oh... I'm in big trouble now...then I happened to notice that the number 9 was stuck down on my key board. lol

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

IReasonablyI wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one more thing for you. There is nothing terribly wrong with being ignorant and your approach in trying to teach leaves much to be desired. There is no reason to be so rude, nor uptight with one that you are not familiar with and have no prior posts with.
You confuse me with a preacher.... oh wait, you said teach, my bad.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
and speaking of coincidences...earlier right after my very first post about the "Observer" the number 9 started filling up my the search box and going ding...ding...ding...well I thought oh no...got a virus... so I shut down my browser and ran my virus scanner ( and all the time that my scanner was running I was still getting ding...ding...ding)well the scanner didn't pick up anything but the thing was still dinging...then I thought ut oh... I'm in big trouble now...then I happened to notice that the number 9 was stuck down on my key board. lol
You must've pressed it 9 times. ;-P

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

kenny gilgan wrote:
I never had a doubt...it's very basic common sense...not to mention the intuitional aspects.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

IReasonablyI wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you should be ignore ... I'll just do that now.
Pft. Let's test that.

Your entire religion is nothing more than assertions lacking any evidence. Therefore your religion is mythology and you are delusional for asserting otherwise.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Pft. Let's test that.
Your entire religion is nothing more than assertions lacking any evidence. Therefore your religion is mythology and you are delusional for asserting otherwise.
you have any thoughts on the Observer Effect?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
you have any thoughts on the Observer Effect?
I don't deal with unsubstantiated applications of hypothetical laws.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't deal with unsubstantiated applications of hypothetical laws.
It's such a cool concept though...no speculations at all?( all religious implication aside)

after all it is quantum physics.
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

rotflmao

what a cope out

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

QuiteCrazy wrote:
rotflmao
what a cope out
who me?:D
AlbertE

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that Mr. Edison was an atheist, don't you??
But that guy JESUS was alright in mine book!!!!

(so quit trying to CONVOLUTE what you know nothing about even-and get a dictionary for simpletons!)
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Not you, all things considered
Catwoman ducked your question.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••