Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#68959 Dec 30, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Neanderthals have been traced back from 350,000 to 500,000 years ago in Africa. Neanderthals left a trail of skeletons from Africa to Europe and Asia. There was found several skeletons of Neanderthals in Israel dated to 50,000 years ago and 100,000 years ago. The last ones apparently died of in the Spain area around 25,000 years ago.

All you have to do is google neanderthals, and an amazing amount of factual evidence is at your fingertips.
Africa? That seems unlikely to me. Did they not evolve into the cold climate hardy Neanderthal form after they migrated into Ice Age Eurasia?

That is about like claiming Eskimos started out in the tropics.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Patagonia

#68960 Dec 30, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The work of Pliny the young, Tacitus, Bart Ehrman, Craig A. Evans and John D. Morris, etc, proves the existence of Jesus through their works and books.
The writings of Bart Ehrman are also telling us that the listed authors of the 4 Gospels are not the true writers of them. The authors were NOT disciples and were NOT eyewitnesses to the events they wrote about.

Also, Tacitus and Pliny the younger do not PROVE the existence of Jesus as they didn't eyewitness events, they just wrote later accounts from hearsay.

Interesting thing about Dr. Ehrman is that he says Princeton Seminary school is who first taught him these facts.

Bart D. Ehrman (born 1955) is an American New Testament scholar, currently the James A. Gray Distinguished Professor of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. While Ehrman is a leading New Testament scholar, he has also achieved acclaim at the popular level, authoring four New York Times bestsellers. His best-known works at the popular level are Misquoting Jesus and Jesus, Interrupted. Ehrman's work focuses on New Testament textual criticism and early Christianity.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#68961 Dec 30, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Then you did not do a research on Arabs, Arabisation, Islam and Islamisation.
But despite that, Christianity still holds the power. God at work.
God allowed 2/3rds of the Christian Roman Empire to fall to the Muslims. Was God (a) on their side,(b) powerless to stop them (c) did not care that millions who followed in these countries would not learn the message of Jesus ? Take your pick.

While you are at it, do devout Muslims go to heaven?

Answer the questions, coward.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#68962 Dec 30, 2012
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Because God had a sense of humor? He told both the Christians and the Moslems they were his chosen people just as he had done with the Jews and left them to fight endlessly over the same Holy Land in the Middle East?
That is the only answer that makes sense...

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#68963 Dec 30, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
And because he wants to stay in power, he decides based upon political expediency.
<quoted text>
The people *were* Romans.
Lol
A bundle of knowledge indeed. Ofcourse they were Romans, but not only Romans in the empire but Greeks, Jews, Egyptians, Franks and other sets of people.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#68964 Dec 30, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Then you did not do a research on Arabs, Arabisation, Islam and Islamisation.
But despite that, Christianity still holds the power. God at work.
I know about it. I know Islam was spread largely by the sword. I also know that no sword power could stop God if God had wanted it stopped. God obviously supported the spread of Islam to overrun 2/3rds of the Christian lands, an prevent all those people and their offspring from becoming Christians.

Level 2

Location hidden

#68965 Dec 30, 2012
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
If the emperor Constantine made the final decision would not the Vatican have been in his new Roman capital Constantinople rather than in the discarded Rome? The Roman capital was Eastern Orthodox.
Constantinople is situated in Rome, true or false?
Vatican is situated in Rome, true or true?
Choose the best correct one above.

Level 2

Location hidden

#68966 Dec 30, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
As often as you use that word, it's a shame that you don't seem to know what it means.
<quoted text>
No, not "likewise".
Do you have some sort of Magic 8-Ball that you shake to get your responses? Because it often looks like it. It's as if you just shout out random words.
Challenge, remember!
Face that or back off( get behind)!

Level 2

Location hidden

#68967 Dec 30, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if you look at the Old Testament.
The prophecy of Jesus started from the old testament( Isaiah).
phaines

Big Bear Lake, CA

#68968 Dec 30, 2012
http://youtu.be/wsdy_rct6uo

Spin Doctors - Two Princes
phaines

Big Bear Lake, CA

#68969 Dec 30, 2012
oops,wrong thread...lol

Level 2

Location hidden

#68970 Dec 30, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Which was politically expedient of him to do so.
There were nothing political there.
The Christians were never armed...
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#68971 Dec 30, 2012
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. Great floods have occured all over the planet. We call that weather.
Read GEN 6:17 and GEN 7:23.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#68972 Dec 30, 2012
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Drunks and junkies are alive when they have those hallucinations. I think its unfair to compare them to a person who is temporarily dead until they are medically revived via CPR or other methods.
'...why is it that every single religious belief produces vastly different NDEs?'
It might be that God lets souls experience the after-life in a way that won't make them doubt their religion when they re-enter their bodies. For example, if a Muslim dies and experiences a Christian Heaven and then returns to his body, he probably wouldn't want to tell his fellow Muslims that Heaven is a Christian Heaven. If he does, he might be beaten up and/or killed.
The brain will live for up to 30 minutes after "death." There are few instances, forms of death, in which this is not the case. Until the brain suffocates or is utterly destroyed, it will function.

