Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#68776 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
in other words...Does not compute...does not compute...lol
apparently the government believed in it enough to use it in the cold war...(remote seeing etc.)
No, that's a conspiracy nut's "theory," they looked into it, it was never used because there was no solid evidence to support it and it had demonstrated to be inaccurate. The projects were scrapped because they produced zero results beyond that of wildly guessing.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68777 Dec 29, 2012
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, many people who died then were brought back to life by paramedics claim that they went to Heaven and met one of their ancestors. Their bodies were still on Earth, but their soul traveled to Heaven for a short time.
I would say one way to prove that souls exist and hat they can depart from their bodies and then return to it, is to be put to death and then brought back to life by paramedics. Then when you experience the after-life, you'll have the evidence that soul exist which you're looking for.
I believe in the existance of souls, so I don't need to go through this process.
so now you believe in any claim made by anyone without requiring any evidence at all. We know what causes the hallucinations often called NDEs, it's all very basic neurology actually, very basic, as in high school level.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68778 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
What were the neanderthals doing in what is now called Belgium? How did they get there if all great apes originated in Africa? Can you fill in the gaps in your theory?
Divergent evolutionary branch. It's not "my" theory, it's the only theory that explains why organisms evolve, and it's the only theory that explains how this evolving effects the populations. The only gaps are in your comprehension and study.

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#68779 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
do you mean remote viewing?
yes I do..

(you might not believe this, but I have been pondering for Quite a while now( a year or more ) the idea of...

"No such thing as coincidence" and it's absolutely opened up a new world for me. Sorry had to tell you that... you keep reminding me every time I see your avatar...)

think of me what you will...lol

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#68780 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's a conspiracy nut's "theory," they looked into it, it was never used because there was no solid evidence to support it and it had demonstrated to be inaccurate. The projects were scrapped because they produced zero results beyond that of wildly guessing.
You don't think "interbreeding with Neanderthals" is not wild guessing? No one has directly observed them.

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#68781 Dec 29, 2012
Just wondering...

If man could evolve from nothing...who's to say 'god' or a 'divine being' could not also have evolved from nothing?

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#68782 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
well of course they told the public that...top secret ya know.:)

Level 5

above and beyond

#68783 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The only gaps are in your comprehension and study.
The only valid science are the ones we can do direct observation with such as the evolution of E. Coli unless you are some sort of bacteria that kills people

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#68784 Dec 29, 2012
Who's to say 'God' didn't simply 'evolve' before us...and then created us...

The same way man 'evolved' and created 'robots' and or 'cars'....

“Never give up”

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

North Olmsted, OH

#68785 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
so now you believe in any claim made by anyone without requiring any evidence at all. We know what causes the hallucinations often called NDEs, it's all very basic neurology actually, very basic, as in high school level.
Then why do so many of these NDEs involve going to Heaven? Why don't more people report having hallucinations that they traveled to say Egypt or China or to the Moon?

I believe all souls automatically go to Heaven after the moment of death. If/when their bodies are medically revived then their soul is sent back to their body.

You say NDEs, but I say NDEs are really brief experiences of the afterlife.

Level 5

above and beyond

#68786 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
yes I do..
(you might not believe this, but I have been pondering for Quite a while now( a year or more ) the idea of...
"No such thing as coincidence" and it's absolutely opened up a new world for me. Sorry had to tell you that... you keep reminding me every time I see your avatar...)
think of me what you will...lol
lol

did you study psychology?

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#68787 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think "interbreeding with Neanderthals" is not wild guessing? No one has directly observed them.
of course it's wild guessing...but if science wildly guesses to support a preconceived theory, it is more than likely accepted as fact.

Level 5

above and beyond

#68788 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I had experienced NDE experience. I don't care if I was hallucinating the last few seconds of it but I lived because of the image I saw in my head. I survived the accident. You really have no understanding how the mind can do wonders sometimes.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#68789 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
But they have been able to extract DNA samples from their remains. Small amounts of DNA that Neanderthal had but Heidelbergensis did not have, which has been concluded by examining the DNA of African peoples, is observable in some European groups.

It would be wrong to ever assume that one species of "proto-human" ever just totally killed off and replaced another group. The odds are that, at least in the early phases of separation, cross breeding occurred. Adaptations that were not advantageous to the new species would slowly work their way out of the gene pool.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#68790 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
did you study psychology?
just an interest on a personal level...

why do ya ask?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#68791 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the florescent wood scenes were pretty cool....nice effects.
*bioluminescent!

Level 5

above and beyond

#68792 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
just an interest on a personal level...
why do ya ask?
just curious, maybe it's just deja vu

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#68793 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
So how do explain hair loss? Why did early humans lose their hair and then hunt for fur to keep warm?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_hair#Human...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68794 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
This video applies to you as well:

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#68795 Dec 29, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you think the saying "When in Rome...do as...the Romans do" originates from?(too lazy to look it up, so just pose the question just for the heck of it)
DO you think it means when in Rome, speak the Origin-al language of, or what you're trying to say might not be understood?
Kind of like speaking English, in England....rather than kindergarten sandbox pig-latin, and trying to pass it off as English, rather than what it REALLY is....
I don't have the slightest clue what you're trying to say.

And I think that saying means what it says.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it possible to....... 4 min Word by Word 516
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 6 min wichita-rick 119
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 7 min -Lea- 25,501
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min wichita-rick 152,348
"OLD SAYINGS" - - - Feel free to post them here... 15 min Independent1 53
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 23 min Nuhor Lir Gurenna 1,049
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 24 min lightning 1,935
True or False Game 1 hr Old Sam 1,242
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 2 hr -Lea- 70
More from around the web