Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#69284 Dec 31, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It is not genetic, it is learned behavior.
A learned behavior affects the genes and those genes are passed on. You pass on genes that is responsible for personality traits that that is affected by one's sexuality. I explained about mutation gene in previous pages in response to someone who mentioned it here.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#69285 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Explain how I am projecting, please.
like I said everybody project...it's a by product of your conditioning(or programming if you prefer) as you develop from a baby.

it's an input output thing.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#69286 Dec 31, 2012
Cybele wrote:
That's a different level of preference. Personality is another factor that makes one more or less attractive.
You didn't answer my question about where you got your pop psychology from.

Tampa, FL

#69287 Dec 31, 2012
anonymous wrote:
I think it's a bit unfair to kids to bring them up in a politically charged environment before they are ready to make choices of their own.
So do you also think that it was unfair for interracial couples to raise children? After all, that was considered politically charged at one time, and in part of the United States, probably still is.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#69288 Dec 31, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
like I said everybody project...it's a by product of your conditioning(or programming if you prefer) as you develop from a baby.
it's an input output thing.
I could agree that a lot of people project, but to say everyone does is a bold assertion. Bold assertions typically require bold evidence, I am simply pointing out that I have never once projected, at least not on here since it would be impossible to track down every single forum I am on and show those. So I asked for an example of me as a demonstration that saying "all" of anyone is a certain way is inaccurate, and such claims will always prove false. Stereotypes, such as the one "everyone projects," are never reliable, nor valid, assertions.

Level 5

above and beyond

#69289 Dec 31, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't think of the super-ego as one of Freud's better definitions. In that regard, I think he created discrete boundaries between the rational and the emotional just because he had his issues with drug use.
For my part, I'm not too large, and although there have been times in my life where I've been very athletic, I'm from a brainy family. It's personal for me to dislike macho behavior, but I genuinely find it boring too. That doesn't mean that I don't find an athletic physique attractive, I just don't feel that it's worth having prove my stuff to get!
Let's just say that at my age, I'm not interested in starting a family, blood pressure medicine may have cut back my urges a bit, and I'm not about to kid myself that I'm what the young gals are interested in! I have a romantic side, but I don't share it. Kids are punks and will over-think it anyway.
Someone will find you attractive no matter what your physical appearance is. We all have a personality that can be a turn-on or turn-off to others. Maybe you just don't want to look. We might lose the urge because you have satisfied your sexual desires by other means.

Level 5

above and beyond

#69290 Dec 31, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you are in denial, experts collect data from real subjects. They get information from first-hand accounts and they make their own conclusions. I happen to be the subject of MY OWN experiment.
Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#69291 Dec 31, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
A learned behavior affects the genes and those genes are passed on. You pass on genes that is responsible for personality traits that that is affected by one's sexuality. I explained about mutation gene in previous pages in response to someone who mentioned it here.
Are you stating that personality is inherited genetically? Are you serious?! I feel like you just pulled a rug out from under me. You realize you're telling me that are decisions influence our genetic make up it is the equivalent of saying that we are writing our own genetic code.

Impossible!

Just think of the mental illnesses that are not made by choices?!
That alone ...
Level 6

Location hidden

#69292 Dec 31, 2012
Attraction usually is visual. But it is not necessarily confided to that.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#69293 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I could agree that a lot of people project, but to say everyone does is a bold assertion. Bold assertions typically require bold evidence, I am simply pointing out that I have never once projected, at least not on here since it would be impossible to track down every single forum I am on and show those. So I asked for an example of me as a demonstration that saying "all" of anyone is a certain way is inaccurate, and such claims will always prove false. Stereotypes, such as the one "everyone projects," are never reliable, nor valid, assertions.
You very statement is a projection of denial...lol

Tampa, FL

#69294 Dec 31, 2012
Cybele wrote:
In case you are in denial, experts collect data from real subjects. They get information from first-hand accounts and they make their own conclusions. I happen to be the subject of MY OWN experiment.
Were there any other subjects in your experiment? A set of data points of "one" isn't especially convincing.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69295 Dec 31, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you also think that it was unfair for interracial couples to raise children? After all, that was considered politically charged at one time, and in part of the United States, probably still is.
In a word, yes! There are many conditions by which I would be unwilling to raise a family. That would be one of them. Raising kids under the threat of Big Brother or an authoritarian church, as well.

It has nothing to do with approving of the relationship. It has to do with being honest about what you'll subject those kids to when they grew up trusting in you to protect them.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69296 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Specific reference to where I made such an assumption, please.
I'm not sure if you did. I'm just saying that all communication includes some projecting. You asked as if you were skeptical.

Tampa, FL

#69297 Dec 31, 2012
anonymous wrote:
It has nothing to do with approving of the relationship. It has to do with being honest about what you'll subject those kids to when they grew up trusting in you to protect them.
If you spoke to those children today, do you think that they would condemn their parents for having them? Or compliment their parents on their bravery, for setting an example for future generations to follow? If people don't have the courage to take chances, how does change come about?

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#69298 Dec 31, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Brainwashing can affect how a gene expresses; deprogramming can reverse that expression, ergo, addiction and homosexuality are "learned" and can be eradicated. It is a choice unless it is forced on you.

Gene expression is not the equivalent of gene mutation.

“You think so?”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#69299 Dec 31, 2012
Genes definitely play an important part in our
mental composition but environment is just as important:
Monkey see monkey do is at least 1/2 right.
Another thing many don't consier is diet.
You are what you eat and it helps determine brain function, physical, emotional and mental disposition and attitude.
Feed you kid a bunch of chocolate and see.
Popeye ate spinich for a reason.

“You think so?”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#69300 Dec 31, 2012
PS: and she wasn't called Olive Oil for no reason.
Level 6

Location hidden

#69301 Dec 31, 2012
It may sound antiquated but Gramps is right. <shrugs> I watch it. And my munchkins as well..

<ahem>However Indiana, I don't think anyone is going gay for having tooo much chocolate... etc etc.. food transformations?! Morphic?

lol
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#69302 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Specific reference to where I made such an assumption, please.
..and in case you're thinking it, I've never bashed you for your dress code, nor inquired as to your gender or sex status.

That doesn't mean that I won't make assumptions. Your avatar appears to be a personal picture. Your age seems to be mid-fortyish. My first assumption was that you were female, due to your seemingly slender bone structure, but the "goth" fashion and the fact that you're a programmer(a stereotypically male job) led me to conclude that you aren't altogether mainstream in your disposition.

From there, I don't ask, and you didn't tell. I avoided the cat fights that followed you, although I wondered if you were more blatantly political on other threads, and considered the possibility that you were an advocate for alternative lifestyles. As long as it was on a thread about those things, that's fine.

I can live with all that, but politics makes people paranoid and when someone like "imsickofit" came into a forum discussion and immediately turned it into a gay rights discussion, he disrupted an order that we've grown accustomed to. He probably does that on every thread. I don't reward that with civility.

Level 5

above and beyond

#69303 Dec 31, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Were there any other subjects in your experiment? A set of data points of "one" isn't especially convincing.
I have personal experience with all types of people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Funeral home offers drive-thru service 8 min ---Word Woman--- 3
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 11 min Gofigger 3,306
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 14 min Cyan in CA 40,246
What Could Be The Deal,...? 18 min Old Sam 16
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 21 min Old Sam 25,923
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 22 min David0407 4,976
Word Association (Jun '10) 22 min Kid_Tomorrow 26,306
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 26 min Kid_Tomorrow 146,898
Woman commits suicide by crocodile 1 hr Parden Pard 5
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 2 hr Fannie Flagg 5,545