Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#68983 Dec 30, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know where they got the word "devil" in relation to an egg, do you?
Hint: Eve is the genesis of the first female egg.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#68984 Dec 30, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Five! Welcome to the Jungle. lol
Freud may have exaggerated his theories based on the premise that we are sexual animals by nature. But Jung gave it a "meaning" by defining our personality and awareness.
I read 'man and his symbols' because of my interest in dream interpretation years ago...I was exploring the idea of dream control at the time.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#68985 Dec 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
When you ask a question that is not loaded, don't pull a fallacy, and actually read the answers, then maybe I'll take you at least a little seriously. But so far you have proven to just be another nut with a different delusion than the god one.
Thanks for proving my point. You don't have an answer. I'll just ask another one.

Tell me who's being watched. You or this?

http://cdn.thedesignwork.com/wp-content/uploa...
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#68986 Dec 30, 2012
Jesus came to set all men free. The old Testament is about God's salvation and the one to come who would be the lamb of God given in sacrifice for the atonement of man and for all the work of God.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#68987 Dec 30, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I read 'man and his symbols' because of my interest in dream interpretation years ago...I was exploring the idea of dream control at the time.
Lucid dreaming is actually quite easy.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#68988 Dec 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Lucid dreaming is actually quite easy.
is that where you got the idea of interbreeding with neanderthals?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#68989 Dec 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Lucid dreaming is actually quite easy.
please tell...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#68990 Dec 30, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving my point. You don't have an answer. I'll just ask another one.
Tell me who's being watched. You or this?
http://cdn.thedesignwork.com/wp-content/uploa...
Picture in a picture, forgot the technical term for the effect. It is just more evidence that your mind seeks out patterns instinctively, even when there are none, and sees what you want it to see.

So ... your point?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#68991 Dec 30, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Jesus came to set all men free. The old Testament is about God's salvation and the one to come who would be the lamb of God given in sacrifice for the atonement of man and for all the work of God.
Assertions without evidence. Why do you insist on making those?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#68992 Dec 30, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I read 'man and his symbols' because of my interest in dream interpretation years ago...I was exploring the idea of dream control at the time.
Yes I've had that. I wake up from a dream, and go back to sleep and make up a plot.

I've also had the same dreams re-occur exactly. It was a dream about that I was looking out the window and saw the planets orbit around me through that window. I think if I remember correctly, it was Uranus. lol

true story (except for the Uranus part)

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#68993 Dec 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Picture in a picture, forgot the technical term for the effect. It is just more evidence that your mind seeks out patterns instinctively, even when there are none, and sees what you want it to see.
So ... your point?
How do you know Washington isn't watching you, huh?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#68994 Dec 30, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
please tell...
Once you realize that it's a dream, you have full control.
drinK the hiVe

New York, NY

#68995 Dec 30, 2012
So It'd Explain Why Some Of The Things I Think About When High Are Written In The Dharma...

https://lh3.ggpht.com/_IUYlNU10BMY/Si4hkuWW_l...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#68996 Dec 30, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
is that where you got the idea of interbreeding with neanderthals?
It's obvious you hate anything based on fact, but love anything that's based on mythology.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#68997 Dec 30, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you keep avoiding my question about objective reality. Get back to me when you make a reality check, will you?
(I'm really beginning to think that all reality might be subjective...and what one would call objective reality, is just a agreement between those who have subjective ideas that are in general agreement...whatever that means.lol)

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#68998 Dec 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious you hate anything based on fact, but love anything that's based on mythology.
No, you just need to face reality

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#68999 Dec 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious you hate anything based on fact, but love anything that's based on mythology.
mythology is a symbolic representation of reality.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Park City, Utah

#69000 Dec 30, 2012
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Africa? That seems unlikely to me. Did they not evolve into the cold climate hardy Neanderthal form after they migrated into Ice Age Eurasia?
That is about like claiming Eskimos started out in the tropics.
I stand by my post.

All you have to do is Google the word 'Neanderthal' and you will have over 7 million pages to check out.

All hominids come from Africa originally.

Below are some excerpts from one of those pages:

“The Neanderthals are a now-extinct species or subspecies within the genus Homo and closely related to modern humans. They are known from fossil specimens dating to the Pleistocene period and found in Europe and parts of western and central Asia. The term "Neanderthal", a shortening of "Neanderthal man", is sometimes spelled Neandertal, the modern spelling of the name of the Neander Valley in Germany where the species was first discovered.

Neanderthals are classified alternatively as a subspecies of Homo sapiens (Homo sapiens neanderthalensis) or as a separate species of the same genus (Homo neanderthalensis).[2] The first proto-Neanderthal traits appeared in Europe as early as 600,000–350,000 years ago.[3] Proto-Neanderthal traits are occasionally grouped with another phenetic species, such as Homo heidelbergensis, or a migrant form, Homo rhodesiensis.

The youngest Neanderthals include the Vindija Cave fossils in Croatia, which are between 33,000 and 32,000 years old. No definite specimens younger than 30,000 years ago have been found, but evidence of fire by Neanderthals in Gibraltar indicate they may have survived there until 24,000 years ago. Cro-Magnon or early modern human skeletal remains with "Neanderthal traits" were found in Lagar Velho (Portugal), dated to 24,500 years ago and interpreted as indications of extensively admixed populations.”

*****

“Genetic evidence published in 2010 suggests they contributed DNA to anatomically modern humans, probably through interbreeding between Neanderthals and the earliest Humans that dispersed out of Africa. This is thought to have occurred between 80,000 and 50,000 years ago, shortly after (or perhaps before) the proto-Eurasians emigrated from Africa, while they were still one population. According to the study as much as 1–4% of the genome of the population that populated Eurasia was contributed by Neanderthals.”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#69001 Dec 30, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
(I'm really beginning to think that all reality might be subjective...and what one would call objective reality, is just a agreement between those who have subjective ideas that are in general agreement...whatever that means.lol)
Exactly

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#69002 Dec 30, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I've had that. I wake up from a dream, and go back to sleep and make up a plot.
I've also had the same dreams re-occur exactly. It was a dream about that I was looking out the window and saw the planets orbit around me through that window. I think if I remember correctly, it was Uranus. lol
true story (except for the Uranus part)
I was just about to say...better not ask Freud about that one...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Like..... (Mar '14) 5 min honeymylove 752
Rest in Peace, Spock 9 min wichita-rick 181
Life is incomplete without ..... (what?) (Feb '14) 19 min honeymylove 716
Things Not To Say In Bed (Oct '11) 29 min enter username 2,793
Obama takes control of Internet 36 min flbadcatowner 149
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 40 min Camilla 157,922
Word Association. (Nov '10) 59 min Mega Monster 17,036
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 1 hr NinaRocks 775
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 hr Mega Monster 39,288
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 5 hr NinaRocks 17,872
More from around the web