Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#69488 Jan 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You deny your own science because you cannot except the possibility of "God"...when in fact you state that " anything can come from nothing "
So what you are really saying is "anything can come from nothing, except "God"
No, you are stating that only your god can come from nothing. I am stating we have no evidence of your god therefore the claim can be dismissed.
I asked you to validate your claim that I "stated"
"that only your god can come from nothing."
by a direct quote...that was all?
can you or not?
Just because we do not often SEE the science in nature-does NOT mean it is not there!!

Only ignorance would dismiss anything like that!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#69489 Jan 1, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
A brilliant man!
I agree.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69490 Jan 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You deny your own science because you cannot except the possibility of "God"...when in fact you state that " anything can come from nothing "
So what you are really saying is "anything can come from nothing, except "God"
No, you are stating that only your god can come from nothing. I am stating we have no evidence of your god therefore the claim can be dismissed.
I asked you to validate your claim that I "stated"
"that only your god can come from nothing."
by a direct quote...that was all?
can you or not?
If anything can come from nothing, then there is no God. Or if nothing can come from nothing, neither can God.

Idle speculation. There's no way to take it any further.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69491 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>
DianeTICS...the one MOST boring, self-encompassed, poor excuse of a "book" ever I had the displeasure of-ugh-even trying (by forcing self) to read.
Bet there weren't many hard copies of that paperback of mere outhouse usefulness!!!!!
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!
Yeah, but did you read the bio? He's a classic charlatan on every level.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#69492 Jan 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then you accept the fact that there is a possibility that your god does not exist?
Do you accept the FACT that there is a possibility that a higher intelligence of design might exist?

If not, the don't expect ANYONE else to accept (and most especially do not HARP, RAG and NAG at others about...) merely YOUR opinion, because NOT everyone will agree on the subject-EVER.
And THAT is the FACT.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#69493 Jan 1, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>If anything can come from nothing, then there is no God. Or if nothing can come from nothing, neither can God.
FACT.

Until Science (or whatever) proves otherwise :-)
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

#69494 Jan 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, science is just now catching up to concepts that are thousands of years old...which is actually quite funny if you think about it...LMAO
Really?

So, when does science catch up to that "magic fruit that makes an eater immortal" concept? I'm in my 50's and wish they would hurry the hell up.

When does science catch up to the "talking animals" concept? Just like in children's cartoons. That would be fun to experience.

When does science catch up to the "sun standing still in the sky" concept for those of us who don't seem to have enough hours in the day?

Location hidden

#69495 Jan 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then you accept the fact that there is a possibility that your god does not exist?
Only if you accept the fact that there is a possibility that you don't exist.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#69496 Jan 1, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>If anything can come from nothing, then there is no God. Or if nothing can come from nothing, neither can God.
Like Quanutmn physics...more aprapo to INTELLIGENT design, rather than mere animalisTIC panderings .

My "God" has REAL ETHICS, decency, Morality (does YOURS?) as well as consideration of OTHERS--is not all greedy and selfish, self centered and self absorbed (like flipping six year olds with their know no better hands grabbing under pinnatas, like uncontrolled animals for the flying candy that someone ELSE put into it), is NOT all braggart and sleazy, inconsiderate or vile...and does NOT seek it's own--especially out on OTHERS.

Therefore MY "God" exists as much, as yours does NOT.

Like it or not :-).
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

#69497 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you accept the FACT that there is a possibility that a higher intelligence of design might exist?
If one does, it certainly won't be like anything described in the bronze age collection of goat herder myths, fables and fairy tales known as the Bible. NO higher cosmic intelligence could be that stupid.
<quoted text>If not, the don't expect ANYONE else to accept (and most especially do not HARP, RAG and NAG at others about...) merely YOUR opinion, because NOT everyone will agree on the subject-EVER. And THAT is the FACT.
This is true. There do seem to be LOTS of people who prefer "living" in the 14th century and remaining willfully ignorant of the VAST amount of science that is known.

