Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
64,481 - 64,500 of 115,198 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#68696 Dec 29, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually a meteorite would be cool (or coal? Meh). But alas I only got money and goodies.
I guess you WAS a pretty good guy this year then......You can order hemitite meteorite fragments that were found in Russia, and they are not expensive.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#68697 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you actually prefer to make it all up as you go along instead of learning anything.
and what pray tell, am I making up?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#68698 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you actually prefer to make it all up as you go along instead of learning anything.
There is no such thing as making it up. It's all interpretations. We choose to believe what makes sense to us because we want to fit in.

Location hidden

#68699 Dec 29, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe the Bible display a reality that is:'without material form or substance' and/or:'highly abstract and overly theoretical', which can mean:'Concerned primarily with theories or hypotheses rather than practical considerations.
All of that just means...it's full of crap.
Any language that you do not understand, seems full of crap.lol

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#68700 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
and what pray tell, am I making up?
You are making up what you perceive.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68701 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Any language that you do not understand, seems full of crap.lol
Really, then there is evidence supporting our bible?

Location hidden

#68702 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as making it up. It's all interpretations. We choose to believe what makes sense to us because we want to fit in.
I believe its has alot to do with conditioning...or programming you might say.

Location hidden

#68703 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
what about the torah, the koran, the zohar?
haven't really read them....

“Never give up”

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

North Olmsted, OH

#68704 Dec 29, 2012
I believe that since humans are the only animals with a soul, it is the soul that is constantly altering our DNA and making us evolve into a creature that will barely resemble the original human beings that inhabited the Earth when our race first started some 2 million years ago.

Since God is the one who creates souls and bonds them to the animals known as human beings, He is responsible for mankind becoming the most intelligent and evolved beings on Earth.

Look at sharks and crocodiles, they are both hundreds of millions of years old, yet they have changed very little over this time period. Its because they don't have souls.

Location hidden

#68705 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
according to science everyone does that...lol

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68706 Dec 29, 2012
BraveCon wrote:
I believe that since humans are the only animals with a soul, it is the soul that is constantly altering our DNA and making us evolve into a creature that will barely resemble the original human beings that inhabited the Earth when our race first started some 2 million years ago.
Since God is the one who creates souls and bonds them to the animals known as human beings, He is responsible for mankind becoming the most intelligent and evolved beings on Earth.
Look at sharks and crocodiles, they are both hundreds of millions of years old, yet they have changed very little over this time period. Its because they don't have souls.
So, what is this "soul" and where is the evidence suggesting it?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68707 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
according to science everyone does that...lol
Yes, that is why opinions and anecdotes are not considered evidence and claims are considered bias by default, until verifiable evidence is offered suggesting it. Verifiable, testable, and reproducible evidences are objective, meaning they will behave the exact same way for one person as they do for another. That is why scientists demand that standard of evidence, and why any thinking and rational person would as well. Until such evidence is presented, any claim can be dismissed as meaningless, or delusion if there is an insistence of the claim's validity in spite of evidence to the contrary being uncovered.

Location hidden

#68708 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
including making animal or human sacrifices?
Sacrifices is truly an idea that evades me.

Level 5

above and beyond

#68709 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you elaborate please

sounds like some fallacy to me

Level 5

Taizhou, China

#68710 Dec 29, 2012
Free Servant, how do you know if an agate crystal looks like Jesus?
Do we have any portraits from Jesus' time to compare it with?

“Never give up”

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

North Olmsted, OH

#68711 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what is this "soul" and where is the evidence suggesting it?
When people die, the bond between the soul and the human body is severed. When the soul's connection to the material world is severed, the soul is free to go and dwell in the spiritual realm, which would include places like Heaven. A soul cannot be detected with instruments designed to detect physical properties such as mass and energy so its currently impossible to get the evidence of a soul's existance.

Perhaps one day somebody will design and build an instrument that can detect the properties of spirits.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

#68712 Dec 29, 2012
On a fence in Central America, there was what looked like a picture of Jesus.
Many people took pilgrimages to that fence, and abandoned crutches and wheelchairs accumulated.

But then a workman washed the whitewash off and found that it wasn't Jesus, it was Willy Nelson.

At that point, the crutches and wheelchairs stopped accumulating.

Level 5

above and beyond

#68713 Dec 29, 2012
BraveCon wrote:
LMAO. LAME

Level 5

Taizhou, China

#68714 Dec 29, 2012
xxxoxxx, didn't the Israelites go out and mow down Canaanites and Philistines after they received the Ten Commandments?

Location hidden

#68715 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that is why opinions and anecdotes are not considered evidence and claims are considered bias by default, until verifiable evidence is offered suggesting it. Verifiable, testable, and reproducible evidences are objective, meaning they will behave the exact same way for one person as they do for another. That is why scientists demand that standard of evidence, and why any thinking and rational person would as well. Until such evidence is presented, any claim can be dismissed as meaningless, or delusion if there is an insistence of the claim's validity in spite of evidence to the contrary being uncovered.
Metaphysics after all, is "beyond" physics...which by its very nature is undefinable.(consider the observer effect)
You assume that everything should fit into the man made concept of science without exception...
Without the metaphysical world nothing would exist...but like I said...these are things that you would not understand by way scientific terms...but just as real as the physical world, if not more so.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 min Steve Austin 18,552
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 2 min liam cul8r 23,994
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min Commander Bunny 145,134
Happy Labor Day Weekend 5 min Princess Hey 7
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 5 min Harrison Freebird 17,320
Fergson Police Dept. 6 min beatlesinthebog 362
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 6 min Mechanic 3,185
What's your tip for the day? 9 min beatlesinthebog 802
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 1 hr -Lea- 234
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••