Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#68513 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
All animals are metaphors for ALL aspects of our psyche. We are not just one type of animal.
Can you tell us how bipedalism actually occured? How do you know we didn't get that from kangaroos?
This goes back to basic evolution. Accept it or don't. Human bipedalism began in the days of ardipithicus, and refined itself through the last 4 million years.

I only suggest the animal reference because I think that animal algorithms do exist as overlays to a core human psyche. I've already posted on the subject. I don't think you'll find such things among the traditional Caucasian populations because they are psychological extroverts who aren't very stable when contending with mixed feelings. It would take some time to explain.

I simply don't consider "spirits" to exist, and the psyche just is not separate from anatomy. People don't like things to be reduced to algorithms and a set of experiences, but that is the nature of things anyway.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#68514 Dec 29, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>WEll then! Its a funny thing to me that I have shown some of them to people who say they see the same thing as I do before I tell them what I see in them.
Yes, and the pictures that I linked earlier looked just like Jesus in a couple of dog's butts. People are evolved to look for patterns. Sometimes the pattern isn't really there.

Or do you believe that your Savior manifests himself in a dog's ass?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#68515 Dec 29, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>As I said, I have a collection and I have donated a few of them to museums. If I go through the trouble of posting one that I think has a picture in it, how many people would it take to convince you it has a picture, and how could we determine they are honest?
No amount of anthropomorphizing will ever convince me there is something supernatural at work, because we understand the phenomenon too well to consider it evidence. However that wasn't my point in wanting you to post the images, so go ahead, post the images.

But since you have compounded your assertion with another lie, I am doubting you even have one now. Which is disappointing, very disappointing. I was hoping you'd be honest about something, but when you keep adding more and more excuses of why you do not post the images it sounds more like a lie. My digital camera cost me $30, my video camera cost me $25 (and it shows), my webcam cost $10, if you cannot afford a digital media device of that sort, you aren't looking for one. So the camera assertion was either a lie, or a stall tactic.

Now you are claiming they're "in museums" and such, this is not only probably another stall tactic, it's very difficult to believe. Now I suspect that when you do finally post the images you'll make an excuse like "the photos turned out too blurry" when we don't see what you want us to.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#68516 Dec 29, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>As I said, I have a collection and I have donated a few of them to museums. If I go through the trouble of posting one that I think has a picture in it, how many people would it take to convince you it has a picture, and how could we determine they are honest?
None of them have a "picture" in them. They have images made by the water that our brain identifies as a Jesus.

I tell you what. You post your rocks and I will post my dog butts and we will let people decide which one looks more like Jesus.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68517 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I really can't see your logic here...would not kill = would kill?
Not that it matters, but I sure you understood the message imply...lol
If your god told you to, would you kill?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#68518 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor the victims of Science experiments, that make the Inquisitions look like a Sunday picnic.
I'm fairly sure that most science includes a strong set of ethics. It's true that science isn't some moral code to follow like chivalry, and scientists like ones working for the NAZIs engaged in atrocities. That's why you don't separate the NAZI scientists from the "true" scientists. They all must be held accountable, as should all Christians.

Now, if you're suggesting something but not saying it, that's a moral problem for YOU! Keep your silence and I WILL assume that you're just engaging in the same old "one hand washing the other" that is the trademark of Caucasian Christians.

No ticky, no washy! Right?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#68519 Dec 29, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
None of them have a "picture" in them. They have images made by the water that our brain identifies as a Jesus.
I tell you what. You post your rocks and I will post my dog butts and we will let people decide which one looks more like Jesus.
Let's forgo the dog pictures. I have enough problems with cats in the house who don't consider perspective when they jump up on my stomach while I'm lying down.

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#68521 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your understanding of God leaves much to be desired....but if you wish an answer on a layman level...

"Thou shall not kill"...was God's commandment...God has already answered your question before you asked.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#68522 Dec 29, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
This goes back to basic evolution. Accept it or don't. Human bipedalism began in the days of ardipithicus, and refined itself through the last 4 million years.
I only suggest the animal reference because I think that animal algorithms do exist as overlays to a core human psyche. I've already posted on the subject. I don't think you'll find such things among the traditional Caucasian populations because they are psychological extroverts who aren't very stable when contending with mixed feelings. It would take some time to explain.
I simply don't consider "spirits" to exist, and the psyche just is not separate from anatomy. People don't like things to be reduced to algorithms and a set of experiences, but that is the nature of things anyway.
Scientists have hypothesized about bipedalism in apes but have not really studied the evolution of kangaroos who can walk/hop upright.

