Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

#68730 Dec 29, 2012
its amazing that anyone could actually think the biblical story is fact

You have to have thrown away all logic and reason to believe that

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#68731 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
;-)
epic
did you have any particular scene that was your favorite?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#68732 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
ahhh... so you do believe.
I would even say that you had faith in the bible...the killing part anyway, because you except it without question.
Which I would definitely call faith.
Never even stopped to consider did you?
wherein lies your true faith...can you deny?
think about it.
Wow.

What a dumb argument.

Think about it.

Oh, sorry, forgot who I was quoting here.(shrug)

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#68733 Dec 29, 2012
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The species which evolve the most are the ones which undergo the most stress which they could overcome.
If what you say about sharks and crocodiles is true, then sharks and crocodiles have not undergone much stress which made evolution necessary for survival.
On the other hand, if a population undergoes stress which it CANNOT overcome, that population goes extinct.
Apparently, that is what happened to the trilobites.
Polar bears are descended from dark-colored bears which happened to get caught on the wrong side of the glacier.
At first, they were readily visible by their prey. So the darker colored bears died of starvation, leaving the gene pool open for the lighter colored members.
So how do explain hair loss? Why did early humans lose their hair and then hunt for fur to keep warm?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#68734 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the
Who cares?(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#68735 Dec 29, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you WAS a pretty good guy this year then......You can order hemitite meteorite fragments that were found in Russia, and they are not expensive.
Yeah, but I only want them if they got images of Derek Small. Spinal Tap are divine!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#68736 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Any language that you do not understand, seems full of crap.lol
Your a fundie. Your language is BS. We don't understand BS.

At least not until we've had 10 beers.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#68737 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe its
BraveCon wrote:
I believe that
So?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#68738 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Sacrifices is truly an idea that evades me.
Really? Kind of a big thing in your Bible. See there was this hippy bloke called Jesus, King of the Jews...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#68739 Dec 29, 2012
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
When people die, the bond between the soul and the human body is severed. When the soul's connection to the material world is severed, the soul is free to go and dwell in the spiritual realm, which would include places like Heaven. A soul cannot be detected with instruments designed to detect physical properties such as mass and energy so its currently impossible to get the evidence of a soul's existance.
Perhaps one day somebody will design and build an instrument that can detect the properties of spirits.
You could have just shortened that down to "I got jack all evidence!"

:-/
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#68740 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Metaphysics after all, is "beyond" physics...which by its very nature is undefinable.
And thus indeterminable from BS.

Location hidden

#68741 Dec 29, 2012
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The species which evolve the most are the ones which undergo the most stress which they could overcome.
If what you say about sharks and crocodiles is true, then sharks and crocodiles have not undergone much stress which made evolution necessary for survival.
On the other hand, if a population undergoes stress which it CANNOT overcome, that population goes extinct.
Apparently, that is what happened to the trilobites.
Polar bears are descended from dark-colored bears which happened to get caught on the wrong side of the glacier.
At first, they were readily visible by their prey. So the darker colored bears died of starvation, leaving the gene pool open for the lighter colored members.
So where does the peacock fit in with all of this evolutionary blending in stuff?...

http://www.all-hd-wallpapers.com/wallpapers/a...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#68742 Dec 29, 2012
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
When people die, the bond between the soul and the human body is severed. When the soul's connection to the material world is severed, the soul is free to go and dwell in the spiritual realm, which would include places like Heaven. A soul cannot be detected with instruments designed to detect physical properties such as mass and energy so its currently impossible to get the evidence of a soul's existance.
Perhaps one day somebody will design and build an instrument that can detect the properties of spirits.
I ask for evidence, and you give more assertions, now you have more things to provide evidence for. You should get busy if you want to be taken seriously.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#68743 Dec 29, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the evidence for the existence of a "soul"?
I FEEEEEEEEL GOOD!

http://www.boldsoulbrother.com/wp-content/upl...
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#68744 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So how do explain hair loss? Why did early humans lose their hair and then hunt for fur to keep warm?
Actually, the timeframe where humanity lost it's fur is predicted to have occurred fairly early while the species was still in Africa. The idea is that humanity started to sweat to control body heat, and the theory is based on the estimated time frame when human body lice broke away from their parent species found with apes.

Level 5

above and beyond

#68745 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
did you have any particular scene that was your favorite?
I like everything in that movie though I'm not sure what they call that machine where Jake can communicate with the avatars through the biological neural network of Pandora
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#68746 Dec 29, 2012
Thomas Robertson wrote:
Free Servant, how do you know if an agate crystal looks like Jesus?
Do we have any portraits from Jesus' time to compare it with?
I am sorry my reply button doesn't seem to be working. I have been trying to tell you I don't have any agates that I think look like Jesus.

Location hidden

#68747 Dec 29, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So?
oh quit whinin'
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#68748 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So where does the peacock fit in with all of this evolutionary blending in stuff?...
http://www.all-hd-wallpapers.com/wallpapers/a...
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Aves
Order: Galliformes
Family: Phasianidae
Subfamily: Phasianinae
Genus: Pavo

In short? It's a bird.

Level 5

above and beyond

#68749 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask for evidence, and you give more assertions, now you have more things to provide evidence for. You should get busy if you want to be taken seriously.
You keep asking for evidence like you're a private investigator but when you're asked you don't provide explanations for your own assertions

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 19 min Jennifer Renee 10,242
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 25 min Jeffrey 139,767
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 27 min Wolftracks 159,847
Make A Story/ 6 Words Only (Dec '13) 1 hr Rich and Happy 163
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 1 hr say it aint so 5,250
Wi tops high jumping, ultra fast, low IQ Arizon... 1 hr Lex 2
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 1 hr Doug77 28,153
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Wolftracks 39,976
Word Association (Jun '10) 1 hr say it aint so 26,952
Poll Can single Men be friends with Married Women? (Jun '12) 5 hr John Boner 169
More from around the web