Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#68919 Dec 30, 2012
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the selective memory of religious folk when it comes to telling about God being on their side...
How come God then allowed the Christianised Roman Empire to weaken so dramatically that Mohammed and his Muslims swallowed up 2/3rds of it, converting millions away from Christianity and towards Islam?(Not to mention the millions of Zoroastrians, Hindus, and Buddhists in the other direction.)
Role call of Christian Roman territories that fell to Islam...Spain, Morrocco, Algeria, Libya, Tunisia, Egypt, Palestine, Syria, Lebanon, Turkey, Albania, Cyprus...and for a while, even Spain, Greece and Bulgaria.
Where was the Christian God then? Or was Mohammed truly the successor to Jesus and the Last Prophet, as the Muslims claim?
Is this going to be another one of those "God moves in mysterious ways" defenses?
Bonus question: is a devout Muslim damned or saved?
Do a research on Arabs, Arabisation, Islam and Islamisation.

Level 2

Location hidden

#68920 Dec 30, 2012
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof of what? The ability of men in silly hats to impress village idiots?
Vatican city is a proof that Christianity became a strong -hold of the Roman catholic faith to date.

Level 2

Location hidden

#68921 Dec 30, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
By falsely claiming that it isn't.
Irony!!!

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#68922 Dec 30, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Irony!!!
As often as you use that word, it's a shame that you don't seem to know what it means.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#68923 Dec 30, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Narrow!
How can they adopt a superstitious faith in the entire empire?
The early Christians were an early example of modern passive-resistance. What really matters is that the state perverted the early message.

Level 2

Location hidden

#68924 Dec 30, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
And because he wants to stay in power, he decides based upon political expediency.
He can play that with the people and not with the Romans.
You are again, wrong.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#68925 Dec 30, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then the Roman faith would have been the official faith in the whole empire and not Christianity?
Why Christianity?
No. As previously stated, Constantine's predecessor ended persecution of the Christians. Constantine was the first emperor to organize and pervert Christianity to be a tool of the state.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#68926 Dec 30, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> He can play that with the people and not with the Romans.
You are again, wrong.
You are again, a looney!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#68927 Dec 30, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>I should be telling that.
The Emperor takes the final decision, no one decides for him.
Vatican city is a proof to date.
To date, you ARE a looney!

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#68928 Dec 30, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm more of a Jung man myself
Hi Five! Welcome to the Jungle. lol

Freud may have exaggerated his theories based on the premise that we are sexual animals by nature. But Jung gave it a "meaning" by defining our personality and awareness.

Level 2

Location hidden

#68929 Dec 30, 2012
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did God allow the Muslim Hoardes to capture and convert 2/3rds of the Christian Roman Empire?
Are devout Muslims damned or saved?
The issues are not by capture but by power, Christianity through God, has that.

Level 2

Location hidden

#68930 Dec 30, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
As often as you use that word, it's a shame that you don't seem to know what it means.
Likewise.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#68931 Dec 30, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The issues are not by capture but by power, Christianity through God, has that.
So to repeat the questions you did not answer.

Why did God let the Muslims take over 2/3rds of the Christian Roman Empire?

Are devout Muslims damned?

The waffle you handed back answers neither question.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#68932 Dec 30, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Do a research on Arabs, Arabisation, Islam and Islamisation.
I would wager I know more about it than you do.

You still fail to answer the questions.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#68933 Dec 30, 2012
Soooo much TIME WASTED...on the What If and WHY and HOW..did WE come about ..AND WHAT have we learned thus far..LOOK up at the Moon and the stars...and Comets and meteorites in the Night sky... and WONDER ...WHY we were CHOSEN to live on this most beautiful planet in the Universe.. WHEN we are ONLY destroying it by our selfish personal needs...Pollution, Chemicals and Excavation of it's outer surface and inner core. WHY is a HUGE question? WHAT if there isn't ant TRUE answer? ROCK ON!!

“The..”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#68934 Dec 30, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Ha! Well, the X-Men analogy isn't where I'd start, but I guess it can be applied. I always take Marvel comics with a grain of salt. Stan Lee does leak an obvious Jewish point of view to things. DC isn't really any better, just far more WASPish. I'm an Irish Catholic by upbringing. I think the Catholics consider everyone evil and shameful so superhero comics just ain't going to come from that world!

Generally, you are more or less taking the Deist stance, which is optimistic or politically correct, depending on what one wants to derive from it. Well, I can't prove that God DOESN'T exist and I wouldn't be a good atheist if I were to obsess on doing so!
Lol, yeah I still prefer Marvel. It's unusual for me to be thought of as politically correct so thank you :D

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#68935 Dec 30, 2012
"A"..not ant..

“The..”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#68936 Dec 30, 2012
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>To me the strongest argument against what you are proposing is the sheer "incidental" aspect of our evolution. Evolution meandered along with all kinds of novelty but big brains coupled with dexterous hands might easily never have eventuated.

Mark Twain observed more than a century ago that if Earth's History were the Eiffel Tower, human civilisation would constitute the thickness of the paint covering the topmost part of the structure. It would be strange indeed if the paid decided that the whole Tower existed merely to support it up there!

I hope I am wrong, but it appears that human occupation may come to an end in a short enough time that the whole of our history would constitute a few millimetres of deposits in some future Grand Canyon.(But man, I would love to see the fossils laid down in the millions of years after our departure!) Lets do what we can to ensure that this scenario does not unfold. Killing each other over primitive dogmas is not a promising way forward.
Agreed :D

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#68937 Dec 30, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
Pollution, Chemicals and Excavation of it's outer surface and inner core.
Go green!

Level 2

Location hidden

#68938 Dec 30, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>The early Christians were an early example of modern passive-resistance. What really matters is that the state perverted the early message.
But the message of the bible is centred on Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 5 min whatimeisit 6,980
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 6 min Gofigger 3,315
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 10 min Sublime1 20,040
Woman commits suicide by crocodile 21 min Denny CranesPlace 17
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 21 min AmyFaith 137,693
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 21 min Crazy Beautiful 5,575
Navy 4 on trial for bizarre sexual assault 38 min Colonel Sanders 10
In pictures: Glamour model spends a 30k on plas... 2 hr Chester 5
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr Crazy Beautiful 146,959
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••