Intelligence, personalities, and disorders can be affected by biological, psychological and environmental factors. For example, Bipolar Disorders are more prevalent among Caucasians than other races such as Asians who are more reserved. But anyone can be both extrovert and introvert depending on the situation. It's just that our cultures dictate what is supposed to be the norm and what is deviant. In most parts of Asia, people don't separate kids with learning disabilities from the normal ones like how Americans put them in special ed class. I am not sure if that's a good thing or not.

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#68523 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If science told you to kill for science...would you?...many have and many do.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68524 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Your understanding of God leaves much to be desired....but if you wish an answer on a layman level...
"Thou shall not kill"...was God's commandment...God has already answered your question before you asked.
If your god told you to kill, which "command" would you disobey?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68525 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists have hypothesized about bipedalism in apes but have not really studied the evolution of kangaroos who can walk/hop upright.
Intelligence, personalities, and disorders can be affected by biological, psychological and environmental factors. For example, Bipolar Disorders are more prevalent among Caucasians than other races such as Asians who are more reserved. But anyone can be both extrovert and introvert depending on the situation. It's just that our cultures dictate what is supposed to be the norm and what is deviant. In most parts of Asia, people don't separate kids with learning disabilities from the normal ones like how Americans put them in special ed class. I am not sure if that's a good thing or not.
Your use of the word "normal" to describe a living organism betrays your lack of understand that life itself is.

Level 5

above and beyond

#68526 Dec 29, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and the pictures that I linked earlier looked just like Jesus in a couple of dog's butts. People are evolved to look for patterns. Sometimes the pattern isn't really there.
Or do you believe that your Savior manifests himself in a dog's ass?
Patterns are everywhere! What are you talking about? or are you just rocking the boat? um, you might want to avoid the flood that will sweep your ass.

“Trust no one in politics.”

Level 1

Since: Apr 08

Pompano Beach, FL

#68527 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't agree that we are all animals? Where did conscience come from? It's the reason why we study ethics. Are you a bible literalist? Is that why you take every thing people say here literally? Can you tell if people are kidding? Do you know what sacrcasm is?

READ BETWEEN THE LINES! Did it go over your head? I meant that figuratively speaking.
I disagree. We are not all animals. From what I have read on topix many of the posters have the IQ of a beet.

Level 1

Pompano Beach, FL

#68528 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If your god told you to kill, which "command" would you disobey?
Define god. Does it mean a life form so far more advanced than you are that it seems to be...?

Besides thou shalt not kill was never meant to be taken literally. The punishment for violating most of the laws back then was to be stoned to death by a mob.

Level 5

above and beyond

#68530 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your use of the word "normal" to describe a living organism betrays your lack of understand that life itself is.
Ah so you're putting words in my mouth or you're truly ignorant?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68531 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If science told you to kill for science...would you?...many have and many do.
Well, since science doesn't actually "do" anything, I will never be faced with that, but if it did, no, I would not. Why won't you answer the same question about your god? Are you scared that you might "anger" it by answering wrong? Or are you hiding the fact that you would kill for a hallucination?

Level 1

Pompano Beach, FL

#68532 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Patterns are everywhere! What are you talking about? or are you just rocking the boat? um, you might want to avoid the flood that will sweep your ass.
Of course patterns are everywhere. If there was one creator he would naturally use a similar pattern for all his works. If evolution is totally random we are all products of the same evolutionary process.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68533 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, patterns are everywhere ... because our minds will seek them out and discard anything that does not have a pattern. So we see patterns more than not patterns, even when there are no patterns. That is what anthropomorphizing is, it's altering your perception of reality so you can cope with it more by giving it false patterns which closely resemble what you know or have imagined. The best description of why is for compression.

This is pretty basic neuroscience.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68534 Dec 29, 2012
uther pendragon wrote:
<quoted text>
Define god. Does it mean a life form so far more advanced than you are that it seems to be...?
Besides thou shalt not kill was never meant to be taken literally. The punishment for violating most of the laws back then was to be stoned to death by a mob.
Whichever your god is, or how you describe it. If your god commanded you to kill, would you? It's a simple question, nothing hidden, only a dishonest liar would evade it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 2 min andet1987 138,346
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min _hellbilly_ 152,563
Police: Man in elf costume charged with DWI 6 min Mechanic 11
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 6 min andet1987 2,897
Strange new fish discovered at record-breaking ... 8 min Jaimie 4
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 12 min Wolftracks 25,759
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 12 min andet1987 269
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 54 min Ricky F 24,142
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 7,634
More from around the web