Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
64,341 - 64,360 of 112,806 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I really can't see your logic here...would not kill = would kill?
Not that it matters, but I sure you understood the message imply...lol
If your god told you to, would you kill?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor the victims of Science experiments, that make the Inquisitions look like a Sunday picnic.
I'm fairly sure that most science includes a strong set of ethics. It's true that science isn't some moral code to follow like chivalry, and scientists like ones working for the NAZIs engaged in atrocities. That's why you don't separate the NAZI scientists from the "true" scientists. They all must be held accountable, as should all Christians.

Now, if you're suggesting something but not saying it, that's a moral problem for YOU! Keep your silence and I WILL assume that you're just engaging in the same old "one hand washing the other" that is the trademark of Caucasian Christians.

No ticky, no washy! Right?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
None of them have a "picture" in them. They have images made by the water that our brain identifies as a Jesus.
I tell you what. You post your rocks and I will post my dog butts and we will let people decide which one looks more like Jesus.
Let's forgo the dog pictures. I have enough problems with cats in the house who don't consider perspective when they jump up on my stomach while I'm lying down.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your understanding of God leaves much to be desired....but if you wish an answer on a layman level...

"Thou shall not kill"...was God's commandment...God has already answered your question before you asked.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
This goes back to basic evolution. Accept it or don't. Human bipedalism began in the days of ardipithicus, and refined itself through the last 4 million years.
I only suggest the animal reference because I think that animal algorithms do exist as overlays to a core human psyche. I've already posted on the subject. I don't think you'll find such things among the traditional Caucasian populations because they are psychological extroverts who aren't very stable when contending with mixed feelings. It would take some time to explain.
I simply don't consider "spirits" to exist, and the psyche just is not separate from anatomy. People don't like things to be reduced to algorithms and a set of experiences, but that is the nature of things anyway.
Scientists have hypothesized about bipedalism in apes but have not really studied the evolution of kangaroos who can walk/hop upright.

Intelligence, personalities, and disorders can be affected by biological, psychological and environmental factors. For example, Bipolar Disorders are more prevalent among Caucasians than other races such as Asians who are more reserved. But anyone can be both extrovert and introvert depending on the situation. It's just that our cultures dictate what is supposed to be the norm and what is deviant. In most parts of Asia, people don't separate kids with learning disabilities from the normal ones like how Americans put them in special ed class. I am not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If science told you to kill for science...would you?...many have and many do.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Your understanding of God leaves much to be desired....but if you wish an answer on a layman level...
"Thou shall not kill"...was God's commandment...God has already answered your question before you asked.
If your god told you to kill, which "command" would you disobey?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists have hypothesized about bipedalism in apes but have not really studied the evolution of kangaroos who can walk/hop upright.
Intelligence, personalities, and disorders can be affected by biological, psychological and environmental factors. For example, Bipolar Disorders are more prevalent among Caucasians than other races such as Asians who are more reserved. But anyone can be both extrovert and introvert depending on the situation. It's just that our cultures dictate what is supposed to be the norm and what is deviant. In most parts of Asia, people don't separate kids with learning disabilities from the normal ones like how Americans put them in special ed class. I am not sure if that's a good thing or not.
Your use of the word "normal" to describe a living organism betrays your lack of understand that life itself is.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and the pictures that I linked earlier looked just like Jesus in a couple of dog's butts. People are evolved to look for patterns. Sometimes the pattern isn't really there.
Or do you believe that your Savior manifests himself in a dog's ass?
Patterns are everywhere! What are you talking about? or are you just rocking the boat? um, you might want to avoid the flood that will sweep your ass.

“Trust no one in politics.”

Level 1

Since: Apr 08

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't agree that we are all animals? Where did conscience come from? It's the reason why we study ethics. Are you a bible literalist? Is that why you take every thing people say here literally? Can you tell if people are kidding? Do you know what sacrcasm is?

READ BETWEEN THE LINES! Did it go over your head? I meant that figuratively speaking.
I disagree. We are not all animals. From what I have read on topix many of the posters have the IQ of a beet.

Level 1

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Define god. Does it mean a life form so far more advanced than you are that it seems to be...?

Besides thou shalt not kill was never meant to be taken literally. The punishment for violating most of the laws back then was to be stoned to death by a mob.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your use of the word "normal" to describe a living organism betrays your lack of understand that life itself is.
Ah so you're putting words in my mouth or you're truly ignorant?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If science told you to kill for science...would you?...many have and many do.
Well, since science doesn't actually "do" anything, I will never be faced with that, but if it did, no, I would not. Why won't you answer the same question about your god? Are you scared that you might "anger" it by answering wrong? Or are you hiding the fact that you would kill for a hallucination?

Level 1

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Patterns are everywhere! What are you talking about? or are you just rocking the boat? um, you might want to avoid the flood that will sweep your ass.
Of course patterns are everywhere. If there was one creator he would naturally use a similar pattern for all his works. If evolution is totally random we are all products of the same evolutionary process.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, patterns are everywhere ... because our minds will seek them out and discard anything that does not have a pattern. So we see patterns more than not patterns, even when there are no patterns. That is what anthropomorphizing is, it's altering your perception of reality so you can cope with it more by giving it false patterns which closely resemble what you know or have imagined. The best description of why is for compression.

This is pretty basic neuroscience.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

uther pendragon wrote:
<quoted text>
Define god. Does it mean a life form so far more advanced than you are that it seems to be...?
Besides thou shalt not kill was never meant to be taken literally. The punishment for violating most of the laws back then was to be stoned to death by a mob.
Whichever your god is, or how you describe it. If your god commanded you to kill, would you? It's a simple question, nothing hidden, only a dishonest liar would evade it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
God would never tell one to kill...It's something all "true" Christians KNOW.

Level 1

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If you assume that given the right set of circumstances and a lot of time something will crawl out of the primordial ooze then microbial life is normal. Such life is probably quite common around the universe.

Whether it ever evolves to the point of consciousness is...?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah so you're putting words in my mouth or you're truly ignorant?
... and now you are flat out lying, your post stated "people don't separate kids with learning disabilities from the normal ones," therefore my post was not "putting words into your mouth," it was pointing out a flaw in your thinking and logic.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, patterns are everywhere ... because our minds will seek them out and discard anything that does not have a pattern. So we see patterns more than not patterns, even when there are no patterns. That is what anthropomorphizing is, it's altering your perception of reality so you can cope with it more by giving it false patterns which closely resemble what you know or have imagined. The best description of why is for compression.
This is pretty basic neuroscience.
No you don't know everything. We are everything!

Learn basic neuroscience, word associations are good for the memory. Now can you spell "cataholic" that which you are?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••