Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 173444 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#68577 Dec 29, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/05/jews
Again, why did the
Romans and Greeks adopted the false religion according to you guys?
For the same reasons they adopted false religions before?(shrug)

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#68578 Dec 29, 2012
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
What if you have no idea what caused the creation event known as the big bang and think atheists just another religious group pushing their own myth about how things came into being?
Anyone who claims to know the ultimate truth and seeks to convert the masses to their "one true faith"...
That was not the question I posted, why do you ask a new question without answering the one I asked as the response to my post asking a question?

It's a simple question:

If your god commanded you to kill, would you obey it?

It's not a difficult question to answer for sane people or atheists, why can't you answer it?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#68579 Dec 29, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
If "*no* TRUE Christians would *not*", that's the same as "TRUE Christians *would*".
<quoted text>
No X would not = X would
No TRUE Christians would not = TRUE Christians would
not gonna argue over a foolish technicality. Can you honestly say you didn't comprehend the meaning of it?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68580 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not true...its a fairy tell remember...you said so yourself...not to be believed...but now you offer the same "fairy tale" as your proof!
so which is it?
I am not the one claiming it's based on reality, I am asking that since you think it's reality, you lied when you stated your god would never command killing. You are a liar ... or a troll, starting to think you're a troll now.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#68581 Dec 29, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You got sex from "oral"?
Ya that's why Eve ate the fruit.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#68582 Dec 29, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>OH BOY!!!! Hope you didn't get a lot of meteoric coal for Christmas***
Actually a meteorite would be cool (or coal? Meh). But alas I only got money and goodies.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#68583 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you science book thumpers fail to make the distinction between true Christians, and wolves in sheep's clothing.lol
And apparently you fundies fail to grasp the 'No True Scotsman' fallacy while wearing your rose-tinted glasses.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#68584 Dec 29, 2012
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
What if you have no idea what caused the creation event known as the big bang and think atheists just another religious group pushing their own myth about how things came into being?
Anyone who claims to know the ultimate truth and seeks to convert the masses to their "one true faith"...
Yeah, but the atheists and freethinkers don't demand a 10% tithe

Level 5

above and beyond

#68585 Dec 29, 2012
and got stuck in Adam's apple

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#68586 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya that's why Eve ate the fruit.
Huh?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#68587 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets just say, that no TRUE Christian would not kill another on the grounds of their beliefs...
But on the other hand Evolutionists have no such qualms.
And of course YOU (and your monumentally massive humongous ego) gets to decide who is and who isn't a "true" Christian, right?

Would you or would you not kill if God commanded you to? Keep in mind that in the golden olden days your god was shall we say, a bit of a cranky pants. Then he sends his hippy son down and chills out for a bit. Then at the end of the story he has another mood swing and turns into a major ahole again.

So remind us again why you're attempting to lecture others in morality when you derive yours only from an invisible magical wizard just because it tells you so, motivate purely out of fear and selfishness?
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#68588 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not the question I posted, why do you ask a new question without answering the one I asked as the response to my post asking a question?

It's a simple question:

If your god commanded you to kill, would you obey it?

It's not a difficult question to answer for sane people or atheists, why can't you answer it?
I do not even know what a god is. So to answer it would be silly. As for killing our government kills people every day. We are currently in a perpetual state of war (against a religious group). So that is hardly a big deal.

Level 5

above and beyond

#68589 Dec 29, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And apparently you fundies fail to grasp the 'No True Scotsman' fallacy while wearing your rose-tinted glasses.
There's no true European
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#68590 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
ahhh..so you would twist the meaning...very devilish of you.. Is it not?lol
Of course! Anyone who merely disagrees with the Almighty YOU "must" be "twisting" things, for you are nothing but a pure and good "true" Christian.

And presumably accept the Word Of God that the Earth is flat, correct?

After all, you wouldn't TWIST scripture to suit your convenience would you?

Level 5

above and beyond

#68591 Dec 29, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Huh?
She believes in Adam and Eve story. Eve eating the fruit was an oral tradition.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#68592 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
...and again, why would God want ya to kill someone... when he could do it himself.lol
Then why did God have the Hebrews kill S000ooo many people in the Old Testament???
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#68593 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor the victims of Science experiments, that make the Inquisitions look like a Sunday picnic.
Victims of science? So you would blame a hammer and not the person who wields it? Good stuff. That absolves all evolutionists of anything then!

Level 5

above and beyond

#68594 Dec 29, 2012
Homo sapiens, Homo erectus,... I think these scientists are a bunch of Homo sexuals.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#68595 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
All animals are metaphors for ALL aspects of our psyche. We are not just one type of animal.
Actually we are. Humans. Although humans have many characteristics, but then so do most other animals.
Cybele wrote:
Can you tell us how bipedalism actually occured? How do you know we didn't get that from kangaroos?
Nested hierarchies.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68596 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
and got stuck in Adam's apple
That was actually a good joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min SLY WEST 169,309
The last word in the sentence must rhyme with t... 23 min Curious J 1
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 25 min wichita-rick 1,174
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 34 min UnderstandPeople 29,695
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 47 min Parden Pard 2,433
Let's Play Songs With Four Words,... 48 min wichita-rick 50
News Naked, body-painted bicyclists ride through Phi... 53 min Parden Pard 2
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 43,433
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 hr natasfonos 18,644
Coffee with Pie! (Sep '08) 2 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 35,219
More from around the web