Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,249)

Showing posts 64,961 - 64,980 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Depending on interpretation.
According to the Jews, Isaiah prophesied a Messiah who has yet to come.
According to the Bahai's, Isaiah prophesied not only Jesus, but The Bab and Bahaullah.
According to skeptics like me, Isaiah was about as reliable as a ouija board.
If the name Jesus and the title Son of God appeared anywhere in the Old Testament, I would be more impressed.
That does'nt really counts because to date in the history no one was like Jesus( no messiah or Immanuel like Jesus).

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Who?
Miss Universe Canada contestant. Transgender.
(I looked it up)

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Phallus worship in men symbolizes the EGGO.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Cybele wrote:
Creativity and sexuality are linked? I think Yes. It starts with role-playing.
Unsure of how that works. Roleplaying games are an all ages game, such as Dungeons & Dragons, Shadowrun, Call of Cthulhu (the RPG), and a bunch of others, I own many of the books, collectors' items mostly as I use the PDFs for actual gaming. Many VRPGs exist as well, and I own a lot of those as well, Final Fantasy being one my my favorites, I actually play those ones through. Dragon Warrior is another popular VRPG series.

So tell me, how is creativity actually link to sexuality? If so, does a person who creates "dark" themed art have a "dark" sexuality as well? Also, please present some evidence to demonstrate your assertions so I have something to actually consider.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Miss Universe Canada contestant. Transgender.
(I looked it up)
Oh, never knew her name. Interesting though. I don't pay much attention to the good stories on that subject, I'm more interested in reducing the tragedies those people face. lol

A heart is a difficult thing to kill, I wonder how so many religious nuts do it.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>That does'nt really counts because to date in the history no one was like Jesus( no messiah or Immanuel like Jesus).
Define "like" in this context.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Cybele wrote:
Eggo is a great product. I love their waffles.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
The same Golden Rule that shows up quite a number of religions?
Now point me to the scientific method that incorporates that so that we can denounce Dr. Mengele's experiments on human subjects.
There are ethical limits in pursuing science because we put them there.
I'm just pointing out that the pursuit of truth via science does have an ethical boundary that the foundation of scientific endeavor does not establish. That boundary comes from somewhere else.
And in cultures all over.

I suppose you're trying to inject the Christian God here.

I believe Confucius had his epiphany about 500 years BC...those darn Chinese were pretty advanced

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, never knew her name. Interesting though. I don't pay much attention to the good stories on that subject, I'm more interested in reducing the tragedies those people face. lol
A heart is a difficult thing to kill, I wonder how so many religious nuts do it.
Back in the day, they used to rip 'em out of the victims' chests and show them, still beating, to the congregation.

I'm not sure what they thought they were accomplishing.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Does it cause human suffering.
2. It does cause human suffering.
3. We don't want human suffering therefore it is unethical.
There, scientific enough for you?
Not even close.

Your reasoning is no better than the religious zealots who believe that Man is made in the image of God and is given a free pass to exploit everything else on the planet.

At one time, some groups of humans were not considered humans. By your rules, they'd be open to any sort of scientific experimentation.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Cybele wrote:
I prefer to worship at a different temple. Lego my eggo.

Level 7

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
And in cultures all over.
I suppose you're trying to inject the Christian God here.
I believe Confucius had his epiphany about 500 years BC...those darn Chinese were pretty advanced
It crops up in a number of places in a number of religions.

Do you care more to attribute the source of a good idea to a particular group more than the idea itself?

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Miss Universe Canada contestant. Transgender.
(I looked it up)
I had to look it up too. Seeing the pictures, it is hard for me to argue that she wasn't right.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close.
Your reasoning is no better than the religious zealots who believe that Man is made in the image of God and is given a free pass to exploit everything else on the planet.
At one time, some groups of humans were not considered humans. By your rules, they'd be open to any sort of scientific experimentation.
Assertions but no explanation of them. Why is it "no better?" I stated that something was bad because we didn't like it, how is that any different from any other "rules?"

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> English started in England. Is that too difficult to absorb, i think no.
Go on pissing.
LOL Is that a cuss word like bloddy and feck?
Go on NOW go piss off alright...
Bloody piss feck hare...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you care more to attribute the source of a good idea to a particular group more than the idea itself?
You are confusing religious people with atheists. We give credit where due, but in general, it's the idea that's more important. Provide one religion that has all good ideas.

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'Golden Rule has cropped up all over it seems. Found this list at Wikipedia

Ancient Babylon
Ancient China
Ancient Egypt
Ancient Greece
Ancient India
Ancient Tamizhagam
Bahá'í Faith
Buddhism
Christianity
Confucianism
Hinduism
Humanism
Islam
Jainism
Judaism
Mohism
Platonism
Quakerism
Sikhism
Taoism
Wicca
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Well perhaps the Egyptians...they seem to have a version about 2000 BC

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Unsure of how that works. Roleplaying games are an all ages game, such as Dungeons & Dragons, Shadowrun, Call of Cthulhu (the RPG), and a bunch of others, I own many of the books, collectors' items mostly as I use the PDFs for actual gaming. Many VRPGs exist as well, and I own a lot of those as well, Final Fantasy being one my my favorites, I actually play those ones through. Dragon Warrior is another popular VRPG series.
So tell me, how is creativity actually link to sexuality? If so, does a person who creates "dark" themed art have a "dark" sexuality as well? Also, please present some evidence to demonstrate your assertions so I have something to actually consider.
So you want to know the relationship between sexuality and creativity? To me, sexuality is the drive that seeks to satisfy a desire and creativity satisfies that. For example, my desire to be spiritual and one with the universe (ALL) gives me increased awareness or consciousness. That creates emotional, chemical, mental or psychological responses to all that I want to be attached to. I think the higher the sexual drive, the more one seeks out ways to satisfy that desire. And being aware that there are many ways to satisfy that desire will cause a person to be more creative.

Now what is your point with all this? Can a skeptic relate to me?

Level 7

Nehwon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Assertions but no explanation of them. Why is it "no better?" I stated that something was bad because we didn't like it, how is that any different from any other "rules?"
Because you claim that science has ethics. The basic principles of scientific methodology is:
1) Question
2) Hypothesis
3) Prediction
4) Test
5) Analysis

Step 4 is where your ethics is coming into play. Why is Mengele's testing so revolting?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 64,961 - 64,980 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••