Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#69162 Dec 31, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I can relate to you, but I don't know if I agree with the role you have given sexuality. It is interesting and I will have to give it more thought. From a personal standpoint, I should be one highly creative individual. I suppose it depends on how you define creativity. Is it just ideas or if the ideas have to always be rendered into some form?
I do consider sexuality and communication linked in that sex is a form of communication between people in addition to its biological function. This idea may be out there for some, but I acquired it and have since developed it after reading Stranger in a Strange Land when I was 10. I have not thought about the idea of pushing that desire into other avenues. Again, I will have to give this some thought.
Thus, we say 'the art of communication'

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#69163 Dec 31, 2012
greymouser wrote:
Still nothing, perhaps you linked the incorrect post?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69164 Dec 31, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
What? The art you see in the universe is a product of an entity's expression of creativity, how do you know it's not sexual?
I fail to see your point.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#69165 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Still nothing, perhaps you linked the incorrect post?
Your post there:

"1. Does it cause human suffering.

2. It does cause human suffering.

3. We don't want human suffering therefore it is unethical.

There, scientific enough for you?"

By your own post, you refer to ethics with your point number 3.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69166 Dec 31, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post there:
"1. Does it cause human suffering.
2. It does cause human suffering.
3. We don't want human suffering therefore it is unethical.
There, scientific enough for you?"
By your own post, you refer to ethics with your point number 3.
Yes, it's presenting a reason why something is unethical, still failing to see your point.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#69167 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I fail to see your point.
That's not surprising. If you were a woman you would understand the sensuality involved in creating art of any kind. It's not all that different than creating a child or an orgasm. The inspiration strikes and must be acted upon while the muse still possesses you, otherwise nothing comes to fruition, IOWs, frustration instead of satisfaction.
Dozerman

Peytona, WV

#69168 Dec 31, 2012
Question: evolution started somewhere who or what put that item there to start evolution?

Level 7

Nehwon

#69169 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's presenting a reason why something is unethical, still failing to see your point.
By presenting a reason why something is unethical, does that imply you are invoking some sort of ethics?

What is your boundary for ethical or unethical testing (Step 4 of the scientific method)?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69170 Dec 31, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>That's not surprising. If you were a woman you would understand the sensuality involved in creating art of any kind. It's not all that different than creating a child or an orgasm. The inspiration strikes and must be acted upon while the muse still possesses you, otherwise nothing comes to fruition, IOWs, frustration instead of satisfaction.
So .. you don't think there are female asexuals? Interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexuality
serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1870
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/9651265/The-...
http://www.asexualawarenessweek.com/whatis.ht...
http://www.asexualexplorations.net/home/extan...

Interesting indeed. You are asserting that all these people are not real.

Level 7

Nehwon

#69171 Dec 31, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>That's not surprising. If you were a woman you would understand the sensuality involved in creating art of any kind. It's not all that different than creating a child or an orgasm. The inspiration strikes and must be acted upon while the muse still possesses you, otherwise nothing comes to fruition, IOWs, frustration instead of satisfaction.
From what I've seen on the internet, ad hominem attacks are declared when someone calls you an insulting name.

But that's just being a jerk.

However, you have put forth a legitimate ad hom attack. Umm, congrats?

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#69172 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So .. you don't think there are female asexuals? Interesting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6AhkihhJGb4XX
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexuality
serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1870
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/9651265/The-...
http://www.asexualawarenessweek.com/whatis.ht...
http://www.asexualexplorations.net/home/extan...
Interesting indeed. You are asserting that all these people are not real.
I never said that I don't believe that there are women who are not interested in having sex.

Female sexuality has nothing to do with you.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#69173 Dec 31, 2012
Dozerman wrote:
Question: evolution started somewhere who or what put that item there to start evolution?
Natural processes, of course.

No need at all for magic ones.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#69174 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Define "like" in this context.
Jesus existed. You are just wasting your time trying to deny the impossible.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#69175 Dec 31, 2012
Thomas Robertson wrote:
Yes, Free Servant, we've already heard that other cultures have a Flood legend.
If you're going to use that premise to argue that there really was a Flood, that will be nothing new.
We've already heard that many cultures believed in dragons.
If you're going to use that premise to argue that dinosaurs and humans lived at the same time, that will be nothing new.
No! I wasn't arguing any such thing. I was just making a point about the ancient symbol that Nimrod/Marduk took and it was the dragon emblem and it has been seen all over the world. No I don't believe there was any literal real dragon involved in that history.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#69176 Dec 31, 2012
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Is that a cuss word like bloddy and feck?
Go on NOW go piss off alright...
Bloody piss feck hare...
Not really a curse but like saying, " go on lying ".
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#69177 Dec 31, 2012
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the Greek name for Christ, His real name/his Jewish name was Joshua. You may want to search the Old Testament for 'Joshua' and 'Messiah'.
We know that Greek was written in the area where Jesus was crucified LUKE 23:38 and they the Greeks must have had some role in the event.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69178 Dec 31, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text> I never said that I don't believe that there are women who are not interested in having sex.
Female sexuality has nothing to do with you.
Do you deny that female asexuals exist? Asexuality is simply having no desires for sexual activity, no sexual attractions, and no pleasure from sexual activity, it has nothing to do with male or female by definition. So if you classify female and male asexuals differently then it proves you are being dishonest, it also demonstrates you know nothing about sexuality as a whole.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69179 Dec 31, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
By presenting a reason why something is unethical, does that imply you are invoking some sort of ethics?
What is your boundary for ethical or unethical testing (Step 4 of the scientific method)?
Everyone has a set of ethics. Ethics are subjective, based on social pressures and genetic traits inherited, developed through natural selection. We lump them together and call them ethics.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69180 Dec 31, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus existed. You are just wasting your time trying to deny the impossible.
There were lots of people named Jesus, and many still have that name today. So?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69181 Dec 31, 2012
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Drunks and junkies are alive when they have those hallucinations. I think its unfair to compare them to a person who is temporarily dead until they are medically revived via CPR or other methods.
'...why is it that every single religious belief produces vastly different NDEs?'
It might be that God lets souls experience the after-life in a way that won't make them doubt their religion when they re-enter their bodies. For example, if a Muslim dies and experiences a Christian Heaven and then returns to his body, he probably wouldn't want to tell his fellow Muslims that Heaven is a Christian Heaven. If he does, he might be beaten up and/or killed.
Oh, that's handy then innit? But as it happens many NDE's also involve people merely feeling as if they are walking around their own bodies and don't get anywhere near heaven. This alone of course falsifies your claim that all NDE's are about the Christian version of heaven. Unfortunately those out of body experiences also happen to all rely on subjective rather than objective evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 9 min Trouser Cough 40,408
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 10 min -Lily- 2,522
What's your tip for the day? 16 min a_visitor 1,210
"The KISSING BOOTH: - Who Would You Most Like t... (Apr '13) 18 min t 1,575
What Turns You On? (Oct '10) 21 min t 2,184
Super drunk woman arrested, mistook jail for bar 23 min t 4
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 24 min Here-Kitty 137,891
Puppy-sized spider spotted in South America 25 min a_visitor 24
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 40 min sunshine 22,209
True or False Game 1 hr Sublime1 348