Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#69468 Jan 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
"the left side of the brain is the seat of language and processes in a logical and sequential order."
The right side is more visual and processes intuitively, holistically, and randomly. Most people seem to have a dominant side."
You seem to be dominantly left brained to an extreme.
Which explains alot of things( not that there's anything wrong with that)
Interesting ...
http://www.youtube.com/user/kittenkoder

My current project is a video game, I had to learn how to put my artwork into 3D actually, thus that entire channel's existence, I was practicing sculpting on a computer in place of using clay or various other materials. I'm a music critique as well, well not a publishing critique, I help musicians who are just starting out by offering them tips on how to improve their quality. Of course I'd rather be the artist, thus my pride and joy, the one video that I finally achieved my goal of sculpting on a digital format:

I also play all woodwinds, was recruited for school band but it never interested me as much as sculpting, if only I got along with the idiotic art teachers that thought only one type of art was actually art. I am a table top gamemaster as well, as in, I create the stories and plots for the players to enjoy. Pretty popular in my heyday, such a high demand players actually paid my rent a lot so I could run more games more often. That was my favorite form of art, the character development and tales we could create.

You should avoid making assumptions, I know it's a habit, but assumptions tend to fail more often than not. Psychoanalysis isn't even accurate all the time, it's only about 75% accurate actually, thus why psychiatry is not a real science.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69469 Jan 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
you keep saying "your" God...like God would be some kind of material possession...
"you are stating that only your god can come from nothing"...
I did?...where did I say that?
No, it's your claim, until demonstrated otherwise "god" is nothing but a claim, and not a very good one as it lacks in definitive description. Saying "your god" is pointing out that I am addressing your specific claim out of the millions of others. You can attempt to usurp the label just for your claim, but the other claims are just as valid as yours still. Until one specific claim is demonstrated more valid, all are just as valid.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#69470 Jan 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting ...
http://www.youtube.com/user/kittenkoder
My current project is a video game, I had to learn how to put my artwork into 3D actually, thus that entire channel's existence, I was practicing sculpting on a computer in place of using clay or various other materials. I'm a music critique as well, well not a publishing critique, I help musicians who are just starting out by offering them tips on how to improve their quality. Of course I'd rather be the artist, thus my pride and joy, the one video that I finally achieved my goal of sculpting on a digital format:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =57Ozwn7kYwYXX
I also play all woodwinds, was recruited for school band but it never interested me as much as sculpting, if only I got along with the idiotic art teachers that thought only one type of art was actually art. I am a table top gamemaster as well, as in, I create the stories and plots for the players to enjoy. Pretty popular in my heyday, such a high demand players actually paid my rent a lot so I could run more games more often. That was my favorite form of art, the character development and tales we could create.
You should avoid making assumptions, I know it's a habit, but assumptions tend to fail more often than not. Psychoanalysis isn't even accurate all the time, it's only about 75% accurate actually, thus why psychiatry is not a real science.
I did say you seemed...which was implied by your posts.

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#69471 Jan 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Tim was wasting his life, he's a sports star, a pretty pointless career choice that results in loss of brain cells and health.
Now back to the actual topic at hand. Wasting one's life worshiping something that has no evidence to support it in the hopes that you are correct is a waste of time, and therefore a waste of your life. So yes, following a deity of any sort without first requesting evidence to support it is a waste of your life. In the mean time us atheists are spending our free time learning, with open minds, about ... well ... everything.
The irony is that your entire counter argument is based on more assertions and zero evidence, so you still fail to make a counter argument at all just based on that fact. Ancient Egyptians had advanced geometry, yet we don't assert their religions are true. They ironically also have way more supporting evidence for their gods than any of the more modern ones. Aztecs had advanced astronomy, but you don't assert their gods are true, why not? They had more evidence of their gods as well, using your standards of course.
Tebow is not wasting his life, he's earning millions now, that he won't have to labor to earn lator...and he'll be a valuable marketing commodity all throughout his life, long after his football career has ended...

Yes, we getting kind of side tracked...

