Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
64,981 - 65,000 of 114,618 Comments Last updated 47 min ago
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69192
Dec 31, 2012
 
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Ifyou don't have anything relevant to say, get behind!!!
Charles, did your mommy give you all your comeback lines? You have no talent for them because you're not engaged in the discussion. EVERYthing deflects off of your Chobham reinforced skull!

..and you'll continue to get disrespectful replies until you stop demanding everyone to accept your literal interpretations of scripture as scientific fact.

....so go squeal like a pig and run home and cry to mommy!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69193
Dec 31, 2012
 
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles, did your mommy give you all your comeback lines? You have no talent for them because you're not engaged in the discussion. EVERYthing deflects off of your Chobham reinforced skull!
..and you'll continue to get disrespectful replies until you stop demanding everyone to accept your literal interpretations of scripture as scientific fact.
....so go squeal like a pig and run home and cry to mommy!
That was a comeback? I thought he just had Tourettes.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69194
Dec 31, 2012
 
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a comeback? I thought he just had Tourettes.
I think the only time I've heard "Get thee behind me, Satan!" comment, it was a Cheech and Chong joke.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69195
Dec 31, 2012
 
I am just happy to live in the USA and I dont have to be forced into a cult religion..FREEDOM IS AWESOME...have your religon religous people...GLAD OUR KIDS ARE NOT FORCE FED YOUR CULTS BS ANYMORE.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69196
Dec 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

sickofit wrote:
I am just happy to live in the USA and I dont have to be forced into a cult religion..FREEDOM IS AWESOME...have your religon religous people...GLAD OUR KIDS ARE NOT FORCE FED YOUR CULTS BS ANYMORE.
So instead of being "forced" by guns, you prefer to be forced by brainwashing. It's still having it forced on you.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69197
Dec 31, 2012
 
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So instead of being "forced" by guns, you prefer to be forced by brainwashing. It's still having it forced on you.
I said we are lucky the religous freaks cant force there BS cult on us....

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69198
Dec 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
I said we are lucky the religous freaks cant force there BS cult on us....
But they do. That was my point.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69199
Dec 31, 2012
 
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So instead of being "forced" by guns, you prefer to be forced by brainwashing. It's still having it forced on you.
I don't know if I'd call it guns or brainwashing. Mostly, it's just a mutually agreed upon denial of the consequences. You shouldn't assume a conspiracy unless you've got the evidence. Working class plebeians want to talk trash in public. Aristocrats want their thralls to work for cheap. Give them an artificial Elvis messiah and they'll pay top dollar for the privilege of "strapping it on" for a while.

Pride drives the plebeians to the drug. Pride prevents them from admitting to their addiction. I think early Christianity was a significant passive-resistance movement against the Romans. That message is long forgotten though. The plebeians want their Elvis!
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69200
Dec 31, 2012
 
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
But they do. That was my point.
They try... Only thing left to do is get same sex people equal rights and freedom and then the religous freaks have been stopped...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69201
Dec 31, 2012
 
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So instead of being "forced" by guns, you prefer to be forced by brainwashing. It's still having it forced on you.
Genesis 3:1

"Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field"

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69202
Dec 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if I'd call it guns or brainwashing. Mostly, it's just a mutually agreed upon denial of the consequences. You shouldn't assume a conspiracy unless you've got the evidence. Working class plebeians want to talk trash in public. Aristocrats want their thralls to work for cheap. Give them an artificial Elvis messiah and they'll pay top dollar for the privilege of "strapping it on" for a while.
Pride drives the plebeians to the drug. Pride prevents them from admitting to their addiction. I think early Christianity was a significant passive-resistance movement against the Romans. That message is long forgotten though. The plebeians want their Elvis!
Granted, however choosing for them as children is inherently vile, and that's what the US does. The iconography and recitation of various religion specific identities is, in itself, a method and mode of brainwashing. It was only recently we allowed kids the luxury of not reciting the "Pledge of Allegiance," which has had religious iconography injected into it, yet they still have to hear it. Saying it is only part of the method, whether on purpose of not, it's still brainwashing.

I recall a study showing that if a person was told something enough, no matter how much it opposed reality itself, they would eventually believe it to be reality. Consider the effect more intense with a young mind.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69203
Dec 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 3:1
"Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field"
Funny how the bible warns against itself but so few people ever realize it.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69204
Dec 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
They try... Only thing left to do is get same sex people equal rights and freedom and then the religous freaks have been stopped...
The "only thing?" Sure, if you're gay. It's actually only one more step to equality, and that's the problem, that's why the US is so slow at progressing. We started this whole concept of equality, but we're so far behind other countries now it's sad, when we should be ahead. But we take one step, then think "it's all good now" until we eventually notice the other groups left behind. There are smaller, and more oppressed minorities than even the gay people. Atheists come to mind right off the bat, transgendered, asexuals, each group getting smaller and smaller the more we add on. All under represented, all without a voice in this government, and many not having their medical or social needs met because of it. The stereotypes of asexuals are horrible, we really get a ton of abuse from people who call themselves "professionals," even in the medical field.