BTW, the VAST majority of the world's scientists and populace DO accept the scientific validity of the ToE.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#69498 Jan 1, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but did you read the bio? He's a classic charlatan on every level.
Typical of mankind...brillance in factoring does not always mean brillance in COMMON SENSE.

That's probably where the term "mad scientists" arose from..uh..and DUH.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69499 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>
FACT.
Until Science (or whatever) proves otherwise :-)
You have a strange definition of "fact" but I don't prove negatives!

...or is this turning into a Monty Python argument skit?

Location hidden

#69500 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Like Quanutmn physics...more aprapo to INTELLIGENT design, rather than mere animalisTIC panderings .
My "God" has REAL ETHICS, decency, Morality (does YOURS?) as well as consideration of OTHERS--is not all greedy and selfish, self centered and self absorbed (like flipping six year olds with their know no better hands grabbing under pinnatas, like uncontrolled animals for the flying candy that someone ELSE put into it), is NOT all braggart and sleazy, inconsiderate or vile...and does NOT seek it's own--especially out on OTHERS.
"Like Quanutmn physics...more aprapo to INTELLIGENT design, rather than mere animalisTIC panderings ."

exactly...brilliant
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69501 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>
My personality has it's own moral compass! It seems that yours does not. I'm not inclined to put my faith in your morality without one! Touche!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69502 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Typical of mankind...brillance in factoring does not always mean brillance in COMMON SENSE.
That's probably where the term "mad scientists" arose from..uh..and DUH.
Moral inversions are illogical and cliche!

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#69503 Jan 1, 2013
mee wrote:
I am still NOT convinced that we came from apes. I don't know how we all came about, but it can't be from apes.
They cannot be my ancestors,NO WAY !!!!!!!
My heart and mind is my scientific evidence on this subject,until I see real proof in the future.
You mean, like this?

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC050.h...
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#69504 Jan 1, 2013
MIDutch wrote:
<quoted text>
If one does, it certainly won't be like anything described in the bronze age collection of goat herder myths, fables and fairy tales known as the Bible. NO higher cosmic intelligence could be that stupid.
<quoted text>
This is true. There do seem to be LOTS of people who prefer "living" in the 14th century and remaining willfully ignorant of the VAST amount of science that is known.
BTW, the VAST majority of the world's scientists and populace DO accept the scientific validity of the ToE.
I do too, but I see absolutely no rationality in "just dismissing" other possibilities from realms of that which we do NOT know, or do I see ANY justification, whatsoever, in excusing just vile behavior against others, under the mere Ignorant "guide" of NOT believing in a "higher realm" (of whatever sort).

Mostly because I don't believe in using just Ignorance as an excuse, on EITHER side of THAT aisle either.

Ignorance is ignorance, but willfull ignorance out of nothing but Hate, is , with out a doubt, the worse of the proverbial "evils".
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#69505 Jan 1, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Moral inversions are illogical and cliche!
Well you'll just have Pardon my morality then, it's always done well for me.:-)
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#69506 Jan 1, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>My personality has it's own moral compass! It seems that yours does not. I'm not inclined to put my faith in your morality without one! Touche!
Nor would I wish you or anyone else too.

That psychoTic type stalker stuff is some SICKO business now.

EWE...EWE and double EWE....(and get away!!)
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#69507 Jan 1, 2013
In 2013 people should get that god is not real..WAKE UP AND THINK YOU RELIGOUS FREAKS.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
any word you want to say (Dec '09) 7 min PESCreate - Trish 8,144
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 11 min PESCreate - Trish 1,985
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 13 min Doug77 9,062
What's your tip for the day? 24 min PESCreate - Trish 1,057
What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 29 min PESCreate - Trish 935
Does Topix Lie? 33 min PESCreate - Trish 3
Cops: Wash. Man Posed as Policeman ... for 25 Y... 39 min Anonomuss 5
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 42 min John Lofton 20,408
What Could Be Sweet,...? 1 hr Hide my location 37
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Tom2Tone 147,142