Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,259)

Showing posts 65,161 - 65,180 of111,533
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Bible Belt wrote:
<quoted text>Free from sin and worthy of eternal life.
Religion calls it SIN. Science calls it DISEASE.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
As with my last post, I reserve judgement as to who is projecting and who is being projected upon.
Have it your way. Meanwhile, without explanation, I'll feel free to dismiss your claim as groundless.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially since freedom and equal rights are (supposed to be) an important part of the US Constitution, are they not?
And that includes freedom of religion, and politics that isn't trying to bring down the government. That's why we reject Communism as a legitimate political party.

That's why the stipulations on discrimination are almost exclusively based on genetics. It's a current problem that we consider religion a discrimination issue. If any religion, which I won't suggest any by name, gets it into their doctrine that they must destroy democracy, then I'll bet that we'll be amending the Constitution to address the subject properly.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying that you have no *objective* evidence that supports a claim that homosexuality is merely about people lusting after their own bodies.
Yeah, we figured that.
Bodies have sexual organs.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that you would respond for it. You are becoming a very interesting subject.
You still haven't answered my question. What turns you on? Do you wish to have maternal instincts as well? You want to know how breastfeeding feels like? Do im-plants turn you on?

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The only wrong assumption was that I would consider even pulling others into it. ;)
At least you actually know what Goth is, many do not, so I have to give you credit for that. Nano has made the failed assertion many times, yet every time evidence is request it backs out like a scared child and gets others to do it's dirty work, thinking that will somehow either excuse it's lies, or make us forget that Nano started the lies in the first place.
Feel free to not respond to the bulk of this and crop it from any response so as to avoid being sucked into the web of dishonesty, I shall not blame you.
GOT H?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
XO wrote: really?...show me the verse that Christ says...kill your enemies.
KittenKoder replied: No, your god commands it.
And he did. Oh, sorry, that was the days before wine and roses hippy days, right? My bad.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Have it your way. Meanwhile, without explanation, I'll feel free to dismiss your claim as groundless.
And I'll feel free to ask for your grounds when making a claim. Such is politics.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
And that includes freedom of religion, and politics that isn't trying to bring down the government. That's why we reject Communism as a legitimate political party.
Actually methinks American Communists don't view themselves as trying to bring down the Government but rather have it operate differently. But let's face it, most of America doesn't know the difference between Communism and Stalinism. But I digress...
anonymous wrote:
That's why the stipulations on discrimination are almost exclusively based on genetics. It's a current problem that we consider religion a discrimination issue.
So religion is based on genetics? Really?
anonymous wrote:
If any religion, which I won't suggest any by name, gets it into their doctrine that they must destroy democracy, then I'll bet that we'll be amending the Constitution to address the subject properly.
Well the creationists HAVE been trying to do that for over a century. So far (thankfully) they've been unsuccessful for the most part. Doesn't mean to say they won't stop trying though.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Other Translations of Exodus 20:13
Thou shalt not kill.
- King James Version (1611)
"You shall not murder.
- New American Standard Version (1995)
Thou shalt not kill.
- American Standard Version (1901)
Do not put anyone to death without cause.
- Basic English Bible
Thou shalt not kill.
- Darby Bible
Thou shalt not kill.
- Douay Rheims Bible
Thou shalt not kill.
- Webster's Bible
You shall not murder.
- World English Bible
`Thou dost not murder.
- Youngs Literal Bible
Thou shalt not murder.
Let's see: Murder is cool if God sanctions it. Thou shalt not kill contradicts God-sanctioned killing. And do not put anyone to death without good cause allows for such causes as gays, slaves, magical witches and disobedient sons to name a few.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>And I'll feel free to ask for your grounds when making a claim.
And, unlike yourself, I will provide them when asked.
anonymous wrote:
Such is politics.
So you say.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
and the lesson is?...those in power mis-use the idea of God to promote their own agendas.
The exact same way they do today.In fact, it's the exact same thing that you are doing.
Except it's what you are doing - ignoring divinely sanctioned killing to pretend your favourite religious book is chock-fulla good morals. The reality is that it is in some places, and in others it ain't. And that if it weren't for some of those people in ancient history "misusing the idea of God" as you put it, you might not have been Christian today. As they were after all the Christian ruling class who ultimately passed down the religion down the generations.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Given that a *majority* of Americans already support the legal recognition of same-sex marriage, it's hardly going against the tide to demand that the United States deal with it.
anonymous wrote:
Statistics, eh? It sure seems to me that that the voting record disagrees.
We have no voting record on this issue at the national level.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Free from what?
Bible Belt wrote:
Free from sin and worthy of eternal life.
What is "sin"?
WhatDoesJesusDo

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Fill the needs, for those that allow him.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The only wrong assumption was that I would consider even pulling others into it. ;)
At least you actually know what Goth is, many do not, so I have to give you credit for that. Nano has made the failed assertion many times, yet every time evidence is request it backs out like a scared child and gets others to do it's dirty work, thinking that will somehow either excuse it's lies, or make us forget that Nano started the lies in the first place.
Feel free to not respond to the bulk of this and crop it from any response so as to avoid being sucked into the web of dishonesty, I shall not blame you.
From what I've observed, Nanoanomaly and Cybele both believe in a sort of intuitive mysticism which they are working out through this anonymous forum dialog. They are not patient enough to be empirical thinkers and they aren't independent enough to keep free of the usual politics even though they would like to be.

Probably, they are both under thirty years old, and may not see their older selves looking back at them. Hopefully, we see something of our youthful determination in them. Life goes on!

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

So you're saying that you have no *objective* evidence that supports a claim that homosexuality is merely about people lusting after their own bodies. Yeah, we figured that.
Cybele wrote:
Bodies have sexual organs.
One of those sexual organs is the human brain, which determines whether we're attracted to members of the same sex or members of the opposite sex.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The act of homosexuality is sex without reproduction. Yes, I call that a disease. It's harmful to biology. The slippery slope was always there. You just don't like the wording. That's not my problem.
So condoms are a disease and harmful to biology. Recreational hetrosexual sex is also sex without reproduction. It is also a disease and harmful to biology. Didn't figure you to be one of those fundie-type abstinence only idiots.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It is called CHRISTianity after all...based on the teaching of the Christ. Even Christ chastise their barbaric ways.
Christ said not one letter of the law shall change. This is contrary to many a fundie's assertion that somehow the nasty old laws were thrown out once Jesus came riding in on his triceratops.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 65,161 - 65,180 of111,533
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

148 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 3 min Old Sam 2,949
Word goes to the Movies (Nov '08) 4 min Ami in Miami 13,947
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 4 min Old Sam 12,917
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 5 min cretin56 6,038
Add a word and drop a word 6 min Old Sam 891
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 9 min buck 14,102
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min ms_Sweeter 140,237
she talks to angels 11 min Ozzie 16
How to become Unbannable 26 min And we are back 53