Gay rights is only a baby step, and while it's a great step, it's nothing compared to what other countries are now working on.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69205
Dec 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The "only thing?" Sure, if you're gay. It's actually only one more step to equality, and that's the problem, that's why the US is so slow at progressing. We started this whole concept of equality, but we're so far behind other countries now it's sad, when we should be ahead. But we take one step, then think "it's all good now" until we eventually notice the other groups left behind. There are smaller, and more oppressed minorities than even the gay people. Atheists come to mind right off the bat, transgendered, asexuals, each group getting smaller and smaller the more we add on. All under represented, all without a voice in this government, and many not having their medical or social needs met because of it. The stereotypes of asexuals are horrible, we really get a ton of abuse from people who call themselves "professionals," even in the medical field.
Gay rights is only a baby step, and while it's a great step, it's nothing compared to what other countries are now working on.
I get what your saying...In time as religion dies out we should make progress.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69206
Dec 31, 2012
 
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Granted, however choosing for them as children is inherently vile, and that's what the US does. The iconography and recitation of various religion specific identities is, in itself, a method and mode of brainwashing. It was only recently we allowed kids the luxury of not reciting the "Pledge of Allegiance," which has had religious iconography injected into it, yet they still have to hear it. Saying it is only part of the method, whether on purpose of not, it's still brainwashing.
I recall a study showing that if a person was told something enough, no matter how much it opposed reality itself, they would eventually believe it to be reality. Consider the effect more intense with a young mind.
Most governments secretly despise religion. They seek to incorporate people into their own belief system, and try get to rid of the competition...such as crucifixion and anti religious propaganda.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69207
Dec 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

True Christian make for bad soldiers...ask the Romans.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69208
Dec 31, 2012
 
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
They try... Only thing left to do is get same sex people equal rights and freedom and then the religous freaks have been stopped...
I don't particularly recall a right or freedom being denied to homosexuals. I DO recall a special privilege being granted to married people. That's not what you want though, is it? It's too easy to say that the privilege is about raising children, thus cutting same sex marriage out of the legal "legitimacy" that you're looking for.

Stop subsidizing breeding? I can go for that. Special protection for people who CHOOSE to engage with their own sex sexually? Nope! That's politics and the State has no business indoctrinating people with a particular flavor of politics, let alone subsidizing it.

Now, go find your "gay" gene. Go on looking for special protections, vigilante and unequal punishment of "hate crimes" and go on spying on people because you think it's your "right" to do so. So you've EVOLVED beyond us, and that's the main reason why fundamentalists are the idiots about Evolution that they are. Even fundamentalists aren't as contemptible as your pedophile politics.

Come on, BOI!!! By ANY means necessary! Right? Right? DO IT! USE IT! You WILL use it. You know you will. It's your PRECIOUS!! ;)

Any questions?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69209
Dec 31, 2012
 
I went to grade school where a Jehovah's witness was scolded, and made by the teacher to stand in the hallway, because he refuses to recite the pledge of allegiance because it gave allegiance to the government before god..which was against his beliefs.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69210
Dec 31, 2012
 
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Most governments secretly despise religion. They seek to incorporate people into their own belief system, and try get to rid of the competition...such as crucifixion and anti religious propaganda.
First, the post after this one. Actually that's very wrong, and backwards. Any religious person makes for better soldiers because they fear death less, the more they believe the religion, the easier they are to manipulate, and the easier they are to convince that dying for the war is the right cause. See terrorists for the perfect example.

To this post, nope. It depends on the government, and most governments have historically used religion to control the masses. Ancient Egypt did it so well they even had the people believing that their rulers were "chosen by the gods," and at one point even had the people believing the rulers were actually gods themselves. Each of the gods of Egypt represented a political party, the god with the most followers was the party that the people chose, essentially, thus determining which god, party, had the strongest power influencing policies.

Greece and Rome did much the same thing, though they didn't take the leader's status quite as far, the concept was the same. The UK was run by churches for a very long time, each country represented a different church, and it was through the preachers that the people were made to feel as if it was all how it should be, the weakness of christians, they are commanded not to question the leaders, preachers is another term for that. A monarchy cannot survive without religion, specifically religions like christianity, many of the others oppose single class ruling. The US was suppose to be different, allowing the churches to become the political parties though made that system begin to collapse, and now we're picking up the pieces wondering why we let it get so out of hand.

No, religion and most governments are butt buddies, they are inseparable. There are some governments that cannot thrive with religion, note that some governments not some forms of government. Stalin's implementation was one such government, because he had ditched religion himself it became a opponent for power, dictatorships are always dangerous no matter who gains the power.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69211
Dec 31, 2012
 
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The "only thing?" Sure, if you're gay. It's actually only one more step to equality, and that's the problem, that's why the US is so slow at progressing. We started this whole concept of equality, but we're so far behind other countries now it's sad, when we should be ahead. But we take one step, then think "it's all good now" until we eventually notice the other groups left behind. There are smaller, and more oppressed minorities than even the gay people. Atheists come to mind right off the bat, transgendered, asexuals, each group getting smaller and smaller the more we add on. All under represented, all without a voice in this government, and many not having their medical or social needs met because of it. The stereotypes of asexuals are horrible, we really get a ton of abuse from people who call themselves "professionals," even in the medical field.
Gay rights is only a baby step, and while it's a great step, it's nothing compared to what other countries are now working on.
Gay rights is like going to war to fight for someone's right to pick their nose! Yes, people are marginalized for many reasons. Choosing to grope people as a litmus test for their allegiance is an abomination.

The liberals need to step back and reassess their purpose. If they put peoples sexual fantasies ahead of all of the other breakdowns in our democracy, they're spent. If people who genuinely feel persecuted as homosexuals can't imagine why they collectively provoke prejudices, they have no business in politics.

Homosexuality IS A CHOICE! You can argue that people have a predisposition to it, but you cannot call it "natural" anymore than you can call epilepsy natural. Epileptics don't call their condition something to be proud of. They certainly don't try to encourage seizures. Why don't homosexuals simply accept the social discomfort they cause, and stop pushing it upon people who don't want any part of it? P O L I T I C S!!

Denial comes in MANY forms!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••