But your assertion that people somehow 'waste' their life by believing in and or relating to 'God' or 'Jesus the savior'...is invalid...

On the contrary...many peoples lives are way more fulfilled, when brought into the fold of believers...just through community interaction...and being around others who celebrate higher principles...

That I do have proof and evidence of...I don't see very many sour faced Christians...

But that's not to say all religions lead to that...
Some religions indeed can be unhealthy...just depends on the leadership or motive of the person who started any given particular sect...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69472 Jan 1, 2013
Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
And as I said before...if there is a 'whooosh'...after it's all done and said...then what?
Like the person who stands on the beach, waiting for visual proof of that tidal wave, instead of evacuating the beach like others who saw signs...
"oh no...I need physical proof that a tidal wave exists"
Now here comes the wave, you have your proof...now what?
And what about others you have talked into standing on the beach with you...how will your doubt, or words, comfort them at that moment when the proof you so saught after is upon you...
Better to evacuate for nothing, than to stand there in the face of oblivion.
Cause at that moment, your words of doubt won't mean nothing, or provide any comfort to those you led to the beach head with you, and too are about to face oblivion...
Yes it's a hypathetical, but has real life implications...
Funny you use the tidal wave as an example. To demonstrate how such an example fails miserably here's visual evidence a tidal wave is about to happen:

The water for the massive wave must come from somewhere, water nearby is much easier to move so the water from the nearby locales are gathered by the wave's energy. Standing on a beach just before one you will see this effect, the water line recedes quit quickly to almost the edge of the shelf, which is often farther than most people can see, up to twenty minutes before the wave itself hits the shelf. The actual wave is the result of the massive amount of water hitting that specific shelf, actually. Pushing the water up with the force of the event. The water then beings to rush in, but not suddenly, you see it "rise" quickly but it takes a while to actually return to the point it was just before it finally breaks inland. Anyone on the beach will know of a tidal wave about the same time seismologists know of it.

Anyhow, there would still be evidence to support the tidal wave, there is no evidence supporting your claim. That's the big difference. The seismologists prove to be more and more reliable each time, yet even they make mistakes in their evidence enough to cause catastrophes. It's not their fault, if they went crying wolf at every single undersea earthquake, people would stop listening, and rightfully so. There are thousands of undersea earthquakes every year, but only once in a while do they have enough of an effect to cause catastrophe.

So if you could just demonstrate reliably that your god exists, then you will have something to cry wolf about, until then, your many empty wolf cries are demonstrating your claim is fallacious.

Location hidden

#69473 Jan 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's your claim, until demonstrated otherwise "god" is nothing but a claim, and not a very good one as it lacks in definitive description. Saying "your god" is pointing out that I am addressing your specific claim out of the millions of others. You can attempt to usurp the label just for your claim, but the other claims are just as valid as yours still. Until one specific claim is demonstrated more valid, all are just as valid.
Actually your putting words in my mouth that I didn't say to justify your own belief system...

please quote me to validate your claim.

Location hidden

#69474 Jan 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You deny your own science because you cannot except the possibility of "God"...when in fact you state that " anything can come from nothing "
So what you are really saying is "anything can come from nothing, except "God"

No, you are stating that only your god can come from nothing. I am stating we have no evidence of your god therefore the claim can be dismissed.

where?

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#69475 Jan 1, 2013
Correction :Yes we're getting kind of side tracked...

(it's the key pad, or these apps on here, that make the key pad hesitate)

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69476 Jan 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I did say you seemed...which was implied by your posts.
Since I'm not wasting my time worshiping something that lacks evidence, I have time to study pretty much everything. Instead of reading the same book over an over again, I find more books to read. Instead of sitting in some chapel having some fool tel me the same mythology over and over again, I'm watching and even participating in lectures by many very well studied people on many different topics. Instead of wasting hours a day calling to something that has not shown itself, ever, I am exploring the world itself. Instead of dealing with family or neighborhood drama over who's doing what I think is "wrong," I'm traveling the country and expanding my neighborhood to include the whole world.

