Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#68539 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
God would never tell one to kill...It's something all "true" Christians KNOW.
That was not the question, and doesn't your god get pretty angry when you assume to "know" it's will? I will repeat the question:

If your god commanded you to kill, would you kill?

Only a dishonest person would refuse to answer, only an atheist would be unable to answer.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#68540 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
... and now you are flat out lying, your post stated "people don't separate kids with learning disabilities from the normal ones," therefore my post was not "putting words into your mouth," it was pointing out a flaw in your thinking and logic.
Well define NORMAL.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68541 Dec 29, 2012
uther pendragon wrote:
<quoted text>
If you assume that given the right set of circumstances and a lot of time something will crawl out of the primordial ooze then microbial life is normal. Such life is probably quite common around the universe.
Whether it ever evolves to the point of consciousness is...?
No, due to the fact that things evolve, there can not be a "normal" to living organisms at all. There can be "typical" or "common" but not "normal." All life varies, that's it's strength, and it's why you don't look exactly like your parents, or their parents, or their parents. That was my point. ;)

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68542 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't know everything. We are everything!
Learn basic neuroscience, word associations are good for the memory. Now can you spell "cataholic" that which you are?
Where did I ever claim to "know everything?" Also, what is your point? I fail to see any valid points made by you, so far you have posted nothing but existential assertions based on nothing but fantasy and dreams. Then you change the subject almost every post. So what is your point? Or are you just being a troll?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68543 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Well define NORMAL.
Now you are dodging your own words. Sad, so very sad.

Level 5

above and beyond

#68544 Dec 29, 2012
uther pendragon wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course patterns are everywhere. If there was one creator he would naturally use a similar pattern for all his works. If evolution is totally random we are all products of the same evolutionary process.
Yes I agree! But there's (really) no such thing as "random" or "by chance"

Which is why we study probability.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#68545 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not the question, and doesn't your god get pretty angry when you assume to "know" it's will? I will repeat the question:
Only a dishonest person would refuse to answer, only an atheist would be unable to answer.
I did answer...

Level 5

above and beyond

#68546 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, due to the fact that things evolve, there can not be a "normal" to living organisms at all. There can be "typical" or "common" but not "normal." All life varies, that's it's strength, and it's why you don't look exactly like your parents, or their parents, or their parents. That was my point. ;)
Why are you referring to words like they must all have scientific meaning?

Location hidden

#68547 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since science doesn't actually "do" anything, I will never be faced with that, but if it did, no, I would not. Why won't you answer the same question about your god? Are you scared that you might "anger" it by answering wrong? Or are you hiding the fact that you would kill for a hallucination?
science doesn't actually "do" anything?

seems like your the one avoiding answering questions!...lol

Location hidden

#68548 Dec 29, 2012
"Or are you hiding the fact that you would kill for a hallucination?"

you trippin' sugar...

Location hidden

#68549 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, voices in your head telling you to kill someone would be a sure giveaway...lol

Location hidden

#68550 Dec 29, 2012
...and again, why would God want ya to kill someone... when he could do it himself.lol

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68551 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I did answer...
No, you did not answer the question, you avoided it:

I will repeat the question:

Only a dishonest person would refuse to answer, only an atheist would be unable to answer. Which are you, dishonest or an atheist? Also, your god has commanded killing in your own bible, so yes, it would command such.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68552 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
science doesn't actually "do" anything?
seems like your the one avoiding answering questions!...lol
Why must you lie for your god?

Location hidden

#68553 Dec 29, 2012
In fact you seem to be the one who is obsessed with all this killing stuff...I find that quite interesting.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68554 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
...and again, why would God want ya to kill someone... when he could do it himself.lol
Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.(Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches
You should not let a sorceress live.(Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers
A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death.(Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.(Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents
1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness.(Proverbs 20:20 NAB)
2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense.(Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Death for Adultery
If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.(Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Fornication
A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.(Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Death to Followers of Other Religions
Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed.(Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.(2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill False Prophets
If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.(Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God
Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night
But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst.(Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68555 Dec 29, 2012
Half that list didn't fit, and there are a few more lists. The better question is, what doesn't your god command to be killed? I didn't even get into the freaking sacrifices yet.

www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68556 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
In fact you seem to be the one who is obsessed with all this killing stuff...I find that quite interesting.
Actually, you are completely projecting there. It's not the killing I am addressing, it's your god delusion.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#68557 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
God would never tell one to kill...It's something all "true" Christians KNOW.
Tell it to the Amalekites.

Location hidden

#68558 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you did not answer the question, you avoided it:
I will repeat the question:
Only a dishonest person would refuse to answer, only an atheist would be unable to answer. Which are you, dishonest or an atheist? Also, your god has commanded killing in your own bible, so yes, it would command such.
maybe ya missed it...here it is again.

"God would never tell one to kill...It's something all "true" Christians KNOW"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 7 min -CatCiao- 6,039
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 10 min -CatCiao- 25,371
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 11 min Mechanic 3,967
Five Weird Signs You're Smarter Than Average 17 min For The Record 26
How did John Travolta get so creepy? Yet anothe... 17 min harleyhoney 40
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 20 min dragoon70056 4,875
Life is incomplete without ..... (what?) (Feb '14) 27 min TALLYHO 8541 708
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 39,189
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr Good-Evil 157,703
Couple filmed 'having sex on Charlton Athletic'... 8 hr Christ AlrightyThen 3