Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 205000 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#69082 Dec 30, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
they do random fractal generators that comes very close to what I had in mind these days...
I guess I could just hang a hd tv on the wall hooked up to a computer and run a random fractal program...Duh!
here's a nice one...
http://exper.3drecursions.com/apo/fractal_mas...
(sorry just thinking out loud..lol)
check this out

http://www.grand-illusions.com/images/article...

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#69083 Dec 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Still making that assertion. So, where is this ground breaking evidence that proves this? Anywhere?
Your stupid vlogs are proof enough for anyone with eyes.

Level 5

above and beyond

#69084 Dec 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Still making that assertion. So, where is this ground breaking evidence that proves this? Anywhere?
Is that your wife's pic?

Level 5

above and beyond

#69085 Dec 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
if it thinks like a man, talks like a man, it is a man

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#69086 Dec 30, 2012
Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh...at least you had the courage to answer...
Anyways...
So if man could go through this process...why couldn't a 'god'...
I mean with trillions of years to play with, and billions of star systems...is this the first time this has ever occured in your opinion?
Well, I don't believe it ever happened. There are just too many holes and inconsistencies in the whole God thing, and to be honest I really doubt the Jesus story. What with knowing that the Adam and Eve story is just a myth and they didn't exist...what need was there for him. No 'Original Sin' equals no need for a 'human' sacrifice to atone for non-existent 'Original Sin'.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#69087 Dec 30, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Your stupid vlogs are proof enough for anyone with eyes.
That's all you have, the "I think I see it" excuse? Seriously? No actual evidence?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69088 Dec 30, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that your wife's pic?
I'm asexual, not a lesbian. ;) I have no need for such relationships and see no value in marriage at all, any form of marriage.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

#69089 Dec 30, 2012
This is in response to #69074.
According to Young’s Analytical Concordance to the Bible, Daniel 9:25 and Daniel 9:26 were the only verses which used the word “Messiah.”

In the New International Version, Daniel 9:25 says,“Know and understand this: From the time the word goes out to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven ‘sevens,’ and sixty-two ‘sevens.’ It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble.”

I see that other translations say “Messiah” where the New International Version says “Anointed One.”

Daniel 9:26 says,“After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed.

Other translations say “sixty-two weeks.”

It seems that another translation uses the word “Messiah” four times, but those other two times were in the Gospel According to John.

The concordance lists four men named Joshua. One of these men, as one would expect, is the one who “fit the Battle of Jericho and the walls came tumbling down.”
The second is “a Bethshemite in the days of Eil.”
The third is “the governor of Jerusalem in the days of Josiah.”
The fourth is “the son of Josedech and high priest at the rebuilding of the temple.”
None of these Joshuas are mentioned anywhere in the Book of Isaiah.

Sorry, BraveCon, but I don’t see what you’re driving at.

Location hidden

#69090 Dec 30, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
or chimera cat
I call him Faux Kitty. xD

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkmfd_aerosm...

He's only deluding himself and the legally blind...until he opens his mouth. lol...reality always prevails in the end.

Epic fail.

...snarf...

Level 5

above and beyond

#69091 Dec 30, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't believe it ever happened. There are just too many holes and inconsistencies in the whole God thing, and to be honest I really doubt the Jesus story. What with knowing that the Adam and Eve story is just a myth and they didn't exist...what need was there for him. No 'Original Sin' equals no need for a 'human' sacrifice to atone for non-existent 'Original Sin'.
Perhaps before Adam and Eve story, man was innocent

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69092 Dec 30, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
if it thinks like a man, talks like a man, it is a man
Another lame excuse of evidence. So a dolphin is a fish?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69093 Dec 30, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I call him Faux Kitty. xD
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkmfd_aerosm...
He's only deluding himself and the legally blind...until he opens his mouth. lol...reality always prevails in the end.
Epic fail.
...snarf...
So, you have no evidence still. I was hoping for a challenge from you, but you are severely lacking in intelligence.

Level 5

above and beyond

#69094 Dec 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm asexual, not a lesbian. ;) I have no need for such relationships and see no value in marriage at all, any form of marriage.
do asexual people ovulate?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69095 Dec 30, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
do asexual people ovulate?
If they're female. Why wouldn't we?

Location hidden

#69096 Dec 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Another lame excuse of evidence. So a dolphin is a fish?
Fish don't talk....

http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/ani... ;

...or breastfeed their babies.

Dressing like a woman doesn't mean you can walk like a lady. Show us how you strut yer stuff in stiletto heels. Now's not the time to be shy, kitty.

xD

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#69097 Dec 30, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Fish don't talk....
http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/ani... ;
...or breastfeed their babies.
Dressing like a woman doesn't mean you can walk like a lady. Show us how you strut yer stuff in stiletto heels. Now's not the time to be shy, kitty.
xD
Aw, you still have no evidence, your life must be sad if you enjoy making assertions without any evidence at all. Kind of like your bible there, huh? You just get so comfortable with believing anything that has zero evidence, you have to even make things up yourself to believe.

Level 5

above and beyond

#69098 Dec 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever heard of anovulation? Some women don't ovulate or just don't produce mature eggs

Location hidden

#69099 Dec 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your gay marriage vlog belies your claim of disinterest in marriage.

Location hidden

#69100 Dec 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No amount of estrogen is ever gonna cause you to grow a pair of ovaries. Get over it.

Level 5

above and beyond

#69101 Dec 30, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Your gay marriage vlog belies your claim of disinterest in marriage.
I knew it! Dominatrix syndrome

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min Rider on the Storm 197,622
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 min Whale Watching 59,844
News Ultra-marathon runner reunited with missing str... 8 min Go Blue Forever 3
Make up your wildest Headline. (Aug '08) 9 min Sam 651
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 10 min Jennifer Renee 19,810
Alphabetical ways to die (Jul '11) 15 min greymouser 10,886
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 19 min TheJerseyDevil 33,247
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 37 min streetglidehoney 20,026
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 1 hr Sam 8,852
More from around the web