Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201764 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#66527 Dec 21, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Hmmm. But you started it.
Why do you hate the truth, buddy?
How did I start this topic?

You can't spell "English" without L I E S. But you'll find "Truth" in UTTER CHAOS.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Saint Neots, UK

#66528 Dec 21, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I had to go take a peek at that. The first article is by Andrew Snelling. Found this tid-bit on him:
http://www.noanswersingenesis.org.au/realsnel...
Pretty funny.
About sums up the creationist stance - utter rubbish!

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#66529 Dec 21, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you provide objective scientific evidence that your god even exists?
No.
<quoted text>
So a filly hurt you and you found god. Well good for you.
<quoted text>
That is the inevitable consequence.
<quoted text>
No it doesn't.
<quoted text>
So your god is unfulfilled.
How human.
<quoted text>
Actually it's EXACTLY like that. Worship or burn. Then out of the gullible who believe without evidence (like you) it has an army of followers who try to make everyone else feel bad, calling them "immoral", "sinners" or "lesser men" for simply not buying into your BS. You think that's not pressure?
<quoted text>
There is no sacrifice. He loses nothing he couldn't magically poof into existence if it wanted.
<quoted text>
Jesus is gay? Surprised to hear fundies say that.
I had an arguement a few months back with a fundamentalist regarding sexuality. He was against homosexuality if that surprises you and his argument was based on the Biblical passages about Jesus being tempted by all things (by inferrence, homosexuality as well). He stated that everyone was tempted by homosexuality, but good Christians didn't succomb or repented. My argument was that I didn't think that was true. As we got deeper into the discussion, the direction of his argument became one where in order to be a good Christian you had to have had a homosexual experience. Though, I do not believe it was his intent, I found this outcome to be amusing. After reading Rose Tyler's post and your response, maybe I was wrong in my conclusion.

Level 9

#66530 Dec 21, 2012
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to have you guys actually READ IT.
So one of your underlying assumptions is that people that accept evolution don't or have never read the Bible. What do you base that on?

Why don't you leave the games for later and point out the relevant passages? If they are truly what you claim, then they should stand up to scrutiny and not require tricks to mask them.

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#66531 Dec 21, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Choice is an illusion in view of one who knows all.
<quoted text>
I've not seen Mike advocate genocide and infanticide like you have.
<quoted text>
What's to worship? You offer an entity who enjoys a lot of genocide and infanticide then offer no evidence of its existence.
<quoted text>
I think the word you were looking for was "quash", not "quench". My only desire here is to demonstrate the flaws in fundamentalist thinking and expose their lies for what they are. And maybe have a laugh while I'm doing it. Mirth is almost guaranteed when dealing with reality deniers.
I don't deny the realiy of sin and the consequences for it, neither do I deny that God is merciful. His mercy s revealed by allowing mankind to continue existing. Who is an example, in today's world of infanticide and genocide in the Name of God? Who points to the Bible nd says...God made me it...? I see good coming from that book that makes me wonder howblind one must be to fail to see such good.

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#66532 Dec 21, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: Be ignorant and all will be fine!
And you bought it. Kinda like that passage from Romans.
All written only by men.
I would have summed it up like this rather: STAY SAFE re I corinthians 1:18 -24 or so...

Level 9

#66533 Dec 21, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't deny the realiy of sin and the consequences for it, neither do I deny that God is merciful. His mercy s revealed by allowing mankind to continue existing. Who is an example, in today's world of infanticide and genocide in the Name of God? Who points to the Bible nd says...God made me it...? I see good coming from that book that makes me wonder howblind one must be to fail to see such good.
Rose Tyler, no matter how much wisdom and goodness may be described in a book, it all boils down to how that knowledge is used by its adherents. Today's world of infanticide and genocide is the same as described in the Bible.

My basic argument isn't against religious belief or God or Odin or no deity at all. It is against the misuse of religion by ignorant people and the destruction of real, fact-based knowledge that has been accumulating over the centuries.

Based on what I have read of your posts, I feel you believe in the saving of innocents. Medical science can now save children for being born that might be otherwise dead even 20 years ago. That medical science is founded on the very principles that are at odds with your beliefs. I am not challenging you to say anything contrary to your beliefs or to throw them away and embrace something new, but just think about this. Should we stop saving the weak, the sick or the dying because the foundation of that ability is science that does not support Genesis?

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#66534 Dec 21, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I had to go take a peek at that. The first article is by Andrew Snelling. Found this tid-bit on him:
http://www.noanswersingenesis.org.au/realsnel...
Pretty funny.
Great link Mike, now all we need is a third Andrew Snelling to sort this all out......

