Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
65,101 - 65,120 of 114,587 Comments Last updated 16 min ago

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

QuiteCrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you stating that personality is inherited genetically? Are you serious?! I feel like you just pulled a rug out from under me. You realize you're telling me that are decisions influence our genetic make up it is the equivalent of saying that we are writing our own genetic code.
Impossible!
Just think of the mental illnesses that are not made by choices?!
That alone ...
Yes personality traits are a product of both biological and environmental factors

Go "Find" yourself

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Go F yourself
Funny that you would respond for it. You are becoming a very interesting subject.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Cybele wrote:
I have personal experience with all types of people
So you're saying that you have no *objective* evidence that supports a claim that homosexuality is merely about people lusting after their own bodies.

Yeah, we figured that.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure if you did. I'm just saying that all communication includes some projecting. You asked as if you were skeptical.
I am. Are you actually suggesting that all forms of communication involves psychological projection? That has a very specific definition. If that is your claim, I'll like to hear something in the way of an explanation.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me how many times have you been hit on by a gay man? It sounds like you are besieged by gay man, having to keep them at bay and all. Did you ever stop and consider where you hang out or how you behave might me the issue?? Most gay men can recognize another gay man and most don't go and hit on straight men.
"I absolutely do reserve my right to defend myself against advances by a homosexual without being accused of a hate crime."
Women have to fend off advances from straight men every day. So yes unwanted advances impacts most women I know everyday.
Actually, more than once, and always it's been like contending with a boar in a rut. Nothing civil about it.

I respect what women have to contend with concerning unwanted advances. That often doesn't stop them from pursuing alpha thugs.

As far as appearing gay goes, well, I think I may appear a bit androgynous to them. I'm right brain dominant, and I think that there may be a certain "feline" quality of appearance to me that may come from some Native American in the family tree.(kind of thick eyelashes too!) I don't ugly myself up, but I don't market myself as a pretty boy either! I just don't try to be a thug because I know that fighting back against one football player or gang member won't end at that. They're pack animals and I have no interest in the pack.

Now, are you going to smile knowingly to yourself and suggest that I need "protection", cause you're not going to get a dime! ;)

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

anonymous wrote:
I think at least four of those six points are being denied by the average gay couple who wants to raise kids. Some of them may be deserved, some not, but in that particular case, there's another biological parent to consider. That's why the odds are against public support of that issue.
More than 60% of Americans support adoption by gays.
anonymous wrote:
you won't get consensus as long as you demand gay marriage as a condition of any and every other liberal political agenda.
Given that a *majority* of Americans already support the legal recognition of same-sex marriage, it's hardly going against the tide to demand that the United States deal with it.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I am. Are you actually suggesting that all forms of communication involves psychological projection? That has a very specific definition. If that is your claim, I'll like to hear something in the way of an explanation.
All forms of communication that are about emotions, yes. You disagree?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>All forms of communication that are about emotions, yes. You disagree?
Well, that's not the same as psychological projection.

This is what we're talking about:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_pr...

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
If homosexuality is a learned behavior, wouldn't the flip side of the coin also be true, that heterosexuality is a learned behavior.
Please enlighten me, when did you make a choice to be attracted to the opposite sex?
I for one was always attracted to women before I was in first grade. I can remember finding my Dad's Playboys at about 9 or 10.
I never woke up one day and decided to be attracted to the opposite sex, it was just there. So I can't imagine it would be any other way for a homosexual. Just doesn't make sense to me.
Heterosexuality is not learned, it is a basic instinct. Homosexual behaviors are traits that have crossed the boundaries of our basic instincts. It's become 'mutant genes' and therefore can be passed on. The environment can influence your biological traits and you have a choice to either respond passively or actively or consciously or subconsciously. It all starts from infancy. A child can respond to his environment actively and can learn homosexual traits that he has inherited while developing a personality at a young age. Some takes decades before they realize they must satisfy those homosexual tendencies. It's because it has taken that time for the environmental factors to nurture the those needs. It's all psychological really. Our body just responds to what the mind tells us.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you would bring that up unwarranted, and unrequested. You do see the irony of that being in your thoughts and not mine, correct? I hope you do.
I suppose you are referring to the cat fights. To some extent, it seemed that you weren't avoiding them but you were not being quite so mean as others so I figured I wouldn't butt in and ruin your style of debate. Was that the wrong assumption to make? As I've said, I do make assumptions and the Goth style of dress usually suggests someone who does things their own way.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a friend who has a degree in microbiology, can't wait to show her this. I'm sure she'll laugh her head off.
Well I would love to hear what her laughing head has to say.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Given that a *majority* of Americans already support the legal recognition of same-sex marriage, it's hardly going against the tide to demand that the United States deal with it.
Statistics, eh? It sure seems to me that that the voting record disagrees.

The demographics HIGHLY favor gay marriage in urban areas from what I've seen. It kind of goes along with the personal space and overstimulation thing that I've been talking about. I can't say that I agree with it and I'll never endorse it, but if you really get a majority, and not just 10 million New Yorkers who think they can tell Kansas what to do, then I'll say that you have sufficient consensus to give it a try.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you are referring to the cat fights. To some extent, it seemed that you weren't avoiding them but you were not being quite so mean as others so I figured I wouldn't butt in and ruin your style of debate. Was that the wrong assumption to make? As I've said, I do make assumptions and the Goth style of dress usually suggests someone who does things their own way.
The only wrong assumption was that I would consider even pulling others into it. ;)

At least you actually know what Goth is, many do not, so I have to give you credit for that. Nano has made the failed assertion many times, yet every time evidence is request it backs out like a scared child and gets others to do it's dirty work, thinking that will somehow either excuse it's lies, or make us forget that Nano started the lies in the first place.

Feel free to not respond to the bulk of this and crop it from any response so as to avoid being sucked into the web of dishonesty, I shall not blame you.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>All forms of communication that are about emotions, yes. You disagree?
I do. And that was not an explanation.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's not the same as psychological projection.
This is what we're talking about:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_pr...
Yes, but is that actually a biological phenomena, or is it an attempt to communicate something that one fears rejection of?

I only take Freud in bits and pieces. Same defense mechanism, different judgement from the outside world. Just trying to be fair and balanced.

Level 1

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Free from what?
Free from sin and worthy of eternal life.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I do. And that was not an explanation.
As with my last post, I reserve judgement as to who is projecting and who is being projected upon.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Especially since freedom and equal rights are (supposed to be) an important part of the US Constitution, are they not?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't notice any mention of global warming in his post.
Sometimes it can be just something really REALLY dumb, which is in equal dumbness to the mere mentioning of g w.
nanoanomaly wrote:
Admit it, you are addicted to kitty whacking.
Okay, admittedly, maybe...

:-/

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Bible Belt wrote:
<quoted text>Free from sin and worthy of eternal life.
Religion calls it SIN. Science calls it DISEASE.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••