Do not confused well studied with someone lacking in other areas, it's not intelligent to do so.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69477 Jan 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually your putting words in my mouth that I didn't say to justify your own belief system...
please quote me to validate your claim.
Your reply makes no sense, I said:

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69478 Jan 1, 2013
Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
Tebow is not wasting his life, he's earning millions now, that he won't have to labor to earn lator...and he'll be a valuable marketing commodity all throughout his life, long after his football career has ended...
Yes, we getting kind of side tracked...
But your assertion that people somehow 'waste' their life by believing in and or relating to 'God' or 'Jesus the savior'...is invalid...
On the contrary...many peoples lives are way more fulfilled, when brought into the fold of believers...just through community interaction...and being around others who celebrate higher principles...
That I do have proof and evidence of...I don't see very many sour faced Christians...
But that's not to say all religions lead to that...
Some religions indeed can be unhealthy...just depends on the leadership or motive of the person who started any given particular sect...
so you judge the value of life by how much money one has? That's just plain greed.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69479 Jan 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
The example was already given.
Buddhism? Something from nothing? That's just idle speculation.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#69480 Jan 1, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hehehe.
Good one huh :-)
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#69481 Jan 1, 2013
mee wrote:
nope.... I am still NOT convinced that we came from apes. I don't know how we all came about, but it can't be from apes.
They cannot be my ancestors,NO WAY !!!!!!!
My heart and mind is my scientific evidence on this subject,until I see real proof in the future.
Darwin was stymied several times, as a young man, when exploring the islands of the Galapoagos. He missed several key elements (like NO apes do not fall from the sky, OR just materialize out of the ground into ape from) of the evolutionary theories, at that time.

But hey, NO ONE is perfect...that is why there are MANY, MANY others-that have, and will continue to contribute to the still UNKNOWN factors of ALL the theories.

(even if DUHM as ROCKs does seem to best fit our species sometimes lol)
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#69482 Jan 1, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Buddhism? Something from nothing? That's just idle speculation.
Hardly.

Peaceful living cannot be "bought", as that requires actual brain activity.
SO quit your whining.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#69483 Jan 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
"I know this world is ruled by infinite intelligence. Everything that surrounds us- everything that exists - proves that there are infinite laws behind it. There can be no denying this fact. It is mathematical in its precision."
Thomas A. Edison
A brilliant man!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69484 Jan 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You deny your own science because you cannot except the possibility of "God"...when in fact you state that " anything can come from nothing "
No, you are stating that only your god can come from nothing. I am stating we have no evidence of your god therefore the claim can be dismissed.
where?
So then you accept the fact that there is a possibility that your god does not exist?

Location hidden

#69485 Jan 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>

I asked you to validate your claim that I "stated"
"that only your god can come from nothing."

by a direct quote...that was all?

can you or not?
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#69486 Jan 1, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
L.Ron. Hubbard was a low-life. Check out his bio.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard
DianeTICS...the one MOST boring, self-encompassed, poor excuse of a "book" ever I had the displeasure of-ugh-even trying (by forcing self) to read.
Bet there weren't many hard copies of that paperback of mere outhouse usefulness!!!!!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69487 Jan 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
so you judge the value of life by how much money one has? That's just plain greed.
Well, I never liked the idea that true artist all must suffer, and die an early death before they become famous. We don't have a patronage driven society. I guess the only way to mix art with money is by selling out to the corporations, which pretty much means the art turns to cr!p.

You'll never reach more than a niche market if you don't understand the corporate formula though. I kind of packed it in on the arts because nobody appreciates it anymore. Everyone just wants a fantasy fix. So...am I pimping my imagination out or living in denial thinking that I'm not part of the system?

Let someone else start the rebellions. I'll play a part when it happens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 5 min Chilli J 1,988
What ?? are you thinking about NOW? 2014 6 min ms_Sweeter 402
the good old days ..... 10 min TALLYHO 8541 28
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 15 min Enzo49 20,544
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 17 min Parden Pard 54,591
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 23 min Wolftracks 146,987
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 25 min Rose of Tralee 24,134
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr eleanorigby 36,510
What's your tip for the day? 2 hr Chilli J 1,064
•••