The rest of what you said is just an excuse, nothing more.

Level 2

Location hidden

#68973 Dec 30, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
The writings of Bart Ehrman are also telling us that the listed authors of the 4 Gospels are not the true writers of them. The authors were NOT disciples and were NOT eyewitnesses to the events they wrote about.
Also, Tacitus and Pliny the younger do not PROVE the existence of Jesus as they didn't eyewitness events, they just wrote later accounts from hearsay.
Interesting thing about Dr. Ehrman is that he says Princeton Seminary school is who first taught him these facts.
Bart D. Ehrman (born 1955) is an American New Testament scholar, currently the James A. Gray Distinguished Professor of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. While Ehrman is a leading New Testament scholar, he has also achieved acclaim at the popular level, authoring four New York Times bestsellers. His best-known works at the popular level are Misquoting Jesus and Jesus, Interrupted. Ehrman's work focuses on New Testament textual criticism and early Christianity.
The writers of the gospel were Mathew, John, etc.
These men were direct disciples of Christ, while Mark and Luke were not.
Hearsay for Tacitus and Pliny the young(son or relatives of Pliny the elder), how?
Where you there?
I only agree with Bart Ehrman's works on archaelogy, not on the gospel.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#68974 Dec 30, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Answer the blippin' question, already!!
That's the game many religious people play, they will always ask a question, demand an answer, then evade any actual questions presented to them until you forget what your questions to them were. It's a dishonest game.

Level 2

Location hidden

#68975 Dec 30, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
How did they prove it?
Do your research on the internet, just like what Thewordofme( Bill) did, though he made Ehrman, but Ehrman can not say Mathew and others were not the writers because he was not.
He wrote well on archaeology.

Level 2

Location hidden

#68976 Dec 30, 2012
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
God allowed 2/3rds of the Christian Roman Empire to fall to the Muslims. Was God (a) on their side,(b) powerless to stop them (c) did not care that millions who followed in these countries would not learn the message of Jesus ? Take your pick.
While you are at it, do devout Muslims go to heaven?
Answer the questions, coward.
Are you a coward?
Behave like a gentle man, if you.
I asked you to do a research on Arabs, Arabisation, Islam and Islamisation you refused.
Until then, keep dreaming.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#68977 Dec 30, 2012
phaines wrote:
http://youtu.be/wsdy_rct6uo
Spin Doctors - Two Princes
LYNYRD SKYNYRD - Free Bird * ROCK ON!!!

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#68978 Dec 30, 2012
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough, I'll elaborate.
IMO God created everything, however, everything evolved. It's still possible that God mades us to evolve, think, reason, discover, create and invent. We still don't know everything about the potential of our own brains. There are probably many things we have not yet discovered and many things we still don't know. To me, neither have been conclusively proven and I liken it to having a child, parents in a sense 'create' a child, raise, teach, love and shape him/her,then the child grows up and goes into the world and in a sense 'evolves' through education, experiences, life lessons, relationship, work etc..So then you have something that started out as a blank canvas and 'evolved' into a beautiful painting. Another good example is a computer, someone created/invented it, then others shaped it and added to it over time until it has 'evolved' to what is available to us today. It's comparable to the 'mutant gene' that Dr Jean Grey and others were born with too, to me, it's possible that God created us with the evolution gene.
Interesting. Based on this definition, I think I might have to agree.

"a gene that has changed so that the normal transmission and expression of a trait is affected"

I used to think that we can turn on and turn off genes that are dormant or active at will or by other factors in the environment. When we learn a new trait or develop a new talent or ability, the brain is sending all kinds of signals to the body. When we become aware of it, it is stored in something like memory cells. But I don't think the old genes that were active before adaptation of new traits is lost. We just 'created' new information that is stored in our memory and the makes other genes less active. We can do this by consciously responding to a stimuli. The mutant genes are the by-product.

Have you thought about how we use wireless phones or wireless printers and how it works? I think humans can do the same by picking up energies from others including animals, plants, or objects. All matter have energy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HOPE and CHANGE 4 min beatlesinthebog 2
*=* Hoosier Hillbilly *=* 5 min Princess Hey 176
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 9 min Hoosier Hillbilly 29,803
What's your tip for the day? 15 min beatlesinthebog 1,219
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 18 min CJ Rocker 2,532
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 22 min CJ Rocker 149,044
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 44 min ms_Sweeter 3,844
True or False Game 49 min -CatCiao- 410
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 50 min ms_Sweeter 22,238
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 5 hr Crazy Beautiful 6,836
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 5 hr Go Blue Forever 41

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE