Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69324 Dec 31, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
More than 60% of Americans support adoption by gays.
<quoted text>
Given that a *majority* of Americans already support the legal recognition of same-sex marriage, it's hardly going against the tide to demand that the United States deal with it.
Statistics, eh? It sure seems to me that that the voting record disagrees.

The demographics HIGHLY favor gay marriage in urban areas from what I've seen. It kind of goes along with the personal space and overstimulation thing that I've been talking about. I can't say that I agree with it and I'll never endorse it, but if you really get a majority, and not just 10 million New Yorkers who think they can tell Kansas what to do, then I'll say that you have sufficient consensus to give it a try.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#69325 Dec 31, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you are referring to the cat fights. To some extent, it seemed that you weren't avoiding them but you were not being quite so mean as others so I figured I wouldn't butt in and ruin your style of debate. Was that the wrong assumption to make? As I've said, I do make assumptions and the Goth style of dress usually suggests someone who does things their own way.
The only wrong assumption was that I would consider even pulling others into it. ;)

At least you actually know what Goth is, many do not, so I have to give you credit for that. Nano has made the failed assertion many times, yet every time evidence is request it backs out like a scared child and gets others to do it's dirty work, thinking that will somehow either excuse it's lies, or make us forget that Nano started the lies in the first place.

Feel free to not respond to the bulk of this and crop it from any response so as to avoid being sucked into the web of dishonesty, I shall not blame you.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#69326 Dec 31, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>All forms of communication that are about emotions, yes. You disagree?
I do. And that was not an explanation.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69327 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's not the same as psychological projection.
This is what we're talking about:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_pr...
Yes, but is that actually a biological phenomena, or is it an attempt to communicate something that one fears rejection of?

I only take Freud in bits and pieces. Same defense mechanism, different judgement from the outside world. Just trying to be fair and balanced.

Level 1

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#69328 Dec 31, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Free from what?
Free from sin and worthy of eternal life.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69329 Dec 31, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I do. And that was not an explanation.
As with my last post, I reserve judgement as to who is projecting and who is being projected upon.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69330 Dec 31, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
More than 60% of Americans support adoption by gays.
<quoted text>
Given that a *majority* of Americans already support the legal recognition of same-sex marriage, it's hardly going against the tide to demand that the United States deal with it.
Especially since freedom and equal rights are (supposed to be) an important part of the US Constitution, are they not?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69331 Dec 31, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't notice any mention of global warming in his post.
Sometimes it can be just something really REALLY dumb, which is in equal dumbness to the mere mentioning of g w.
nanoanomaly wrote:
Admit it, you are addicted to kitty whacking.
Okay, admittedly, maybe...

:-/

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#69332 Dec 31, 2012
Bible Belt wrote:
<quoted text>Free from sin and worthy of eternal life.
Religion calls it SIN. Science calls it DISEASE.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#69333 Dec 31, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
As with my last post, I reserve judgement as to who is projecting and who is being projected upon.
Have it your way. Meanwhile, without explanation, I'll feel free to dismiss your claim as groundless.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69335 Dec 31, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially since freedom and equal rights are (supposed to be) an important part of the US Constitution, are they not?
And that includes freedom of religion, and politics that isn't trying to bring down the government. That's why we reject Communism as a legitimate political party.

That's why the stipulations on discrimination are almost exclusively based on genetics. It's a current problem that we consider religion a discrimination issue. If any religion, which I won't suggest any by name, gets it into their doctrine that they must destroy democracy, then I'll bet that we'll be amending the Constitution to address the subject properly.

Level 5

above and beyond

#69336 Dec 31, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying that you have no *objective* evidence that supports a claim that homosexuality is merely about people lusting after their own bodies.
Yeah, we figured that.
Bodies have sexual organs.

Level 5

above and beyond

#69337 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that you would respond for it. You are becoming a very interesting subject.
You still haven't answered my question. What turns you on? Do you wish to have maternal instincts as well? You want to know how breastfeeding feels like? Do im-plants turn you on?

Level 5

above and beyond

#69338 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The only wrong assumption was that I would consider even pulling others into it. ;)
At least you actually know what Goth is, many do not, so I have to give you credit for that. Nano has made the failed assertion many times, yet every time evidence is request it backs out like a scared child and gets others to do it's dirty work, thinking that will somehow either excuse it's lies, or make us forget that Nano started the lies in the first place.
Feel free to not respond to the bulk of this and crop it from any response so as to avoid being sucked into the web of dishonesty, I shall not blame you.
GOT H?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69339 Dec 31, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
XO wrote: really?...show me the verse that Christ says...kill your enemies.
KittenKoder replied: No, your god commands it.
And he did. Oh, sorry, that was the days before wine and roses hippy days, right? My bad.

Level 5

above and beyond

#69340 Dec 31, 2012
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69341 Dec 31, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Have it your way. Meanwhile, without explanation, I'll feel free to dismiss your claim as groundless.
And I'll feel free to ask for your grounds when making a claim. Such is politics.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69342 Dec 31, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
And that includes freedom of religion, and politics that isn't trying to bring down the government. That's why we reject Communism as a legitimate political party.
Actually methinks American Communists don't view themselves as trying to bring down the Government but rather have it operate differently. But let's face it, most of America doesn't know the difference between Communism and Stalinism. But I digress...
anonymous wrote:
That's why the stipulations on discrimination are almost exclusively based on genetics. It's a current problem that we consider religion a discrimination issue.
So religion is based on genetics? Really?
anonymous wrote:
If any religion, which I won't suggest any by name, gets it into their doctrine that they must destroy democracy, then I'll bet that we'll be amending the Constitution to address the subject properly.
Well the creationists HAVE been trying to do that for over a century. So far (thankfully) they've been unsuccessful for the most part. Doesn't mean to say they won't stop trying though.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69343 Dec 31, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Other Translations of Exodus 20:13
Thou shalt not kill.
- King James Version (1611)
"You shall not murder.
- New American Standard Version (1995)
Thou shalt not kill.
- American Standard Version (1901)
Do not put anyone to death without cause.
- Basic English Bible
Thou shalt not kill.
- Darby Bible
Thou shalt not kill.
- Douay Rheims Bible
Thou shalt not kill.
- Webster's Bible
You shall not murder.
- World English Bible
`Thou dost not murder.
- Youngs Literal Bible
Thou shalt not murder.
Let's see: Murder is cool if God sanctions it. Thou shalt not kill contradicts God-sanctioned killing. And do not put anyone to death without good cause allows for such causes as gays, slaves, magical witches and disobedient sons to name a few.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#69344 Dec 31, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>And I'll feel free to ask for your grounds when making a claim.
And, unlike yourself, I will provide them when asked.
anonymous wrote:
Such is politics.
So you say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Al-Qaeda 5 min What Russia Thinks 6
'Hoosier Hillbilly' or 'Barack Obama' Who'd Be... 10 min Mechanic 17
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 14 min AmyFaith 137,718
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 31 min Poop On Coupon 6,993
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 31 min Alias 54,596
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 32 min Grace Nerissa 36,460
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 32 min Flower-Child 17,357
I Like..... (Mar '14) 40 min The Paisan 317
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr curiouslu 147,088
Stolen Jaguar Found 46 Years Later 2 hr Pile Of Junk 6
What's your tip for the day? 3 hr JailBroke 1,051
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••