Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#68473 Dec 29, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the "No True Scotsman" logical fallacy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_scotsman
exactly...

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#68474 Dec 29, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>OH BOY!!!! Hope you didn't get a lot of meteoric coal for Christmas***
There's no such thing as "meteoric coal". However, if I were to have found a good size nickle-iron meteor in my stocking, would have been extremely pleased!

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#68475 Dec 29, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text> Well, Leela says you're a numbskull and I tend to trust her opinion.
How about Leela, Pierre, is she your wife or daughter?
Numbskull?lol

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#68476 Dec 29, 2012
Why don't we pull the no-true-Scotsman plea?
If the Connecticut school shooter was embarrassing to Evolutionists, then let's say that he wasn't a true Evolutionist.

Creationists always bring Haeckel's name up, so let's say that Haeckel wasn't a true Evolutionist.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#68477 Dec 29, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as "meteoric coal". However, if I were to have found a good size nickle-iron meteor in my stocking, would have been extremely pleased!
I know, I was joking and the Dude knows an agate isn't a meteor either. I have a collection of agates with pictures in them, for real!

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#68478 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you science book thumpers fail to make the distinction between true Christians, and wolves in sheep's clothing.lol
and I might add...

Matthew 7:20

"Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#68479 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's - histrionic (hysterical) personality disorder.
Symptoms include emotional excitability, such as irrational angry outbursts or tantrums; abnormal craving for activity and excitement; overreaction to minor events; manipulative threats and gestures; egocentricity; inconsiderateness; inconsistency; and continuous demand for reassurance generated by feelings of helplessness and dependency. A person with this disorder is perceived by others as vain, demanding, superficial, self-centered, and self-indulgent. The disorder is more prevalent in women than in men.
You have a Julian Assagne rewrite what has already been written type problem, don't you.

Give it up. You quoted the disorder incorrectly while insulting another, and got called out on it.
Grow the flock up, face reality and just admit YOU were wrong about it.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#68480 Dec 29, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
For the same reason that they adopted the false religions of the Greek and Roman gods.
But none of them were made the official religion of the whole empire apart from Christianity.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#68481 Dec 29, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I know, I was joking and the Dude knows an agate isn't a meteor either. I have a collection of agates with pictures in them, for real!
No you do not.

You may have a collection of agates with minerals encased within it that TO YOU suggests an image.....but it is not a 'picture'.

Have you heard of a Rorschach ("Inkblot") test?
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#68482 Dec 29, 2012
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to learn more about psychology. We are all animals with the same instincts unless you're made of candle wax. You really need that flame to get enlightened.
Stop accusing me of justifying these heinous crimes. I just happen to 'understand' what drives humans to do certain things. comprende?
SOME humans have the ability of SELF control... as well as the ability to listen to a little thing called a conscience-in knowing right vs wrong (including in the areas of "Do Unto other others, as one would wish to be treated themselves" per say) BETTER than others.

FACT.

For the ones that DON'T and only wish to USE some lame "we're all animlas" EXCUSE to try and justify thier own NOT as good "behavior"-oh well..that's their problem, NOT anyone elses!!!!!!!!!!
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#68483 Dec 29, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No you do not.
You may have a collection of agates with minerals encased within it that TO YOU suggests an image.....but it is not a 'picture'.
Have you heard of a Rorschach ("Inkblot") test?
WEll then! Its a funny thing to me that I have shown some of them to people who say they see the same thing as I do before I tell them what I see in them.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#68484 Dec 29, 2012
Thomas Robertson wrote:
Why don't we pull the no-true-Scotsman plea?
If the Connecticut school shooter was embarrassing to Evolutionists, then let's say that he wasn't a true Evolutionist.
Creationists always bring Haeckel's name up, so let's say that Haeckel wasn't a true Evolutionist.
Lets just say, that no TRUE Christian would not kill another on the grounds of their beliefs...

But on the other hand Evolutionists have no such qualms.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68485 Dec 29, 2012
Richard Robles wrote:
The connecticut school shooter was an Atheist ... nuff said! The world would be a happier place without Islam and Atheism.
"Anders Behring Breivik was a practicing militant Darwinian Atheist racist. He believed secularism and science was the world's salvation, not Jesus Christ."
Anders Behring Breivik, Mass Murderer of Norway, was an Atheist Social Darwinist - NOT a Christian
http://cross.tv/69392
Degrading the deaths of children just for your own political agenda, you disgust me, especially since you base it on a lie, from a site of people who are so vile they have to do the same thing. You lessen the value of life lost through your own idiocy, which you do simply because you are insecure about your own ideas, you know you're wrong, but you need that excuse to justify doing vile things like this.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#68486 Dec 29, 2012
For the same reason that they adopted the false religions of the Greek and Roman gods.
Charles Idemi wrote:
But none of them were made the official religion of the whole empire apart from Christianity.
Wrong. From your favorite source, Wikipedia:

"Rejection of the state religion was tantamount to treason. This was the context for Rome's conflict with Christianity, which Romans variously regarded as a form of atheism and novel superstitio."

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#68487 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
Lets just say, that no TRUE Christian would not kill another on the grounds of their beliefs
So you're saying that TRUE Christians *would* kill another on the grounds of their beliefs.

Yes, we would agree that they would do that.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68488 Dec 29, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I know, I was joking and the Dude knows an agate isn't a meteor either. I have a collection of agates with pictures in them, for real!
Just like how when clouds look like puppy dogs it proves there are puppy dogs? Or what about when you see a cloud that looks like a pegasus, that makes pegasus real? Or one that looks like a fairy means all fairies are real? Perhaps the one that looks like a horse means you will get a horse soon ... someday?

It's called anthropomorphizing, and we do it with everything, naturally. The mind prefers patterns so we seek out patterns then assign labels to them based on what we know, it's a form of memory/information compression, who instead of remembering the details, you just remember the vague connection to an idea that's already in your mind, typically from mythology, as those concepts are just vague enough for the mind to use easily.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68489 Dec 29, 2012
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets just say, that no TRUE Christian would not kill another on the grounds of their beliefs...
But on the other hand Evolutionists have no such qualms.
Still with the no true Scotsman fallacy. Based on your fallacy, if it was true, then that means we can't trust anyone who claims they are christian ... even you.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#68490 Dec 29, 2012
I was at a wal mart getting pictures copied of one of my agates when I showed it to one of the guys working there and he not only saw what I had seen but pointed out details that I had not looked at before. The picture was clear to him before I told him what I saw.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#68491 Dec 29, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>WEll then! Its a funny thing to me that I have shown some of them to people who say they see the same thing as I do before I tell them what I see in them.
People do the same with inkblots.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#68492 Dec 29, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying that TRUE Christians *would* kill another on the grounds of their beliefs.
Yes, we would agree that they would do that.
ahhh..so you would twist the meaning...very devilish of you.. Is it not?lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 8 min andet1987 4,237
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min wichita-rick 152,458
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 14 min andet1987 2,945
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 17 min Whiny1 6,949
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 18 min andet1987 29,993
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 20 min andet1987 3,979
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 24 min andet1987 28,625
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 58 min lol 25,662
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 1 hr CJ Rocker 222
HOW LONG can you hold YOUR SEMEN ? For men only. (Mar '12) 3 hr -Lea- 47