Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
65,341 - 65,360 of 114,742 Comments Last updated 15 min ago

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
People didn't want to hear the truth in the time of Jesus and this world is just as cold and corrupt today. If a man who claims to be a follower of Jesus can not tell people there is a real Hell where there is flames and torment, then he fears men more than God. The name of Jesus can bring us up out of those flames.
So you have nothing at all to support your claims, thus you just begin spamming. Great, have a good day MUQ ... oh wait, I meant KJV .... erm, that's not correct either ....

.... or is it?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know either.
Next question: Is it right to prose-cute a sinner?
that would imply some sort of religious authoritarian judgement...

I guess it would be based on the severity of the sin...

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

anonymous wrote:
YOU, that magical megaphone of perspective, YOU're dictating to 98 percent what the 2 percent will accept.
I see that you missed the fact that a *majority* of Americans believe that same-sex couples should have their marriages given legal recognition. Not merely as "civil unions", but as *marriages*.

The trends are *not* going in your homophobic favor.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
The Observer Effect(quantum physics)... basically implies that the Universe could not have come into existence with out an Observer being present.
If this indeed be the case...then where is the Observer now?
If there was an Observer at the the beginning of the Universe...the Observer would have to be transcendent of both time and space..."I know

and the "infinite intelligence" reference made by Edison, might of hit the nail right on the head.

and it must be assumed that the Observer is here now and has always been here.

Do you ever get the feeling when your alone, that your not really alone?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

IReasonablyI wrote:
<quoted text>
More educated how exactly?
Do I sound beyond ignorant to you?
Are you trying to belittle me and why exactly?
It would be one thing had I said anything offensive to
you or anyone else and I can't see that I've done that.
Yes, you do sound ignorant to me.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

IReasonablyI wrote:
I realize Topix is not the best place to discuss this subject, nor is it a good place for politics.
Know what I think would be nice - that is if the true believers spoke only to those others with similiar beliefs and the nonbelievers discussed what it is they wish to discuss.
Since there is no real proof on either side of this matter, IMO. Faith is not proof and my opinions on evolution offers me no proof either.
There you go, now you don't just sound ignorant, you provided evidence that you are ignorant.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was an Observer at the the beginning of the Universe...the Observer would have to be transcendent of both time and space..."I know
and the "infinite intelligence" reference made by Edison, might of hit the nail right on the head.
and it must be assumed that the Observer is here now and has always been here.
Do you ever get the feeling when your alone, that your not really alone?
You feel the presence of something?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I do now...lol
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
and as for the rest of your post here--I find all that dark age goat herder stuff only slightly useful, like for examples of how NOT to mire through life barbarically UNenlightened.
That, and for the studies of historical civilization as far as insights into-as we know it...thus far anyway!
For your enlightenment, I was born, baptized and raised as a Christian. I consider myself agnostic with Buddhist tendencies. A "literal and inerrant" translation of the Bible was NEVER a requirement for believing in God and thinking that Adam and Eve and the talking snake and magic fruit and giants and satyrs, etc. were historically and factually real just seemed really silly in the Christian circles I grew up in. Heck, it was my mother and one of the nuns at Sunday school that told me that the stories in the Old Testament were merely myths, fables and fairy tales that God used to teach important lessons to bronze age pastoral cultures that were, for the most part, scientifically ignorant.

If "thinking" adults here in the 21st century want to think those stories are all "literally and inerrantly true" than my using the phrase "bronze age, goat herder FAIRY TALES" is the LEAST of their worries.

Level 1

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Intelligent design refers to a scientific research program as well as a community of scientists, philosophers and other scholars who seek evidence of design in nature. The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, I am a little more sensitive to such things than most.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I do now...lol
lol

I'm scared of myself!

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are preoccupied with ignorance. You never had a sexual life.......get over it, it's not important. You were no doubt abused as a child......get over it. You are a hateful person who only sends hate. Get over it all. Every message you send is filled with doubt, sour opinion and total ignorance in everything.........GET A LIFE.
Why all those hateful things could be said of you. So far I have not been impressed with your alledged "higher education." Are you really talking about an education at the "University of a Higher Power?" If you are, that would explain your attitude. Now why don't you stop thinking about me taking a shower and find something nonviolent to take up your time.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

kenny gilgan wrote:
Intelligent design refers to a scientific research program as well as a community of scientists, philosophers and other scholars who seek evidence of design in nature. The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected
The evidence is all around in the timing and structure of natural systems. Systems cycle to do a work and this in itself denotes intelligence in the set up.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

kenny gilgan wrote:
Which is why it's not science. Thank you for proving that creationism is just woowoo.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The evidence is all around in the timing and structure of natural systems. Systems cycle to do a work and this in itself denotes intelligence in the set up.
Well, first, your assertion that it requires "design" to do this is not evident at all. Secondly, which "intelligence?" None of those asserted by humans so far withstand scrutiny. So you have two things to provide evidence for, that this can't happen on it's own and that your particular "intelligence" made it happen.

Care to compound your assertions?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

IReasonablyI wrote:
<quoted text>
For you to be so rude to me without so much as provocation just amazes me. Perhaps if we were to talk about how we raise our children or our favorite recipe we may have been more pleasant to be around. Guess you are the better woman here. Have a nice ... life.
Posting nothing but religious mythology makes it impossible to take you seriously when the topic is one of scientific inquiry. Perhaps you shouldn't bring sporks to gunfights?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
I'm scared of myself!
and speaking of coincidences...earlier right after my very first post about the "Observer" the number 9 started filling up my the search box and going ding...ding...ding...well I thought oh no...got a virus... so I shut down my browser and ran my virus scanner ( and all the time that my scanner was running I was still getting ding...ding...ding)well the scanner didn't pick up anything but the thing was still dinging...then I thought ut oh... I'm in big trouble now...then I happened to notice that the number 9 was stuck down on my key board. lol

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

IReasonablyI wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one more thing for you. There is nothing terribly wrong with being ignorant and your approach in trying to teach leaves much to be desired. There is no reason to be so rude, nor uptight with one that you are not familiar with and have no prior posts with.
You confuse me with a preacher.... oh wait, you said teach, my bad.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
and speaking of coincidences...earlier right after my very first post about the "Observer" the number 9 started filling up my the search box and going ding...ding...ding...well I thought oh no...got a virus... so I shut down my browser and ran my virus scanner ( and all the time that my scanner was running I was still getting ding...ding...ding)well the scanner didn't pick up anything but the thing was still dinging...then I thought ut oh... I'm in big trouble now...then I happened to notice that the number 9 was stuck down on my key board. lol
You must've pressed it 9 times. ;-P

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••