Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
64,501 - 64,520 of 114,588 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are making up what you perceive.
according to science everyone does that...lol

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

BraveCon wrote:
I believe that since humans are the only animals with a soul, it is the soul that is constantly altering our DNA and making us evolve into a creature that will barely resemble the original human beings that inhabited the Earth when our race first started some 2 million years ago.
Since God is the one who creates souls and bonds them to the animals known as human beings, He is responsible for mankind becoming the most intelligent and evolved beings on Earth.
Look at sharks and crocodiles, they are both hundreds of millions of years old, yet they have changed very little over this time period. Its because they don't have souls.
So, what is this "soul" and where is the evidence suggesting it?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
according to science everyone does that...lol
Yes, that is why opinions and anecdotes are not considered evidence and claims are considered bias by default, until verifiable evidence is offered suggesting it. Verifiable, testable, and reproducible evidences are objective, meaning they will behave the exact same way for one person as they do for another. That is why scientists demand that standard of evidence, and why any thinking and rational person would as well. Until such evidence is presented, any claim can be dismissed as meaningless, or delusion if there is an insistence of the claim's validity in spite of evidence to the contrary being uncovered.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
including making animal or human sacrifices?
Sacrifices is truly an idea that evades me.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are making up what you perceive.
Can you elaborate please

sounds like some fallacy to me

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Free Servant, how do you know if an agate crystal looks like Jesus?
Do we have any portraits from Jesus' time to compare it with?

“Never give up”

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

North Olmsted, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what is this "soul" and where is the evidence suggesting it?
When people die, the bond between the soul and the human body is severed. When the soul's connection to the material world is severed, the soul is free to go and dwell in the spiritual realm, which would include places like Heaven. A soul cannot be detected with instruments designed to detect physical properties such as mass and energy so its currently impossible to get the evidence of a soul's existance.

Perhaps one day somebody will design and build an instrument that can detect the properties of spirits.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

On a fence in Central America, there was what looked like a picture of Jesus.
Many people took pilgrimages to that fence, and abandoned crutches and wheelchairs accumulated.

But then a workman washed the whitewash off and found that it wasn't Jesus, it was Willy Nelson.

At that point, the crutches and wheelchairs stopped accumulating.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

BraveCon wrote:
I believe that since humans are the only animals with a soul, it is the soul that is constantly altering our DNA and making us evolve into a creature that will barely resemble the original human beings that inhabited the Earth when our race first started some 2 million years ago.
Since God is the one who creates souls and bonds them to the animals known as human beings, He is responsible for mankind becoming the most intelligent and evolved beings on Earth.
Look at sharks and crocodiles, they are both hundreds of millions of years old, yet they have changed very little over this time period. Its because they don't have souls.
LMAO. LAME

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

xxxoxxx, didn't the Israelites go out and mow down Canaanites and Philistines after they received the Ten Commandments?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that is why opinions and anecdotes are not considered evidence and claims are considered bias by default, until verifiable evidence is offered suggesting it. Verifiable, testable, and reproducible evidences are objective, meaning they will behave the exact same way for one person as they do for another. That is why scientists demand that standard of evidence, and why any thinking and rational person would as well. Until such evidence is presented, any claim can be dismissed as meaningless, or delusion if there is an insistence of the claim's validity in spite of evidence to the contrary being uncovered.
Metaphysics after all, is "beyond" physics...which by its very nature is undefinable.(consider the observer effect)
You assume that everything should fit into the man made concept of science without exception...
Without the metaphysical world nothing would exist...but like I said...these are things that you would not understand by way scientific terms...but just as real as the physical world, if not more so.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
haven't really read them....
there are other holy books other than the bible, which makes everything in the bible half-truths

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
When people die, the bond between the soul and the human body is severed. When the soul's connection to the material world is severed, the soul is free to go and dwell in the spiritual realm, which would include places like Heaven. A soul cannot be detected with instruments designed to detect physical properties such as mass and energy so its currently impossible to get the evidence of a soul's existance.
Perhaps one day somebody will design and build an instrument that can detect the properties of spirits.
Scientist are a funny lot...if they did make an instrument to detect it, they would make up some new name for it like LIFEb727 and claimed that it was a new discovery unheard of until now...lol

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

G'dansk

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

BraveCon wrote:
Wake up dude, there is no such thing as a soul...it's just religious crap.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
there are other holy books other than the bible, which makes everything in the bible half-truths
which do you prefer?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Thomas Robertson wrote:
On a fence in Central America, there was what looked like a picture of Jesus.
Many people took pilgrimages to that fence, and abandoned crutches and wheelchairs accumulated.
But then a workman washed the whitewash off and found that it wasn't Jesus, it was Willy Nelson.
At that point, the crutches and wheelchairs stopped accumulating.
Laffin.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

G'dansk

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Sacrifices is truly an idea that evades me.
Really?? God seemed to need a human sacrifice to make us 'right' with Him. And in the early days he wanted goats and sheep.

This really leads me to think the whole shebang is made up crap.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
which do you prefer?
sci-fi

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

BraveCon wrote:
I believe that since humans are the only animals with a soul...
What is the evidence for the existence of a "soul"?

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

BraveCon wrote:
A soul cannot be detected with instruments designed to detect physical properties such as mass and energy so its currently impossible to get the evidence of a soul's existance.
So how do you know that souls exist?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••