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

#66535 Dec 21, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I had an arguement a few months back with a fundamentalist regarding sexuality. He was against homosexuality if that surprises you and his argument was based on the Biblical passages about Jesus being tempted by all things (by inferrence, homosexuality as well). He stated that everyone was tempted by homosexuality, but good Christians didn't succomb or repented. My argument was that I didn't think that was true. As we got deeper into the discussion, the direction of his argument became one where in order to be a good Christian you had to have had a homosexual experience. Though, I do not believe it was his intent, I found this outcome to be amusing. After reading Rose Tyler's post and your response, maybe I was wrong in my conclusion.
never married, hung with the boys all day,wore sandals and a skirt....I'm just saying....

Level 9

#66536 Dec 21, 2012
lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>So anything that you don't want to hear about is "made up" regardless of documentation or proof???? Pretty convenient, and who will decide what is made up and what is "real"???Who'll be that authority, you Charles??I don't think so, it was only yesterday I managed to convince you that "the Jutes" were a bavarian skiffle band who taught George Harrison to play sitar, so no, you wouldn't have the skills, awareness or just plain smarts to be that person. How about taking some time off from posting and speak to a student or a faculty member at your local college in the language dept.?????You might even learn something.........
You made that up. I was looking for their albums.

Level 9

#66537 Dec 21, 2012
lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>never married, hung with the boys all day,wore sandals and a skirt....I'm just saying....
I saw or read something, some years back that a Jewish man of the age of Christ and at the time would have been married. Apparently the odds of him not being married were pretty low.

Maybe they had a don't ask, don't prophecize policy.

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

#66538 Dec 21, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
And equally, how blind must one be to not see the hate that has and still does emenate from that book, whether it be used to to subjugate women, defend slavery, kill the non believers, abandon the poor,punish the homosexuals,censor the arts, falsify and deny the sciences,ad infinitum, sorry but if your man upstairs wanted a book about love and mercy he really hired the wrong ghostwriters..........

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#66539 Dec 21, 2012
lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>never married, hung with the boys all day,wore sandals and a skirt....I'm just saying....
Not to mention that some of his best friends were hookers yet he never even considered "visiting" them.

Yes, it is beginning to sound a bit familiar.

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

#66540 Dec 21, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You made that up. I was looking for their albums.
I once wrote a fictional CD review for the university paper and I had 3 people write in to complain I was too harsh on said imaginary band, which led to me having to issue an imaginary retraction..pretty funny.

“happy to be horny”

Level 2

Location hidden

#66541 Dec 21, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I saw or read something, some years back that a Jewish man of the age of Christ and at the time would have been married. Apparently the odds of him not being married were pretty low.
Maybe they had a don't ask, don't prophecize policy.
Now there's a slogan worth printing on a few t-shirts!!

Level 9

#66542 Dec 21, 2012
lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>I once wrote a fictional CD review for the university paper and I had 3 people write in to complain I was too harsh on said imaginary band, which led to me having to issue an imaginary retraction..pretty funny.
That is brilliant.

Level 9

#66543 Dec 21, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention that some of his best friends were hookers yet he never even considered "visiting" them.
Yes, it is beginning to sound a bit familiar.
Did you say hookers? They never mentioned that in Sunday School.

Alas, I would have failed miserably as a messiah. Mom had such high hopes too.

Level 1

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#66545 Dec 21, 2012
again?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#66546 Dec 21, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "American" has multiple meanings. The correct meaning depends on the context.
1. It can mean an American Indian from either North America or South America.
2. It can mean someone who was born in or who is living in North America or South America.
3. It can mean a citizen of the United States.
The native Americans were Americans under the first meaning and under the second meaning.
The Founders were Americans under the second meaning and, after the creation of the United States, under the third meaning.
<quoted text>
Yes, I understand that you keep making an error when you confuse "English people" with "English language".
All what you have said are clearly understood by me. Generally, the US citizens are mainly called, the Americans unlike others who prefers the title, Canadian, Brazilian, Mexicans, etc.
You are wrong. Admit the fact.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#66547 Dec 21, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "American" has multiple meanings. The correct meaning depends on the context.
1. It can mean an American Indian from either North America or South America.
2. It can mean someone who was born in or who is living in North America or South America.
3. It can mean a citizen of the United States.
The native Americans were Americans under the first meaning and under the second meaning.
The Founders were Americans under the second meaning and, after the creation of the United States, under the third meaning.
<quoted text>
Yes, I understand that you keep making an error when you confuse "English people" with "English language".
Again, the foreigners who resides in England, whether born or not born, are regarded as immigrants.
The people of England are known as the English and their language is called the English language.
The immigrants are adoptors of this language, because they have their own original languages.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 6 min Calisportsgirl 4,770
Word association (Jun '07) 7 min Calisportsgirl 4,826
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 10 min KNIGHT DeVINE 18,522
Word Association (Mar '10) 12 min KNIGHT DeVINE 20,685
News Weird 36 mins ago 12:44 p.m.Mall guard accident... 20 min Shirvell s Shrivel 6
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 34 min Calisportsgirl 58,217
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 38 min dod 8,539
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 57 min wichita-rick 194,703
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 1 hr grace-fallen 7,894
More from around the web