Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#69593 Jan 1, 2013
kenny gilgan wrote:
Intelligent design refers to a scientific research program as well as a community of scientists, philosophers and other scholars who seek evidence of design in nature. The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected
Which is why it's not science. Thank you for proving that creationism is just woowoo.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69595 Jan 1, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The evidence is all around in the timing and structure of natural systems. Systems cycle to do a work and this in itself denotes intelligence in the set up.
Well, first, your assertion that it requires "design" to do this is not evident at all. Secondly, which "intelligence?" None of those asserted by humans so far withstand scrutiny. So you have two things to provide evidence for, that this can't happen on it's own and that your particular "intelligence" made it happen.

Care to compound your assertions?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69596 Jan 1, 2013
IReasonablyI wrote:
<quoted text>
For you to be so rude to me without so much as provocation just amazes me. Perhaps if we were to talk about how we raise our children or our favorite recipe we may have been more pleasant to be around. Guess you are the better woman here. Have a nice ... life.
Posting nothing but religious mythology makes it impossible to take you seriously when the topic is one of scientific inquiry. Perhaps you shouldn't bring sporks to gunfights?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#69597 Jan 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
I'm scared of myself!
and speaking of coincidences...earlier right after my very first post about the "Observer" the number 9 started filling up my the search box and going ding...ding...ding...well I thought oh no...got a virus... so I shut down my browser and ran my virus scanner ( and all the time that my scanner was running I was still getting ding...ding...ding)well the scanner didn't pick up anything but the thing was still dinging...then I thought ut oh... I'm in big trouble now...then I happened to notice that the number 9 was stuck down on my key board. lol

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69598 Jan 1, 2013
IReasonablyI wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one more thing for you. There is nothing terribly wrong with being ignorant and your approach in trying to teach leaves much to be desired. There is no reason to be so rude, nor uptight with one that you are not familiar with and have no prior posts with.
You confuse me with a preacher.... oh wait, you said teach, my bad.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#69600 Jan 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
and speaking of coincidences...earlier right after my very first post about the "Observer" the number 9 started filling up my the search box and going ding...ding...ding...well I thought oh no...got a virus... so I shut down my browser and ran my virus scanner ( and all the time that my scanner was running I was still getting ding...ding...ding)well the scanner didn't pick up anything but the thing was still dinging...then I thought ut oh... I'm in big trouble now...then I happened to notice that the number 9 was stuck down on my key board. lol
You must've pressed it 9 times. ;-P

Location hidden

#69602 Jan 1, 2013
kenny gilgan wrote:
Intelligent design refers to a scientific research program as well as a community of scientists, philosophers and other scholars who seek evidence of design in nature. The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected
I never had a doubt...it's very basic common sense...not to mention the intuitional aspects.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69603 Jan 1, 2013
IReasonablyI wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you should be ignore ... I'll just do that now.
Pft. Let's test that.

Your entire religion is nothing more than assertions lacking any evidence. Therefore your religion is mythology and you are delusional for asserting otherwise.

Location hidden

#69604 Jan 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Pft. Let's test that.
Your entire religion is nothing more than assertions lacking any evidence. Therefore your religion is mythology and you are delusional for asserting otherwise.
you have any thoughts on the Observer Effect?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69605 Jan 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
you have any thoughts on the Observer Effect?
I don't deal with unsubstantiated applications of hypothetical laws.

Location hidden

#69606 Jan 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't deal with unsubstantiated applications of hypothetical laws.
It's such a cool concept though...no speculations at all?( all religious implication aside)

after all it is quantum physics.

“moving in only option”

Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#69607 Jan 1, 2013
rotflmao

what a cope out

Location hidden

#69608 Jan 1, 2013
QuiteCrazy wrote:
rotflmao
what a cope out
who me?:D
AlbertE

Hazard, KY

#69609 Jan 1, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that Mr. Edison was an atheist, don't you??
But that guy JESUS was alright in mine book!!!!

(so quit trying to CONVOLUTE what you know nothing about even-and get a dictionary for simpletons!)

“moving in only option”

Level 6

Location hidden

#69610 Jan 1, 2013
Not you, all things considered
Catwoman ducked your question.

“moving in only option”

Level 6

Location hidden

#69611 Jan 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
who me?:D
Not you all things considered
Catwoman ducked your question
EugeneCernanSaid

Hazard, KY

#69612 Jan 1, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we have quotes from Edison...he was a total atheists, unlike Einstein who was a deist or mild agnostic. Look him up and read about him.
"As we leave the Moon at Taurus-Littrow, we leave as we came, and God willing, as we shall return, with peace and hope for all mankind. God bless the crew of Apollo 17."

On the Apollo 17 mission (December 7-19, 1972),

Because he found space exploration to be utterly "intelligently designed" (not just some random hodge podge "popped into existance".)

FACT.

Location hidden

#69613 Jan 1, 2013
QuiteCrazy wrote:
Not you, all things considered
Catwoman ducked your question.
Just makin' sure...wouldn't what ya to think I... was a copout.:D~
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#69614 Jan 1, 2013
MIDutch wrote:
<quoted text>
For your enlightenment, I was born, baptized and raised as a Christian. I consider myself agnostic with Buddhist tendencies. A "literal and inerrant" translation of the Bible was NEVER a requirement for believing in God and thinking that Adam and Eve and the talking snake and magic fruit and giants and satyrs, etc. were historically and factually real just seemed really silly in the Christian circles I grew up in. Heck, it was my mother and one of the nuns at Sunday school that told me that the stories in the Old Testament were merely myths, fables and fairy tales that God used to teach important lessons to bronze age pastoral cultures that were, for the most part, scientifically ignorant.
If "thinking" adults here in the 21st century want to think those stories are all "literally and inerrantly true" than my using the phrase "bronze age, goat herder FAIRY TALES" is the LEAST of their worries.
:-)

OK, I confess, I had to punch a snotty boy in the nose, ever so slightly-- at *Cateschism* one Saturday a.m., for being BEYOND rude to some of the women of the parish.

I still don't regret it lol.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#69615 Jan 1, 2013
QuiteCrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not you all things considered
Catwoman ducked your question
No you're wrong!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thum...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 4 min Tonk101 4,619
Christian Metal Hangout (Nov '10) 8 min Wolftracks 6
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min wichita-rick 159,949
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 15 min Princess Hey 78,572
Add 2 Letters to Complete a Word 19 min andet1987 415
3 Word Sentence (each word, one syllable only) 24 min Tonk 101 322
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 24 min andet1987 1,230
Poll Can single Men be friends with Married Women? (Jun '12) 28 min Beautiful Black M... 251
Word Association (Jun '10) 37 min Mega Monster 27,013
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 44 min David0407 8,237
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 3 hr NinaRocks 18,025
More from around the web