Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,233)

Showing posts 64,641 - 64,660 of105,808
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientist are a funny lot...if they did make an instrument to detect it, they would make up some new name for it like LIFEb727 and claimed that it was a new discovery unheard of until now...lol
Yeah, I know, they renamed Sol to Sol ... and Earth to Earth ... and Mars to ... erm ... wait. If you don't realize just how silly your fallacious point is, then you are truly naive.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
And so we can assume the first early humans were darker, what changed the color of their skin and hair and facial features?
Interbreeding with neanderthal.

“Never give up”

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Avon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask for evidence, and you give more assertions, now you have more things to provide evidence for. You should get busy if you want to be taken seriously.
This is another assertion, but how do you account for a mother somehow knowing that her child was just injured even though her child may be hundreds of miles away? I have heard of many stories like this and when the mother contacts her child, that child informs her that he/she did just suffer an injury, such as falling off a ladder while painting the house or burning their hand on the stove.

There's no scientific explaination for things like telepathy and other psychic events. I believe the only explaination for these psycic events is that its our souls that do the communicating.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Because delusional people dishonestly avoid the questions I posit then expect me to answer their questions. Until you answer the first questions posited, then no one, not even me, has to even consider answering anything you ask. So meh. FIFO
You still haven't answered my question.

How do you know what objective reality is when there are competing theories in science to explain things using the scientific method?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
This is another assertion, but how do you account for a mother somehow knowing that her child was just injured even though her child may be hundreds of miles away? I have heard of many stories like this and when the mother contacts her child, that child informs her that he/she did just suffer an injury, such as falling off a ladder while painting the house or burning their hand on the stove.
There's no scientific explaination for things like telepathy and other psychic events. I believe the only explaination for these psycic events is that its our souls that do the communicating.
Pft, you answer my questions first, I asked for evidence, present it. Then I will address one of yours.... and with this post you just compounded my request for evidence. Now you have more to provide evidence for. You are making the assertions, I am just asking for evidence. Requesting evidence cannot, by definition, be an assertion, that would be circular logic, or as we call it, division by zero error.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Synchronicity

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Cybele wrote:
So how do explain hair loss? Why did early humans lose their hair and then hunt for fur to keep warm?
It was the humans in Africa who lost their hair.
It was the humans who immigrated to Europe who hunted for fur to keep warm.

If the population in Europe were unable to hunt for fur, one of two things would have happened.
Either they would have grown their fur back, or they would have frozen to death.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Cybele wrote:
And so we can assume the first early humans were darker,
Yup.
what changed the color of their skin and hair and facial features?
Different climates favor different skin colors.
We see evidence of that even today.
Black people in the United States suffer from vitamin deficiency more often than White people.

As for the hair and facial features, I admit that I don't know.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Pft, you answer my questions first, I asked for evidence, present it. Then I will address one of yours.... and with this post you just compounded my request for evidence. Now you have more to provide evidence for. You are making the assertions, I am just asking for evidence. Requesting evidence cannot, by definition, be an assertion, that would be circular logic, or as we call it, division by zero error.
in other words...Does not compute...does not compute...lol

apparently the government believed in it enough to use it in the cold war...(remote seeing etc.)

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
What were the neanderthals doing in what is now called Belgium? How did they get there if all great apes originated in Africa? Can you fill in the gaps in your theory?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I started to say "350,000," since that is the estimate of the number killed in Hiroshima.
But what did President Truman say afterward? He said, "We may be grateful to Providence."
The Japanese thought they were under the protection of the magical emperor when they went to war in 1941.

The Germans, Brits, and Americans thought they were under the protection of God.

50,000,000 people killed in that war.

Where was prayer?? Where was God??

Don't forget Nagasaki...near 200,000 I think.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Not to mention NASA's ESP experiments from space.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think we know for sure...yet..:-)

“Never give up”

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Avon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, many people who died then were brought back to life by paramedics claim that they went to Heaven and met one of their ancestors. Their bodies were still on Earth, but their soul traveled to Heaven for a short time.

I would say one way to prove that souls exist and hat they can depart from their bodies and then return to it, is to be put to death and then brought back to life by paramedics. Then when you experience the after-life, you'll have the evidence that soul exist which you're looking for.

I believe in the existance of souls, so I don't need to go through this process.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
The Japanese thought they were under the protection of the magical emperor when they went to war in 1941.
The Germans, Brits, and Americans thought they were under the protection of God.
50,000,000 people killed in that war.
Where was prayer?? Where was God??
Don't forget Nagasaki...near 200,000 I think.
Give the devil his due.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
apparently the government believed in it enough to use it in the cold war...(remote seeing etc.)
do you mean remote viewing?

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think we know for sure...yet..:-)
oh but she thinks that's objective reality!

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Give the devil his due.
necessary evil

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's a conspiracy nut's "theory," they looked into it, it was never used because there was no solid evidence to support it and it had demonstrated to be inaccurate. The projects were scrapped because they produced zero results beyond that of wildly guessing.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, many people who died then were brought back to life by paramedics claim that they went to Heaven and met one of their ancestors. Their bodies were still on Earth, but their soul traveled to Heaven for a short time.
I would say one way to prove that souls exist and hat they can depart from their bodies and then return to it, is to be put to death and then brought back to life by paramedics. Then when you experience the after-life, you'll have the evidence that soul exist which you're looking for.
I believe in the existance of souls, so I don't need to go through this process.
so now you believe in any claim made by anyone without requiring any evidence at all. We know what causes the hallucinations often called NDEs, it's all very basic neurology actually, very basic, as in high school level.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 64,641 - 64,660 of105,808
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••